Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Anyone seen Erin O’Toole? He disappeared faster than a slice of cheesecake at Doug Fords house…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Animals are smart enough for not have the dumb lead them..not Canadians.  

l
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    It’s important to note that the horse that trampled an indigenous elder has better drinking water than many indigenous do in Canada…instead of dealing with those issues…the left cheers on more government over reach…pretty sick people in this country at this point…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    edited February 2022
    https://youtu.be/Fu8QWVJuXhQ

As a couple you before mentioned. The horse incident and another investigation on the lady hit with the riot gun. She was a reporter from Rebel News.  

Under investigation...

Post edited by Nami on
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/87JthEPi8tc

Holy hell can Freeland stand straight for 10 seconds or is she going through JTs speech in her head. Sweet jebus

This guy ... Man. So full of shite
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Nami said:
    https://youtu.be/Fu8QWVJuXhQ

As a couple you before mentioned. The horse incident and another investigation on the lady hit with the riot gun. She was a reporter from Rebel News.  

Under investigation...

There are no reporters at Rebel "News". Just grifters who work there 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    all I saw was the police arguing with the shop owner about something; what that something is, is unknowable by this video alone. so I didn't see "something happen". 
    So why were the police denied entry to the premises, apparently lawfully? What was the substance of the exchange between the owner and the officers? Admittedly the “citizen journalists” who are in the cafe have seemingly asked the owner (or I presume they would have quoted them). Maybe some legitimate media can get to the scene and gather some actual facts. If the police are abusing their new authorities then that’s something we should all be concerned about in my opinion.

It feels odd that I asked meltdown for some context, found a little bit of my own, which I shared (and acknowledged it’s questionable source).

Edit:  I realize the second paragraph is an incomplete thought, dinner was served (and auto-save is gone), it was going to touch on having to defend sources that are obviously questionable but are the only source of information on this story.
    your first two questions are exactly my point; we don't know, so there is no point in speculating. I don't see this as anything worth concerning myself over. the police didn't force themselves in. they were asking for access, they were denied, and they eventually left. i don't think it's being reported because nothing happened. not because the news is biased for trudeau. 
    I get what you're saying, to me police threatening to break in the door qualifies as something happened,  but maybe (definitely,  lol?) I should watch the clip later with headphones when I'm able to hear if that's audible. I wasn't trying to say it wasn't being reported because of bias, I just wanted a more trustworthy source to look into this. 
    yes, that would be something, but I didn't hear them threaten that. I couldn't hear them at all, actually. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Um...you realize this tweet is 3 years old and about Trump.....righ?....nah, you don't realize it. 
    and the self owns continue. good lord. hahaha
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    I’m not saying don’t investigate the acts of definite criminality (the arson incident, any reported assaults), but this policy of seemingly tracking down people that were dancing in the streets seems to be rooted more in vindictiveness than rule of law. Especially when the police gave people opportunities to leave peacefully.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/we-will-actively-look-to-identify-you-ottawa-police-chief-warns-departed-protesters
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    I’m not saying don’t investigate the acts of definite criminality (the arson incident, any reported assaults), but this policy of seemingly tracking down people that were dancing in the streets seems to be rooted more in vindictiveness than rule of law. Especially when the police gave people opportunities to leave peacefully.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/we-will-actively-look-to-identify-you-ottawa-police-chief-warns-departed-protesters
    it’s about the racist, misogynist, antisemite’s ego…he wants to silence his critics…He is a weak cowherd…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    So Trudeau uses the nuclear option, then puts another nuke under the table for the vote by making it a confidence motion. If that’s what he really wants, let’s give him another election, maybe first all the opposition parties can pass legislation putting the cost on the Liberal party.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-emergencies-act-vote-1.6359243

• Options
    Hopefully Michael Chong throws his hat in the ring for the CPC leadership. Every time I see him speak, he’s measured, logical, well-informed/researched and comes across as fairly moderate. Definitely would prefer him over Pierre Poilievre, as entertaining as PP can be.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Hopefully Michael Chong throws his hat in the ring for the CPC leadership. Every time I see him speak, he’s measured, logical, well-informed/researched and comes across as fairly moderate. Definitely would prefer him over Pierre Poilievre, as entertaining as PP can be.
    I like Chong. Back to old school PC would be fine with me. But that doesn't seem to be the way the party is going. 
  • Options
    Mess with the bull, sometimes you get the horns.

Ottawa convoy protest organizer Tamara Lich denied bail

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/tamara-lich-bail-convoy-february-22-1.6359925

Next up, convoy leader and white supremacist Pat King.
  • Options
    so is "let the courts decide" poster now going to switch gears to "liberal judge is a blackface stooge"?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    i'm just here for the tweets and memes.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    dignin said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/tamara-lich-bail-convoy-february-22-1.6359925

Serious question now, cause I can't find anything on it, where or how did you come to your WS conclusion and where does it state they wanted to overthrow the government?

Everything I've seen was their push to end mandates and the Vax pass.  

If I'm missing something I would like to read it..thanks

• Options
    Now that the EMA has gone to the Senate, they have the power to overturn it? 
    I'm looking for the party breakdown for the group, mostly independents, or most appointed by the PM?  
    42 independent
    16 conservative
    14 progressive
    13 cdn 
    6 non affiliated
    14 vacant

Each with various backgrounds and expertise... Its not broken down by party... Or such.
    Damn it's been to long, should have been more involved through out the years and followed more
  • Options
    Nami said:
    dignin said:

Serious question now, cause I can't find anything on it, where or how did you come to your WS conclusion and where does it state they wanted to overthrow the government?

Here is a compilation of some of the stuff he has said.

https://youtu.be/WFFSoT2QwQU
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,678
    dignin said:
    Nami said:
    dignin said:

Here is a compilation of some of the stuff he has said.

https://youtu.be/WFFSoT2QwQU
    This comes as an absolute shocker.  I whole-heartedly believed that everyone who organized this convoy were truly good and decent people. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,617
    edited February 2022
    Shocking. /s
    Fools who have been trying to deny that the stupid convoy involves racism and far-right Trumpy lunatics with shady populist intentions are either in embarrassingly deep denial, or straight up full of shit, and therefore racist far-right lunatics themselves.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Shocking. /s
    Fools who have been trying to deny that the stupid convoy involves racism and far-right Trumpy lunatics with shady populist intentions are either in embarrassingly deep denial, or straight up full of shit, and therefore racist far-right lunatics themselves.
    I have not seen this before and do disagree with him and his stance.

I guess nobody can be wrong in your book.  

I will always support free choice, right to protest and what not.  I don't agree with the last 3 weeks and how JT has handled this situation. Ive made it clear and still think it's an overreach.  I do support the need for change and saw this protest as such.  I've only seen the "flag" in the news, nothing other.

Just because I don't have all the facts at the time and willingness to learn as I go does not make me fall into racist category.  I asked about it and got it, I have not yet seen anything to this nature until Dignin posted it.

It's quite telling how you all jumped.  
  • Options
    Nami said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Shocking. /s

I will always support free choice, right to protest and what not.  I don't agree with the last 3 weeks and how JT has handled this situation. Ive made it clear and still think it's an overreach.  I do support the need for change and saw this protest as such.  I've only seen the "flag" in the news, nothing other.

Just because I don't have all the facts at the time and willingness to learn as I go does not make me fall into racist category.  I asked about it and got it, I have not yet seen anything to this nature until Dignin posted it.

In your opinion.. what about the Emergencies Act is an overreach?  I'm seeing some unconfirmed reports that folks who donated $50 or bought 'freedom convoy' shirts are having their bank accounts frozen.  I personally don't agree with that.  (I also don't agree with people donating to this cause or buying the shirt, but you already know that lol) 

Freezing assets of those who threatened violence or broke any kind of laws with relation to this demonstration makes sense to me especially foreign money and it also made sense while the border was being blocked and Ottawa was being overrun.  

It'll be interesting to see where this goes and when it ends. I personally think JT did this as a show of 'strength' after being pressured to do something by Biden. 

So I can certainly see some areas where keeping this emergencies act engaged seems pointless.  

The other side of it is as I mentioned is the Biden affect and also when you look at some, not all.. but some of the characters involved with this and the rhetoric coming from some of the protesters... they don't seem like they're willing to accept that their efforts have failed. 

If he keeps this going more than a couple more days, he or someone from his cabinet should be explaining in full detail why this is still engaged. (He may have already, I'm not sure.) 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    Nami said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Shocking. /s

I appreciate you asking for a source, looking for the truth. I just assumed Kings views were common knowledge at this point. That's my bad.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    Nami said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Shocking. /s

I appreciate you asking for a source, looking for the truth. I just assumed Kings views were common knowledge at this point. That's my bad.
    I too had no idea what a piece of hot garbage this person is. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,617
    Nami said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Shocking. /s

You're right - I'll add to that list of denial and being shit. Third option is being very uninformed about these crazies.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Nami said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Shocking. /s

You're right - I'll add to that list of denial and being shit. Third option is being very uninformed about these crazies.
    well, we can't all know everything there is to know at all times. I had never heard of this guy until now. so I obviously had no idea that he held these views. I hadn't done a deep dive, however, on any specific people in this convoy. I just knew from reports that some people were waving racist flags and signs, etc. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Trudeau to revoke use of Emergencies Act
  • Options
    dignin said:
    the reign of dictatorial terror is finally over. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com