Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Breaking News…Canadians storming Ottawa…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV0XoAWi_oM
    Is this before or after the various lies you've spread here and then move right along after being called out. A motherfucker would think a motherfucker would learn.  Or a motherfucker could just double down.   (@dankind thanks for the new use of motherfucker!)
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    The RCMP shithead that trampled the indigenous lady with his horse later bragged about it on social media…of course this is the same bunch that had know problem kicking the shit out of the indigenous, just because and ripped indigenous children away from their parents to put them in residential schools…just a bunch of stooges.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-contributor-sara-carter-admits-to-creating-fake-story-about-canadian-woman-being-trampled?ref=scroll

The Fox News contributor and frequent Sean Hannity enlisted field reporter added that “someone was taken to a hospital with a heart condition - not due to trampling. I want to clarify this again and apologize for any confusion.”

Haha. That's embarrassing.
    fox made an apology? holy shit, write that one down because it doesn't happen nearly as often as it should.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Probably another lie 
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    Is there any more context for that video? The only article I could find was on a website whose credibility I’m immediately forced to question (it was noqreport or something, and the article didn’t add anything factual).

I would be curious to know what “inspection” the police wanted to conduct and under what justifications.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Is there any more context for that video? The only article I could find was on a website whose credibility I’m immediately forced to question (it was noqreport or something, and the article didn’t add anything factual).

I would be curious to know what “inspection” the police wanted to conduct and under what justifications.
    The Canada I live in when the police show up and no crime has been committed and no warrant is presented the gestapos must walk away..but not in mr blackface and butterballs canada…that was my point more than anything…

Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

The Canada I live in when the police show up and no crime has been committed and no warrant is presented the gestapos must walk away..but not in mr blackface and butterballs canada…that was my point more than anything…

I pretty well understood your point, thanks, that was why I was asking for context, because there was the possibility that the police could be justified. I agree that they should still need a warrant or clear cause to “inspect” the premises.

I found this article that does seem to give a bit more information, but they come across with clear bias (they do seem to rely on citizen journalists), but they do have someone reporting from actually inside the cafe.

https://thenationaltelegraph.com/national/trudeaus-police-are-going-after-the-iconic-cafe-a-small-business-that-served-truckers?format=amp

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    so much for two sides to every story.....
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Sorry for being obtuse again, but huh?

• Options
    The article not only present no evidence of the illegal harassment but it doesn't even say what the police or gov't are allegedly doing!  Are they yelling at the owners?  Are they breaking the taillights on their cars and writing tickets?  There is literally zero detail.  This is the worst 'reporting' I've ever read. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    The article not only present no evidence of the illegal harassment but it doesn't even say what the police or gov't are allegedly doing!  Are they yelling at the owners?  Are they breaking the taillights on their cars and writing tickets?  There is literally zero detail.  This is the worst 'reporting' I've ever read. 
    I agree it’s not the best source, but it’s the only one I could find that wasn’t just a tweet with zero context. There’s nothing about this in the “big name” media outlets.

I do have problems with the police apparently keeping reporters away from the remaining operations against the demonstrators. That’s a good way to only get one side of the story in my opinion and set the stage for possible abuses (too bad bodycams are mostly in the pilot project phase across Canada, because that might address some of my concerns).

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I agree it’s not the best source, but it’s the only one I could find that wasn’t just a tweet with zero context. There’s nothing about this in the “big name” media outlets.

I do have problems with the police apparently keeping reporters away from the remaining operations against the demonstrators. That’s a good way to only get one side of the story in my opinion and set the stage for possible abuses (too bad bodycams are mostly in the pilot project phase across Canada, because that might address some of my concerns).
    If it's the only one you can find, maybe it isn't true?  ON this spammed up thread alone, we determined that the person stomped by the horse wasn't true, and Meltdown also posted that the cache of weapons wasn't from the protest.  However the only 'evidence' was a tweet.  We're supposed to believe random tweet, but not the police official account.  Okay.  Who knows how much other BS has been spammed out there.  The right wing lies in this country and you have been invaded by them this month.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

If it's the only one you can find, maybe it isn't true?  ON this spammed up thread alone, we determined that the person stomped by the horse wasn't true, and Meltdown also posted that the cache of weapons wasn't from the protest.  However the only 'evidence' was a tweet.  We're supposed to believe random tweet, but not the police official account.  Okay.  Who knows how much other BS has been spammed out there.  The right wing lies in this country and you have been invaded by them this month.  
    I hate to fall back on this but the video clearly shows something happened. The video doesn’t seem to be edited, but admittedly doesn’t capture the entire interaction.

The police seem to have not made any statements on this, but they are free to do so, especially if they want to counter the narrative that police are now harassing businesses that stayed open and may have even been sympathetic to the protesters. As I said initially, the police may have had legitimate reasons to do what they were doing, but now that the video’s out there they can address it or ignore it.

• Options
    all I saw was the police arguing with the shop owner about something; what that something is, is unknowable by this video alone. so I didn't see "something happen". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited February 2022
    all I saw was the police arguing with the shop owner about something; what that something is, is unknowable by this video alone. so I didn't see "something happen". 
    So why were the police denied entry to the premises, apparently lawfully? What was the substance of the exchange between the owner and the officers? Admittedly the “citizen journalists” who are in the cafe have seemingly asked the owner (or I presume they would have quoted them). Maybe some legitimate media can get to the scene and gather some actual facts. If the police are abusing their new authorities then that’s something we should all be concerned about in my opinion.

It feels odd that I asked meltdown for some context, found a little bit of my own, which I shared (and acknowledged it’s questionable source).

Edit:  I realize the second paragraph is an incomplete thought, dinner was served (and auto-save is gone), it was going to touch on having to defend sources that are obviously questionable but are the only source of information on this story.
    Post edited by DarthMaeglin on

• Options
    edited February 2022
    The point is maybe missed … if a cop shows up at my door he ain’t getting in without a search warrant. These folks had no interest in dealing with the pigs…under Trudeau’s Canada’s pigs are being empowered to be assholes..All because the racist, misogynist, antisemite piece of garbage can’t handle critics…and he’s being enabled by butterball in Toronto…both are human sacks of shit…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options
    The point is maybe missed … if a cop shows up at my door he ain’t getting in without a search warrant. These folks had no interest in dealing with the pigs…under Trudeau’s Canada’s pigs are being empowered to be assholes..All because the racist, misogynist, antisemite piece of garbage can’t handle critics…and he’s being enabled by butterball in Toronto…both are human sacks of shit…
    the point isn't missed. police ask for access to private places in the midst of their normal duties all the time. the shop owner, however, obviously has every right to deny them entry. the point is, we don't know why they wanted entry, why the shop owner was so paranoid, etc. all we know is what the source printed. and that source is beyond questionable.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Just remember the next con government will do the same thing to end a protest they don’t like…and I would never be with that. This was a failure of the Ottawa chief sloly…who walked away with a 1 million dollar payout and is now being used by a sensitive smuck who can’t handle criticism..He’s a fucking cowherd. And if these people were so dangerous then they’d be charged with more than mischief…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    So why were the police denied entry to the premises, apparently lawfully? What was the substance of the exchange between the owner and the officers? Admittedly the “citizen journalists” who are in the cafe have seemingly asked the owner (or I presume they would have quoted them). Maybe some legitimate media can get to the scene and gather some actual facts. If the police are abusing their new authorities then that’s something we should all be concerned about in my opinion.

It feels odd that I asked meltdown for some context, found a little bit of my own, which I shared (and acknowledged it’s questionable source).

Edit:  I realize the second paragraph is an incomplete thought, dinner was served (and auto-save is gone), it was going to touch on having to defend sources that are obviously questionable but are the only source of information on this story.
    your first two questions are exactly my point; we don't know, so there is no point in speculating. I don't see this as anything worth concerning myself over. the police didn't force themselves in. they were asking for access, they were denied, and they eventually left. i don't think it's being reported because nothing happened. not because the news is biased for trudeau. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Unless it’s someone the lying shit, racist, misogynist, antisemite disagree with…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    seems some don't understand the difference between lawful and unlawful assembly.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    edited February 2022
    https://youtu.be/5efyUt5YDU0

Good watch. Rex is golden.
    Post edited by Nami on
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    edited February 2022
    Um...you realize this tweet is 3 years old and about Trump.....righ?....nah, you don't realize it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

your first two questions are exactly my point; we don't know, so there is no point in speculating. I don't see this as anything worth concerning myself over. the police didn't force themselves in. they were asking for access, they were denied, and they eventually left. i don't think it's being reported because nothing happened. not because the news is biased for trudeau. 
    I get what you're saying, to me police threatening to break in the door qualifies as something happened,  but maybe (definitely,  lol?) I should watch the clip later with headphones when I'm able to hear if that's audible. I wasn't trying to say it wasn't being reported because of bias, I just wanted a more trustworthy source to look into this. 

• Options
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    It's funny watching someone who spams this thread constantly own and out themselves.

This is who the occupiers are. They are not our best, not our brightest. They are our softest.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    It's funny watching someone who spams this thread constantly own and out themselves.

This is who the occupiers are. They are not our best, not our brightest. They are our softest.
    It's magical