Options

Should AMT be shut down?

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,802
    TalonTedd said:

badbrains said:

Am I allowed to laugh or is that offensive? Or is that considered an insult, to laugh at someone's post?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYJQhbgHErk
    bb, we miss you!!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    edited October 2015

I only started frequenting AMT recently and I love having a place to talk about the kind of things that I don't otherwise get a chance to discuss as I don't know anyone who gives a crap. I personally don't fear being banned or censored as I'm so averse to confrontation that I'm unlikely to ever get mad enough to say anything deserving of such punishment :)

I do agree with SD though that it often seems that trolls get away with a lot simply because they manage to portray themselves as innocent victims, while those they succeed in baiting are punished when they reach breaking point. I think more could be done to rein in these people who are simply trying to cause trouble

I do agree with this. I find that the more skilled trolls get away with way too much while thise who actually contribute something worthwhile but are "more emotional" than some others are more likely to get banned.... Really I just don't like lifetime bans. I feel like all bans should have an expiration date, while having no limit on how many times someone gets banned for whatever stretch if time.

All that said, i have been finding the recent trend of (feigned?) incredulity about getting banned from those who seem to be putting directed effort into getting banned fairly weird and amusing. They go out of their way to say things they know will get them banned, and then act offended when it finally works. I'm not sure I get that.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    hedonist said:

Hope this isn't too late to be considered a late chimer but I still think it shouldn't be shutdown.
    AMT is a great sounding board while discussing real issues like your favourite colour, food or movie in other threads.
    It's a nice place to dump unimportant thoughts and feelings.

Nice place to take a dump too, apparently.

Please keep your litter clean.

Is somebody leaving their waist here?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Hope this isn't too late to be considered a late chimer but I still think it shouldn't be shutdown.
    AMT is a great sounding board while discussing real issues like your favourite colour, food or movie in other threads.

OP
    You may be onto something.
    AMT should be shutdown.

??
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

OP
    You may be onto something.
    AMT should be shutdown.

??
    Maybe I meant this thread should be locked.
    Your question is valid.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,776
    edited October 2015
    Or maybe some forum accounts should be locked. Stop it now.

Some posts have been removed. This thread may be reopened in the morning but if this stuff continues on other threads, someone may be read-only.
    Admin
    Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.