Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    Okay, so I'm an advocate of Tim Kaine in general. He was governor of my beautiful state, mayor of my city and now my Senator. I've met him a few times in the Richmond airport and at a restaurant and found him quite engaging. That being said, Politico has a pretty tough piece on him regarding him being too centrist for Bernie supporters. It's a thoughtful piece, as much as I wish it were not true. I'm curious what the hard core libs on this site think about TK. I'm more of a moderate, particularly on economic issues.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/06/hillary-clinton-2016-vp-pick-tim-kaine-213997
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    mrussel1 said:

Okay, so I'm an advocate of Tim Kaine in general. He was governor of my beautiful state, mayor of my city and now my Senator. I've met him a few times in the Richmond airport and at a restaurant and found him quite engaging. That being said, Politico has a pretty tough piece on him regarding him being too centrist for Bernie supporters. It's a thoughtful piece, as much as I wish it were not true. I'm curious what the hard core libs on this site think about TK. I'm more of a moderate, particularly on economic issues.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/06/hillary-clinton-2016-vp-pick-tim-kaine-213997

I don't know much about him except for seeing him on the news. I would rather see Sanders or Warren in the VP slot.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Yeah it's really hard to determine which poll to pay attention to. That's why I start to turn to Nate Silver (538 blog) to interpret based on his model.

Exactly. And he has 80/20 for Clinton right now.
    Remember polls only mean something if you want them to.
    Don't try to outthink polls.
    You completely missed the point of him stating "don't out think the polls". You are confusing out think with 'overthink'.
    Same thing.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mrussel1 said:

I'm pretty liberal but I don't mind centrist politicians very much, on the most important issues they will do what needs to be done and the rest is all academic. There's also the benefit of making the right-wing nuts look even nuttier. As much as they hate Obama, they will hate Clinton even more, and it will be a disaster for them.
    Clinton is going to make the GOP go even further toward lunacy with her relative centrism, they will be stumbling to oppose her on positions they themselves argued just a few years ago.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

I'm pretty liberal but I don't mind centrist politicians very much, on the most important issues they will do what needs to be done and the rest is all academic. There's also the benefit of making the right-wing nuts look even nuttier. As much as they hate Obama, they will hate Clinton even more, and it will be a disaster for them.
    Clinton is going to make the GOP go even further toward lunacy with her relative centrism, they will be stumbling to oppose her on positions they themselves argued just a few years ago.
    :clap:
    Go Hillary!
  • Options

rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

:clap:
    Go Hillary!
    Make sure you mail your ballot in early.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

Well there goes Kaine... although this is legal in Virginia, it would create a perception issue that isn't needed. I'm betting one of the people vetting VPs released this to Politico. Sure happened fast after the other article.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/tim-kaine-virginia-veep-mcdonnell-clinton-224888
  • Options
    Republican Donald Trump on Thursday accused Bill Clinton and Attorney General Loretta Lynch of showing bad judgment by meeting at a time when the former president's wife, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary, is under federal investigation.

The private meeting took place on Lynch's plane after she landed in Phoenix on Monday night and Bill Clinton was leaving the airport after a rally he held for his wife earlier that day.

Hillary Clinton is under an FBI investigation for her use of a private email server when she was President Barack Obama's first-term secretary of state.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/trump-raises-questions-about-bill-clinton-meeting-amid-probe/ar-AAhP8ei?li=AAggv0m&ocid=mailsignout

Anyone think this is not acceptable?
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    I think you all better be prepared...

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/02/us/politics/loretta-lynch-hillary-clinton-email-server.html?referer=http://www.powerlineblog.com/

This could be setting the table for something huge. The Lynch visit to Bill Clinton might have been a courtesy visit to a former President letting him know that charges could be on the way.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    BS44325 said:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/02/us/politics/loretta-lynch-hillary-clinton-email-server.html?referer=http://www.powerlineblog.com/

This could be setting the table for something huge. The Lynch visit to Bill Clinton might have been a courtesy visit to a former President letting him know that charges could be on the way.

LOL...have fun while you can
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    It was a dumb move by Bill and Lynch. It just sets up a bad perception regardless of the discussions.
  • Options
    She's a thief and a liar
    There's her church she sings in the choir
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    mrussel1 said:

It was a dumb move by Bill and Lynch. It just sets up a bad perception regardless of the discussions.

It was a mistake for sure but even Andrea Mitchell (solid Republican I believe), talked this morning about how it was to cover Bill Clinton when he was President and how he's extremely friendly and if he saw someone he wanted to talk to, he'd just take off and go visit with them. I can see Bill not thinking it through and wanting to talk about his grandkids. I wish he hadn't done it though.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

It was a mistake for sure but even Andrea Mitchell (solid Republican I believe), talked this morning about how it was to cover Bill Clinton when he was President and how he's extremely friendly and if he saw someone he wanted to talk to, he'd just take off and go visit with them. I can see Bill not thinking it through and wanting to talk about his grandkids. I wish he hadn't done it though.
    Andrea Mitchell a solid Republican?! C'mon Kat!
  • Options

BS44325 said:

LOL...have fun while you can
    You've got mad blinders on.
  • Options
    And this behind the scenes account of the Clinton-Lynch meeting is interesting

http://observer.com/2016/07/exclusive-security-source-details-bill-clinton-maneuver-to-meet-loretta-lynch/

It looks like Bill snaked his way into a meeting
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    BS44325 said:

http://observer.com/2016/07/exclusive-security-source-details-bill-clinton-maneuver-to-meet-loretta-lynch/

Good ol' Slippery Willey never could resist snaking into places where he probably shouldn't...
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Hahaha it's funny how the "folks on the ground" always have smears at the ready for the Clintons, but they never have any evidence or anything more than the gossip they peddle.
    Benghazi. LOL
    "The Energizer". LOL
    There are plenty of others, but only a right wing nutjob (or consumer of nutjob media) would recognize more than those two stinky piles of poo.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Hahaha it's funny how the "folks on the ground" always have smears at the ready for the Clintons, but they never have any evidence or anything more than the gossip they peddle.
    Benghazi. LOL
    "The Energizer". LOL
    There are plenty of others, but only a right wing nutjob (or consumer of nutjob media) would recognize more than those two stinky piles of poo.
    Here's a story for you

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/07/01/clinton-sought-secret-info-on-eu-bailout-plans-as-son-in-laws-doomed-hedge-fund-gambled-on-greece.html

• Options
    Yeah, it's not hard to find stories like this about the Clintons...masters of the graft they are. That's why it is so silly that people take security persons and the like at their word, there is enough real evidence of impropriety that the outlandish claims only serve to invalidate the argument against another President Clinton.
    I will still vote for her, because I care much more about the weighty decisions a President has to make than I care about money..who has it and how they got it.
    If it was almost anybody but Trump, she wouldn't get my vote, but her lacking integrity is not nearly as scary as lacking maturity in the way that Trump does.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Yeah, it's not hard to find stories like this about the Clintons...masters of the graft they are. That's why it is so silly that people take security persons and the like at their word, there is enough real evidence of impropriety that the outlandish claims only serve to invalidate the argument against another President Clinton.
    I will still vote for her, because I care much more about the weighty decisions a President has to make than I care about money..who has it and how they got it.
    If it was almost anybody but Trump, she wouldn't get my vote, but her lacking integrity is not nearly as scary as lacking maturity in the way that Trump does.

I find that to be strange calculus but if she gets charged you might be able to choose a third option.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    I remember in 2000 thinking that the field couldn't possibly get any worse.
    Now I'm just longing for those days. lol
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    rgambs said:

Wow.
    No wonder people don't like having to vote for her.
    You can't be serious, maturity over integrity?
  • Options

rgambs said:

Wow.
    Dead serious.

A hothead bully of a child who can't control his schoolyard bravado has no business controlling the world's largest nuclear stockpile, military, and economy.
    Rash decisions have real consequences, the Brexit is evidence of how quickly a reactionary movement can impact the world. Trump has shown in his candidacy that he will make statements and decisions with ZERO forethought. That's scary.

Clinton and her cronies will surely get richer with her in office, but she won't be jumping to ban religions or start trade wars.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Wow.
    Dead serious.

A hothead bully of a child who can't control his schoolyard bravado has no business controlling the world's largest nuclear stockpile, military, and economy.
    Rash decisions have real consequences, the Brexit is evidence of how quickly a reactionary movement can impact the world. Trump has shown in his candidacy that he will make statements and decisions with ZERO forethought. That's scary.

Clinton and her cronies will surely get richer with her in office, but she won't be jumping to ban religions or start trade wars.
    Maturity and temper can be controlled/altered towards a straighter path.
    Integrity well you have it or you don't.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Benghazi. LOL
    "The Energizer". LOL
    Here's a story for you

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/07/01/clinton-sought-secret-info-on-eu-bailout-plans-as-son-in-laws-doomed-hedge-fund-gambled-on-greece.html

It shows an astounding level of bias that you would see this as corruption and look at Cheney's Halliburton and the Iraq war and see no issues. It is virtually the same scenario, except one involves hundreds of thousands of human lives lost.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    BS44325 said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

I could be wrong but I tend to think she is Republican...married to Alan Greenspan and I don't get a James Carville / Mary Matalin vibe from them. :grin: Anyway, that was what she said about President Clinton. Hopefully, it'll all be over soon. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Benghazi. LOL
    "The Energizer". LOL
    Here's a story for you

It shows an astounding level of bias that you would see this as corruption and look at Cheney's Halliburton and the Iraq war and see no issues. It is virtually the same scenario, except one involves hundreds of thousands of human lives lost.
    But Cheney had exceptional maturity.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    I get more of a Julius and Ethel vibe from Mitchell and Greenspan. lmao
    Kat said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

I could be wrong but I tend to think she is Republican...married to Alan Greenspan and I don't get a James Carville / Mary Matalin vibe from them. :grin: Anyway, that was what she said about President Clinton. Hopefully, it'll all be over soon. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!
This discussion has been closed.