Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    What's the conspiracy that forced Schultz to resign? That she was a Clinton supporter? Seems silly.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,709

What's the conspiracy that forced Schultz to resign? That she was a Clinton supporter? Seems silly.

No it's the emails between staffers. I'm not sure if she was on any of those or not, but it's a CEO thing, in my mind.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

No it's the emails between staffers. I'm not sure if she was on any of those or not, but it's a CEO thing, in my mind.
    Yea, i dont see a problem with it. Why are they not allowed to have a preference?
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

That last statement is an excellent point that is lost by most trump supporters.

The presidency is NOT an entry level position. But most trump supporters think that in order to go outside of the establishment, you need someone that has never been in politics. Not a good idea when most of his campaign revolves around foreign policy and foreign trade deals. I think trump vastly underestimates how experience in dealing with world leaders is more than just making a deal to host the miss universe pageant.

Obama had zero experience in 2008 and nobody cared. They didn't care when he ran against Hillary and they didn't care when he ran against McCain. Trump's real world experience easily outweighs both Clinton and Obama unless you think only people who have made their life inside government could possibly understand how to be President. That's just silly.
    That's not true at all. If I remember correctly, he was a senator.
    Being a senator for two years might look good on a resumé but it hardly makes you experienced. I believed the same about Rubio, Cruz and Rand Paul. There is a reason why that prior to the election of Obama the US has primarily elected governors. Governors make decisions while senators yap then vote while almost never having to deal with the consequences.
    But it's still more experience than what Trump has.
    It depends on how you weigh people's accomplishments. In my eyes Kaine and Pence both have more experience then Clinton when it comes to government service. Trump's management of a global enterprise is different but far more approaches that of governor then anything Clinton has done.
    8 years as a very active first lady, Senate term and Sec't of State. How can you say Trump's beauty pageants and golf courses supersedes the role of the chief diplomat?
    Are not the best golf courses where real business is done?
    No
    Really?
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

Yea, i dont see a problem with it. Why are they not allowed to have a preference?
    I actually think the DNC as an organization should stay neutral. I don't think individuals need to be neutral because they have a vote too and have the right to advocate. But if you use official resources to or plot strategy against one of the candidates, that's a bridge too far. Now WhatDreams is busy going through the emails so she may disagree whether there is any fire there or not. But the perception, on the eve of the campaign, isn't great. DSW was going to leave after the convention, likely, anyway. So better to get this out of the way before the convention starts.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

I actually think the DNC as an organization should stay neutral. I don't think individuals need to be neutral because they have a vote too and have the right to advocate. But if you use official resources to or plot strategy against one of the candidates, that's a bridge too far. Now WhatDreams is busy going through the emails so she may disagree whether there is any fire there or not. But the perception, on the eve of the campaign, isn't great. DSW was going to leave after the convention, likely, anyway. So better to get this out of the way before the convention starts.
    Yea, i see your point. If it's the worst thing the Democrats have to worry about, they should be fine.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

That last statement is an excellent point that is lost by most trump supporters.

The presidency is NOT an entry level position. But most trump supporters think that in order to go outside of the establishment, you need someone that has never been in politics. Not a good idea when most of his campaign revolves around foreign policy and foreign trade deals. I think trump vastly underestimates how experience in dealing with world leaders is more than just making a deal to host the miss universe pageant.

Obama had zero experience in 2008 and nobody cared. They didn't care when he ran against Hillary and they didn't care when he ran against McCain. Trump's real world experience easily outweighs both Clinton and Obama unless you think only people who have made their life inside government could possibly understand how to be President. That's just silly.
    That's not true at all. If I remember correctly, he was a senator.
    Being a senator for two years might look good on a resumé but it hardly makes you experienced. I believed the same about Rubio, Cruz and Rand Paul. There is a reason why that prior to the election of Obama the US has primarily elected governors. Governors make decisions while senators yap then vote while almost never having to deal with the consequences.
    But it's still more experience than what Trump has.
    It depends on how you weigh people's accomplishments. In my eyes Kaine and Pence both have more experience then Clinton when it comes to government service. Trump's management of a global enterprise is different but far more approaches that of governor then anything Clinton has done.
    8 years as a very active first lady, Senate term and Sec't of State. How can you say Trump's beauty pageants and golf courses supersedes the role of the chief diplomat?
    Are not the best golf courses where real business is done?
    No
    Really?
    All you have proven is that people golf.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    rgambs said:

Free said:

Oh, politicians aren't they swell? They can tell you one thing and do another. They will make promises and never act on them once elected. You've got a politician here with a history of being pro-life, yet people will eat it up that he's actually pro choice because he says he now is.

Really, guys? Think about this...

Or maybe because he has voted that way?

You claim to want representative democracy but you ridicule politicians who change their views to represent their constituents as flip-flippers? How does that square?

Do you want politicians who listen to the changing will of the people or politicians who "stick to their guns" even as the issues shift under them?
    I'm beginning to think Free won't be happy until every public building in DC is burned to the ground with our elected leaders in them. He is against everyone and everything, except Sanders, but now Stein. Unfortunately he has nothing positive to bring to the table regarding either one of those people or their positions. The Stein thread is dead -- probably because there's nothing serious to talk about -- and the Sanders thread is full of whiny complaints about our democracy being rigged -- even though all those people protesting democratically and lawfully will be able to vote in November. Last I checked, we are all still free to be ourselves in this great nation. Free speech, free assemby, free press (free to lie), religion, bearing arms -- ALL intact. If we're smart enough to know the law and our rights, we'll get a fair trial. We all have an opportunity to get an education and be whatever we want to be in this country, if we're willing to work for it. I'm not quite sure what the hell else people want when it comes to their democratic freedom.

It seems to me if people really want Stein or Johnson to win, they would spend their time making their case and building them up. But they can't because they're too busy parroting the main stream media chanting "Lock her up" about Hillary and desperately trying to make up shit about Tim Kaine and excusing away Donald Trump's complete incompetence to be the leader of our free world.

But in politics, we know that's how people win. Call the opponents names, make up lies, exaggerate half truths. The Sanders faction are absolute experts at playing the very game they are trying to dismantle.
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    Free said:

Saw Bernie on MTP or FTN this morning...can't remember which

He should have a pretty powerful speech at the convention. He was asked about who his supporters will support and he was pretty adamant that there is no other choice but Clinton if his supporters truly believe what he does.

So there...

He should have a pretty powerful speech at the convention. He was asked about who his supporters will support and he was pretty adamant that there is no other choice but Clinton if his supporters truly believe what he does.

So there...

So there what?

That Bernie supporters will dutifully follow his word and vote Hillary "because he says so"?

:lol:
    Sanders needs to cut all this bullshit talk about us supporting anyone! I donated my time, money, and energy to fight against these shady politicians and now he's suggesting we support this garbage. F you for saying that, Sanders. This is bigger than Sanders and Clonton.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Schultz was National Co -Chair of Hillary's 2008 Presidential campaign.

• Options
    edited July 2016

rgambs said:

Free said:

Oh, politicians aren't they swell? They can tell you one thing and do another. They will make promises and never act on them once elected. You've got a politician here with a history of being pro-life, yet people will eat it up that he's actually pro choice because he says he now is.

You claim to want representative democracy but you ridicule politicians who change their views to represent their constituents as flip-flippers? How does that square?

Do you want politicians who listen to the changing will of the people or politicians who "stick to their guns" even as the issues shift under them?
    I'm beginning to think Free won't be happy until every public building in DC is burned to the ground with our elected leaders in them. He is against everyone and everything, except Sanders, but now Stein. Unfortunately he has nothing positive to bring to the table regarding either one of those people or their positions. The Stein thread is dead -- probably because there's nothing serious to talk about -- and the Sanders thread is full of whiny complaints about our democracy being rigged -- even though all those people protesting democratically and lawfully will be able to vote in November. Last I checked, we are all still free to be ourselves in this great nation. Free speech, free assemby, free press (free to lie), religion, bearing arms -- ALL intact. If we're smart enough to know the law and our rights, we'll get a fair trial. We all have an opportunity to get an education and be whatever we want to be in this country, if we're willing to work for it. I'm not quite sure what the hell else people want when it comes to their democratic freedom.

:blush:
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Silly indeed. She only worked for Clinton as her campaign manager in '08.

And since you asked...

Debbie Wasserman Schultz: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

http://heavy.com/news/2015/12/debbie-wasserman-schultz-bernie-sanders-sues-dnc-age-bio-husband/
  • Options
    Not surprising.

Hillary Clinton is thanking her "longtime friend" Debbie Wasserman Schultz after the Florida congresswoman's decision to step down as chair of the Democratic National Committee.

"Clinton says that Wasserman Schultz will serve as honorary chair of her campaign's 50-state program to help elect Democrats around the country."
    http://m.greensboro.com/ap/politics/the-latest-clinton-wasserman-schultz-to-have-campaign-role/article_3864d12f-50f1-568b-80d7-fe3fb5861d8a.html?mode=jqm
  • Options

rgambs said:

Free said:

Equality of opportunity, not equality of outcomes. An egalitarian society is what this country is all about. Now we are still not there with equality of opportunity. We should fight for that.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    tonifig8 said:

Free said:

So there...

So there...

So there what?

That Bernie supporters will dutifully follow his word and vote Hillary "because he says so"?

:lol:
    Sanders needs to cut all this bullshit talk about us supporting anyone! I donated my time, money, and energy to fight against these shady politicians and now he's suggesting we support this garbage. F you for saying that, Sanders. This is bigger than Sanders and Clonton.
    Agreed. The one great thing out of his campaign is the Many progressives stepping it up and running for office themselves. His movement wasn't about him, it's about us, stepping up and continuing the movement. And we will.

And we certainly won't "fall in line" just because he did.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Savior Complex
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

rgambs said:

Free said:

It seems to me if people really want Stein or Johnson to win, they would spend their time making their case and building them up. But they can't because they're too busy parroting the main stream media chanting "Lock her up" about Hillary and desperately trying to make up shit about Tim Kaine and excusing away Donald Trump's complete incompetence to be the leader of our free world.

But in politics, we know that's how people win. Call the opponents names, make up lies, exaggerate half truths. The Sanders faction are absolute experts at playing the very game they are trying to dismantle.
    Your fake democracy is rigged...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Free said:

And since you asked...

http://heavy.com/news/2015/12/debbie-wasserman-schultz-bernie-sanders-sues-dnc-age-bio-husband/
    Why do we need to know who she's married to or what her net worth is?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,792
    Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

:blush:
    :rofl:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Uhh, ok. As stated in the 5 things we need to know about Schultz in another thread, she is married and her husband is now a stay at home dad.
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    edited July 2016
    So, she hired the person who helped her cheat (when she didn't really need the help) bc she lost a job?

Character
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    My guess is Bernie is playing it a bit safe because like most of the rest of us, he recognizes that a Trump presidency would be an utter debacle. But besides that, at the same time I'm disappointed that Bernie didn't stand firm on his objectives. Or maybe he still hopes to obtain those objectives through the Senate.

I for one am conflicted about this coming election. Stein is the candidate with whom I feel most aligned. If we get close to election time and it looks like Hillary is going to win by record numbers- something she does not deserve- I will definitely vote for Stein. If it looks like Hillary is likely to win but not hugely, ditto. But if it looks like Trump has a decent (I mean indecent) chance, then I might have to consider doing what basically amounts to heresy toward my beliefs- voting for She Who Shall Not Be Named here. I really really really hope it doesn't come down to that.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    brianlux said:

My guess is Bernie is playing it a bit safe because like most of the rest of us, he recognizes that a Trump presidency would be an utter debacle. But besides that, at the same time I'm disappointed that Bernie didn't stand firm on his objectives. Or maybe he still hopes to obtain those objectives through the Senate.

I for one am conflicted about this coming election. Stein is the candidate with whom I feel most aligned. If we get close to election time and it looks like Hillary is going to win by record numbers- something she does not deserve- I will definitely vote for Stein. If it looks like Hillary is likely to win but not hugely, ditto. But if it looks like Trump has a decent (I mean indecent) chance, then I might have to consider doing what basically amounts to heresy toward my beliefs- voting for She Who Shall Not Be Named here. I really really really hope it doesn't come down to that.

I think it's funny that anti establishment voters are so willing to vote the same old same old instead of something different. Shaking up Washington should be what one would want under those circumstances. But get lulled into political as usual bc of....wait for it....Drilling for fear.

The irony in this election is intriguing.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    brianlux said:

I for one am conflicted about this coming election. Stein is the candidate with whom I feel most aligned.

Should not your dire support have been with her instead of Sanders this entire time then?
  • Options

brianlux said:

I think it's funny that anti establishment voters are so willing to vote the same old same old instead of something different. Shaking up Washington should be what one would want under those circumstances. But get lulled into political as usual bc of....wait for it....Drilling for fear.

The irony in this election is intriguing.
    I agree, Edson, and if your basic run of the mill establishment type had won the Republican ticket, I would vote for what you term an "anti-establishment" candidate (I would call people like Stein and Sanders "Reestablishing" candidates) but this is Trump where talking about. No fear here, just frustration.

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    As I said...the Democratic campaign is forget about Hillary must stop Parallel Hitler.
  • Options

Free said:

And since you asked...

Can't read around the personal stuff, eh?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Free said:

Free said:

And since you asked...

Can't read around the personal stuff, eh?
    I did. They couldn't find 5 things they didn't like about her? Why not just say here's 3 things you should know about her? Makes it just that much less credible.

Edit: credible is the wrong word. Makes them seem more biased.
    Post edited by Degeneratefk on
This discussion has been closed.