Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,066
    Free said:

If someone tells you she says "we are" then I could see where you might here that...obviously whoever posted the video had that intention

Read her lips...."aren't"

She said "are". why else would I post this? :lol:

And look at her supporters... They applaud any away, meaning they don't even listen to what she says.
    She said aren't. Listen for it.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,838
    Free said:

brianlux said:

Hey all, be sure to visit the "Will you people get SERIOUS here for a second!! :-(" thread.

It's go-o-o-o-o-d for ya! :smiley:

Not seeing that thread Brian. :lol:
    It's over yonder in the All Encompassing Trippy forum!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,838
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

If someone tells you she says "we are" then I could see where you might here that...obviously whoever posted the video had that intention

Read her lips...."aren't"

She said "are". why else would I post this? :lol:

And look at her supporters... They applaud any away, meaning they don't even listen to what she says.
    I'm not sure what point you're trying to make though. Even if she did say "are", that isn't her actual platform, it was a verbal mistake, so who cares? I agree it's weird that the crowd applauds, as I mentioned, but it's not like they were applauding for raising taxes for the middle class. They are applauding either because they just assumed she meant "are" (which she did), or because they are confused and just did the norm (it does sound like confused applause), or because they weren't even really listening, haha. In any case, did you post it because you thought it was funny that it sounds like she says raise taxes for the middle class?
    It was funny. Lighten up.
    What, are you fuckin' serious? Okay, NOW I'm laughing, that you said that!! :lol:
    Everybody say, "Fuck yeah".

Fuck yeah!!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,222
    g under p said:
    i for one would welcome this appointment.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,497
    edited August 2016
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,738
    polaris_x said:

benjs said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

the economy and all its metrics is the biggest fraud out there ... everything is based on "growth" ... the sky is falling if we don't have growth ... we have corporations that make decisions based on shareholder or stock value ... the concept of sustainability is lost on everyone ... and I'm not even just talking about the environment ... the antiquated conditions by which decisions are made do not translate as an indicator of the "health" of a nation ...

how someone can use the unemployment rate as a measure of how "great" everything is just shows how irrational the thinking is ... those stats are manipulated into making people feel like everything is ok ... when everything points to utter failure ...

To Benjs's point, unemployment is not the only factor, but it is a key KPI for sure. What else would you use? I'm fairly certain you can come up with precious few that aren't being evaluated already today. If you can, well then you ought to head right over to the Fed or CBO and get a job.
    let's go back to my farm example ... say you lived on a farm with a commune of people ... and that farm had to sustain you and everyone else in perpetuity ... what metrics would you use? ... YOY growth!? ... maximum yield? ... that wouldn't make any sense ...
    I believe in comparing absolute results to theoretically potential results, and thus judging and enhancing the efficiency of your processes.

I would make sure that the farm is short-term economically viable: i.e. are my crops (either immediately harvested or reserved/preserved surplus from previous harvests) producing economically sustainable situations for me in the year I depend on my land? I would say that this is my survival metric: do I generate enough profit to live off of my work? With an agrarian lifestyle this might be easy to measure, but of course given that every city costs a different amount to live in, food prices vary greatly, house prices vary greatly, extravagance of life varies greatly, you'd have to first define your cost of living, define what a reasonable cost of living is for your region, and then your KPI might be (Cost of living) to (Earnings) ratio. If the per capita ratio is below what is deemed 'short-term sustainable' for the region, this would be a net-negative short-term economic scenario.

I would make sure that the farm is not wasted in the short-term, and yes, if the theoretical yield limits of my crops are greater than my realized yields, I would make sure that I am attempting to drive the realized yield towards that theoretical yield limit (so long as that trend does not conflict with the soil's ability to regenerate its nutrients). So, soil should either be regenerating nutrients or used for high-efficiency production. You have two KPIs here, and the optimal mix would depend on your rates, but the first is resource regeneration rate (the resource being nutrients in your soil - containing energy to create economic product), and your second is resource consumption rate (the actual conversion from energy to economic product). Of course, a good rule of thumb would be that your resource regeneration rate should, at the very least, equal your resource consumption rate on a short-term basis, in order to serve the short-term sustainability check.

I would also make sure that the farm is long-term viable: i.e. does my current production rate of my farm maintain nutrient-rich soil, or is my (resource regeneration) to (resource consumption) rate trending down when investigated over longer timespans? This is harder to isolate the causality relationships, and there are certainly unrelated variables contributing to the nutrient levels, but ultimately, it's the whole that matters - not one variable. So my KPI would be overall resource reproduction vitality.

I should say that while responsible resource extraction is vital for agriculture production or any resource-finite industry, our economies are more than that: we possess other industries based on infinite resources - knowledge, creativity, vanity, human services. My point is that our economic KPIs are multiple other KPIs summed together. We should absolutely be concerned with our overall finite resource reproduction vitality, as these resources are fundamentally necessary for life. We should also be concerned with our overall infinite resource industries, as they can often introduce new, positive variables into our finite resource reproduction. Injecting research and development funds into these critical non- or semi-renewable realms will help drive our future, but a holistic view recognizing the value of short-term economic growth - necessary for ideating in innovative ways - will help us pave the way too. I think for most, the Green Party platform represents a great deal of care and concern for environmental sustainability (resource protection), and not enough attention to economic sustainability (initiatives not directly related to resource production/consumption). The Democratic and Republican parties, unfortunately, are greatly skewed towards economic sustainability, and less so with regards to environmental sustainability.

Does any of this make sense or is my latest batch too good for conversations like this?
    Yes except economic sustainability IS tied to environmental sustainability ... your rational is correct however that is not the rationale being applied to our so called economy ... our current economy rewards short term exploitation rather than long term sustainability ... both economic and environmental ...

apple posted record profits last year and the stock went down because it didn't meet analysts forecasts ... how fucked is that? ... imagine a world where the value of the stock was tied into a company's ability to pay fair wages; maintain a long term viable economic model; contributes to the community at large; etc?
    I'd like to jump on this one..

1. The price for Apple has their forecasted profit priced into the stock valuation. So when a company does not meet its forecast, or the analyst forecast, then it's going to take a hit. It's that simple. That's not fucked up, that is a basic market tenet, you buy the rumor, sell the news. If you are buying a stock based on its latest earnings, you missed the boat.

2. There are indecies for precisely what you are seeking. They are called SRIs.. Or socially responsible indecies. The managers of these funds only invest in companies that have strong employee relationships, commitment to renewable energy, etc. They have tracked closely to the S&P average over the past 20 years.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

benjs said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

the economy and all its metrics is the biggest fraud out there ... everything is based on "growth" ... the sky is falling if we don't have growth ... we have corporations that make decisions based on shareholder or stock value ... the concept of sustainability is lost on everyone ... and I'm not even just talking about the environment ... the antiquated conditions by which decisions are made do not translate as an indicator of the "health" of a nation ...

how someone can use the unemployment rate as a measure of how "great" everything is just shows how irrational the thinking is ... those stats are manipulated into making people feel like everything is ok ... when everything points to utter failure ...

To Benjs's point, unemployment is not the only factor, but it is a key KPI for sure. What else would you use? I'm fairly certain you can come up with precious few that aren't being evaluated already today. If you can, well then you ought to head right over to the Fed or CBO and get a job.
    let's go back to my farm example ... say you lived on a farm with a commune of people ... and that farm had to sustain you and everyone else in perpetuity ... what metrics would you use? ... YOY growth!? ... maximum yield? ... that wouldn't make any sense ...
    I believe in comparing absolute results to theoretically potential results, and thus judging and enhancing the efficiency of your processes.

I would make sure that the farm is short-term economically viable: i.e. are my crops (either immediately harvested or reserved/preserved surplus from previous harvests) producing economically sustainable situations for me in the year I depend on my land? I would say that this is my survival metric: do I generate enough profit to live off of my work? With an agrarian lifestyle this might be easy to measure, but of course given that every city costs a different amount to live in, food prices vary greatly, house prices vary greatly, extravagance of life varies greatly, you'd have to first define your cost of living, define what a reasonable cost of living is for your region, and then your KPI might be (Cost of living) to (Earnings) ratio. If the per capita ratio is below what is deemed 'short-term sustainable' for the region, this would be a net-negative short-term economic scenario.

I would make sure that the farm is not wasted in the short-term, and yes, if the theoretical yield limits of my crops are greater than my realized yields, I would make sure that I am attempting to drive the realized yield towards that theoretical yield limit (so long as that trend does not conflict with the soil's ability to regenerate its nutrients). So, soil should either be regenerating nutrients or used for high-efficiency production. You have two KPIs here, and the optimal mix would depend on your rates, but the first is resource regeneration rate (the resource being nutrients in your soil - containing energy to create economic product), and your second is resource consumption rate (the actual conversion from energy to economic product). Of course, a good rule of thumb would be that your resource regeneration rate should, at the very least, equal your resource consumption rate on a short-term basis, in order to serve the short-term sustainability check.

I would also make sure that the farm is long-term viable: i.e. does my current production rate of my farm maintain nutrient-rich soil, or is my (resource regeneration) to (resource consumption) rate trending down when investigated over longer timespans? This is harder to isolate the causality relationships, and there are certainly unrelated variables contributing to the nutrient levels, but ultimately, it's the whole that matters - not one variable. So my KPI would be overall resource reproduction vitality.

I should say that while responsible resource extraction is vital for agriculture production or any resource-finite industry, our economies are more than that: we possess other industries based on infinite resources - knowledge, creativity, vanity, human services. My point is that our economic KPIs are multiple other KPIs summed together. We should absolutely be concerned with our overall finite resource reproduction vitality, as these resources are fundamentally necessary for life. We should also be concerned with our overall infinite resource industries, as they can often introduce new, positive variables into our finite resource reproduction. Injecting research and development funds into these critical non- or semi-renewable realms will help drive our future, but a holistic view recognizing the value of short-term economic growth - necessary for ideating in innovative ways - will help us pave the way too. I think for most, the Green Party platform represents a great deal of care and concern for environmental sustainability (resource protection), and not enough attention to economic sustainability (initiatives not directly related to resource production/consumption). The Democratic and Republican parties, unfortunately, are greatly skewed towards economic sustainability, and less so with regards to environmental sustainability.

Does any of this make sense or is my latest batch too good for conversations like this?
    Yes except economic sustainability IS tied to environmental sustainability ... your rational is correct however that is not the rationale being applied to our so called economy ... our current economy rewards short term exploitation rather than long term sustainability ... both economic and environmental ...

apple posted record profits last year and the stock went down because it didn't meet analysts forecasts ... how fucked is that? ... imagine a world where the value of the stock was tied into a company's ability to pay fair wages; maintain a long term viable economic model; contributes to the community at large; etc?

1. The price for Apple has their forecasted profit priced into the stock valuation. So when a company does not meet its forecast, or the analyst forecast, then it's going to take a hit. It's that simple. That's not fucked up, that is a basic market tenet, you buy the rumor, sell the news. If you are buying a stock based on its latest earnings, you missed the boat.

2. There are indecies for precisely what you are seeking. They are called SRIs.. Or socially responsible indecies. The managers of these funds only invest in companies that have strong employee relationships, commitment to renewable energy, etc. They have tracked closely to the S&P average over the past 20 years.
    1. So, analysts set a forecasted profit margin and the stock price is set for that ... so, corporations are beholden to meet those margins ... so, what do they do in order to try and meet them? ... they cut costs (could be labour, could be screwing over partners, could be using cheaper materials, could be sourcing from suspect suppliers) ... think about it for a second ... nowhere in that stock price is the consideration of protecting our natural resources, ensuring fair wages, ensuring human rights ... it is indeed fucked up ... the system is extremely fucked up ...

2. I know about these ... they are a joke ... they represent a nano fraction of the investment community and even that - most of these funds are laden with unsustainable companies ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

benjs said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

1. So, analysts set a forecasted profit margin and the stock price is set for that ... so, corporations are beholden to meet those margins ... so, what do they do in order to try and meet them? ... they cut costs (could be labour, could be screwing over partners, could be using cheaper materials, could be sourcing from suspect suppliers) ... think about it for a second ... nowhere in that stock price is the consideration of protecting our natural resources, ensuring fair wages, ensuring human rights ... it is indeed fucked up ... the system is extremely fucked up ...

2. I know about these ... they are a joke ... they represent a nano fraction of the investment community and even that - most of these funds are laden with unsustainable companies ...
    That's an interesting paradox. You want there to be some valuation for social responsibility, but you deride those companies that try to achieve that as unsustainable.

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Interesting....

Prominent Clinton Researcher Author Victor Thorn found dead of apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound

note–at this point the info is scant, but the ‘official’ story is that Victor apparently took his own life.

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,627
    Free said:

Interesting....

Prominent Clinton Researcher Author Victor Thorn found dead of apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound

note–at this point the info is scant, but the ‘official’ story is that Victor apparently took his own life.

https://www.amazon.com/Holocaust-Hoax-Exposed-Victor-Thorn/dp/1467506389
  • Options

Free said:

Interesting....

The world has lost one of the great whistle blowers. So sad.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,627
    edited August 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Interesting....

The world has lost one of the great whistle blowers. So sad.
    Ha indeed. I googled the guy's name and it was a bunch of conspiracy websites then that book
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

That's an interesting paradox. You want there to be some valuation for social responsibility, but you deride those companies that try to achieve that as unsustainable.

it's not a paradox whatsoever ... do you own any of these funds!? ... do a semi-deep dive and look at the companies ...

ultimately, it's not about these funds or any other ... it's about an economic and societal system that factors in externalities that currently are not factored into the equation ... you can't operate within a model that is both dependent on our natural resources but not yet factor in the preservation of those resources ... right now - we are supposed to believe that things are great if an oil company can produce as much oil as possible for as little as possible ... nothing in that valuation considers the impacts of pollution, global warming, destroyed ecosystems or the like ... how is that a good model?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,587

Free said:

Interesting....

Want a good read???

Check out the 5 Star reviews

Lots of hateful idiots out there who also believe it didn't happen
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    Free said:

Interesting....

A shit load of people with close ties to the Clintons and their respective operations turning up dead. All coincidences, right? I've never paid to much attention to these because that's when you really start to appear like a conspiracy nut, however the recent deaths of that DNC data guy and now this guy are very troubling
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,716
    edited August 2016
    tonifig8 said:

Free said:

Interesting....

A shit load of people with close ties to the Clintons and their respective operations turning up dead. All coincidences, right? I've never paid to much attention to these because that's when you really start to appear like a conspiracy nut, however the recent deaths of that DNC data guy and now this guy are very troubling
    So that's two people, which does not arouse suspicion. Who else composes this shit load of dead people? I am not aware of any but haven't been paying attention to who's died. Your comment is intriguing though. What information are you finding troubling?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    tonifig8 said:

Free said:

Interesting....

Yeah, I'm not a conspiracy nut, just thought it was interesting the guy is dead by suicide. I heard it's the 3rd death in a week or something like that.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,965
    tonifig8 said:

Free said:

Interesting....

Typically, with any pieces of legitimate news, you would see some legitimate news sites listed, instead of nearly plain-text conspiracy-leaning news sites such as: American Free Press, Citizens for Legitimate Government, govtslave.info, theuglytruth.wordpress.com. Or it could be Victor Thorn's 2012 book, The Holocaust Hoax Exposed. Yes - you really are starting to appear like a conspiracy nut when that's what a search for Victor Thorn yields on Google's first page of results.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:
    This seems to be a slip of the tongue (but not a Freudian slip). Her plan includes tax cuts for the middle class. From her own website: "Hillary is proposing middle-class tax breaks to help families cope with the rising cost of everyday expenses, like child care and education- and she’s announced new tax credits to help families caring for an ill or aging family member. She’ll pay for them by raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans and closing loopholes in our tax code."
    I'm pretty sure someone fucked up her teleprompter notes, ahahaha, or she just brain-farted while speaking. Embarrassing, but not a big deal, though she should perhaps publicly correct herself for good measure. What is somewhat unsettling is that people in the audience applauded her fuck up, lol. You can see a little confusion on their faces, but they still clap, including Warren Buffet. It's like they weren't really listening very closely or something. Crowds need to stop being a mob. Mob mentality makes everyone dumb.
    She clearly says "We AREN'T"....come on
    Meet the Press daily is reporting that the Trump campaign put out the video knowing that she said "aren't"

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    benjs said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

Interesting....

Typically, with any pieces of legitimate news, you would see some legitimate news sites listed, instead of nearly plain-text conspiracy-leaning news sites such as: American Free Press, Citizens for Legitimate Government, govtslave.info, theuglytruth.wordpress.com. Or it could be Victor Thorn's 2012 book, The Holocaust Hoax Exposed. Yes - you really are starting to appear like a conspiracy nut when that's what a search for Victor Thorn yields on Google's first page of results.
    Personally I haven't researched any of them. I saw free's post and it reminded me of the various articles I've seen throughout the months. I'd say I've seen about 6 or 7. Most of the time it was something that would turn up on a feed. The last one I saw was the DNC data guy who was out for a jog. He was shot at gun point. None of his belongings were taken. The police are offering a reward for info leading to an arrest.

Young guy with a lot of access to DNC data. I guess the conspiracy is that he leaked the info? Not exactly sure. I'll have to pull some articles. On the surface it does appear sketchy. Shot in the head while out for a jog in a Safe neighborhood. Weird that someone would want this nerd dead.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    So without any evidence at all people are suspecting the DNC of murdering their own because he might have leaked info? What is this, House of Cards?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

benjs said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

Interesting....

Personally I haven't researched any of them. I saw free's post and it reminded me of the various articles I've seen throughout the months. I'd say I've seen about 6 or 7. Most of the time it was something that would turn up on a feed. The last one I saw was the DNC data guy who was out for a jog. He was shot at gun point. None of his belongings were taken. The police are offering a reward for info leading to an arrest.

Young guy with a lot of access to DNC data. I guess the conspiracy is that he leaked the info? Not exactly sure. I'll have to pull some articles. On the surface it does appear sketchy. Shot in the head while out for a jog in a Safe neighborhood. Weird that someone would want this nerd dead.
    yeah it makes sense that they would kill him AFTER he leaked the emails...not before.

Give me a break. Just a brief reading of the articles shows that he was found by police "conscious and breathing"....if that was a professional hit they suck.

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    PJ_Soul said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

Interesting....

So that's two people, which does not arouse suspicion. Who else composes this shit load of dead people? I am not aware of any but haven't been paying attention to who's died. Your comment is intriguing though. What information are you finding troubling?
    https://truthkings.com/47-clinton-friends-mysteriously-turned-dead/#
    Here is the list that gets people asking questions. No idea what this website is all about, just providing the info requested. This stuff has been out there since before Bill ran for potus.
    I find it hard to believe that the clintons were involved in all (or most) of these. But I find it harder to believe they were not involved in ANY of them. I would think this is where the term 'Dixie mafia' came from. Whitewater and the mena airport drug smuggling operations would be scandals worth covering up if you had grand political aspirations. I think we could find a skeleton/body or two in most national politicians closets. Or maybe I've watched too much House of Cards (anyone else think the show is loosely based on the clintons?)
    I hate that we are all so afraid to be considered conspiracy theorists. Narrows the narrative way too much.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

Interesting....

Here is the list that gets people asking questions. No idea what this website is all about, just providing the info requested. This stuff has been out there since before Bill ran for potus.
    I find it hard to believe that the clintons were involved in all (or most) of these. But I find it harder to believe they were not involved in ANY of them. I would think this is where the term 'Dixie mafia' came from. Whitewater and the mena airport drug smuggling operations would be scandals worth covering up if you had grand political aspirations. I think we could find a skeleton/body or two in most national politicians closets. Or maybe I've watched too much House of Cards (anyone else think the show is loosely based on the clintons?)
    I hate that we are all so afraid to be considered conspiracy theorists. Narrows the narrative way too much.

• Options
    Wow, never saw that coming. :blush:
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,965

PJ_Soul said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

Interesting....

While that might be a fitting picture for some members here, Drowned Out has always provided properly researched or first-person accounting links, and has always been incredibly pragmatic and evidence-driven.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

:lol:

Didn't see your house of cards reference until after I posted :lol:
    I know that's Hollywood, but there is no way people don't occasionally die to cover up politicians dirty dealings.
    It's all good Ben. For the most part, I respect gern's opinions. I thought I made it clear that I in fact hadn't researched much in regards to that list, and that I don't think cover up murders are a partisan thing...but I guess stating that the sheer number of bodies and the circumstances surrounding them made it hard to believe the clintons have no blood on their hands in any of these incidents, was enough to get a fanboy to take the typically lazy tinfoil route/cheap shot. Whatevs.
    I'll wear my tinfoil proudly if it sets me apart from the party cheerleaders.
    Post edited by Drowned Out on
  • Options
    benjs said:

PJ_Soul said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

Interesting....

While that might be a fitting picture for some members here, Drowned Out has always provided properly researched or first-person accounting links, and has always been incredibly pragmatic and evidence-driven.
    We know. It was just funny!
This discussion has been closed.