Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,740
    Cory Booker as a possible VP? I like that guy.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661

Cory Booker as a possible VP? I like that guy.

I like Booker a lot, but he has some skeletons

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/10/20/the-ugly-truth-about-cory-booker-new-jersey-s-golden-boy.html
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

Nate Silver out-forecast almost everyone last time. I'm keeping an eye on him and his analysis again this time. Secretary Clinton took a hit but I think she'll rebound because she has the policies.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

Here's a great update from 538

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-clintons-lead-is-as-safe-as-kerrys-was-in-2004/

Kerry won in 2004 right?
    I don't see any of the current blue states flipping to Trump. I could see Az going to Clinton.
    Ohio could. For sure.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,832
    Polls are going to bounce around and they will be close. The country is too polarized. What's most important is ground game. Get out the vote operations are critical. I don't know how wide the gap is between the two campaigns, but all indications is WIDE.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,998
    mrussel1 said:

Polls are going to bounce around and they will be close. The country is too polarized. What's most important is ground game. Get out the vote operations are critical. I don't know how wide the gap is between the two campaigns, but all indications is WIDE.

Who is ahead?

No wait, let me guess... :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,832
    brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

Who is ahead?

The only poll I have seen trump ahead is Rasmussen. He has had trump ahead for weeks and was the least accurate in 2012. We should expect a bounce in the convention. Both sides.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

Who is ahead?

The only poll I have seen trump ahead is Rasmussen. He has had trump ahead for weeks and was the least accurate in 2012. We should expect a bounce in the convention. Both sides.
    I still can't imagine Trump getting close. It's gonna be a sleepy election. If I'm wrong, next stop is Jupiter.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Assume we're getting the VP pick today or tomorrow?
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299

who? Netanyahu? lmao

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,832

Seems like Kaine's going to be the safe pick.

But, I'll say, with Trump doubling down on all the crazy - wouldn't going the "safe" route of just showing how crazy Trump is at the DNC stand a chance of not working. I feel like going balls to the wall and bringing Warren on might bring in a lot of people voting for Stein and the such.

But, as much as I think like this, I still come back around to how misogynistic this country is...
  • Options

But, I'll say, with Trump doubling down on all the crazy - wouldn't going the "safe" route of just showing how crazy Trump is at the DNC stand a chance of not working. I feel like going balls to the wall and bringing Warren on might bring in a lot of people voting for Stein and the such.

But, as much as I think like this, I still come back around to how misogynistic this country is...
    Ah, yeah, looks like she'll likely be announcing him this afternoon. I think safe is fine...I think

Would really like Warren, but yeah, I'd be a little worried about that. I do think it would help the Sanders/Stein people, to an extent, but it would be a complete side show with that lunatic. And yeah, I am not sure folks would be down with a 2 woman ticket, as sad as that is.
  • Options
    Every time log in here there are 60 posts to the Trump thread to 3 posts here on the Hillary thread. Looks like AMT is going Trump crazy. Strange Days!

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,832
    brianlux said:

Every time log in here there are 60 posts to the Trump thread to 3 posts here on the Hillary thread. Looks like AMT is going Trump crazy. Strange Days!

Crazy gets more attention - kinda like the Bernie thread...
  • Options

brianlux said:

Trump 3,800 replies.
    Bernie 244 replies.

Well, at least we've settled who is more crazy!!!

• Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Trump 3,800 replies.
    Bernie 244 replies.

also, H-> thread has 67 pages since 9/2015... The Don has 126 pages since 2/2016....

good or bad, people are talking about The Don.

• Options

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Trump 3,800 replies.
    Bernie 244 replies.

also, H-> thread has 67 pages since 9/2015... The Don has 126 pages since 2/2016....

good or bad, people are talking about The Don.

Yes, people are crazy! Whoo hoo!!

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Well, Bernie is out of it so it kind of makes sense that his thread isn't being commented on too much now.

Final night of the RNC, lots of shit to sling (oh yeah, and "comment" on) so that makes sense it'll be active.

Pretty sure there'll be plenty of creaming come Hillary's time.

Doesn't make anyone crazy...or if it does by the parameters of some? So be it. An odd perspective, but to each their own drummer.

Once again, fucking circus! Maybe even exceeding the three-ring variety.
  • Options
    Too many clowns, not enough high wire walkers and acrobats!

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Agreed on the clowns. They make for really shitty discourse.

Plenty of contortionists too.

Maybe need more lyin' tamers.
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    hedonist said:

Agreed on the clowns. They make for really shitty discourse.

Plenty of contortionists too.

Maybe need more lyin' tamers.

nice....
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    brianlux said:

This is the most astute observation on these boards to date.
  • Options

Ah, yeah, looks like she'll likely be announcing him this afternoon. I think safe is fine...I think

Would really like Warren, but yeah, I'd be a little worried about that. I do think it would help the Sanders/Stein people, to an extent, but it would be a complete side show with that lunatic. And yeah, I am not sure folks would be down with a 2 woman ticket, as sad as that is.
    Warren's done because of the plagiarism issue.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

Who is ahead?

I still can't imagine Trump getting close. It's gonna be a sleepy election. If I'm wrong, next stop is Jupiter.
    I think it's going to be close.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

It's because Trump is a gong show and Hillary isn't. There is a lot to say about Trump because he is so polarizing and ridiculous. He's basically a freak show, which of course creates a lot more conversation than a woman who is acting sane and mature. The fact that there has just been a 4 day long pep rally happening in the name of Trump - an ebarrassing GOP spectacle - obviously creates some chatter, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    If these terror attacks keep happening Trump will keep it close ... may even overtake her. I would never under estimate what fearful people will do. And now another possible terror attack in Munich (still early), plays perfectly for trump ... but either way no one will ever convince that trump or Clinton are good choices ... just the only choices most Americans would consider.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

It's because Trump is a gong show and Hillary isn't. There is a lot to say about Trump because he is so polarizing and ridiculous. He's basically a freak show, which of course creates a lot more conversation than a woman who is acting sane and mature. The fact that there has just been a 4 day long pep rally happening in the name of Trump - an ebarrassing GOP spectacle - obviously creates some chatter, lol.
    He is driving the story of the day every single day. He really believes that all press is good press. I don't know if it will work but it is darn sure progressing that way.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    brianlux said:

• Options
    edited July 2016

Isn't it just so sick and disturbing how a ticket with two women on it is basically a complete non-option, while there are two men on the Republican ticket and no one bats an eye? I can't fucking believe I still live in a society like that. Pathetic.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Russia is dumping 20,000 DNC emails right now.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Russia is dumping 20,000 DNC emails right now.

And yet her server was secure.
This discussion has been closed.