Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    edited June 2016
    Kat said:

I like that article a lot. Two thumbs up. :) I especially agree with the scandals/accusations/intent to hurt her credibility part. I've never seen a Hillary perp walk so it's all just politics to me. I've been watching it for decades and all that crying wolf got old a long time ago. I think she'll make a fine president, much better than a fear monger. Being a leader does mean uniting us, not dividing us. Thanks for posting that.

agreed....and what happened to Trump's promise to give a speech about Hillary's dirty laundry? Wasn't that supposed to have happened Monday?

Reminds me of his promise to provide shocking details about Obama's birth certificate that never came to be.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    edited June 2016
    From what I heard, his speech was supposed to be based on that book Clinton Cash or something, not sure about the name, that came out last year. The press were all over it then and I guess there was no there there.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/283608-networks-drop-trump-rally-for-clinton-speech

Hilarious...Fox, CNN and MSNBC all dumped Trump's "speech" to cover Clinton's.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Free said:
    Yes we were all aware of that. Welcome to the club.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    It's a great synthesis. I'm with her.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562

Free said:
    Which means opinion.
  • Options
    Free said:

Free said:
    Which means opinion.
    Of course it's an opinion piece. It wasn't represented otherwise.
  • Options

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/283608-networks-drop-trump-rally-for-clinton-speech

Hilarious...Fox, CNN and MSNBC all dumped Trump's "speech" to cover Clinton's.

Yeah, you know this chaps his orange ass like nothing else. He is counting on free media since he is too cheap to have a real campaign. He is also WAY behind in fundraising and without a ground game. One source I saw estimated that he had 70 full time campaign staff and HRC has over 700. Trump is going to rely on the RNC which is a terrible idea. Both the House and Senate re-election committees have bailed on the RNC ground game because it's so shitty.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    It appears that Trump biggest ally hails from Soviet Russia. This election will make a fascinating documentary someday if by chance we aren't living in real version of Fallout 5
  • Options

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    I don't know....there's a whollllle lot of people(men) in this country that hate women.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590

I don't know....there's a whollllle lot of people(men) in this country that hate women.
    Don't forget republican women
  • Options

I like Tim Kaine personally. He is the junior senator from Virginia and can work all sides of the aisle. He was our governor first and was very popular. Very affable. And obviously Virginia is a very important state. The down side is he isn't an attack dog, which you like out of your veep. He is far too pleasant.

If you are trying to pull the Sanders crowd, then Warren is obviously a good choice. But after the last few weeks, I can't imagine they really don't see the difference in the two candidates. Sherrod Brown may be a good choice as well. He was popular with the Sanders crowd and definitely a liberal. Being from Ohio doesn't hurt either.

I guess the point is that Warren is interesting, but I'm not sure she brings enough to the table as far as advantage.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    mrussel1 said:

I like Tim Kaine personally. He is the junior senator from Virginia and can work all sides of the aisle. He was our governor first and was very popular. Very affable. And obviously Virginia is a very important state. The down side is he isn't an attack dog, which you like out of your veep. He is far too pleasant.

If you are trying to pull the Sanders crowd, then Warren is obviously a good choice. But after the last few weeks, I can't imagine they really don't see the difference in the two candidates. Sherrod Brown may be a good choice as well. He was popular with the Sanders crowd and definitely a liberal. Being from Ohio doesn't hurt either.

I guess the point is that Warren is interesting, but I'm not sure she brings enough to the table as far as advantage.
    Yeah, I think Tim Kaine is the best choice to go with. This nothing more than my own intuition, but there are men on the fence about voting for a woman and that if the two at the top of the tree are both women then the D's might lose some votes.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    I saw that 8th grader's speech on Morning Jeo today. I also saw this a few minutes later and almost choked on my Kashi Autumn wheat from laughin so hard.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t54Ly_mvuk

I love Billy.
  • Options
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/283750-armitage-breaks-ranks-with-gop-endorses-clinton
    Richard Armitage, who held top national security positions in the administrations of former Presidents George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan, said he would vote for presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton over her likely Republican rival, Donald Trump.

"If Donald Trump is the nominee, I would vote for Hillary Clinton," Armitage, who served as a deputy secretary of State under Bush and as an assistant secretary of Defense under Reagan, told Politico on Thursday.
    Yeah this is big...

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,497
    edited June 2016
    I think Hillary will choose the former mayor of San Antonio as her running mate

Julian Castro
    Post edited by CROJAM95 on
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

Julian Castro

I hope not...nothing against the guy but he just doesn't come across as deserving of that position yet

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,497

CROJAM95 said:

Julian Castro

I hope not...nothing against the guy but he just doesn't come across as deserving of that position yet
    I'm sure he's more qualified then the likes of a Dan Quayle or a Sarah Palin

I think to solidify the Latino, Youth Vote. Plus he's from Texas, not another North East Candidate ( maybe Trump Picks Christie)

Warren is the female Bernie Sanders...might as well pick Bernie in that case

• Options
    rssesq said:

I saw that 8th grader's speech on Morning Jeo today. I also saw this a few minutes later and almost choked on my Kashi Autumn wheat from laughin so hard.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t54Ly_mvuk

I love Billy.

:lol:
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

CROJAM95 said:

Julian Castro

I'm sure he's more qualified then the likes of a Dan Quayle or a Sarah Palin

I think to solidify the Latino, Youth Vote. Plus he's from Texas, not another North East Candidate ( maybe Trump Picks Christie)

Warren is the female Bernie Sanders...might as well pick Bernie in that case

agreed....he's way beyond Palin. Quayle wasn't too far off actually. He could speak coherently and regardless of his gaffes was a fairly intelligent person.

• Options
    Debbie Wasserman Schultz Moving On From DNC; Sanders Confirms He’s In It to the Convention

http://billmoyers.com/story/morning-reads-debbie-wasserman-schultz-moving-dnc-sanders-confirms-hes-convention/
  • Options
    So is Hillary the next POTUS or not?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

So is Hillary the next POTUS or not?

Yes, in a landslide
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    I think liberals would go for an all women ticket....conservatives definitely not. And let's be real, I know of very few conservatives that will vote for Hillary regardless of her running mate. Every state in the south, will go for Trump so it won't matter who she chooses. Why not let it be Warren since so many were pushing for her to run for president and she does a pretty good job of attacking when needed.

I heartily dislike Hillary's foreign policy but after Orlando, if she takes on the NRA, I will vote for her on that premise alone and I know I am not alone in that sentiment amongst my liberal friends.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    mrussel1 said:

Warren is a very energising and exciting choice. The democrats might be looking for something like that too. I can only imagine the money they spend on internal polling to try and find the "right" choice.
This discussion has been closed.