Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    dignin said:
    the reign of dictatorial terror is finally over. 
    Psh he just bowed to the pressure from the truckers...what a cowherd
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    static111 said:
    dignin said:
    THEY WIN!  They got him to invoke the act and repeal it!  That, my friend, is 4D chess. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,845
    static111 said:
    dignin said:
    haha
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    dignin said:

This just proves that PM blackface is way worse than Putin.

Im sick of hunkering down in my bomb shelter. Internet is spotty down here.

• Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

You have internet? I rely on CB and shortwave.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

unsung hooked him up. he moved up here when biden got elected. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

He also has the best weed.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

i wonder if he really did move. haven't seen him around here in a long time.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,623
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Didn't he get booted?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I never thought I would see so many Americans interested in Canadian politics…. which speaks to how sensationalized all of this is. 
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Didn't he get booted?
    nope
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    I never thought I would see so many Americans interested in Canadian politics…. which speaks to how sensationalized all of this is. 
    I'm just here for the cowherds
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,678
    dignin said:
    lol
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,831
    Health Canada approves the first made in Canada covid-19 vaccine from Medicago, another non/mRNA vaccine. Efficacy was estimated as 71% against infection and 100% against severe disease but this data is pre-omicron. Also unclear when/if it will be available in the different provinces. 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    Health Canada approves the first made in Canada covid-19 vaccine from Medicago, another non/mRNA vaccine. Efficacy was estimated as 71% against infection and 100% against severe disease but this data is pre-omicron. Also unclear when/if it will be available in the different provinces. 

This is good news, thanks for sharing.  As I was reading about it I'm not sure I want it, but I'm glad to see more options available to Canadians and hopefully this will help address some of the concerns of the hesitant,  if access isn't too onerous. 

At present I need to get back in touch with my family doctor (of 40+ years) and tell him he was wrong in his understanding of who can access the Janssen shot and push him for a full referral.  For someone who has quite low self-confidence that's a big ask, but admittedly one I need just steel myself for and do it. 

Thanks again to you (and others) for sharing good information around vaccinations,  even when I continue to express my own concerns. 
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,263

Feels like too little too late?  If I get a fourth shot some day, I hope it's been updated to be more effective against modern variants.   Seems iffy to keep using vaccines only designed for the original version of the virus?

• Options
    Zod said:

Feels like too little too late?  If I get a fourth shot some day, I hope it's been updated to be more effective against modern variants.   Seems iffy to keep using vaccines only designed for the original version of the virus?

If it helps you not die I wouldn't call that iffy.
  • Options
    Zod said:

From what I read in the CBC article this vaccine was developed against delta, not "covid classic". The numbers presented are impressive,  but we've already been there with the previous vaccines,  and I agree with your concerns.

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,831
    Zod said:

If you have already had three shots I would say that you are not the target audience for this vaccine. People who have access to and are willing to accept the mRNA vaccines should have them; this is for people who won’t or can’t take those, not just in Canada but worldwide. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,651
    It's good to read that we're back making vaccines again. We also recently started making opioids so we don't need to depend on Switzerland anymore.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Emergency Monday gone by Wednesday..Lol

several things happened

-the senate was likely going to say no (doing their job for once)
    -the bank run for some reason was not anticipated (I guess monetary policy matters)
    -internal polls showed this was the dumbest move ever

best part is this will finish Singh’s political career…the NDP have never elected a dumber leader.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options
    Agreed on the Senate, alot of opposition there from the debates I've been watching.  Same back and forth there much like parliament.

Also, not sure how accurate this members information is, but the banks/Fintrac already had the power to control/review the convoy funding.
    https://youtu.be/2OP0l2h64I4

Perhaps forcing the tow truck companies. 

Has there been any powers from the EMA they kept in place since revoking?  Something along the lines to shut down future protests and funding?

Singh's position will be viewed as him turning his back to the working class.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Nami said:
    Agreed on the Senate, alot of opposition there from the debates I've been watching.  Same back and forth there much like parliament.

Also, not sure how accurate this members information is, but the banks/Fintrac already had the power to control/review the convoy funding.

Has there been any powers from the EMA they kept in place since revoking?  Something along the lines to shut down future protests and funding?

This convoy doesn't represent the working class. 
  • Options
    Nami said:

As far as I know all special powers went away with the revocation of the EA. If this incident truly exposed issues with crowdfunding movements then it’s time for our elected representatives to study the issues and write and enact effective legislation. I haven’t heard anything about that yet, but that’s something that may spin out of whatever committees and inquiries are struck.

• Options
    My apologies, it would seem, reading this column, that some of the powers are still in effect. I’m friggin’ confused, lol.

https://apple.news/A1_7R9v8QRWu4KvC76g_GoQ

• Options
    My apologies, it would seem, reading this column, that some of the powers are still in effect. I’m friggin’ confused, lol.

https://apple.news/A1_7R9v8QRWu4KvC76g_GoQ
    Ive been looking for this thanks.  So any form of protest they deem dissenting, at this point in time, they can apply these acts.  So wrong imo.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    People are moving their money out of the banking system…the liberal are idiots.
    Give Peas A Chance…