Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,492
    It does strike me as a bit ironic that the security situation was stable enough yesterday and last night to allow debate on the Emergencies Act, but once the police get involved the situation has deteriorated so that the emergency debate is canceled.

Yes, that may be an oversimplification, but after all the anxiety we’ve been told to feel about this protest (still no widespread violence in Ottawa or attempts to storm Parliament), I’ve devolved into seeking out any silly angles to this.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    I saw some kids shoveling a snow wall into place blocking wellington avenue there. 
    And grownups are digging out trucks so they can leave.

I don’t like pushing kids to the front either, and haven’t since the Tamil protesters pushed the kids to the front of the group and walked them up a highway on-ramp to block traffic there back in the 90s or early Zeros.
    yes, they are. not sure what that has to do with the kids being used to create a barrier. 
    I wasn’t doubting your account, or anyone else’s. As usual I just want a full, fair and accurate picture painted, and I hadn’t seen anyone reference the efforts to allow vacating of the area.

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    It does strike me as a bit ironic that the security situation was stable enough yesterday and last night to allow debate on the Emergencies Act, but once the police get involved the situation has deteriorated so that the emergency debate is canceled.

Yes, that may be an oversimplification, but after all the anxiety we’ve been told to feel about this protest (still no widespread violence in Ottawa or attempts to storm Parliament), I’ve devolved into seeking out any silly angles to this.
    My guess is one less thing for security to worry about. Focus on clearing out the occupation.

Makes sense to me.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,093
    I saw some kids shoveling a snow wall into place blocking wellington avenue there. 
    And grownups are digging out trucks so they can leave.

I don’t like pushing kids to the front either, and haven’t since the Tamil protesters pushed the kids to the front of the group and walked them up a highway on-ramp to block traffic there back in the 90s or early Zeros.
    yes, they are. not sure what that has to do with the kids being used to create a barrier. 
    I wasn’t doubting your account, or anyone else’s. As usual I just want a full, fair and accurate picture painted, and I hadn’t seen anyone reference the efforts to allow vacating of the area.
    prior to seeing the kids, they did mention on the livestream that adults were shoveling snow, but they didn't know what the intent was (to move it to allow people leaving, or to add it to a barrier-they didn't speculate beyond that)
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:

My guess is one less thing for security to worry about. Focus on clearing out the occupation.

Makes sense to me.
    And continuing my irony(?) I should have made the point that it does make sense to me to suspend the debate, although didn’t we just spend all kinds of time and effort (and money) enabling Parliament to meet virtually?

• Options
    for the most part, what I've seen, everything seems peaceful. however, it's still an illegal occupation. that can't be disputed. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    They should be investigated here..another crooked leftist organization…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    how is this relevant to canadian politics? or should we just rename this thread "meltdown's hatred of all things not in his limited world view"?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    They should be investigated here..another crooked leftist organization…
    We know how you feel about minorities.  No need to keep hammering it home. 
  • Options
    “Police are engaged in an exercise of fertility.” CBC, lol.

• Options
    Our state broadcaster at work for you...1.5 billion.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Our state broadcaster at work for you...1.5 billion.
    I fully realize the person made a Floydian (ooops, I meant Freudian, lol) slip, it was a simple mistake that live television is prone to. I’ll admit I’m still laughing at the phrasing though, lol.

• Options
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,469
    Russell Brand

hahahaha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Your comrades are getting spanked today. Better get down there to "hold the line".
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    Russell Brand

hahahaha
    Did you watch the video or simply dismiss it cause it's RB?
    Like everything else, with a grain of salt, but does making some interesting points.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    From the “what’s good for the goose is good for the gander” files. Good luck doing fundraising for political causes in Canada through Gofundme in the future.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/gitxsan-gofundme-mobile-command-fundraiser-cancellation-1.6357511

• Options
    From the “what’s good for the goose is good for the gander” files. Good luck doing fundraising for political causes in Canada through Gofundme in the future.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/gitxsan-gofundme-mobile-command-fundraiser-cancellation-1.6357511
    Isn't this cause breaking the law as well? Seems like they drew a line. 
  • Options
    They’ll have to go over to give send go 

i thought the horse intentionally trampling the disabled indigenous woman as the highlight of my weekend…it was even better when Baghdad Bob tweeted that she threw a bike at the horse, when in fact it was her walker and she did not throw it…who needs the Olympics.

it was such an uprising that they were charging people with mischief…lol.  Many protestors were held drove a few blocks away dropped off and were told not to go back, but they just went back…lol.  It was such an emergency.  Trudeau is such a fraud.  Ottawa is such a fraud city.

The ottawa police hired Baghdad Bob to tweet for them…lol

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    So glad the horse and handler put this menace in the hospital…can not have her loose, I mean she’s pretty clever with a walker…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    One guy is not a cowherd, the others are cowherds…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Professional cops don’t drop weapos…that should be properly secured.  What a farce…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options
    The RCMP shithead that trampled the indigenous lady with his horse later bragged about it on social media…of course this is the same bunch that had know problem kicking the shit out of the indigenous, just because and ripped indigenous children away from their parents to put them in residential schools…just a bunch of stooges.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    The RCMP shithead that trampled the indigenous lady with his horse later bragged about it on social media…of course this is the same bunch that had know problem kicking the shit out of the indigenous, just because and ripped indigenous children away from their parents to put them in residential schools…just a bunch of stooges.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-contributor-sara-carter-admits-to-creating-fake-story-about-canadian-woman-being-trampled?ref=scroll

The Fox News contributor and frequent Sean Hannity enlisted field reporter added that “someone was taken to a hospital with a heart condition - not due to trampling. I want to clarify this again and apologize for any confusion.”

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-contributor-sara-carter-admits-to-creating-fake-story-about-canadian-woman-being-trampled?ref=scroll

The Fox News contributor and frequent Sean Hannity enlisted field reporter added that “someone was taken to a hospital with a heart condition - not due to trampling. I want to clarify this again and apologize for any confusion.”

Haha. That's embarrassing.
  • Options
    Breaking News…Canadians storming Ottawa…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV0XoAWi_oM
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    i had to shut off the video after the third "EMERGENCY EMERGENCY" nonsense. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com