Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,755
    edited July 2016
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

I don't know what's worse sometimes---the huge amount of people having no problem supporting the Clintons because their marriages too are mainly business only (infidelity can always be overlooked--let's face it--that's the reality of long-term marriage these days)----OR the huge amount of self-righteous Republican women who criticize Hillary for her decision to stay with Bill long before the e-mail nonsense, but ironically have been married forever and have husbands who have been cheating on them behind their backs all these years. There is so much hypocrisy in this country.

I guess I don't pretend to understand other people's marriages. That is between them and none of our business. I do find it ironic that Hillary is criticized for staying with Bill for richer or poor, good times and in bad, and criticized by the party of "family values".
    Whenever I've asked my Republican family why they hate Hillary so much, it is usually because of the lying--"can't trust her", they say--the e-mails, whatever questionable scam the Clintons were involved in Arkansas--can't think of the name--things like that--decisions she made as a Senator after Bill's reign. So the whole infidelity thing really is small potatoes with them, I guess. BUT the fact that it was so public and out there-----I wonder how many outstanding Republican presidents were unfaithful as well--but some of these ignorant Republican women just go on living in their naive bubble. I actually have a hard time looking at any marriage nowadays as what it used to stand for in that area. As far as their "You can't trust her" motto they have going...PLEASE-- You can't trust Trump either hyprocrits who are voting for him and the whole time saying "Atleast its not Hillary"--get over your fucking selves.
    My dislike for Hillary has zero to do with Bill's behaviour, Hillary's enabling and/or the state of their marriage. But based on these facts I certainly wouldn't allow either of them or the democratic party to play the woman card.
    Allow? Huh?
    You must be joking. You disapprove of a woman "playing the woman card"? That doesn't even make sense. She's a woman, so she's not playing anything. That she's a woman is a real, absolute fact that really matters to the March towards general equality. I am not suggesting that anyone vote for her just because she's a woman (i would never do that FYI), but damn, if a woman becomes POTUS in a country and a world where women are STILL oppressed by men in a thousand different ways, it still certainly does matter.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    Anyone who offers a public opinion on anyone else's marriage or judges someone they don't know based on a marriage is an asshole. Plain and simple.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Anyone who offers a public opinion on anyone else's marriage or judges someone they don't know based on a marriage is an asshole. Plain and simple.

As far as quality of the private relationship goes, usually I would agree (there are always exceptions.... I.e. if abuse is in the picture things change). It also seems reasonable when someone's statements directly contradict their marital situation (i.e. say if Trump insults someone else's marriage record while he's on his third marriage). And I think one might be smart to judge someone based on WHO they are married to, depending on the person.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

As far as quality of the relationship goes, usually I would agree (there are always exceptions.... I.e. if abuse is in the picture things change). I think one might be smart to judge someone based on WHO they are married to, depending on the situation.
    Fair points, especially on the abuse. Too many people these days put their nose in other peoples relationships. We're all adults and make our own decisions. I have plenty of friends whose spouse I do not like one bit, but it's not my relationship...

Agreed on the abuse.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,136
    mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

Kat said:

I enjoyed President Clinton's speech last night, especially the story about Hillary being undercover at the segregated school...a real gotcha moment lol. Found this today...she sure does get around. You know who that rocker is with her, right? :)

assets.teamrock.com/image/509973ac-d089-4ebc-917d-b9391a9de5d1?w=800
    It's from this article. http://teamrock.com/news/2016-07-27/metallica-free-new-york-global-citizen-show-2016

I hope Metallica plays "Don't Tread on Me"!

:whistle:
    I really hope they don't... it was the song that, when it came out, made me say.."what the fuck happened to this band?" When did they become pro-war jingoists? You couldn't have a more opposite song from One or For Whom the Bell Tolls.
    The same could be said for the songs No Remorse or Disposeable Heroes.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947

brianlux said:

I can't vote for Hillary to vote against Trump. I'm voting for Jill Stein. Mind made, done with this bullshit.

I'm right with ya. Except Gary Johnson is my guy. I couldn't stomach voting for Hillary just in spite of Trump.
    Right on. Vote your conscience. No more lesser of two evils bullshit!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

I don't know what's worse sometimes---the huge amount of people having no problem supporting the Clintons because their marriages too are mainly business only (infidelity can always be overlooked--let's face it--that's the reality of long-term marriage these days)----OR the huge amount of self-righteous Republican women who criticize Hillary for her decision to stay with Bill long before the e-mail nonsense, but ironically have been married forever and have husbands who have been cheating on them behind their backs all these years. There is so much hypocrisy in this country.

I guess I don't pretend to understand other people's marriages. That is between them and none of our business. I do find it ironic that Hillary is criticized for staying with Bill for richer or poor, good times and in bad, and criticized by the party of "family values".
    Whenever I've asked my Republican family why they hate Hillary so much, it is usually because of the lying--"can't trust her", they say--the e-mails, whatever questionable scam the Clintons were involved in Arkansas--can't think of the name--things like that--decisions she made as a Senator after Bill's reign. So the whole infidelity thing really is small potatoes with them, I guess. BUT the fact that it was so public and out there-----I wonder how many outstanding Republican presidents were unfaithful as well--but some of these ignorant Republican women just go on living in their naive bubble. I actually have a hard time looking at any marriage nowadays as what it used to stand for in that area. As far as their "You can't trust her" motto they have going...PLEASE-- You can't trust Trump either hyprocrits who are voting for him and the whole time saying "Atleast its not Hillary"--get over your fucking selves.
    My dislike for Hillary has zero to do with Bill's behaviour, Hillary's enabling and/or the state of their marriage. But based on these facts I certainly wouldn't allow either of them or the democratic party to play the woman card.
    Allow? Huh?
    You must be joking. You disapprove of a woman "playing the woman card"? That doesn't even make sense. She's a woman, so she's not playing anything. That she's a woman is a real, absolute fact that really matters to the March towards general equality. I am not suggesting that anyone vote for her just because she's a woman (i would never do that FYI), but damn, if a woman becomes POTUS in a country and a world where women are STILL oppressed by men in a thousand different ways, it still certainly does matter.
    Sorry. A woman who enabled the character assassination of sexually assaulted women does not get to play the woman card. A woman who behaves that way is only concerned about her advancement and not the advancement of other women.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Allow? Huh?
    Sorry. A woman who enabled the character assassination of sexually assaulted women does not get to play the woman card. A woman who behaves that way is only concerned about her advancement and not the advancement of other women.
    That's ridiculous. Any woman can play the woman card.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Allow? Huh?
    That's ridiculous. Any woman can play the woman card.
    They can but they just might get laughed at while they do it.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Virginia senator Tim Kaine will be Hillary Clinton’s running mate on the Democratic Party ticket in the 2016 presidential election. Here’s what you need to know about Kaine:

Children:
    Nat Kaine—an active duty infantry officer in the United States Marine Corps—and two others

Previous Occupation:
    Prospective vice presidential candidate

Years Spent Sort Of Blending Into Scenery:

Religious Views:
    Weird kind of Catholic where you don’t let it affect your political decision-making

Likability:
    It’s becoming increasingly clear this doesn’t matter

Favorite Food:
    Plain

Relationship To Banks:
    Committed, long-term

Childhood Dream:
    To help shore up support among conservative Democrats and secure a pivotal swing state

Biggest Strength:
    Can speak Spanish almost as well as the many actual Hispanic candidates Clinton could have chosen

Biggest Liability:
    As Virginia governor, appointed Robert Bloxom as State Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry, and look how that shit-for-brains fucked everything up

Volunteer Work:
    Has worked as missionary converting Hondurans and, more recently, undecided voters

Political Positions:
    Please refer to HillaryClinton.com

theonion.com/infographic/who-tim-kaine-53348
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Didn't she try to put the blame on a teenaged intern for throwing herself at Billy when she was the first lady?
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,514

Free said:

Kat said:

I enjoyed President Clinton's speech last night, especially the story about Hillary being undercover at the segregated school...a real gotcha moment lol. Found this today...she sure does get around. You know who that rocker is with her, right? :)

assets.teamrock.com/image/509973ac-d089-4ebc-917d-b9391a9de5d1?w=800
    It's from this article. http://teamrock.com/news/2016-07-27/metallica-free-new-york-global-citizen-show-2016

Are we supposed to be impressed w/ not only Lars Ulrich but any celebrity? Oh, there's a celebrity! I must believe Hillary for every word she tells me because she standing with a rockstar.

Pbt.
    Really? The Republicans threw Chachi up there.
    Hey! Charles is in Charge of my vote. And Kirk Cameron is in charge of my eternal salvation. And I'm going to look into the strength of Leif Garrett's financial acumen, and then I will be all set!!
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    Why hasn't Hillary given a press conference? It's Been months. Is this something she learned from George w bush?
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    tonifig8 said:

Why hasn't Hillary given a press conference? It's Been months. Is this something she learned from George w bush?

She gives a speech every other day somewhere. What do you want her to say?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

tonifig8 said:

Yeah somewhere that isn't being covered.
    There is no appetite to have her splashed all over the news with a press conference.
    People want to hear Trump.
  • Options

tonifig8 said:

Giving a prepared speech isn't an interview. It isn't a press conference. George Bush did the same. This crook isn't even in office yet and she's already dodging reporters.
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

Giving a prepared speech isn't an interview. It isn't a press conference. George Bush did the same. This crook isn't even in office yet and she's already dodging reporters.
    This was a few days ago.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTWrTnyk_WE&spfreload=10
  • Options

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

This was a few days ago.
    Yeah, but do you realize a big portion of the interview was not aired? Read through the damn post.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

This was a few days ago.
    Yeah, but do you realize a big portion of the interview was not aired? Read through the damn post.
    I've got a feeling that no matter what I find, it would be enough. You said she hasn't been doing any press, well, she has been. I guess CBS doesn't qualify as an alternative news source.
  • Options

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

This was a few days ago.
    I've got a feeling that no matter what I find, it would be enough. You said she hasn't been doing any press, well, she has been. I guess CBS doesn't qualify as an alternative news source.
    She hasn't, but what do you care? You're still with her and that fact is perfectly fine with you, just like I'm sure you were fine with Bush was doing it. The difference here is that if we, on the left, had a candidate who won fair and square and wasn't surrounded with loads of shit we would have probably united already- That means anyone who won fair and square would have probably had our support already!!! Get that through your head! We aren't with her because she is shady as shit! That's it! Not because she's a woman, not because she's an establishment candidate, not because of whatever other excuse you want to come out with.
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

This was a few days ago.
    She hasn't, but what do you care? You're still with her and that fact is perfectly fine with you, just like I'm sure you were fine with Bush was doing it. The difference here is that if we, on the left, had a candidate who won fair and square and wasn't surrounded with loads of shit we would have probably united already- That means anyone who won fair and square would have probably had our support already!!! Get that through your head! We aren't with her because she is shady as shit! That's it! Not because she's a woman, not because she's an establishment candidate, not because of whatever other excuse you want to come out with.
    Apparently you don't read through all the threads because Ive made it clear in several threads that I'm not a Clinton supporter nor am I voting for her.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,985
    The inability of some to not understand nor appreciate or accept, what is essentially, and has always been, since the founding, the rough and tumble jungle, of our political, representative democracy, is astounding. Oh, the faux or misguided outrage. Take a Poly Sci course for crying out loud.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,735

The inability of some to not understand nor appreciate or accept, what is essentially, and has always been, since the founding, the rough and tumble jungle, of our political, representative democracy, is astounding. Oh, the faux or misguided outrage. Take a Poly Sci course for crying out loud.

I know. People keep acting like this drama and divisiveness is something new, and in the past there was this gentlemanly process where fairness and respect were valued.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947

I know. People keep acting like this drama and divisiveness is something new, and in the past there was this gentlemanly process where fairness and respect were valued.
    My poli sci prof said something about politics being about different side striving to get what they want. I think within all that, there must be room for dissension and definitely more colors. Two tone politics are far too limiting. There has to be room for dissenters, radicals, libertarians, true anarchists, visionaries and definitely lone wolves. Otherwise we are left with a few lowest common denominators.

"Vox clamantis in deserto"
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,003
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

I can't vote for Hillary to vote against Trump. I'm voting for Jill Stein. Mind made, done with this bullshit.

I'm right with ya. Except Gary Johnson is my guy. I couldn't stomach voting for Hillary just in spite of Trump.
    I agree with this. My honest question for those who understand the checks and balances in the States: would the checks and balances not prevent unconstitutional behaviour from Trump (even with the existence of the Executive Order)? Because if so, maybe in the interest of irreparably damaging the Republican Party's reputation it would be worth four years of Trump.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Saw a t shirt around Philly yesterday

"Well Behaved Women Don't Make History"

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    benjs said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

I agree with this. My honest question for those who understand the checks and balances in the States: would the checks and balances not prevent unconstitutional behaviour from Trump (even with the existence of the Executive Order)? Because if so, maybe in the interest of irreparably damaging the Republican Party's reputation it would be worth four years of Trump.
    It depends, if the GOP maintains the House and Senate, then Trump appoints conservative judges, there are no more checks and balances.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    edited July 2016
    Post edited by lukin2006 on
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

tonifig8 said:

Yeah somewhere that isn't being covered.
    There is no appetite to have her splashed all over the news with a press conference.
    People want to hear Trump.
    Trump...the people's choice.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    how many clinton backers are voting for her to keep trump out of office?
This discussion has been closed.