• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited May 2016
    ^^^^

Canadian education system at work :lol:
  • Options

^^^^

Canadian education system at work :lol:

The post secondary one that you abused or, like, the regular public system?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    "or, like,..." :rofl:
  • Options
    Thanks for the history lesson. You kind of remind me of my ex-wife, she never let me forget anything I ever said she didn't agree with either :lol:
    If the only bad thing in life I am known for is the "abuser of post secondary school", I think I'm doing ok. Wowsers
  • Options
    Wow.

A little defensive still, eh? I thought we were just exchanging a few good natured jabs.

In all seriousness... look at this perspective on recent Canadian politics (one that had you in a bit of a tizzy I might add):

Seriously... watch it- it's f**king hilarious.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj7pBOdtEGI
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited May 2016

Wow.

A little defensive still, eh? I thought we were just exchanging a few good natured jabs.

In all seriousness... look at this perspective on recent Canadian politics (one that had you in a bit of a tizzy I might add):

Hey that's my Team :tongue: lol
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Wow.

... Only thing I abused in post secondary school was alcohol.. :lol:
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    I thought Wynne and Trudeau were hard core environmentalist ... Both this past weekend referred to global warming as climate change ... Which is it? Climate change or Global warming? or are these 2 out to fleeceus, I know 1 for sure is fleecing us here in Ontario.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,766
    edited May 2016
    lukin2006 said:

I thought Wynne and Trudeau were hard core environmentalist ... Both this past weekend referred to global warming as climate change ... Which is it? Climate change or Global warming? or are these 2 out to fleeceus, I know 1 for sure is fleecing us here in Ontario.

It's kind of either/or, but the more accurate term is climate change, since it's not just about things getting warmer. It's about climate, not temperature. So it used to be global warming, which has turned out to be misleading in a way because it's too vague, and now it's climate change for the sake of descriptive accuracy. Climate is changing to our detriment due to global warming. It is climate change that is impacting us. It includes things like more powerful storms, flooding, etc etc, instead of just shit getting warmer.
    But either way, I feel like you're bringing up a non-issue, if I'm right in thinking you're trying to suggest that "climate change" is meant to soften the concept. It's not.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ^^^ I was under impression that the correct term is "global warming".

• Options
    edited May 2016
    lukin2006 said:

^^^ I was under impression that the correct term is "global warming".

Well they are both correct terms. They just really don't quite mean the same thing. There is nothing wrong with using either one. I think it's generally understood that global warming causes climate change, which is what is really hurting us. So either/or seems fine.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    ^^^sounds good ...

• Options
    The liberals changed the Environment Portfolio name.
    It is now called Environment and Climate Change.
    I wonder if it includes Global Warming somewhere in there?
  • Options
    I think it's very safe to assume that it does.
    Frankly, though, i'm surprised you care.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

?
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

?
    You just seem really inconsistent in your political views.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    ^^

Yeah what's the matter with you leave1? This is not a free country where you are allowed to change your mind! The left is right and when the right thinks left, it's shady :lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2016

^^

Yeah what's the matter with you leave1? This is not a free country where you are allowed to change your mind! The left is right and when the right thinks left, it's shady :lol:

Oh please. I am not talking about him changing his mind. I'm talking about him having completely contrary opinions in different threads at the same time. He's all over the board, apparently depending on his mood or what kind of reaction he can get.
    But also, who said anything about him not being free to do that?? Ugh, so many right wingers do this. Someone says something, gives their opinion, and they suddenly treat that as some kind of declaration that restricts their rights. It's so fucking ridiculous.
  • Options
    Assisted dying bill wins approval of the House Of Commons, now headed to the Senate ... I believe the cons still control the senate, hopefully they pass the bill quickly.

• Options
    ^^^
    I have Liberal views on some things, Conservative views on others, NDP and Green views too.
    I tried thinking like a liberal fulltime and got really scared that day. I couldn't tell if I was a zombie or I just attracted them by the millions.
  • Options
    Ottawa sees Ontario stance on CPP as roadblock to expanding pension plan

http://business.financialpost.com/news/economy/ottawa-see-ontario-stance-on-cpp-as-roadblock-to-expanding-pension-plan

Are any of you Canadian poster interested in an expanded CPP. I'm not myself.

• Options
    The only reason we need an expanded CPP is because the government over the years have taken more and more of our paycheck allowing us less and less to save for retirement.

• Options
    ^^^
    Why not?
  • Options

^^^
    I have Liberal views on some things, Conservative views on others, NDP and Green views too.
    I tried thinking like a liberal fulltime and got really scared that day. I couldn't tell if I was a zombie or I just attracted them by the millions.

Hehehehe ....

• Options

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited June 2016
    ^^^
    Nice article.
    NP is more often than not a good read. Andrew Coyne with Chantal Hebert together would make this newspaper great again (no pun intended actually)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

^^

Oh please. I am not talking about him changing his mind. I'm talking about him having completely contrary opinions in different threads at the same time. He's all over the board, apparently depending on his mood or what kind of reaction he can get.
    But also, who said anything about him not being free to do that?? Ugh, so many right wingers do this. Someone says something, gives their opinion, and they suddenly treat that as some kind of declaration that restricts their rights. It's so fucking ridiculous.
    ...I think someone can't comprehend sarcasm. i was a right winger though... How did you know? Right up until peanuts I played centre and then the coach wanted my large frame in front of the goalie so he moved me to the right wing in atoms.
  • Options

^^^

When I did that quiz before the election I was one third Conservative, one third Liberal, one quarter NDP, and 9% mentally insane , I mean Green Party.

Yet, I'm a "right winger" on here. Which reminded me a joke a boss of mine used to tell me. She said "I'm from Kirkland Lake and the only thing from there is hockey players and whores. I'm a right winger"
  • Options
    edited June 2016

^^^

No man, i'm talking about how you sometimes actually contradict yourself depending on the day.
    Most if not all people have views that touch on various party views. I think I agreed with 32% of Conservative platforms doing that quiz (92% for both NDP and Liberal).