Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    BS44325 said:

Jason P said:

Russia is dumping 20,000 DNC emails right now.

And yet her server was secure.
    Hmmm, she had the DNC server in her house too!?!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Assume we're getting the VP pick today or tomorrow?

Seems like Kaine's going to be the safe pick.

But, I'll say, with Trump doubling down on all the crazy - wouldn't going the "safe" route of just showing how crazy Trump is at the DNC stand a chance of not working. I feel like going balls to the wall and bringing Warren on might bring in a lot of people voting for Stein and the such.

But, as much as I think like this, I still come back around to how misogynistic this country is...
    Ah, yeah, looks like she'll likely be announcing him this afternoon. I think safe is fine...I think

Would really like Warren, but yeah, I'd be a little worried about that. I do think it would help the Sanders/Stein people, to an extent, but it would be a complete side show with that lunatic. And yeah, I am not sure folks would be down with a 2 woman ticket, as sad as that is.
    Isn't it just so sick and disturbing how a ticket with two women on it is basically a complete non-option, while there are two men on the Republican ticket and no bats an eye? I can't fucking believe I still live in a society like that. Pathetic.
    Indeed it is
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    PJ_Soul said:

But, I'll say, with Trump doubling down on all the crazy - wouldn't going the "safe" route of just showing how crazy Trump is at the DNC stand a chance of not working. I feel like going balls to the wall and bringing Warren on might bring in a lot of people voting for Stein and the such.

But, as much as I think like this, I still come back around to how misogynistic this country is...
    Ah, yeah, looks like she'll likely be announcing him this afternoon. I think safe is fine...I think

Would really like Warren, but yeah, I'd be a little worried about that. I do think it would help the Sanders/Stein people, to an extent, but it would be a complete side show with that lunatic. And yeah, I am not sure folks would be down with a 2 woman ticket, as sad as that is.
    Isn't it just so sick and disturbing how a ticket with two women on it is basically a complete non-option, while there are two men on the Republican ticket and no bats an eye? I can't fucking believe I still live in a society like that. Pathetic.
    Nobody said it was a non option. In fact, from everything I've read, Warren is in Hilarys top 3.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    edited July 2016

PJ_Soul said:

Nobody said it was a non option. In fact, from everything I've read, Warren is in Hilarys top 3.
    It is very widely viewed as basically a non-option actually. The idea of two women running together was the very reason everyone knew Warren wouldn't be chosen. That she was supposedly even considered on any level was only Hillary making a point (or considering what would be ideal, however unrealistic). In the interests of having a shot, there was no way Warren was going to be picked.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited July 2016

PJ_Soul said:

The last four were Vilsack, Kaine, Perez and Booker. From a number of reports at least.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    I think whoever she picks everyone will have to do a google search to learn about.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

It is very widely viewed as basically a non-option actually. The idea of two women running together was the very reason everyone knew Warren wouldn't be chosen. That she was supposedly even considered on any level was only Hillary making a point (or considering what would be ideal, however unrealistic). In the interests of having a shot, there was no way Warren was going to be picked.

PJ_Soul said:

The last four were Vilsack, Kaine, Perez and Booker. From a number of reports at least.
    My guess would be that if Warren isn't a finalist, it's not because she's a woman, but because she really may that good of a choice.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

My guess would be that if Warren isn't a finalist, it's not because she's a woman, but because she really may that good of a choice.
    I don't think she fits Clinton's style. Warren actually seems to care and show passion about the ideas that she preaches.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    So are you saying that it would be fine and dandy, business as usual, if there were two women on the ticket and that that wouldn't affect Hillary's chances?? Because I think pretty much everyone knows that isn't the case.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

So are you saying that it would be fine and dandy, business as usual, if there were two women on the ticket and that that wouldn't affect Hillary's chances?? Because I think pretty much everyone knows that isn't the case.

Yeah, that's definitely not the case
  • Options
    I think Hillary would love to have Warren, it just isn't a smart move.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,740
    Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I don't think she fits Clinton's style. Warren actually seems to care and show passion about the ideas that she preaches.
    Which could make her a good choice. She could be the emotional part that people connect with that Clinton lacks.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

If Warren isn't selected, my guess would be because Clinton wouldn't think that Warren will give her a boost in the polls.

You seem to be making an issue out of nothing here. Warren wont gain Clinton any vones so why pick her? Hilary could pick David duke as a running mate and she would probably still beat trump. So no, I don't think she would lose by having 2 women on the ticket.
  • Options

Agreed. For sure it's largely because America isn't ready for that many women in power, lol, but also possibly because Warren is so (admirably) outspoken and honest. Hillary isn't honest or genuine enough for Warren, frankly.
  • Options
    I think Kaine brings a lot to the table. Very popular, pretty fluent Spanish, strong catholic. Pretty solid voting track record. Not as "progressive" as some want, but that't not happening.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Agreed. For sure it's largely because America isn't ready for that many women in power, lol, but also possibly because Warren is so (admirably) outspoken and honest. Hillary isn't honest or genuine enough for Warren, frankly.
    Many thought America wasn't ready for a black to have all that power 8 years ago.
  • Options
    bad timing to announce the VP
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,299

I think Kaine brings a lot to the table. Very popular, pretty fluent Spanish, strong catholic. Pretty solid voting track record. Not as "progressive" as some want, but that't not happening.

i don't like him. i do not feel like this will help hillary.

she needs an attack dog, like christie was for trump. the gop made their entire convention about demonizing her.

is he pro-life or pro-choice? people will question how he can reconcile being pro choice with being catholic, just like john kerry.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    edited July 2016

she needs an attack dog, like christie was for trump. the gop made their entire convention about demonizing her.

is he pro-life or pro-choice? people will question how he can reconcile being pro choice with being catholic, just like john kerry.
    He explains it very well. He is morally against abortions but feels the choices are up to the woman. I don't see anything wrong with that. Biden is catholic...

There will be plenty of people to attack Trump in her corner. Just like you said, Christie was and he didn't get the nod. Warren will be, Bill will be, Sanders will be. Doesn't have to be the VP.

Who do you want? Outside of Warren which was never happening.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options

He explains it very well. He is morally against abortions but feels the choices are up to the woman. I don't see anything wrong with that.

There will be plenty of people to attack Trump in her corner. Just like you said, Christie was and he didn't get the nod. Warren will be, Bill will be, Sanders will be. Doesn't have to be the VP.
    that underlined part is going to be an issue for the ticket.

the people you listed will not go after trump the way the entire convention demonized her. ben carson, a fucking neurosurgeon, said she was in league with a guy who was in league with lucifer.

democrats are to above board to attack people with that kinda crap, but that kinda crap is what makes people pay attention.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    edited July 2016
    I don't feel like that abortion stance is going to be an issue at all. Staunch pro-lifers who can't reconcile that very reasonable stance wouldn't vote for Hillary anyway.
  • Options

He explains it very well. He is morally against abortions but feels the choices are up to the woman. I don't see anything wrong with that.

the people you listed will not go after trump the way the entire convention demonized her. ben carson, a fucking neurosurgeon, said she was in league with a guy who was in league with lucifer.

democrats are to above board to attack people with that kinda crap, but that kinda crap is what makes people pay attention.

I don't see how or why. No one is "pro abortion". All that matters is that he feels the woman has the right to choose. Do people want him cheering for abortions or something?

I am not really following you. I surely hope they don't go after him the same way they did her. I hope they are better than that. In one sentence you said she needs an attack dog the second you said none of them will. Warren will go after Trump from now till November, but I hope the Dems are the bigger party.
  • Options

I don't see how or why. No one is "pro abortion". All that matters is that he feels the woman has the right to choose. Do people want him cheering for abortions or something?

I am not really following you. I surely hope they don't go after him the same way they did her. I hope they are better than that. In one sentence you said she needs an attack dog the second you said none of them will. Warren will go after Trump from now till November, but I hope the Dems are the bigger party.
    i feel a sense of urgency right now. what they did to her was completely wrong and uncalled for. they basically had a 96 hour hatefest. they did not talk about making america safe again, they did not talk about making america's economy better, they talked about how hillary is so bad she should be in prison, or shot for treason. they lied about benghazi. they lied about her emails. there was nobody there to refute it. people now believe what was said. how on earth can you convince people of truth when the lies are said and repeated so forcefully?

• Options

i feel a sense of urgency right now. what they did to her was completely wrong and uncalled for. they basically had a 96 hour hatefest. they did not talk about making america safe again, they did not talk about making america's economy better, they talked about how hillary is so bad she should be in prison, or shot for treason. they lied about benghazi. they lied about her emails. there was nobody there to refute it. people now believe what was said. how on earth can you convince people of truth when the lies are said and repeated so forcefully?
    See, I get what you are saying, but I don't think that convention did anything to help Trump. He will get a bump in the polls from some republicans reluctantly supporting him which was inevitable, but that shit show did nothing to sway anyone who would even consider voting for her.

Hillary is not about winning voters tuned into that over. There's nothing she can do. If she has a good ground and get out the vote effort, she wins.

I completely agree with your view about that nonsense, but no one was like "hmmmm, bengahzi...emails...terrorism...death...I better not vote for her". The base ate that shit up, but that's it.
  • Options

I am pro abortion.
  • Options

I am pro abortion.
    I probably could have worded that better, but you know what I mean.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    You are pro-abortion? Are you sure? That's like saying you really like it when people get abortions and might consider abortion to be a good birth control method.
  • Options
    i'm pro-woman. her body, her choice what happens within it. end of discussion.

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

You are pro-abortion? Are you sure? That's like saying you really like it when people get abortions and might consider abortion to be a good birth control method.

No, it's not like saying I like when people get abortions. It's like saying that I am pro abortion. It's like saying I have no problem with women having an abortion.
  • Options

i'm pro-woman. her body, her choice what happens within it. end of discussion.

And as is Kaine.
This discussion has been closed.