Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,984
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/hillary-clinton-aides-loss-blame-231215

"On a call with surrogates Thursday afternoon, top advisers John Podesta and Jennifer Palmieri pinned blame for Hillary Clinton’s loss on a host of uncontrollable headwinds that ultimately felled a well-run campaign that executed a sensible strategy, and a soldier of a candidate who appealed to the broadest coalition of voters in the country.

They shot down questions about whether they should have run a more populist campaign with a greater appeal to angry white voters, pointing to exit polls that showed Clinton beat Trump on the issue of the economy. They explained that internal polling from May showed that attacking Trump on the issue of temperament was a more effective message.

They offered no apology for the unexpected loss."

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    JimmyV said:

"On a call with surrogates Thursday afternoon, top advisers John Podesta and Jennifer Palmieri pinned blame for Hillary Clinton’s loss on a host of uncontrollable headwinds that ultimately felled a well-run campaign that executed a sensible strategy, and a soldier of a candidate who appealed to the broadest coalition of voters in the country.

They shot down questions about whether they should have run a more populist campaign with a greater appeal to angry white voters, pointing to exit polls that showed Clinton beat Trump on the issue of the economy. They explained that internal polling from May showed that attacking Trump on the issue of temperament was a more effective message.

They can't offer an apology because the fault lay in the administration that preceded them. Obamacare premiums crushed Hillary and ruined the democrats down ballot opportunity to take back the senate and/or make gains in the house. Bill Clinton started talking about what a disaster Obamacare was in October but it was too late.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    BS44325 said:

JimmyV said:

They can't offer an apology because the fault lay in the administration that preceded them. Obamacare premiums crushed Hillary and ruined the democrats down ballot opportunity to take back the senate and/or make gains in the house. Bill Clinton started talking about what a disaster Obamacare was in October but it was too late.
    You are seriously arguing they bear no responsibility at all? After accusing others of having blinders on? Obamacare certainly played a role, no argument there, but to lay the fault entirely at the feet of Obama is madness.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    JimmyV said:

BS44325 said:

JimmyV said:

You are seriously arguing they bear no responsibility at all? After accusing others of having blinders on? Obamacare certainly played a role, no argument there, but to lay the fault entirely at the feet of Obama is madness.
    Hillary was a terrible candidate and was especially the wrong candidate for these times. Bernie would have been a more effective candidate for "change" just for being different but he almost certainly would have lost as well. The big picture being missed on here is that hope and change was a failure and no democratic candidate would have been willing and/or able to say it. Actually...I am not even sure if there is a democrat who is even self aware enough to realize it?
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited November 2016
    BS44325 said:

JimmyV said:

BS44325 said:

JimmyV said:

Hillary was a terrible candidate and was especially the wrong candidate for these times. Bernie would have been a more effective candidate for "change" just for being different but he almost certainly would have lost as well. The big picture being missed on here is that hope and change was a failure and no democratic candidate would have been willing and/or able to say it. Actually...I am not even sure if there is a democrat who is even self aware enough to realize it?
    The funny thing about all of this is that I doubt any other republican would have beat Hillary and any other democrat would have probably beat Trump. It's almost poetic how this shit went down.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Hillary is a liar, a hag, and a crony capitalist that can't even keep her husband in her own bed.

Such a idiotic comment. Trump can't keep himself in his wife's bed. What happened to personal responsibility? Hilarious that Trump supporters try to hang Bill's infidelities around Hillary when he clearly cheated on Ivana at a minimum and probably Marla. And he bragged about sleeping with married women. I can't wait until they try that shit again in the general. He is a POS and a draft dodger. But you know that already.
    It is not an idiotic comment.
    She will not be the next POTUS because she will forever be dogged with press questions about infidelity.
    Imagine Hillary addressing muslims?
    She didn't cheat on her husband. Trump cheated on his wives. Democrats naturally attract 53-55% of women voters. Do you really think attacking Hillary by blaming her for Bill's infidelities is going to attract the 62% of women voters necessary for Trump to win the election? Basically, you are saying that this line of attack is going to turn a natural 5% deficit into a 12% positive. I'm sorry, that's fantasy land. It is an idiotic comment because it's a politically untenable attack for Trump to take.
    97% of all statistics are made up, on the spot. Nice numbers Ace!
    Educate yourself a little bit please. I'm tired of you embarrassing yourself on these boards. It will also help you be prepared for Trump's general election loss. http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/03/donald-trump-needs-7-of-10-white-guys-213699
    Education is key!
    "I love the poorly educated"-Trump
    Read pg2 of this thread http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/244989/the-donald-for-president/p2
    and this quote
    It is perplexing that I think this guy has a chance at winning.
    You Americans love celebrities.
    He has a seat at the table because he can't be bought. The apprentice has millions of viewers because of him and the audience appetite for what Donald is going to do or say.
    Love or hate him he is very powerful and influential.
    Regular politicians in this race are pissed because he doesn't need any financial support to keep him going.
    The billionaire rich are on a cloud that many of us will never experience and the world they live in is as foreign to us as the political level at which they play.
    Donald can win simply because of the insatiable appetite that americans have for celebrity gossip not for his political might.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844

Free said:

I'm not blaming her loss on sexism. I'm calling people out for expecting things of women they would never expect of men. If all you can say of her speech is that she didn't cry, you are completely incapable of hearing anything else she has to say.

She was completely without emotion during that concession speech. Her supporters are very emotional about her historic run at presidency, yet she talks like (what my spouse says) a robot. And she talked like the speech was almost rehearsed, though I wouldn't think it would be. She just lost after very much planning to win. It's very emotional. I expected her to be at the very least - HUMAN.

For god's sake - John Boehner is a man cry-baby. If you want to take emotion to that extreme, well, there you have it. And we've seen Obama tear up. It's called being Human, has nothing to do with feminism.
    Of course she's fairly controlled in her emotional expression. Her decades in politics have shown her many examples of women who were brushed off as being "overwrought" or "too emotional" or, always the favourite, "shrill", for showing anything other than stoicism.
    I felt very connected to her during her speech, as I do always when I listen to her. I cried for her courage, to have to stand up there and accept defeat and to encourage at least 1/4 of a pretty hopeless nation to remain hopeful. It was a very human moment for me.

Maybe it wasn't her. Maybe it was you.
    Me? I didn't even watch the damn speech :lol: . I'm just explaining why she's likely to be restrained (i.e. professional) in her demeanor. Do you really disagree that she is? It's a totally different thing than whether or not you feel connected to her.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

I'm sure it was hard for her to stand up there and admit defeat. I saw genuine emotion from her as she did it. However, I felt very little for her in that moment other than anger. Anger at her, anger at her campaign, anger at the DNC, anger at the entire Democratic Party. This was their failure and it has doomed us to Donald Trump.

I blame Trump voters most of all. Establishment Democrats are running a close second.

I felt anger at the campaign, too. I wanted to spit on Podesta and Huma-whatever-her-name-is, wondering how they could still be sitting there with the crap they were involved in. But then when Kaine spoke to introduce her, so much finally made sense to me. He spoke very eloquently of her deep sense of loyalty, that it was her most precious human quality. To me, it explains why she stood by her philandering husband and why she didn't fire the people who messed up and why people who actually know her like her and trust her. To the rest of the world, her loyalty is seen as a flaw, and it did cost her and us the election, so I don't know how to reconcile the anger with the understanding. I'm working on that. It's like studying a Greek tragedy, I swear.
    I hear you. For me Tim Kaine made it worse. I don't think he added anything to the ticket and listening to him talk hammered that home. Was a reminder of all the missteps and mistakes.
    Kaine didn't add pizzazz to the campaign ticket, but he would have been a fabulous vice president. It frustrates me, all this talk of perso

Free said:

I'm not blaming her loss on sexism. I'm calling people out for expecting things of women they would never expect of men. If all you can say of her speech is that she didn't cry, you are completely incapable of hearing anything else she has to say.

She was completely without emotion during that concession speech. Her supporters are very emotional about her historic run at presidency, yet she talks like (what my spouse says) a robot. And she talked like the speech was almost rehearsed, though I wouldn't think it would be. She just lost after very much planning to win. It's very emotional. I expected her to be at the very least - HUMAN.

For god's sake - John Boehner is a man cry-baby. If you want to take emotion to that extreme, well, there you have it. And we've seen Obama tear up. It's called being Human, has nothing to do with feminism.
    Of course she's fairly controlled in her emotional expression. Her decades in politics have shown her many examples of women who were brushed off as being "overwrought" or "too emotional" or, always the favourite, "shrill", for showing anything other than stoicism.
    I felt very connected to her during her speech, as I do always when I listen to her. I cried for her courage, to have to stand up there and accept defeat and to encourage at least 1/4 of a pretty hopeless nation to remain hopeful. It was a very human moment for me.

Me? I didn't even watch the damn speech :lol: . I'm just explaining why she's likely to be restrained (i.e. professional) in her demeanor. Do you really disagree that she is? It's a totally different thing than whether or not you feel connected to her.
    Yes, she is restrained in her speech.

It's not a character flaw to be so.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    He who laughs last...

https://youtu.be/XbygriZT1Xw

Amplify the laughter exponentially!
  • Options
    I am glad these stoned hippie, yappy twits didn't vote in the power they wanted.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-protests-portland-riot-1.3846868

Another night of nationwide protests against Donald Trump's U.S. election win came to a head in Portland, where thousands marched and some smashed store windows, lit firecrackers and sparked a dumpster blaze.
  • Options
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Jesus. And here I was thinking she saved her most genuine moment for two days after the campaign ended.

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

I am glad these stoned hippie, yappy twits didn't vote in the power they wanted.

Another night of nationwide protests against Donald Trump's U.S. election win came to a head in Portland, where thousands marched and some smashed store windows, lit firecrackers and sparked a dumpster blaze.

eventually the scum will flow down the sewer lines.......would that be hazardous waste ? LOL !!!!

Godfather.

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

eventually the scum will flow down the sewer lines.......would that be hazardous waste ? LOL !!!!

Godfather.

Just yesterday it was posted here that these were peaceful protest, I remember the left saying Trump supports would be a problem...I'm loving it, yeah no hate from some on the left.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    If situations were reversed, and there were anti Hilliary protests, Trumpb would be demanded to address his deplorables. All forms of media would be calling him out, social, radio, tv and cnn.
    Hillary, not so much.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    JC29856 said:

If situations were reversed, and there were anti Hilliary protests, Trumpb would be demanded to address his deplorables. All forms of media would be calling him out, social, radio, tv and cnn.
    Hillary, not so much.

Right.
  • Options
    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/projects/cp/opinion/election-night-2016/the-democrats-deadly-error

What Happened on Election Day

How the election and Donald Trump’s victory looks to Opinion writers.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844

JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

I'm sure it was hard for her to stand up there and admit defeat. I saw genuine emotion from her as she did it. However, I felt very little for her in that moment other than anger. Anger at her, anger at her campaign, anger at the DNC, anger at the entire Democratic Party. This was their failure and it has doomed us to Donald Trump.

I blame Trump voters most of all. Establishment Democrats are running a close second.

I felt anger at the campaign, too. I wanted to spit on Podesta and Huma-whatever-her-name-is, wondering how they could still be sitting there with the crap they were involved in. But then when Kaine spoke to introduce her, so much finally made sense to me. He spoke very eloquently of her deep sense of loyalty, that it was her most precious human quality. To me, it explains why she stood by her philandering husband and why she didn't fire the people who messed up and why people who actually know her like her and trust her. To the rest of the world, her loyalty is seen as a flaw, and it did cost her and us the election, so I don't know how to reconcile the anger with the understanding. I'm working on that. It's like studying a Greek tragedy, I swear.
    I hear you. For me Tim Kaine made it worse. I don't think he added anything to the ticket and listening to him talk hammered that home. Was a reminder of all the missteps and mistakes.
    Kaine didn't add pizzazz to the campaign ticket, but he would have been a fabulous vice president. It frustrates me, all this talk of perso

Free said:

I agree. I see it as a positive. If I have come across differently, then I really have to work on my own delivery.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Hillary, not so much.

Absolutely because he was the one who incited them. How quickly we forget about his campaign rhetoric. At no point did Hillary ever even slightly allude to this kind of stuff, but he practically did at every rally.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options

JC29856 said:

Hillary, not so much.

Absolutely because he was the one who incited them. How quickly we forget about his campaign rhetoric. At no point did Hillary ever even slightly allude to this kind of stuff, but he practically did at every rally.
    She didn't have to allude to it at all because her and her supporters thought they had it in the bag.
    Their deplorable actions and hate showing now have always been in them waiting for release on anyone who doesn't agree w/ them.
  • Options

JC29856 said:

Hillary, not so much.

She didn't have to allude to it at all because her and her supporters thought they had it in the bag.
    Their deplorable actions and hate showing now have always been in them waiting for release on anyone who doesn't agree w/ them.
    So a couple people in a large group who choose violence over peace define the group. And by the way they are protesting the hate filled rhetoric of Trump. Have you been paying attention?
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options

JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

Free said:

I agree. I see it as a positive. If I have come across differently, then I really have to work on my own delivery.
    I agree as well. I think her delivery when she conceded was everything we could expect. I might disagree with the decision to wait until the next morning but it would be a minor criticism at best. I understand why they did it.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,375

JC29856 said:

Hillary, not so much.

So a couple people in a large group who choose violence over peace define the group. And by the way they are protesting the hate filled rhetoric of Trump. Have you been paying attention?
    No the Trumpsters all forget all the hate he spewed and now he's a model citizen, to me he will be a Bafoon 4ever !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    JC29856 said:

• Options
    Remember remember 16' November
    Save this for Chelseas Senate run

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Robert Reich: It’s Time to Dismantle the Democratic Party and Start Anew

http://inthesetimes.com/article/19625/robert-reich-donald-trump-democratic-party-president

Trump’s victory only confirms that the Democratic Party as it stands is a corporate fundraising machine that doesn’t speak to the needs of working people. We need to build a party that actually represents the working class.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    This thread should be closed, this Clinton has lost, no room for her in the Trump Whitehouse...maybe the Clintons will go off and retire....
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    ^^^
    Agreed
    Hillary has lost.
    No need for this thread.
  • Options
    The thread is fine. The failure of the Clinton campaign and the Democrats is something that will be discussed for years.

• Options
    Clinton aides blame loss on everything but themselves

‘They are saying they did nothing wrong, which is ridiculous,’ one Democrat says.

This discussion has been closed.