Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

Gore just stated that he is voting for Clinton. WTF is going on here?!? lots of activity going on in the last 48hrs. Seems like they're trying to distract us from the real shit that's going down

Why would this surprise you? Who else would he vote for?
    Why in the hell would you think that a Democrat announcing he is going to vote for the Democratic nominee is a distraction?

will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    edited July 2016
    dankind said:

I think that the WikiLeaks dump has taken away at least 25% of the Bernie supporters who were gonna hold their noses and vote for Hillary.

Three months to go, but I really don't think that this is something that the more idealistic Bernie backers will let go.

Some democrats might say that such a reaction is petulant or short-sighted, because everyone pretty much knew deep down that the DNC was juking the stats for Hillary. To have it confirmed, however, makes this bitter pill go down more like ipecac. The DNC fucked itself. Just dumb. I mean, how many times does someone have to hear "if you don't want it on the cover of the New York Times, then don't press send" before they get it?

Should be interesting to watch from the sidelines. I've got no horse in this race, maybe a slight nod to Trump -- but only because it would increase my chances of talking my wife into moving to Costa Rica, which will hopefully be far enough away from the fallout.

Not that my attitude about this is actually relevant, but FWIW, unless something truly shocking comes to light, which has not happened yet, this wikileak would not have an effect on me if I'd decided to hold my nose and vote Hillary. I haven't seen anything so far that I didn't already know or assume. This wouldn't make me any less frustrated about the rigged system... it's just that so far it's not news as far I'm concerned. There is a lot of reason for concern here, but they aren't new reasons IMO. I'm not really sure that simply seeing what we already knew or assumed in writing will have that huge an impact on voters. What will have an impact is how Hillary handles all of this.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,781
    I think a lot of Democrats will come out and endorse/announce support for Secretary Clinton during the convention as she accepts the party's nomination. It didn't happen so much for the RNC (at least I didn't see it) because many in that party don't like their nominee.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    I'm a lifelong Dem who CANTSTANZYA his nominee
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

Gore just stated that he is voting for Clinton. WTF is going on here?!? lots of activity going on in the last 48hrs. Seems like they're trying to distract us from the real shit that's going down

Why would this surprise you? Who else would he vote for?
    Why in the hell would you think that a Democrat announcing he is going to vote for the Democratic nominee is a distraction?

As Kat said, it shouldn't be surprising to see prominent endorsements during convention time. The timing of this announcement could have been set long ago, or it could have been in the bag and waiting for the right time, and was used today to distract from the wikileaks stuff. I'm sure HRC's VP announcement was partly timing so that it could be locked in before the convention started, but it also immediately followed the end of the RNC convention and immediately shifted the focus away from the RNC convention. I'm sure the timing for most announcements coming out of the campaigns are calculated for maximum impact. I don't think there's anything sinister. You have limited opportunities to grab attention and make an impact, so you make sure that you not only have a strong message, but that the timing works in your favor.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562

BS44325 said:

We are looking at two candidates with huge name recognition. In a change election if Hillary doesn't come out of the convention with at least a tie it will be hard to come back. The kitchen sink has pretty much been thrown at Trump already and he hasn't even spent a dime yet in the swing states.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/25/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-poll/index.html

Those poll numbers are surprising. Basically they reflect Trump picking up lower educated undecideds. If Hillary plays it right, she can swing them back her way.

I love everyone talking about the daily polls, like a horse race even. Of course she's going to swing back, that's the way this game is played. Drama is the main event people, so continue to eat it right up.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,739
    I don't eat up the drama, I eat up the response to the drama. Big difference.
  • Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348

BS44325 said:

We are looking at two candidates with huge name recognition. In a change election if Hillary doesn't come out of the convention with at least a tie it will be hard to come back. The kitchen sink has pretty much been thrown at Trump already and he hasn't even spent a dime yet in the swing states.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/25/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-poll/index.html

Those poll numbers are surprising. Basically they reflect Trump picking up lower educated undecideds. If Hillary plays it right, she can swing them back her way.

I love your liberal elitist attitude; "Basically they reflect Trump picking up lower educated undecideds". So only the most educated are backing Trump?
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661

BS44325 said:

I love your liberal elitist attitude; "Basically they reflect Trump picking up lower educated undecideds". So only the most educated are backing Trump?
    I believe a poll today has Hillary with a 5 point lead among college educated whites. Would be the first time in a long time Dems carried that demographic.

The same poll has Trump with a 39 point lead among no college whites
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,166

BS44325 said:

I believe a poll today has Hillary with a 5 point lead among college educated whites. Would be the first time in a long time Dems carried that demographic.

Trump is strong with the uninformed voter. There really isn't a nice way to say it.

Uninformed, under educated, incapable of separating fact from fiction.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

BS44325 said:

Yup. I just highlighted info in the article and get told I have a "liberal elitist attitude".
  • Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348

BS44325 said:

Yup. I just highlighted info in the article and get told I have a "liberal elitist attitude".
    I apologize I misread the quote. I stand corrected, but I still will not vote for Hillary :)
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    The uneducated voter still has to go out on election day and vote. I wonder what percentage of uneducated whites actually go out and vote.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

The uneducated voter still has to go out on election day and vote. I wonder what percentage of uneducated whites actually go out and vote.

I'm overeducated, white, and not voting.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    does a doctorate make one educated?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,474
    tonifig8 said:

Your funny did you think he would vote for Trump lol just like all the idiots in the GOP who will vote for Trump I would think they will all vote for him starting with the speaker ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rssesq said:

I don't know what makes one educated. High school diploma? College degree?
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited July 2016
    The question is: are there more uneducated people voting? or more educated people voting?
  • Options

rssesq said:

It's really about more educated vs. less educated. Trump supporters tend to be less educated. Non-voters tend to be less educated and poorer, so someone raised a good question as to whether current Trump supporters will bother to vote for him come election day at the same level the polls are suggesting.
  • Options

rssesq said:

It's really about more educated vs. less educated. Trump supporters tend to be less educated. Non-voters tend to be less educated and poorer, so someone raised a good question as to whether current Trump supporters will bother to vote for him come election day at the same level the polls are suggesting.
    I'm still wondering whether the uneducated, poor people will actually make it to the polls come election day. Polls are typically done by phone or email, correct?
  • Options

rssesq said:

I'm still wondering whether the uneducated, poor people will actually make it to the polls come election day. Polls are typically done by phone or email, correct?
    By phone. A combo of cell and land line.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    edited July 2016
    Sorry if I offend anyone by saying this, but I think "the left" is being really, really stupid and careless right now, and are on a real nice road to ensuring that Trump wins this thing (I guess I am being a parrot about this by now, but seriously, it's really annoying to watch). I hope they get a grip and acknowledge reality by election day.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    dankind said:

I think that the WikiLeaks dump has taken away at least 25% of the Bernie supporters who were gonna hold their noses and vote for Hillary.

Three months to go, but I really don't think that this is something that the more idealistic Bernie backers will let go.

Some democrats might say that such a reaction is petulant or short-sighted, because everyone pretty much knew deep down that the DNC was juking the stats for Hillary. To have it confirmed, however, makes this bitter pill go down more like ipecac. The DNC fucked itself. Just dumb. I mean, how many times does someone have to hear "if you don't want it on the cover of the New York Times, then don't press send" before they get it?

Should be interesting to watch from the sidelines. I've got no horse in this race, maybe a slight nod to Trump -- but only because it would increase my chances of talking my wife into moving to Costa Rica, which will hopefully be far enough away from the fallout.

I'm going to Costa Rica for the third time in January. Would love to get my family to move there as well. Great call irrespective of who wins.
  • Options
    take Bader witchya por favor.
    lol j/k
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:

Sorry if I offend anyone by saying this, but I think "the left" is being really, really stupid and careless right now, and are a real nice road to ensuring that Trump wins this thing (I guess I am being a parrot about this by now, but seriously, it's really annoying to watch). I hope they get a grip and acknowledge reality by election day.
    Im with you. I am pretty sad that the Bernie bros are making the things asshats like Limbaugh say about liberals into a reality.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Once again Hillary is fucking things up

It's like watching a NBA player favored to win the slam dunk contest and then missing 73 ally-oop dunks in a row.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited July 2016
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

Sorry if I offend anyone by saying this, but I think "the left" is being really, really stupid and careless right now, and are a real nice road to ensuring that Trump wins this thing (I guess I am being a parrot about this by now, but seriously, it's really annoying to watch). I hope they get a grip and acknowledge reality by election day.
    Im with you. I am pretty sad that the Bernie bros are making the things asshats like Limbaugh say about liberals into a reality.

Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,781
    No no. Do not edit what someone has said in a quote. I'll fix it.
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.