Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

You're correct that her VP pick is irrelevant. But not for the reason you think. Clinton could have picked OJ Simpson and she will still beat the donald. He has no chance.

I really think you are either underestimating Trump or overestimating the American public.
    Exactly how many people does it take to tell you that Trump won't win before it sinks in??

You're grossly overestimating his potential.
    Candidates always get a little boost after the convention.
    You're right and this article agrees with you. http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-is-trump-getting-a-convention-bump/

But it’s customary for candidates to receive a “bounce” in the polls after their convention

We’ll see what August’s polls bring, after the Democrats have held their convention and the bounces have died down
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,638

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

You're correct that her VP pick is irrelevant. But not for the reason you think. Clinton could have picked OJ Simpson and she will still beat the donald. He has no chance.

I really think you are either underestimating Trump or overestimating the American public.
    Exactly how many people does it take to tell you that Trump won't win before it sinks in??

You're right and this article agrees with you. http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-is-trump-getting-a-convention-bump/

But it’s customary for candidates to receive a “bounce” in the polls after their convention

We’ll see what August’s polls bring, after the Democrats have held their convention and the bounces have died down
    Silver tweetes today Obama in 2008 and 2012 have very similar probabilities as the model shows for Hillary today. Kerry did as well though
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

And what function exactly does a 'boost' in these bullshit polls prove? Does it verify something for the general public to feel good about? Because following bs polls makes our lives more worthy? The candidates lives more worthy?

Oh, the DRAMA!! And how everyone eats that shit up. Like it means anything.
  • Options
    Free said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

And what function exactly does a 'boost' in these bullshit polls prove? Does it verify something for the general public to feel good about? Because following bs polls makes our lives more worthy? The candidates lives more worthy?

Oh, the DRAMA!! And how everyone eats that shit up. Like it means anything.
    It serves no function to the informed.
    But to the masses it's very controlling and on election day it's all about who can bring the most excited voters to the polls.
    Let's face it no democrat is overjoyed about running to the booth on election day. The excitement they had for Obama is not there anymore.
    So it will be very hard for them to get off the couch and go vote for someone who they don't want.
    The other choice they have is to not vote and Trump will win.
    It is the non voters who will make Trump win.
    But this is a Hillary thread....
  • Options
    I am extremely excited to vote against trump, especially in PA where it counts
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,762

I am extremely excited to vote against trump, especially in PA where it counts

And in Virginia.

The polls are for the political junkies. They also inform campaigns where they should and should not invest.

I like all the amateur shrinks on this page. Impressive.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    And Ohio, I will be thrilled to vote against the first possible clown commander in chief.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    In October 2006, Kaine announced that Virginia would be the first state to index and digitize records from the Reconstruction-era Freedmen's Bureau, facilitating research into post-Civil War African-American history.

This is a dude who gets stuff done
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    From the article,
    “I’ll enforce the death penalty as governor and I’m against same-sex marriage. I’m conservative on personal responsibility, character, family and the sanctity of life. These are my values, and that’s what I believe.”

Sounds like a perfect match for Hillary. They see eye to eye.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

BS44325 said:
    From the article,
    “I’ll enforce the death penalty as governor and I’m against same-sex marriage. I’m conservative on personal responsibility, character, family and the sanctity of life. These are my values, and that’s what I believe.”

This is how you attack a VP pick? Attack his beliefs on abortion and gay marriage?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:
    From the article,

This is how you attack a VP pick? Attack his beliefs on abortion and gay marriage?
    This isn't an attack on Kaine's beliefs but an attack on the lies told by the Democratic Party.
  • Options

BS44325 said:
    From the article,

An attack? What?
    They are facts being stated about him.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:
    From the article,

This isn't an attack on Kaine's beliefs but an attack on the lies told by the Democratic Party.
    When did he lie to them?
  • Options
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562

BS44325 said:
    From the article,

Because they're both closet republicans.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:
    From the article,

When did he lie to them?
    You are not understanding the argument. He is not being attacked. He is not being accused of a lie. What is being attacked is the Democratic Party's claims that the Republican party is made up of extremists while they put forward a candidate who believes in the death penalty, is against same-sex marriage and would pass laws that would eliminate public funding for abortion and that would restrict choice. That is the lie.
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    Julian Assange: My next next leak will ensure Hillary's Arrest.

This guy is playing a dangerous game- you don't go after the Clintons without paying the ultimate price.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:
    From the article,

When did he lie to them?
    You are not understanding the argument. He is not being attacked. He is not being accused of a lie. What is being attacked is the Democratic Party's claims that the Republican party is made up of extremists while they put forward a candidate who believes in the death penalty, is against same-sex marriage and would pass laws that would eliminate public funding for abortion and that would restrict choice. That is the lie.
    Most democratic politiCians were against same sex marriage until ten years ago. This includes Obama and Sanders. What matters is today.

And Kaine is against the death penalty but he upheld the state laws here. He is personally against abortion but doesn't believe in forcing that choice (or lack of) on others. These are Catholic viewpoints that he separated from his official duties. What is the issue with that? I'm don't like abortion either. Who the fuck likes abortion? But I'm pro choice.

The guy was a missionary, he was active in civil rights around housing discrimination, etc. He is a stand up guy and you won't find anyone in Virginia say a bad thing about him. I have run into him several times around the city. He is a great person and I could not be happier for this opportunity.
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:
    From the article,

When did he lie to them?
    Most democratic politiCians were against same sex marriage until ten years ago. This includes Obama and Sanders. What matters is today.

And Kaine is against the death penalty but he upheld the state laws here. He is personally against abortion but doesn't believe in forcing that choice (or lack of) on others. These are Catholic viewpoints that he separated from his official duties. What is the issue with that? I'm don't like abortion either. Who the fuck likes abortion? But I'm pro choice.

The guy was a missionary, he was active in civil rights around housing discrimination, etc. He is a stand up guy and you won't find anyone in Virginia say a bad thing about him. I have run into him several times around the city. He is a great person and I could not be happier for this opportunity.
    Like i said I am not attacking Kaine. He seems like a fine man and I still believe a good choice. What I am attacking is the DNC characterizing Republicans as being anti-women when Kaine historically has embraced similar policies. If Kaine truly doesn't support taxpayer funding of abortions or believes in parental consent that is fine but you must recognize how these positions are a lightning rod within the democratic base. When the bulk of Hillary's campaign will be about women's rights and choice Kaine's positions will neutralize most of their attacks.
  • Options
    seanwonseanwon Posts: 301
    BS44325 said:

Wouldn't that be hypocrisy? I don't see a lie in there.

1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:
    From the article,

When did he lie to them?

Like i said I am not attacking Kaine. He seems like a fine man and I still believe a good choice. What I am attacking is the DNC characterizing Republicans as being anti-women when Kaine historically has embraced similar policies. If Kaine truly doesn't support taxpayer funding of abortions or believes in parental consent that is fine but you must recognize how these positions are a lightning rod within the democratic base. When the bulk of Hillary's campaign will be about women's rights and choice Kaine's positions will neutralize most of their attacks.
    I'm not sure that taxpayer funded abortions is even an issue that will be debated during the campaign. That is a law today and I have not heard about any D trying to make that an issue. Parental consent won't be an issue either. The argument made by the D's will be about the SCOTUS and judges, not into these details I don't think. Either way, this issue is so set on partisan lines that there will not be a way to blunt a Democratic attack line on it. This is no different than Sanders' gun control positions in the past. He voted in a way that's similar to Kaine's abortion positions, but they still both get F's on the issue from the other side.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    tonifig8 said:

This guy is playing a dangerous game- you don't go after the Clintons without paying the ultimate price.

Yes, he is playing a dangerous game -- dangerous for ALL Americans. Wait until these hackers start coming after you. If they can do it to HRC, DNC, State Dept., whoever, trust me they will do it to anybody, even you. We should all remember that when our private lives belong to these fuckers. Talk about an abuse of power. If you think we should celebrate a forfeiture of our privacy to Julian Assange or his Anonymous freak friends, all in the name of advancing some political agenda that has nothing to do with democracy or individual liberty, then shame on you when you wake up someday in a world where you are no longer free.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    I lived in Virginia under Tim Kaine's governorship. I can't think of a single legislative session where he pushed an abortion or death penalty agenda in either direction. I do remember him working hard to support education. That was his signature achievement, from what I recall.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

tonifig8 said:

Yes, he is playing a dangerous game -- dangerous for ALL Americans. Wait until these hackers start coming after you. If they can do it to HRC, DNC, State Dept., whoever, trust me they will do it to anybody, even you. We should all remember that when our private lives belong to these fuckers. Talk about an abuse of power. If you think we should celebrate a forfeiture of our privacy to Julian Assange or his Anonymous freak friends, all in the name of advancing some political agenda that has nothing to do with democracy or individual liberty, then shame on you when you wake up someday in a world where you are no longer free.
    Dang, angry much?
    Freaks? Nothing to do with democracy?

What is this political agenda that has nothing to do with democracy or liberty?

You think your free, and that hackers who expose government corruption and abuse are going to take that freedom?
    I don't see how that makes any sense.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

I lived in Virginia under Tim Kaine's governorship. I can't think of a single legislative session where he pushed an abortion or death penalty agenda in either direction. I do remember him working hard to support education. That was his signature achievement, from what I recall.

He truly separates church from state. And remember, as a Catholic he is AGAINST the death penalty, not for it.

You can't find a person here in Richmond to say a bad thing about Kaine. They may not agree with every policy, but he is a man of integrity and heart. He represents the best of the Old Dominion. Even the Times-Dispatch today had a glowing column about him, which is rare. It is a very conservative newspaper.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,618
    Wasserman-Schultz is being hung out to dry by the Clinton campaign. She did all she possibly could to rig the primary for Clinton (most likely with Clinton's direction). What is it about the Clintons' power that makes people do such things? It is disgusting.
  • Options
    Bloomberg to speak and endorse Hillary this week. Pretty big
This discussion has been closed.