Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Alright, no normal. I get that. No one is, really.

Would be nice though if posts like the above weren't then laughed off when met with genuine response.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,028
    And would be nice if every post was not met with so much criticism. Fine. Good evening.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited August 2016
    brianlux said:

What do you all make of this?!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqbDBRWb63s

I think this is pretty :lol: in a comedic way.

She has a blood clot!
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,514
    brianlux said:

Not me, man, I am ALWAYS fucking normal, ALWAYS! ALWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

I think everybody is acting weird, because the balance of AMT has been thrown off.... .by Pjfan's absence. That's my theory.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Where did Pjfan go? To Fenway?
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,514
    I have no idea. Does anyone else know?
  • Options
    brianlux said:

And would be nice if every post was not met with so much criticism. Fine. Good evening.

Not every post (really?), and not critical though I get you and some may take it that way.

Questioning, responding.

Who hasn't done that here? That's what this place is about.

Damn, comments are viewed this way now. Only when not in line or in general?

I don't think I came off as disrespectful. Tried to be as honest as you and others here.

Fine indeed. We can both keep on keeping on.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,873
    Good article today in Bloomberg. The focus of it was the shifting of white college educated women towards Democrats. This is a constituency that was historically very close, but Clinton has opened a 19 point lead with them. This is obviously because of Trump and the "Alt-right" movement that has taken over the GOP. This movement will be the death of the GOP as it has been known since the 80's. The second punchline is this, focused on a center-left alliance: http://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-08-08/without-educated-white-women-republicans-are-doomed

It's possible that the end result of this may be a decidedly Clinton-esque pro-establishment Democratic Party anchored by African-American and Hispanic voters, well-educated suburban whites, and 21st-century business interests. Working-class white males, intellectual conservatives and anti-establishment liberals would find themselves shut out of the political process.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Good article today in Bloomberg. The focus of it was the shifting of white college educated women towards Democrats. This is a constituency that was historically very close, but Clinton has opened a 19 point lead with them. This is obviously because of Trump and the "Alt-right" movement that has taken over the GOP. This movement will be the death of the GOP as it has been known since the 80's. The second punchline is this, focused on a center-left alliance: http://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-08-08/without-educated-white-women-republicans-are-doomed

It's possible that the end result of this may be a decidedly Clinton-esque pro-establishment Democratic Party anchored by African-American and Hispanic voters, well-educated suburban whites, and 21st-century business interests. Working-class white males, intellectual conservatives and anti-establishment liberals would find themselves shut out of the political process.

Why is this highlighted? Is this the goal- to shut certain groups out of the political process?

Interesting also how this article illustrates how business oriented the Clinton campaign is. Not environmental. Not social justice. Business. But we knew that.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

Why is this highlighted? Is this the goal- to shut certain groups out of the political process?

Interesting also how this article illustrates how business oriented the Clinton campaign is. Not environmental. Not social justice. Business. But we knew that.

It's not the goal, but it's a message that the uber-left should take to heart. The alt-right could be so divisive, that the far left is no longer needed to win elections and govern. Refusing to compromise or recognizing wins (such as Bernie policies being added to the platform) could result in no victories in the future.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

It's not the goal, but it's a message that the uber-left should take to heart. The alt-right could be so divisive, that the far left is no longer needed to win elections and govern. Refusing to compromise or recognizing wins (such as Bernie policies being added to the platform) could result in no victories in the future.
    uber-
    ˈo͞obər/
    combining form
    prefix: uber-; prefix: über-

denoting an outstanding or supreme example of a particular kind of person or thing.

Sure, why not! :smiley:

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Russian Oligarch "I give Bill 100 million for speech and your state department okays boat loads of enriched uranium gratis
    Hillary "Now you finally fukin get it. Wire it ASAP u dumb Cossack fuck."
  • Options
    rssesq said:

Russian Oligarch "I give Bill 100 million for speech and your state department okays boat loads of enriched uranium gratis
    Hillary "Now you finally fukin get it. Wire it ASAP u dumb Cossack fuck."

Your posts would be better if you understood the inherent controls between the different cabinet posts necessary to approve uranium sales. The reality is that the Obama administration misplayed their Russian hand, thinking Medvedev was actually the president and not a puppet. The 'reset' blew up in their face, of that there is no doubt.
  • Options
    that sounds a lot like the federal reserves reasoning for why the american people need to pay a vigg on every dollar the fed (a private company) prints for us(a) sheeple.
    "you just wouldn't understand" says Ms. Yellen
  • Options
    rssesq said:

that sounds a lot like the federal reserves reasoning for why the american people need to pay a vigg on every dollar the fed (a private company) prints for us(a) sheeple.
    "you just wouldn't understand" says Ms. Yellen

Are you familiar with the term 'non-sequitur'?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    Hillary is reverting to her turtling strategy ... the same one that let Bernie come from out of no where ... only one speech scheduled for the next several months. All her stops are for fund raising or the debates.

https://hillaryspeeches.com/scheduled-events/
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    Jason P said:

Hillary is reverting to her turtling strategy ... the same one that let Bernie come from out of no where ... only one speech scheduled for the next several months. All her stops are for fund raising or the debates.

As a strategy it's smart to get out of the way of Trump as he continues to hang himself in public.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

That's because the scheduling is done in a more fluid way. You don't schedule these far in advance.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,163
    hedonist said:

I believe someone mentioned how she (and most in her position) have their health checked on a regular basis.

That "serious health issues" are being raised strikes me as grasping at straws.

Same could be said for Bernie's fervor plus his age and actions.

"Heart attack coming!"

Every fucking candidate has looked and acted strange at times.

Fuck, so have I.

So silly, really, and I just don't see the point of perpetuating something you, or no one else close to her, have any idea about.

Would you want that done to you? I wouldn't,..not without valid cause, and surely not out of random speculation from strangers based on so-called reports.

Goose, gander. Can't we go by that?

the left talked quite a bit about how concering it was if John McCain were elected president at his age, leaving Palin as the Prez. a little bit o' fear mongering has been done on both sides.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    She'll be down the road in Greenwich. If you got $33,000 you can have dinner with her at Ellen Schapps Richman's estate.
    http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Hillary-Clinton-to-scoop-up-campaign-cash-in-9131238.php

Hill was down the street from that estate less than a year ago cleaning up at $30,000 a plate to dine at HEDGE FUND MANAGER Cliff "the barbarian" Robbins' palace. Real 1980's type wall street scum.
    http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Hillary-Clinton-plots-course-for-Greenwich-6478774.php

"We were broke!" lmao

Jason P said:Hillary is reverting to her turtling strategy ... the same one that let Bernie come from out of no where ... only one speech scheduled for the next several months. All her stops are for fund raising or the debates.

• Options

hedonist said:

I believe someone mentioned how she (and most in her position) have their health checked on a regular basis.

"Heart attack coming!"

Fuck, so have I.

So silly, really, and I just don't see the point of perpetuating something you, or no one else close to her, have any idea about.

Would you want that done to you? I wouldn't,..not without valid cause, and surely not out of random speculation from strangers based on so-called reports.

the left talked quite a bit about how concering it was if John McCain were elected president at his age, leaving Palin as the Prez. a little bit o' fear mongering has been done on both sides.
    Absolutely - double standards too.

(as always!)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    hedonist said:

hedonist said:

"Heart attack coming!"

Fuck, so have I.

(as always!)
    Well I wouldn't go that far with this particular example. I don't think it was really McCain's age that was the driving factor. It was the possibility of Palin becoming president for ANY reason, whether McCain died of a heart attack, cancer, an assassination, or a car wreck. It's just that when someone is in their 70s (or at Hillary's age, for that matter), something like a heart attack or an illness that kills them is more likely that anything else. But yeah, in the end, that wasn't anti-McCain talk. That was anti-Palin talk. And come on, we can at least all agree that Sarah Palin wasn't fit for the position.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

hedonist said:

"Heart attack coming!"

Fuck, so have I.

(as always!)
    Well I wouldn't go that far with this particular example. I don't think it was really McCain's age that was the driving factor. It was the possibility of Palin becoming president for ANY reason, whether McCain died of a heart attack, cancer, an assassination, or a car wreck. It's just that when someone is in their 70s (or at Hillary's age, for that matter), something like a heart attack or an illness that kills them is more likely that anything else. But yeah, in the end, that wasn't anti-McCain talk. That was anti-Palin talk. And come on, we can at least all agree that Sarah Palin wasn't fit for the position.
    Not a Palin cheerleader.

But as to McCain - I don't know...I recall hearing "old white man" fairly often during that time. Seems like the same tactics are used now (not necessarily the specific descriptors, but the fact that they're employed as a so-called criticism to begin with). Sort of like if you didn't support Obama, you were a racist.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

hedonist said:

"Heart attack coming!"

Fuck, so have I.

(as always!)
    Not a Palin cheerleader.

But as to McCain - I don't know...I recall hearing "old white man" fairly often during that time. Seems like the same tactics are used now (not necessarily the specific descriptors, but the fact that they're employed as a so-called criticism to begin with). Sort of like if you didn't support Obama, you were a racist.
    There is some irony to those statements for sure, and as a 40 year old white guy, it annoys me. There was a story that just came out of the Green Party convention, where the first delegate, who is white, was booed and called "the Great White Hope, huh?" by someone else. I do sometimes worry that we are oversteering in the quest to be so racially sensitive, that we become intolerant again.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-green-party-is-a-joke_us_57a8c341e4b0aae2a5a0a464
  • Options
    see 3:30: "and with all the these investigations, why would I ever want to use Email?" her favorite Hollywood story tellers couldn't even make this shit up. lmao
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QApICxqiZcw
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

hedonist said:

"Heart attack coming!"

Fuck, so have I.

(as always!)
    Not a Palin cheerleader.

I agree, I don't like the ageism at all. I do think the McCain stuff was 100% fueled by Palin rather than actually by real concern about McCain's age, but it sure was expressed that way, plus the very young and fit Obama was there as a stark comparison. At least that makes a bit of sense. But now, it's all just so silly and illogical. People were making a big deal about Bernie's age and he's only 4 years older than Trump, and now people are saying Hillary has Parkinson's or will drop dead of a stroke (you can tell just by looking at her, didn't you know??), and she's the youngest out of the bunch. It's all completely illogical on the part of the Trump supporters saying this stuff in an attempt to... what? I guess convince people not to vote for her?? To vote Trump instead?. Hey you guys, Trump is 70 years old and a complete spaz who turns red every time he gets excited. Don't throw stones in glass houses, you know?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    All Hillary has to do is coast. Trump doesn't want the job and is doing everything possible to dump his chances. It's a laugh.

• Options
    brianlux said:

All Hillary has to do is coast. Trump doesn't want the job and is doing everything possible to dump his chances. It's a laugh.

Yeah, every day I feel a little more like Trump is sabotaging himself because he doesn't want it and for some reason let it all go way to far, kind of like little kids sometimes do when they're caught in a lie. I used to pretty much be joking when I floated this theory, but now.... I think I'm mostly not joking.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,197
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

Yeah, every day I feel a little more like Trump is sabotaging himself because he doesn't want it and for some reason let it all go way to far, kind of like little kids sometimes do when they're caught in a lie. I used to pretty much be joking when I floated this theory, but now.... I think I'm mostly not joking.
    I've discounted this theory up until now. There really isn't any other explanation for someone running such a horrible campaign. It just seems like his ego is too big to run his name through the mud.

Unless he comes out after the election and claims victory for destroying the GOP.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

I've discounted this theory up until now. There really isn't any other explanation for someone running such a horrible campaign. It just seems like his ego is too big to run his name through the mud.

Unless he comes out after the election and claims victory for destroying the GOP.
    Yet he and Clinton are the both polling extremely high in the unfavorable department. The two worst candidates of our time. Amazing isn't it.
This discussion has been closed.