Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

No charges. Wow. Everyone who is interested should watch the Comey statements in entirity. He basically outlined all the ways Hillary was negligent including the sending of unprotected classified info but then said no charges. The fix was in.

Right...if indicted it's great, if not indicted it's a fix
    To me, she had someone setup her own home server. This wasn't her opening an account on Gmail. EVERYTHING was intentional. She put her own personal privacy over confidentiality of US government information. Libs...don't ever whine about Wall Street bankers not going to jail ever again.

Bill meets with Lynch. A few days later FBI clears her. A few hours later Hilary is having a rally with Obama. There were never going to be charges regardless of what was found.
    First off, nothing the 'bankers' did would warrant a criminal charge so all that is just nonsense. It was a quite a long way from Bernie Ebbers, Enron, etc.

Remember in 2008, you had to go to a locked down terminal to capture any email at State. Think about the impracticality of that today. No middle manager at Bank of America has to do that, let alone the head of State. So if she didn't pass or receive confidential information at the time it was moved, then why would you expect criminal charges?
    I just heard some commentary that even if she would have used the state.gov email system the same issues would have occurred.

Most of the classified stuff happened because responses were needed late at night or while some were travelling and simply did not have access to a secure system.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

No charges. Wow. Everyone who is interested should watch the Comey statements in entirity. He basically outlined all the ways Hillary was negligent including the sending of unprotected classified info but then said no charges. The fix was in.

To me, she had someone setup her own home server. This wasn't her opening an account on Gmail. EVERYTHING was intentional. She put her own personal privacy over confidentiality of US government information. Libs...don't ever whine about Wall Street bankers not going to jail ever again.

Bill meets with Lynch. A few days later FBI clears her. A few hours later Hilary is having a rally with Obama. There were never going to be charges regardless of what was found.
    First off, nothing the 'bankers' did would warrant a criminal charge so all that is just nonsense. It was a quite a long way from Bernie Ebbers, Enron, etc.

Remember in 2008, you had to go to a locked down terminal to capture any email at State. Think about the impracticality of that today. No middle manager at Bank of America has to do that, let alone the head of State. So if she didn't pass or receive confidential information at the time it was moved, then why would you expect criminal charges?
    I just heard some commentary that even if she would have used the state.gov email system the same issues would have occurred.

Most of the classified stuff happened because responses were needed late at night or while some were travelling and simply did not have access to a secure system.
    This is precisely correct. The world wasn't waiting for State officials to go find an embassy with a secure server.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Comey did completely indict her judgement. Charges or no charges he completely disqualified her fitness to serve as commander in chief. If there is to be honour in government the democratic party and the media should immediately insist that she drop out of the race. There is still time to find another candidate. Everybody on here knows what she has done and can no longer blindly support her. Do the honourable thing.
    I hadn't thought of it this way. Looks like I'm voting Trump.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    edited July 2016
    I missed the part where he said the involved emails were MARKED classified when she or her team received them. Did anyone else hear that part? Thanks.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat said:

I missed the part where he said the involved emails were MARKED classified when she or her team received them. Did anyone else hear that part? Thanks.

I'm still looking for clarity on that as well. He did refer to emails being marked "Top Secret" and "Classified", etc.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Kat said:

He specifically mentioned how the concept of being "marked" is irrelevant. That there we emails both sent and received by her that she both knew and/or ought to have known were classified. Classification occurs at the time of information being written and "markings" do not make it classified.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,640
    Kat said:

What I got from the presentation was that she sent and received emails that held classified information at the time and that were not marked classified later on. My take on the briefing was that she did things that would have broke the law had the FBI found that there were more occurrences, and that the FBI felt she did it with willful intent to harm the US.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Comey did completely indict her judgement. Charges or no charges he completely disqualified her fitness to serve as commander in chief. If there is to be honour in government the democratic party and the media should immediately insist that she drop out of the race. There is still time to find another candidate. Everybody on here knows what she has done and can no longer blindly support her. Do the honourable thing.
    This isn't about Trump or not Trump. We are talking about demanding accountability and honour. A judge just ruled today that personal emails are not beyond FOIA requests and this will apply to her going forward.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/private-email-freedom-of-information-225100

This will not end and will only get messier. For those who demand transparency in government need to speak out.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Kat said:

He specifically mentioned how the concept of being "marked" is irrelevant. That there we emails both sent and received by her that she both knew and/or ought to have known were classified. Classification occurs at the time of information being written and "markings" do not make it classified.
    But if classified then the emails should have originated at a classified server. That seems to be the case here. Emails were sent to Clinton and she replied to them that may have been classified but whomever sent them to her should NOT have done so in an unclassified format.

• Options

Kat said:

What I got from the presentation was that she sent and received emails that held classified information at the time and that were not marked classified later on. My take on the briefing was that she did things that would have broke the law had the FBI found that there were more occurrences, and that the FBI felt she did it with willful intent to harm the US.
    This is correct. It also indicates that Hillary has been actively lying to the media and the American people since the outset of the investigation. She both used multiple devices and servers against the rules of the state department and federal record keeping laws. She also knowingly sent and received classified information through these non-secure systems. Hacking of these systems were not proven but according to Comey it was highly likely.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

This isn't about Trump or not Trump. We are talking about demanding accountability and honour. A judge just ruled today that personal emails are not beyond FOIA requests and this will apply to her going forward.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/private-email-freedom-of-information-225100

This will not end and will only get messier. For those who demand transparency in government need to speak out.
    How is there not transparency? The incidents were investigated for months. She was interviewed. The FBI recommended no charges be filed. For what, are you precisely looking?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

How is there not transparency? The incidents were investigated for months. She was interviewed. The FBI recommended no charges be filed. For what, are you precisely looking?
    Are you serious? Transparency is supposed to exist without the need of an investigation. Hillary and her staff were required to send emails through a government system and set up the private system in order to evade transparency. The use of this private email system was discovered through the Benghazi investigation and the only reason we have any access to these messages now is from repeated investigation and FOIA lawsuits that Hillary continues to drag her heals on. This is not transparency! You should absolutely know better.
  • Options
    Thanks all. :) With all the retroactive classifying and stuff, it's not a surprise that mistakes are made. It's a huge amount of emails. I think it was something like 20+ million emails of the Bush Admin that used private RNC servers but the emails were never preserved so couldn't be investigated, wasn't it? Hopefully, they made no mistakes. I'm sure they were careful so no classified material was spread around.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

But if classified then the emails should have originated at a classified server. That seems to be the case here. Emails were sent to Clinton and she replied to them that may have been classified but whomever sent them to her should NOT have done so in an unclassified format.

Correct but that does not absolve Clinton in the slightest. Anyone on the chain is responsible and as head of the state department it is encumbant upon her to put a stop to the dispersal of classified information.
  • Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    edited July 2016
    Kat said:

From the group of 30,000 e-mails returned to the State Department, 110 e-mails in 52 e-mail chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information at the time they were sent or received. Eight of those chains contained information that was Top Secret at the time they were sent; 36 chains contained Secret information at the time; and eight contained Confidential information, which is the lowest level of classification. Separate from those, about 2,000 additional e-mails were “up-classified” to make them Confidential; the information in those had not been classified at the time the e-mails were sent.
    Post edited by Dirtie_Frank on
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Are you serious? Transparency is supposed to exist without the need of an investigation. Hillary and her staff were required to send emails through a government system and set up the private system in order to evade transparency. The use of this private email system was discovered through the Benghazi investigation and the only reason we have any access to these messages now is from repeated investigation and FOIA lawsuits that Hillary continues to drag her heals on. This is not transparency! You should absolutely know better.
    "Transparency is supposed to exist without the need of an investigation"? Are you that naive? When in history has that been the norm? Which planet do you live on where criminals turn themselves in. Where philanders out themselves in public. Where you give your bag of weed to the security guard in the pit proactively and say you're sorry?

The Clinton team never believed they did anything wrong. And the lack of prosecution recommendation validates that feeling.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

"Transparency is supposed to exist without the need of an investigation"? Are you that naive? When in history has that been the norm? Which planet do you live on where criminals turn themselves in. Where philanders out themselves in public. Where you give your bag of weed to the security guard in the pit proactively and say you're sorry?

The Clinton team never believed they did anything wrong. And the lack of prosecution recommendation validates that feeling.

Wow. I'm sorry. I thought transparency in government was a big deal on these boards. My bad.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/01d398239bd04ed9841ffb8c23ebfa3f/clinton-related-state-dept-records-delays-are-mounting
    Post edited by BS44325 on
  • Options
    Kat said:

Thanks all. :) With all the retroactive classifying and stuff, it's not a surprise that mistakes are made. It's a huge amount of emails. I think it was something like 20+ million emails of the Bush Admin that used private RNC servers but the emails were never preserved so couldn't be investigated, wasn't it? Hopefully, they made no mistakes. I'm sure they were careful so no classified material was spread around.

Except classified material was spread around. That has been acknowledged today. It was also acknowledged that it is highly likely foreign agencies accessed this information.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Wow. I'm sorry. I guess transparency in government was a big deal on these boards. My bad.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/01d398239bd04ed9841ffb8c23ebfa3f/clinton-related-state-dept-records-delays-are-mounting
    I've written multiple times that we've never had more transparency in government than we do today. We've also never had better access to information, voter registration, participation, etc. Our democracy has never been healthier than it is today. I'm very supportive of continual effort to improve things and never rest where we are, but people who think things are horrible and worsening are unbelievably disconnected from history. My statement is made on the whole, not the individual.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Wow. I'm sorry. I guess transparency in government was a big deal on these boards. My bad.

I've written multiple times that we've never had more transparency in government than we do today. We've also never had better access to information, voter registration, participation, etc. Our democracy has never been healthier than it is today. I'm very supportive of continual effort to improve things and never rest where we are, but people who think things are horrible and worsening are unbelievably disconnected from history. My statement is made on the whole, not the individual.
    Except here you have an individual going out of her way to subvert the whole.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Kat said:

Except classified material was spread around. That has been acknowledged today. It was also acknowledged that it is highly likely foreign agencies accessed this information.
    BS44325 said:

Kat said:

Well, it involved the Hatch Act and the Presidential Records Act and I don't know how it all ended up but I don't remember the Bush Admin being on trial.

Here's the thing to me and what's important to me. Our infrastructure is in serious trouble and no one is doing anything as far as I can tell. That includes the outdated tech being used by our government with standards and up-to-the-minute gear being handled and put in place and updated regularly by the top tech people in the land. We need a modern system for that. Using ancient tech is just going to increase the problems. It makes me sad.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Except here you have an individual going out of her way to subvert the whole.
    There's no evidence that she willfully tried to subvert the system rather than trying to work efficiently.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Kat said:

No that wasn't acknowledged at all. He said that they saw no evidence that the info was accessed but he said it would be likely that they wouldn't detect that type of evidence if it had occurred.

• Options

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

No that wasn't acknowledged at all. He said that they saw no evidence that the info was accessed but he said it would be likely that they wouldn't detect that type of evidence if it had occurred.

This is what foreign agencies do you simply refuse to read between the lines.

This article just nails it

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/05/hillary-clintons-email-problems-might-be-even-worse-than-we-thought/

Why you all want to cover for her when you still have an opportunity to nominate someone else makes absolutely mo sense to me.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

This is what foreign agencies do you simply refuse to read between the lines.

This article just nails it

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/05/hillary-clintons-email-problems-might-be-even-worse-than-we-thought/

Why you all want to cover for her when you still have an opportunity to nominate someone else makes absolutely mo sense to me.
    I don't have the opportunity to nominate someone else since I'm not a super delegate. So the choice continues to be Trump vs. Clinton. And there's still no comparison as to who has the judgment, wisdom, experience, acumen, etc. to be POTUS. It ain't Trump.

The GOP convention has favorable rules to nominate someone else. I'll flip over to Trump's thread and look for your condemnation over there.
  • Options
    Next time I get pulled over for speeding (and there will be a next time), I'm going to pull out the 'ole "No intent to harm the US" defense and continue on my way.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Next time I get pulled over for speeding (and there will be a next time), I'm going to pull out the 'ole "No intent to harm the US" defense and continue on my way.

In criminal law, "intent" is one of the three classes of mens rea. So yeah, it's kinda important.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    the "intent" was to hide the CLINTON CASH coming in and/or her relationship with Mrs. Carlos Danger/Huma Weiner
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

In criminal law, "intent" is one of the three classes of mens rea. So yeah, it's kinda important.
    How many people who get charged with gross negligence intended to harm someone?
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

How many people who get charged with gross negligence intended to harm someone?
    You're arguing something else now. You've moved from intent to negligence which is a different argument. Typically in most federal statutes, you have to have an effect for there to be negligence. I don't know if that's the case for whichever statute was used here, but there has to be a damage. So if there is no evidence that the data was compromised, you can't charge someone with negligence.
This discussion has been closed.