Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Warren is more valuable as a senator.
  • Options
    Is there anything at all that is not true in this 35page document of facts?
    https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/ClintonFacts.pdf
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811

Yeah, we're going to rifle through his 'fact sheets'. No thanks. Knock yourself out.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Yeah, we're going to rifle through his 'fact sheets'. No thanks. Knock yourself out.
    See, lazy.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

See, lazy.
    I got an idea.. how about you fucking do it since you are interested? Of course it matters not since you don't have a vote either way.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

See, lazy.
    I got an idea.. how about you fucking do it since you are interested? Of course it matters not since you don't have a vote either way.
    Pick one, any one and tell me if it's false.
    It will take less time to do than that response you just typed.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

See, lazy.
    Okay rocket scientist. I'll take the first one. I have no idea if 4 million amount of manufacturing jobs left since 2000, but I do know that the net job gain in this country is 6.5 million in that period. So yes, manufacturing jobs have left, but they've been displaced with other jobs to the tune of 10.5 million (shall I show you the math on that?). Oh wait... did Trump not include that stat? Weird. Did Trump mention that his ties and all sort of other bullshit is made overseas? No? Weird again.

This song was written in the 80's by the Boss. I guess you and Trump never knew that manufacturing jobs were leaving until a few months ago.

Now Main Street's whitewashed windows and vacant stores
    Seems like there ain't nobody wants to come down here no more
    They're closing down the textile mill across the railroad tracks
    Foreman says these jobs are going boys and they ain't coming back to your hometown
    Your hometown
    Your hometown
    Your hometown

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

See, lazy.
    Okay rocket scientist. I'll take the first one. I have no idea if 4 million amount of manufacturing jobs left since 2000, but I do know that the net job gain in this country is 6.5 million in that period. So yes, manufacturing jobs have left, but they've been displaced with other jobs to the tune of 10.5 million (shall I show you the math on that?). Oh wait... did Trump not include that stat? Weird. Did Trump mention that his ties and all sort of other bullshit is made overseas? No? Weird again.

This song was written in the 80's by the Boss. I guess you and Trump never knew that manufacturing jobs were leaving until a few months ago.

Foreman says these jobs are going boys and they ain't coming back to your hometown
    Your hometown
    Your hometown
    Your hometown

Fantastic song by the way.

Trump never said he will stop jobs going to china he said he will ensure china plays by the rules and America gets a good deal not screwed.

Son take a good look around
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

See, lazy.

Your hometown
    Your hometown
    Your hometown

Fantastic song by the way.

Trump never said he will stop jobs going to china he said he will ensure china plays by the rules and America gets a good deal not screwed.

Son take a good look around
    That's what the TPP will do. We've seen Trump's tremendous skills already. He killed it with the NRA. No fly, no buy. Bang up job Donnie.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Did you really think that Trump could take down NRA?
    He tried.
  • Options

^^^
    Did you really think that Trump could take down NRA?
    He tried.

Yes. because the NRA is more powerful than the largest nation in the world.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Sarcasm?
  • Options

^^^
    Sarcasm?

Is it that obvious? Do you think the NRA is more powerful than China?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

^^^
    Sarcasm?

Well the way you Americans stand by your 2nd amendment and guns and stuff it almost seems so.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

^^^
    Sarcasm?

Well the way you Americans stand by your 2nd amendment and guns and stuff it almost seems so.
    That's a troll statement. You fully understand the point. Trump thinks he is master negotiator yet he can't move the biggest special interest group in his party. He has no control over his own party, let alone China. He's such a fucking buffoon.
  • Options
    ^^^
    NRA isn't his party and China is not his cup of tea.
    Both of those strong entities are dealing with one guy - Trump.
  • Options

^^^
    NRA isn't his party and China is not his cup of tea.
    Both of those strong entities are dealing with one guy - Trump.

Really? The NRA is not a Republican based party? That's one of the silliest things you've typed this hour.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Silly?
    Trump challenged his own "party" and is getting heat.
    Yet he has not backed down.
    So is it his party?
  • Options
    "Hillary Clinton: She'll say anything and change nothing." -Barack Obama 2008
  • Options

^^^
    Silly?
    Trump challenged his own "party" and is getting heat.
    Yet he has not backed down.
    So is it his party?

He's not backed down? So can you find some info on his success since this one? Looks like he backed down to me. Certainly not successful.

• Options
  • Options
    Free said:

Got it!
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/watch-fox-news-brit-hume-cant-believe-trump-is-already-whining-about-rigged-polls/
    “They certainly liked [polls] all during the primary season when he was leading, and he couldn’t stop talking about them,” Hume told Fox News’ Martha McCullum. “Now the polls are adverse to him, and that one in particular he doesn’t like. And I’m sure his supporters, the ones I hear from anyway say that the poll is rigged, and all the rest of it.”

Hume also looked at the current polling averages, and said that Trump and his supporters are blind to reality if they think he’s winning at this point.

“Not a single poll that I’ve seen going back more than a month, has shown Donald Trump ahead,” he said. “There were a couple back in May, about mid-May, in which he was ahead by a couple of points, but nothing since then, which shows that he has not been gaining ground over the past month, or six weeks and she has at least to some extent.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/285921-clinton-has-79-percent-chance-of-winning-presidency

Nate Silver weighs in...
    "We're kind of at halftime of the election right now, and she's taking a seven-point, maybe 10-point lead into halftime," Nate Silver, founder of the site, told ABC's "Good Morning America" on Wednesday.
    "There's a lot of football left to be played, but she's ahead in almost every poll, every swing state, every national poll."

Clinton, the presumptive Democratic nominee, leads Trump by six points in a RealClearPolitics average of polls. She led Trump in all 18 national polls conducted so far in June that RCP logged.

"Both have a lot of room to grow ... but the last candidate to blow a lead this large was in '88 when Dukakis had a big lead coming out of the spring and summer and wound up losing of course to Bush," Silver said.

"One big lesson of this campaign is don't try to outthink the polls. Don't try to outthink the American public. Trump has never been ahead of Clinton in the general election campaign," he added.

"He did a great job of appealing to the 40 percent of the GOP he had to win in the primary, but that's a lot different that winning 51 percent of 100 percent."

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Big leads in OH, FL and PA....that's big. The margin will only grow I believe.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/285920-poll-clinton-tops-trump-in-2016-battlegrounds

Clinton up 46-37 in Ohio. Now Trumpenstein will either need to completely pivot or he'll make the bad decision to double down and get increasingly nasty. I'm guessing the latter.

• Options

Big leads in OH, FL and PA....that's big. The margin will only grow I believe.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/285920-poll-clinton-tops-trump-in-2016-battlegrounds

Clinton up 46-37 in Ohio. Now Trumpenstein will either need to completely pivot or he'll make the bad decision to double down and get increasingly nasty. I'm guessing the latter.

I saw that this morning. I feel like these polls are a little over stated and probably over sample democrats. By contrast, the other poll mentioned earlier probably over samples Republicans. They've consistently had the race closer. I always believe in looking at the aggregates of the polls for the overall story:
    HRC is probably generally up by 5-7 points
    She probably has strong leads in FL, VA. Moderate lead in MI, tighter race in PA and OH. I'm not sure she is winning NC. I think that's a tossup. Here is the chart from Ballotpedia referenced by the Hill

• Options
    Yeah it's really hard to determine which poll to pay attention to. That's why I start to turn to Nate Silver (538 blog) to interpret based on his model.

• Options

Yeah it's really hard to determine which poll to pay attention to. That's why I start to turn to Nate Silver (538 blog) to interpret based on his model.

Exactly. And he has 80/20 for Clinton right now.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Remember polls only mean something if you want them to.
    Don't try to outthink polls.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

Remember polls only mean something if you want them to.
    Don't try to outthink polls.
    You completely missed the point of him stating "don't out think the polls". You are confusing out think with 'overthink'.
This discussion has been closed.