Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

Looks like Sanders is going to back Clinton in the interest of defeating the real enemy.

Doesn't mean his supporters will. And according to one poll since so many are fans here of polls, yesterday's TYT poll of if Bernie Sanders supporters are going to vote for Clinton or not, 87% said they will not.
    Can you link to the poll? Those numbers are inverted to the other polls on the same subject.
    It looks like it isn't a real poll, so it is subject to self selection sampling, and will have that bias. Not a random, statistical sample. You can go here:
    https://www.tytnetwork.com/2016/06/09/will-bernie-voters-back-hillary-general-election-poll/

When you watch the video, hover your mouse over the 'l' in the upper right corner and click, a little box pops up and it will ask you "How will you vote in the election?". Your choices are "Vote for Hillary" or "Never Hillary". So currently the results are 17% of TYT viewers who chose to participate in the poll are voting for Hillary and 82% are not. It doesn't say how many have participated. But again, self selection bias is at play here.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

Looks like Sanders is going to back Clinton in the interest of defeating the real enemy.

Doesn't mean his supporters will. And according to one poll since so many are fans here of polls, yesterday's TYT poll of if Bernie Sanders supporters are going to vote for Clinton or not, 87% said they will not.
    Can you link to the poll? Those numbers are inverted to the other polls on the same subject.
    It looks like it isn't a real poll, so it is subject to self selection sampling, and will have that bias. Not a random, statistical sample. You can go here:
    https://www.tytnetwork.com/2016/06/09/will-bernie-voters-back-hillary-general-election-poll/

When you watch the video, hover your mouse over the 'l' in the upper right corner and click, a little box pops up and it will ask you "How will you vote in the election?". Your choices are "Vote for Hillary" or "Never Hillary". So currently the results are 17% of TYT viewers who chose to participate in the poll are voting for Hillary and 82% are not. It doesn't say how many have participated. But again, self selection bias is at play here.
    That's what I figured. It's a survey, not a valid scientific poll. Shocking! Thanks Jeff.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Free said:

Why would a Bernie supporter want president trump?

Why would a Bernie supporter want Clinton?
    You have this godly like view of this guy. He is a twin of Clinton when compared to trump. Dude is completely opposed to anything Bernie stands for
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited June 2016
    Never said it was a scientific poll but keep assuming. This is my last comment to you.

https://www.facebook.com/TheYoungTurks/videos/10153689741269205/

Post edited by Free on
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

I have received 8 glossy card stock mailers telling me to vote for Rob Portman, because he stands against Obama's war on coal :rofl:

I am so excited to vote for Strickland (who isn't awesome, honestly) and every few days I get these colorful reminders of how badly I dislike Portman lol

I understand it's a numbers game, but the amount of money wasted on people who's minds are already decided is just sad.

I wouldn't be surprised to see S. Brown on the ticket as VP.
    I would love to see that, Brown is awesome and it would introduce him to a ton of people that would like him...maybe even pave the road to the Presidency someday.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Free said:

Why would a Bernie supporter want president trump?

Why would a Bernie supporter want Clinton?
    Same-Sex Marriage
    Race Relations
    Immigration
    Defense Spending
    Foreign Wars
    Female Reproductive Rights
    Climate Change
    Social Security/Medicare/Medicaid
    Supreme Court Appointees
    Class
    Decorum
    Dignity
    Vocabulary
    Attitude

Those are a few of the reasons I (as an ardent Sanders supporter) will vote for Clinton.
    The sad reality is it's not about what she offers on these issues in her own right, it's about what Trump (and the GOP at large) is offering in opposition to her, which is regression in nearly every field of play.

Don't waste your time trying to show that she's a big money loving, flip flopping, political opportunist, dishonest hawk... I understand exactly who she is and what she offers, and it looks pretty tolerable compared to the Drumpf.
  • ^^^
    It must be a terrible position to be in when you have to vote for a tolerable ruler.
    You have two choices, Hillary or Trump.

^^^
    It must be a terrible position to be in when you have to vote for a tolerable ruler.

Ruler?
  • mrussel1 said:

^^^

Ruler?
    Does POTUS work better?
    Free said:

Never said it was a scientific poll but keep assuming. This is my last comment to you.

https://www.facebook.com/TheYoungTurks/videos/10153689741269205/

Then it's useless information.

^^^

It sucks!

But other systems have their drawbacks too, the Canadian deal looks like a chaotic free-for-all compared to our binary system lol
  • ^^^
    Ha
    It's a free-for-all in a collapsed time-frame.
    We love it.
    It forces everyone to spill their shit fast and if they don't they are left behind.
    "Hey Canada, we are having an election in 6mos, pick one of these people please"
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    The democrats are insane for putting all their eggs in the Hillary basket.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/06/10/how_clinton_donor_rajiv_fernando_got_a_job_as_a_nuclear_expert_he_wasn_t.html

Drip, drip, drip
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Did you just make a Tragically Hip reference?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

Ha. I can see how you might think that but I would never reference a song post-Phantom Power.
    PJ_Soul said:

Here's some more drip drip drip if you're interested

http://observer.com/2016/06/breaking-hillary-clinton-sent-information-marked-classified/

Material was marked classified.
    edited June 2016
    I am not overly interested.... I'm not a Hillary supporter (Bernie's the man). She is light years better than Trump and I would vote for her in the general if I could just for lack of other reasonable options and to vote against Trump, but I'm not a supporter. I also am not really bothered about the whole email thing TBH. I don't really think it will matter in the long run. I know the Reps need this to be a big scandal that offends everyone, but it's just not working out that way.
    I admit it will be good to have a woman become POTUS for the first time, no matter who the woman is. That is a really big deal. It wouod be nice if the woman in question were more inspiring, but I'll still take it as a win for gender equality.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

http://observer.com/2016/06/breaking-hillary-clinton-sent-information-marked-classified/

How about you all just wait for the FBI to do their job. No one reads the Observer, whatever that is.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

How about you all just wait for the FBI to do their job. No one reads the Observer, whatever that is.
    What happened to bulletproofing your arguments?
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul said:

I am not overly interested.... I'm not a Hillary supporter. She is light years better than Trump, but I'm not a supporter (although it will be good to have a woman become POTUS for the first time, no matter who the woman is. That is a really big deal).

PJ, I just can't get behind the mindset of the bolded part.

Sure it'd be a milestone, much as Obama was, but...no matter who?

Solely because of their gender?

Nope. And not limiting this to the POTUS, but I'll take skills and qualifications and character anyday over skin color, sex, race, etc.

PJ_Soul said:

I am not overly interested.... I'm not a Hillary supporter (Bernie's the man). She is light years better than Trump and I would vote for her in the general if I could just for lack of other reasonable options and to vote against Trump, but I'm not a supporter. I also am not really bothered about the whole email thing TBH. I don't really think it will matter in the long run. I know the Reps need this to be a big scandal that offends everyone, but it's just not working out that way.
    I admit it will be good to have a woman become POTUS for the first time, no matter who the woman is. That is a really big deal. It wouod be nice if the woman in question were more inspiring, but I'll still take it as a win for gender equality.

I can't believe you are not really bothered about her corruption. If that's the case then you can't truly be a Bernie supporter. She is corrupt plain and simple and those that supporter are giving their blessing to the status quo.
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

What happened to bulletproofing your arguments?
    I don't pretend to know more than the FBI on this subject. Completely different than a policy or political argument.
    edited June 2016
    hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

I am not overly interested.... I'm not a Hillary supporter. She is light years better than Trump, but I'm not a supporter (although it will be good to have a woman become POTUS for the first time, no matter who the woman is. That is a really big deal).

Nope. And not limiting this to the POTUS, but I'll take skills and qualifications and character anyday over skin color, sex, race, etc.

What do you mean? It's not complicated. Any woman getting to be POTUS is a major step forward for female equality. That's it. That is really separate from who the woman is. Just remove the names from the story, get Hillary out of your mind, and think about how huge it will be that a woman is the POTUS in terms of female equality. Just like it was a big deal that a black man became POTUS. The issue itself is separate from the individuals involved. I did not even hint that I think an person's gender (or ethnicity) should be the only reason someone wins or should be the only reason someone votes for a candidate. Although of COURSE women or minorities are going to factor that in, because that candidate would likely represent them better in certain ways. What, white men have been doing it since the beginning, so this isn't exactly a new concept, lol.
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

Although of COURSE women or minorities are going to factor that in, because that candidate would likely represent them better in certain ways. What, white men have been doing it since the beginning, so this isn't exactly a new concept, lol.
    So I guess you agree with Trump then and his take on the judge.

PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

What do you mean? It's not complicated. Any woman getting to be POTUS is a major step forward for female equality. That's it. That is really separate from who the woman is. Just remove the names from the story, get Hillary out of your mind, and think about how huge it will be that a woman is the POTUS in terms of female equality. Just like it was a big deal that a black man became POTUS. The issue itself is separate from the individuals involved. I did not even hint that I think an person's gender (or ethnicity) should be the only reason someone wins or should be the only reason someone votes for a candidate. Although of COURSE women or minorities are going to factor that in, because that candidate would likely represent them better in certain ways. What, white men have been doing it since the beginning, so this isn't exactly a new concept, lol.
    My 7 year old daughter is so excited about HRC. And she literally said. .. so I can be president too? She obviously knows nothing about politics, but HRC can be a new role model. That's very important and should be celebrated.
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

Although of COURSE women or minorities are going to factor that in, because that candidate would likely represent them better in certain ways. What, white men have been doing it since the beginning, so this isn't exactly a new concept, lol.
    So I guess you agree with Trump then and his take on the judge.

No, and that makes no sense at all.
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

My 7 year old daughter is so excited about HRC. And she literally said. .. so I can be president too? She obviously knows nothing about politics, but HRC can be a new role model. That's very important and should be celebrated.
    Totally. :) Any problems with Hillary can be separated from what a woman in Office means to girls and women and society.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

Right, but the issue should, to me, be kept separate from who is qualified. What you wrote seems tantamount to vote any woman in, simply by virtue of gender.

I don't give a damn that she has a vagina.

Just do what you say you'll do, and do it well.

Simple, no?
    edited June 2016
    hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

Right, but the issue should, to me, be kept separate from who is qualified. What you wrote seems tantamount to vote any woman in, simply by virtue of gender.

I don't give a damn that she has a vagina.

Just do what you say you'll do, and do it well.

Simple, no?
    But that isn't what I said or suggested. Never even hinted at it.
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

Your daughter will be deleting federal records and breaching national security in no time!
This discussion has been closed.