Options

Should AMT be shut down?

Comments

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    hedonist said:

x3, at that.

I call dibs on ND and me staying in =)

Flagged!

I guess I'm a late chimer, so now I need to be flagged.
    Will I be flagged for hypocrisy too?
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

hedonist said:

We should have a flag or ban policy for lurkers and late chimers too?
    Anyone else disagree?

Why do you think that would be necessary?
    Lurkers and late chimers drop in with a dust of words.
    Far worse than an evil troll.
    If you are in a conversation be in it.
    There are some of us who have to step away and deal with real life. Sorry if our late chiming disrupts your flow. (I would add "of conversation" but I'm not certain that is what is fully occurring.) We have jobs. We have kids. We have houses that aren't self cleaning . . .

2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,690
    Actually my house is self cleaning DEP. ;)

ND, Hedo....just poured a big vodka rocks. Goes well with the debates on TV and here about nonsensical flagging. I poured some for the both of you good people.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

hedonist said:

x3, at that.

I call dibs on ND and me staying in =)

Flagged!

I guess I'm a late chimer, so now I need to be flagged.
    Will I be flagged for hypocrisy too?
    Not from here. I'd vouch for you :)

And thank you, F Me! I'll see your pour and raise you a fresh bowl.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683

rr165892 said:

i think if someone has a problem they should grow a pair and sack up ,put it out in the public.

Don't hide like puss behind the flag button.Lay it out,put it up for debate.Maybe others have a different view and can shed some light on the issue at hand.

If I take exception to something ,im a grown ass man,I will come to the person who I have issue with not the Mods.I would expect the same if I caused someone to question my motives.

People acting spineless does no one any good and just puts a stop to the free flow of discussion we all enjoy.And I'm sure Kat and Sea have much better things to do then babysit crying adults.

Exactly.
    Your statement here negates your argument above. Why make an argument then refute it yourself a few posts later? What would be the point in that?
    I only read the part about mods babysitting crying adults before I posted.
    So you are openly stating that you are entering into discussions without fully reading a post, and therefore not giving a voice to another poster? That is very bad form sir. The core of AMT is supposed to be a place for open debate, and there can be no open debate without full knowledge.
    No.
    Over time you tend to listen to some part of what people say and not others.
    That actually explains a lot, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    deadendp said:

hedonist said:

Anyone else disagree?

There are some of us who have to step away and deal with real life. Sorry if our late chiming disrupts your flow. (I would add "of conversation" but I'm not certain that is what is fully occurring.) We have jobs. We have kids. We have houses that aren't self cleaning . . .

:nuh_uh: with such sensibility.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,190
    SD48277 said:

Anyone else disagree?

Yes, I disagree.
    i disagree too.

it is not forced participation here.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    what two threads got merged?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options

The free benny vinyl to the first 3posters and free 10c tix for life thread.
  • Options

it was a serious question.

• Options
    gimme, it was a thread poking fun at this one. I don't know if it's buried somewhere in this one but seems the responses are.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

gimme, it was a thread poking fun at this one. I don't know if it's buried somewhere in this one but seems the responses are.

thanks for the quick explanation. i wonder who might have started a thread mocking another one.

• Options
    someone should have flagged the mock thread.

just to prove a point.

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

hedonist said:

thanks for the quick explanation. i wonder who might have started a thread mocking another one.
    PM sent.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    Flag Mock...
    Flag Troll ...
    Flag Mock...
    Flag Troll....
    Serious Serious Serious

• Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    Is it raining or has somebody just begun to wash my house?
  • Options
    Perhaps with a pressure hose =)
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,802
    Nothing like a shiny clean train! Whoo hoo! I mean ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvanhCQ9jho
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Well this has gone in a strange direction since I went to bed...
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,044

A Jan of 14 member number? Fuck those seats.

Oh wait. This must be the secondary account.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Should change the title to "A moving train wreck"...
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,011
    edited October 2015
    I've avoided the train since the "Imagine that...I'm still anti-war" thread.
    Drama for drama's sake is so overrated.
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,044
    As with most "freedom" it comes with responsibility.

As in just because you CAN be dick doesn't mean you SHOULD be a dick.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mickeyrat said:

As with most "freedom" it comes with responsibility.

As in just because you CAN be dick doesn't mean you SHOULD be a dick.

http://youtu.be/gj4XvLlWxjk
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    I prefer "Richard"...
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I prefer "Richard"...

Great album.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,911

hedonist said:

Anyone else disagree?

I often lurk and make no comment at all, because it's a topic I am ignorant of and read solely to learn about it. I'll make a comment later sometimes if I feel I am up to speed and have formed an intelligent opinion.

why would you consider that worse than trolling?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,802

hedonist said:

Anyone else disagree?

I often lurk and make no comment at all, because it's a topic I am ignorant of and read solely to learn about it. I'll make a comment later sometimes if I feel I am up to speed and have formed an intelligent opinion.

Trolling is far worse than, lurking or just throwing a quick comment out and those who do it know it. It's part of the twisted game. Even worse is bating someone to a point where someone gets banned because they get sick and tired of the bated. Been there and that person knows it. So I'll say it again, don't feed the trolls and don't get sucked into the sick games some people play. It's they who are weak and probably have a low self esteem.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    brianlux said:

hedonist said:

Anyone else disagree?

Trolling is far worse than, lurking or just throwing a quick comment out and those who do it know it. It's part of the twisted game. Even worse is bating someone to a point where someone gets banned because they get sick and tired of the bated. Been there and that person knows it. So I'll say it again, don't feed the trolls and don't get sucked into the sick games some people play. It's they who are weak and probably have a low self esteem.
    Completely agree with you, Brian. And Hugh as well. I am definitely more of a lurker than a poster these days. I read every post on AMT. I'm here daily. But I only rarely chime in these days. Anyway, there are a number of reasons why I might not post in a thread, or be a late-chimer (will this make it into the dictionary next year?). 1. I may not feel like I know enough about the topic. 2. Others may have already made the points I would have. 3. Based on #1 I may need time to read other sources to formulate an opinion, and come into a thread late. 4. I don't feel like getting into an Internet squabble that day.

I am relatively harmless with my late-chiming, or my occasional posting. I think trolling is much more insidious. The troll can hide behind tiny pieces of relevancy in posts, but the motivation often appears to be something more personal with them. Baiting, blathering nonsense that doesn't parse, goading others into their game. I hope they do it strictly for the sport, and not due to some underlying personality disorder. If it is for sport, I just hope the thrill of victory is more rewarding to them than meaningful social interaction.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    edited October 2015

hedonist said:

Anyone else disagree?

Given that the person criticising latecomers already admitted to commenting on a post without even bothering to read it properly, I would find it a little hard to take their concerns seriously
    Post edited by jnimhaoileoin on
This discussion has been closed.