Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

I am not overly interested.... I'm not a Hillary supporter. She is light years better than Trump, but I'm not a supporter (although it will be good to have a woman become POTUS for the first time, no matter who the woman is. That is a really big deal).

PJ, I just can't get behind the mindset of the bolded part.

Sure it'd be a milestone, much as Obama was, but...no matter who?

Solely because of their gender?

Nope. And not limiting this to the POTUS, but I'll take skills and qualifications and character anyday over skin color, sex, race, etc.

What do you mean? It's not complicated. Any woman getting to be POTUS is a major step forward for female equality. That's it. That is really separate from who the woman is. Just remove the names from the story, get Hillary out of your mind, and think about how huge it will be that a woman is the POTUS in terms of female equality. Just like it was a big deal that a black man became POTUS. The issue itself is separate from the individuals involved. I did not even hint that I think an person's gender (or ethnicity) should be the only reason someone wins or should be the only reason someone votes for a candidate. Although of COURSE women or minorities are going to factor that in, because that candidate would likely represent them better in certain ways. What, white men have been doing it since the beginning, so this isn't exactly a new concept, lol.
    Right, but the issue should, to me, be kept separate from who is qualified. What you wrote seems tantamount to vote any woman in, simply by virtue of gender.

I don't give a damn that she has a vagina.

Just do what you say you'll do, and do it well.

Simple, no?
    But that isn't what I said or suggested. Never even hinted at it.
    The part I bolded - that was pretty clear to me unless you want to expound? Maybe I misinterpreted but it sounded like it's more important to have a woman in office because she's a woman, no matter whom vs someone worthy of it.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

I am not overly interested.... I'm not a Hillary supporter. She is light years better than Trump, but I'm not a supporter (although it will be good to have a woman become POTUS for the first time, no matter who the woman is. That is a really big deal).

PJ, I just can't get behind the mindset of the bolded part.

Sure it'd be a milestone, much as Obama was, but...no matter who?

Solely because of their gender?

Nope. And not limiting this to the POTUS, but I'll take skills and qualifications and character anyday over skin color, sex, race, etc.

What do you mean? It's not complicated. Any woman getting to be POTUS is a major step forward for female equality. That's it. That is really separate from who the woman is. Just remove the names from the story, get Hillary out of your mind, and think about how huge it will be that a woman is the POTUS in terms of female equality. Just like it was a big deal that a black man became POTUS. The issue itself is separate from the individuals involved. I did not even hint that I think an person's gender (or ethnicity) should be the only reason someone wins or should be the only reason someone votes for a candidate. Although of COURSE women or minorities are going to factor that in, because that candidate would likely represent them better in certain ways. What, white men have been doing it since the beginning, so this isn't exactly a new concept, lol.
    Right, but the issue should, to me, be kept separate from who is qualified. What you wrote seems tantamount to vote any woman in, simply by virtue of gender.

I don't give a damn that she has a vagina.

Just do what you say you'll do, and do it well.

Simple, no?
    But that isn't what I said or suggested. Never even hinted at it.
    The part I bolded - that was pretty clear to me unless you want to expound? Maybe I misinterpreted but it sounded like it's more important to have a woman in office because she's a woman, no matter whom vs someone worthy of it.
    You misinterpreted it. PJSoul made it clear what she was getting at.
    Maybe so, maybe not. The language seemed clear to me but I get that the term is relative.
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited June 2016
    Programmer under oath admits computers rig elections

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G0qivPudp6U
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    edited June 2016
    Free said:

Programmer under oath admits computers rig elections

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G0qivPudp6U

Curtis specifically alleged that:

At the behest of Rep. Tom Feeney, in September 2000, he was asked to write a program for a touchscreen voting machine that would make it possible to change the results of an election undetectably.[10] Curtis assumed initially that this effort was aimed at detecting Democratic fraud, but later learned that it was intended to benefit the Republican Party.
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
    edited June 2016
    Regardless, evidence of rigged elections.

^^^: are you attempting to make the Dem party look innocent? :lol:

Curtis doesn't "claim" it happens like you said in the Bernie thread, he admits it does happen and he did it for Tom Feeney in 2000.
    Post edited by Free on
    Free said:

Curtis doesn't "claim" it happens like you said in the Bernie thread, he admits it does happen and he did it for Tom Feeney in 2000.

Anyone with half a brain knows the election process is rigged by a cabal made up of the RNC, DNC, mainstream media, the old white rich guys who meet in bohemian grove, and The Rothschilds
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    ^I'm sick of you covering for the Illuminati.
    mrussel1 said:

Don't forget ZOG and the NWO
    Thanks for verifying the validity of a video that a "Programmer under oath admits computers rig elections" by saying he's "claiming", "alledges".

mrussel1 said:

Yes, we know ZOG commands the Masons today. I'm monitoring their HQ in Alexandria as we speak.

Free said:

Anyone with half a brain knows the election process is rigged by a cabal made up of the RNC, DNC, mainstream media, the old white rich guys who meet in bohemian grove, and The Rothschilds
    Way to sidestep. See my post above.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Free said:

Thanks for verifying the validity of a video that a "Programmer under oath admits computers rig elections" by saying he's "claiming", "alledges".

The title is a bit of a mischaracterization, the gentleman never asserts definitively with personal knowledge that such programs were used, only that it is possible and he would make the assumption in cases where there was a serious discrepancy.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited June 2016
    hedonist said:

Maybe so, maybe not. The language seemed clear to me but I get that the term is relative.

I feel like you are totally ignoring all the words except the one sentence. If you read it all together, you can see pretty clearly that I was specifically not saying what you seem to think i was saying.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    rgambs said:

Free said:

The title is a bit of a mischaracterization, the gentleman never asserts definitively with personal knowledge that such programs were used, only that it is possible and he would make the assumption in cases where there was a serious discrepancy.
    rgambs said:

Free said:

You didn't watch it then. Because as I already pointed out and the court video points out, he did it for Tom Feeney in 2000.

But let's continue to argue facts...
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

I feel like you are totally ignoring all the words except the one sentence. If you read it all together, you can see pretty clearly that I was specifically not saying what you seem to think i was saying.
    Well, that sentence stood out to me (obviously!)...guess I'm a bit sensitive when support - or denial - is given based on gender, but fair enough.
    edited June 2016
    Never mind
    Post edited by Free on
    hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

Well, that sentence stood out to me (obviously!)...guess I'm a bit sensitive when support - or denial - is given based on gender, but fair enough.
    Can't we just agree on the dreaminess of Marc Singer?
    mrussel1 said:

hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

Can't we just agree on the dreaminess of Marc Singer?
    But of course!

(needing laughs here this morning, so thank you)
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

You didn't watch it then. Because as I already pointed out and the court video points out, he did it for Tom Feeney in 2000.

But let's continue to argue facts...
    I watched the video in entirety, he programmed for Feeney, he didn't implement it. He only has assumptions and conditional statements, they are bad enough in their own right, there's no reason to go above and beyond the truth with mischaracterizations.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    and the IMF and World Bank and the other Rothschilds scum branches, lol
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Yes, we know ZOG commands the Masons today. I'm monitoring their HQ in Alexandria as we speak.
  • KatKat Posts: 4,832
    PJPOWER said:
    I wonder if it'll be possible to tell where the emails actually came from. There was discussion today that the State Dept was hacked but not Secretary Clinton's server. Since her emails had cc names, all kinds of people were on her emails. We'll see.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,074
    PJPOWER said:
    by breitbart? obviously vilified. bashing clintons is what has kept them in business this long.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    No reason to guess, she definitely is.
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Kat said:

PJPOWER said:
    I wonder if it'll be possible to tell where the emails actually came from. There was discussion today that the State Dept was hacked but not Secretary Clinton's server. Since her emails had cc names, all kinds of people were on her emails. We'll see.
    The IG report said the same thing. The State Dept. was hacked. Her private server was not. Everyone screaming afoul about the private server fail to acknowledge that her private email was more secure than the government accounts. Sigh. I really wish people would read the IG report and quit making up stories because the real facts don't fit their fairy tale.
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    I just read the comments section on the posted breitbart article and the WikiLeak link contained within. I just don't get people who are obsessed with their hatred of public figures. They are so obsessed that they create entirely alternative storylines full of these larger-than-life characters. Killary, Hitlary, last week one C-span viewer called her "the most murderous, treasonous person walking the planet." Really?!! The most?!!

Where does that kind of deeply held belief come from? I swear, I don't even hold that much anger for the people I know personally who have deeply wronged me, former friends, family who have seriously violated my personal trust over issues that actually impact me. How is it possible to carry around so much hate and anger for someone who doesn't even matter all that much to our own daily lives?

And how can it be good for our national soul to have such destructive language being vomited all over the Internet? Why do we wonder that people blow each other's brains out when they spend their days filling their brains wirh such vitriol?

A fan favorite Avett Brothers lyric: "Your life doesn't change by the man that's elected." It really doesn't. The earth will continue to revolve and evolve, no matter what Clinton's emails say. Knowing what's in those dang emails will not change any of our lives, not one bit. Why do I feel like nobody understands this? Or even cares? Why is it so important to believe that Hillary Clinton is the most murderous, treasonous person walking the planet . . . and the emails will reveal this to be true?

I have a lot of questions these days. No answers.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • KatKat Posts: 4,832
    I like that article a lot. Two thumbs up. :) I especially agree with the scandals/accusations/intent to hurt her credibility part. I've never seen a Hillary perp walk so it's all just politics to me. I've been watching it for decades and all that crying wolf got old a long time ago. I think she'll make a fine president, much better than a fear monger. Being a leader does mean uniting us, not dividing us. Thanks for posting that.
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.