Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,935

i'm pro-woman. her body, her choice what happens within it. end of discussion.

Right.
    You once referred to an aborted baby as a "bag of cells"?
    Was that it?
    Or something like that.
    Right?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,315

PJ_Soul said:

You are pro-abortion? Are you sure? That's like saying you really like it when people get abortions and might consider abortion to be a good birth control method.

No, it's not like saying I like when people get abortions. It's like saying that I am pro abortion. It's like saying I have no problem with women having an abortion.
    in the states they call that pro-chioce.

nobody enjoys abortion procedure or endorses the procedure or advocates the procedure.

we advocate that a woman has the right to have one if she chooses to do so. we favor that she has a choice.

pro-life people are anti-choice. which is ironic because most pro-"life" people are pro-war, pro-death penalty, anti tax and anti social programs, and anti obamacare, but that is for a whole other thread.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764

PJ_Soul said:

You are pro-abortion? Are you sure? That's like saying you really like it when people get abortions and might consider abortion to be a good birth control method.

No, it's not like saying I like when people get abortions. It's like saying that I am pro abortion. It's like saying I have no problem with women having an abortion.
    You're pro-choice then, not pro-abortion. They aren't the same thing.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

Right.
    Was that it?
    Or something like that.
    Right?
    So?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    That has been the point I was making since the Kaine conversation started
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,315

Right.
    Was that it?
    Or something like that.
    Right?
    yes.

if you want to argue semantics, it is illegal to abort a baby.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

Right.
    Was that it?
    Or something like that.
    Right?
    yes.

if you want to argue semantics, it is illegal to abort a baby.
    It's actually physically impossible to abort a baby. ;)
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

PJ_Soul said:

nobody enjoys abortion procedure or endorses the procedure or advocates the procedure.

we advocate that a woman has the right to have one if she chooses to do so. we favor that she has a choice.

pro-life people are anti-choice. which is ironic because most pro-"life" people are pro-war, pro-death penalty, anti tax and anti social programs, and anti obamacare, but that is for a whole other thread.
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yes, im an american. I know what it's called.

I am pro choice. I am pro abortion. That doesn't mean I enjoy the process or the procedure. It means I am ok with with both choosing to have or not to have an abortion. I am also ok with the women having abortions for no reason at all other than she doesn't want to have the baby. Not necessarily a means of birth control. Although, I have no problem with women who would do that.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I am pro choice. I am pro abortion. That doesn't mean I enjoy the process or the procedure. It means I am ok with with both choosing to have or not to have an abortion. I am also ok with the women having abortions for no reason at all other than she doesn't want to have the baby. Not necessarily a means of birth control. Although, I have no problem with women who would do that.
    As does kaine, which is how this all started
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    edited July 2016

I think Kaine brings a lot to the table. Very popular, pretty fluent Spanish, strong catholic. Pretty solid voting track record. Not as "progressive" as some want, but that't not happening.

i don't like him. i do not feel like this will help hillary.

she needs an attack dog, like christie was for trump. the gop made their entire convention about demonizing her.

is he pro-life or pro-choice? people will question how he can reconcile being pro choice with being catholic, just like john kerry.
    He's a pro-choice Catholic. He's my senator in VA and people here love him. Virginia is an important swing state. We have to work very hard every election to turn it blue. Tim Kaine would be an enormous help in that regard, and I hope she picks him.
    Post edited by what dreams on
  • Options
    Hillary is killing it right now
  • Options
    Perfect response
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,782
    Love beats hate.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat said:

Love beats hate.

Indeed
  • Options
    Kat said:

Love beats hate.

"Love trumps hate". Corny as hell but I love it
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,017
    I think we can be angry, firm, demonstrative, of strong opinion and vociferous about how we feel without hating.

Love and only love will endure.
    -Neil Young.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited July 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Same here, but I still wouldn't call myself pro-abortion. Pro-choice is a much more accurate term. It's also a better term for sake of debate against anti-abortionists, since semantics do actually mean something in politics.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,852

I think Kaine brings a lot to the table. Very popular, pretty fluent Spanish, strong catholic. Pretty solid voting track record. Not as "progressive" as some want, but that't not happening.

she needs an attack dog, like christie was for trump. the gop made their entire convention about demonizing her.

is he pro-life or pro-choice? people will question how he can reconcile being pro choice with being catholic, just like john kerry.
    He's a pro-choice Catholic. He's my senator in VA and people here love him. Virginia is an important swing state. We have to work very hard every election to turn it blue. Tim Kaine would be an enormous help in that regard, and I hope she picks him.
    Well no wonder we get along.. I'm in Richmond. VA is a very moderate state and pretty well run overall. I moved from the north and was a bit hesitant, but I've come to really like it here. And I really liked Kaine as Governor and now Senator. He has an easy charm about him. When he was governor, you could run into him at the airport, at restaurants downtown, etc., and he was very affable.
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    mrussel1 said:

Well no wonder we get along.. I'm in Richmond. VA is a very moderate state and pretty well run overall. I moved from the north and was a bit hesitant, but I've come to really like it here. And I really liked Kaine as Governor and now Senator. He has an easy charm about him. When he was governor, you could run into him at the airport, at restaurants downtown, etc., and he was very affable.
    Yeah, I'm from VA and still have family there - they love Kaine. They've talked about him for years. They think he's a great choice for Hillary.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    brianlux said:

I think we can be angry, firm, demonstrative, of strong opinion and vociferous about how we feel without hating.

-Neil Young.

I hate that Hillary said this.
    But while bigotry in American political life might rightly shock us, it is not abnormal—not among Republicans, and not among Democrats, who have nominated a candidate who once referred to black teenagers as “super-predators” who must be “brought to heel.”
    https://newrepublic.com/article/135434/dont-shocked-donald-trump

Pretty sure the saying rings true.
    Once a racist always a racist.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options

brianlux said:

-Neil Young.

But while bigotry in American political life might rightly shock us, it is not abnormal—not among Republicans, and not among Democrats, who have nominated a candidate who once referred to black teenagers as “super-predators” who must be “brought to heel.”

Can you show me the whole quote where she uses the words black teenager?
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

-Neil Young.

Can you show me the whole quote where she uses the words black teenager?
    Well I am pretty sure she is talking about a certain race and age here. I could be wrong though.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALXulk0T8cg
  • Options
    How are you sure?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

How are you sure?

I am done talking circles.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Okay so you're not sure because she didn't say it. But your phrase still applies to Trmp.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Okay so you're not sure because she didn't say it. But your phrase still apples to Trmp.

Yup.
    Apples and oranges.
    Me speak dumb guy now.
  • Options
    Castro or Perez would have been awesome and historic

Warren would have been pretty friggen cool

Safe bet, and I'm fine with it.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

Okay so you're not sure because she didn't say it. But your phrase still apples to Trmp.

Yup.
    Apples and oranges.
    Me speak dumb guy now.
    Applies.

I knew you were trollish but I didn't think you could be so easily persuaded by an opinion piece. Yikes.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,662
    As Monty Brewster once said "None of the Above!!!"
  • Options

Castro or Perez would have been awesome and historic

Warren would have been pretty friggen cool

Safe bet, and I'm fine with it.

Nothing wrong with Kaine and a lot that is right.
This discussion has been closed.