Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,917

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,991
    Yeah being a cowherd does that too you I guess.

Questioning because if that were the case it be on CBC or CTV etc.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options

Looks like a hands across Canada convention.  
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,722
    Oh.  Well she must speak for everyone.  I'm convinced in their cause thanks to this tweet. 
  • Options
    Nami said:

I guess you require something along the lines of the truckers tying up children to the front of their trucks and ramming through the police as proof then?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Oh.  Well she must speak for everyone.  I'm convinced in their cause thanks to this tweet. 
    and "freedom" in her bio. sure, she has no narrative to push. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    my point here is this: we have people painting one group as saints and another as sinners. which is laughable. there are always assholes on both sides willing to do what it takes to further their cause; there are legitimately peaceful people on both sides willing to do anything within the confines of the law and what is acceptable in society to further their case. to believe that one side is completely evil and one side is not is just, well....dumb. 

posting random twitter opinions is also just.....dumb. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,697
    Nami said:
    Any video on this? Thanks
    cbcnews is livesteaming.. 

saw a woman with an infant in a stroller in front of a line of police.  They also reported a camper with a white picket fence around it with a stroller and they witnessed a toddler. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Parksy said:
    Nami said:

saw a woman with an infant in a stroller in front of a line of police.  They also reported a camper with a white picket fence around it with a stroller and they witnessed a toddler. 
    Watching the same thing. Definitely kids there.

But you know it's CBC, so probably staged.

I need to watch a YouTube video as definitive proof. Preferably filmed by either Russell Brand, Jordan Peterson or Ezra Levant.

• Options
    Nami said:

I guess you require something along the lines of the truckers tying up children to the front of their trucks and ramming through the police as proof then?
    Give me a break man.  Yeah that's what I want...ffs
    Your showing a pic from the ambassador's bridge, I assume, with kids holding hands.  Hasn't that been cleared, with a few stragglers, lingering behind?  

Nah I just see BS coming out from both sides, so I want to see for myself if true. Rather than something from CBC or a police twitter feed- who are against the convoy.

If true sure that's fucked up, but I have to question the source and it's ok to do so.

Like I said before, hopefully in time, everything will come out and we all can review and decide for ourselves.

• Options
    Nami said:
    Nami said:

Your showing a pic from the ambassador's bridge, I assume, with kids holding hands.  Hasn't that been cleared, with a few stragglers, lingering behind?  

Nah I just see BS coming out from both sides, so I want to see for myself if true. Rather than something from CBC or a police twitter feed- who are against the convoy.

If true sure that's fucked up, but I have to question the source and it's ok to do so.

Like I said before, hopefully in time, everything will come out and we all can review and decide for ourselves.

And there it is, can't trust live CBC.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    Parksy said:
    Nami said:

I need to watch a YouTube video as definitive proof. Preferably filmed by either Russell Brand, Jordan Peterson or Ezra Levant.

And there it is...
    Feel better?

• Options
    Nami said:
    dignin said:
    Parksy said:
    Nami said:

And there it is...
    Feel better?

I can't take anyone seriously who is questioning a live feed from CBC. 

• Options
    I got CTV and CBC going on youtube, must've missed it, timing.

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I don’t know 1 person that will get injected anymore..I guess after 3 shots didn’t work we all realize it’s time to live it..
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    these idiots are protesting against vaccine and covid mandates that have hurt small business for 2 years, yet here they are....selfishly making it worse for those same businesses. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,697
    dignin said:
    Nami said:
    Nami said:

This is the thing for me...  like I'm all for being skeptical of media... but when this thing first started I posted before about watching Global News simply walking around with a camera.  No reporting. Just walking with a camera.... same thing that a lot of people do with their phones and live stream.  People were hollering at them "Fake News!"   Like... huh?   CBC... I've said it before, sometimes they seem biased towards Trudeau, and then other times they are critical of him.  I appreciate the reporting to be honest because I'm not there personally. When they're showing me multiple angles and just live streaming... they're giving me a window into what's going on. The mother and her stroller I saw actually entered into the frame.  If I thought they were actively trying to find kids.... that would be different. 

Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    why do you keep using cannabis, knowing full well the effects are only temporary? why would anyone using dialysis go for more than 2 treatments, feeling like "if it doesn't work for the entirety of my life, fuck it, I'd rather die". 

pure idiocy. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    one of the malls had to close because protesters were harassing employees and the public. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Parksy said:
    dignin said:
    Nami said:
    Nami said:

This is the thing for me...  like I'm all for being skeptical of media... but when this thing first started I posted before about watching Global News simply walking around with a camera.  No reporting. Just walking with a camera.... same thing that a lot of people do with their phones and live stream.  People were hollering at them "Fake News!"   Like... huh?   CBC... I've said it before, sometimes they seem biased towards Trudeau, and then other times they are critical of him.  I appreciate the reporting to be honest because I'm not there personally. When they're showing me multiple angles and just live streaming... they're giving me a window into what's going on. The mother and her stroller I saw actually entered into the frame.  If I thought they were actively trying to find kids.... that would be different. 

and a livestream is a LOT different than edited footage. you just can't legitimately argue what's happening when it's right in front of you in real time. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gotta keep the fear going. In what was supposed the greatest health challenges in our time…no major investment in healthcare…Hmmmm.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    executive director of the canadian civil liberties union criticizes trudeau for using the emergencies act, but also notes that there is a notable amount of protestors that are harassing marginalized people in the area; minorities, LGBTQ, etc. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Nami said:
    I got CTV and CBC going on youtube, must've missed it, timing.

Fair enough. But both Parksy and I saw it. 

There are kids there. It's really sad.
  • Options
    I saw some kids shoveling a snow wall into place blocking wellington avenue there. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gotta keep the fear going. In what was supposed the greatest health challenges in our time…no major investment in healthcare…Hmmmm.
    "don't raise my taxes, you thieves!"
    "I want more social services!"
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,474
    I saw some kids shoveling a snow wall into place blocking wellington avenue there. 
    And grownups are digging out trucks so they can leave.

I don’t like pushing kids to the front either, and haven’t since the Tamil protesters pushed the kids to the front of the group and walked them up a highway on-ramp to block traffic there back in the 90s or early Zeros.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    And grownups are digging out trucks so they can leave.

I don’t like pushing kids to the front either, and haven’t since the Tamil protesters pushed the kids to the front of the group and walked them up a highway on-ramp to block traffic there back in the 90s or early Zeros.
    yes, they are. not sure what that has to do with the kids being used to create a barrier. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com