Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Jason P said:

I feel that Hillary would have won if Bernie Sanders was her running mate. People got excited for Bernie. It's safe to assume that a portion of Bernie's supporters either didn't vote for Hillary or voted for Trump. That's important to remember: there were a lot of similarities between Sanders and Trump. CERTAINLY not in policy or rhetoric, but they definitely got people emotionally invested in their campaign, and both had kind of an "outsider" status (despite, oddly, Bernie being in Washington since 1991). I dunno. This election was as close as close can be. And where Tim Kaine contributed absolutely nothing...Sanders might have made a difference. I also think Hillary and Bernie showing they can work together and compromise on their disagreements would have contrasted well with Trump's "I'm right, everybody else is wrong attitude. With the benefit of hindsight, I bet she would have tapped Bernie. But when it was time to choose a running mate, she felt that Trump wasn't going to be a threat.

I think she was mad at Bernie for not dropping out early. Kaine was a puzzling choice. I think she picked him because he didn't have any baggage that could be used by the GOP to attack so she picked the most boring person available.
    Yeah and that's par-for-the-course for Hillary: feeling she deserves the nomination so much that Bernie should drop out and bow at her feet. In her defense, he did stick around a little long. Hillary, who was much closer to Obama in 2008 than Bernie was to her this year, dropped out two months prior to the DNC. But still, if she knew that Trump was going to be so tough, she might have pegged Bernie in a "desperate times call for desperate measures" sort of thing.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,477

I'm not blaming her loss on sexism. I'm calling people out for expecting things of women they would never expect of men. If all you can say of her speech is that she didn't cry, you are completely incapable of hearing anything else she has to say.

+1.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Jason P said:

I feel that Hillary would have won if Bernie Sanders was her running mate. People got excited for Bernie. It's safe to assume that a portion of Bernie's supporters either didn't vote for Hillary or voted for Trump. That's important to remember: there were a lot of similarities between Sanders and Trump. CERTAINLY not in policy or rhetoric, but they definitely got people emotionally invested in their campaign, and both had kind of an "outsider" status (despite, oddly, Bernie being in Washington since 1991). I dunno. This election was as close as close can be. And where Tim Kaine contributed absolutely nothing...Sanders might have made a difference. I also think Hillary and Bernie showing they can work together and compromise on their disagreements would have contrasted well with Trump's "I'm right, everybody else is wrong attitude. With the benefit of hindsight, I bet she would have tapped Bernie. But when it was time to choose a running mate, she felt that Trump wasn't going to be a threat.

I think she was mad at Bernie for not dropping out early. Kaine was a puzzling choice. I think she picked him because he didn't have any baggage that could be used by the GOP to attack so she picked the most boring person available.
    she should have picked Michelle. LOL

www.headstonesband.com

• rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Hillary is a liar, a hag, and a crony capitalist that can't even keep her husband in her own bed.

Such a idiotic comment. Trump can't keep himself in his wife's bed. What happened to personal responsibility? Hilarious that Trump supporters try to hang Bill's infidelities around Hillary when he clearly cheated on Ivana at a minimum and probably Marla. And he bragged about sleeping with married women. I can't wait until they try that shit again in the general. He is a POS and a draft dodger. But you know that already.
    It is not an idiotic comment.
    She will not be the next POTUS because she will forever be dogged with press questions about infidelity.
    Imagine Hillary addressing muslims?
    She didn't cheat on her husband. Trump cheated on his wives. Democrats naturally attract 53-55% of women voters. Do you really think attacking Hillary by blaming her for Bill's infidelities is going to attract the 62% of women voters necessary for Trump to win the election? Basically, you are saying that this line of attack is going to turn a natural 5% deficit into a 12% positive. I'm sorry, that's fantasy land. It is an idiotic comment because it's a politically untenable attack for Trump to take.
    97% of all statistics are made up, on the spot. Nice numbers Ace!
    Educate yourself a little bit please. I'm tired of you embarrassing yourself on these boards. It will also help you be prepared for Trump's general election loss. http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/03/donald-trump-needs-7-of-10-white-guys-213699
    Education is key!
    Where's he been? Must be videoing? lmao

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,870
    edited November 2016

Jason P said:

she should have picked Michelle. LOL
    Who knows, maybe she asked her! Obviously the Obamas have had enough though. At least for now. Michelle would be a wonderful candidate down the road a bit though. Perhaps, once they have had a good long time to decompress - long enough to miss the special power and priviledge and long enough to forget how awful it really was, lol - she will consider it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,115
    Democrats need a robust slate of candidates for 2020. Legitimate choices with diverse views. I don't know today who those candidates are. I honestly don't know for sure they are even out there. All I can do is hope that they are.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,870
    JimmyV said:

Democrats need a robust slate of candidates for 2020. Legitimate choices with diverse views. I don't know today who those candidates are. I honestly don't know for sure they are even out there. All I can do is hope that they are.

I just wish Bernie Sanders were 10 years younger.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    and Canadian right?
    rssesq said:

and Canadian right?

no, we're just fine, thank you.

www.headstonesband.com

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    rssesq said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Hillary is a liar, a hag, and a crony capitalist that can't even keep her husband in her own bed.

Such a idiotic comment. Trump can't keep himself in his wife's bed. What happened to personal responsibility? Hilarious that Trump supporters try to hang Bill's infidelities around Hillary when he clearly cheated on Ivana at a minimum and probably Marla. And he bragged about sleeping with married women. I can't wait until they try that shit again in the general. He is a POS and a draft dodger. But you know that already.
    It is not an idiotic comment.
    She will not be the next POTUS because she will forever be dogged with press questions about infidelity.
    Imagine Hillary addressing muslims?
    She didn't cheat on her husband. Trump cheated on his wives. Democrats naturally attract 53-55% of women voters. Do you really think attacking Hillary by blaming her for Bill's infidelities is going to attract the 62% of women voters necessary for Trump to win the election? Basically, you are saying that this line of attack is going to turn a natural 5% deficit into a 12% positive. I'm sorry, that's fantasy land. It is an idiotic comment because it's a politically untenable attack for Trump to take.
    97% of all statistics are made up, on the spot. Nice numbers Ace!
    Educate yourself a little bit please. I'm tired of you embarrassing yourself on these boards. It will also help you be prepared for Trump's general election loss. http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/03/donald-trump-needs-7-of-10-white-guys-213699
    Education is key!
    Where's he been? Must be videoing? lmao

Pizza and hot dogs!
    Wish Bernie was younger. Wish Warren was younger. Wish I had three or four more names on the tip of my tongue. I don't. The bench has time to grow but the bench is starting out very short.

Mrussel, Gern, Jose and Canucks .... It's OKAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIixVZ1y2zo&list=RDeIixVZ1y2zo#t=96
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    rssesq said:

Mrussel, Gern, Jose and Canucks .... It's OKAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIixVZ1y2zo&list=RDeIixVZ1y2zo#t=96

Favorite tag!
    my buddy at Yale said the university is offering special grief counseling for the student body and the students are requesting extra time to prepare for exams in light of the election results and all the stress it is now causing them. roflmao
    In case you were not aware, it is almost impossible for any student at Yale to receive a grade below a B. The professor must have anything undr a B approved by his faculty supervisor and not before offering the student extra credit in order to justify bumping said grade.

http://yaledailynews.com/blog/2016/11/10/students-denied-deans-excuses-in-wake-of-election/
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited November 2016

I'm not blaming her loss on sexism. I'm calling people out for expecting things of women they would never expect of men. If all you can say of her speech is that she didn't cry, you are completely incapable of hearing anything else she has to say.

She was completely without emotion during that concession speech. Her supporters are very emotional about her historic run at presidency, yet she talks like (what my spouse says) a robot. And she talked like the speech was almost rehearsed, though I wouldn't think it would be. She just lost after very much planning to win. It's very emotional. I expected her to be at the very least - HUMAN.

For god's sake - John Boehner is a man cry-baby. If you want to take emotion to that extreme, well, there you have it. And we've seen Obama tear up. It's called being Human, has nothing to do with feminism.
    Post edited by Free on
    JimmyV said:

Wish Bernie was younger. Wish Warren was younger. Wish I had three or four more names on the tip of my tongue. I don't. The bench has time to grow but the bench is starting out very short.

Yes, and it's sad.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    JimmyV said:

https://youtu.be/HKh6XxYbbIc
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Free said:

She was completely without emotion during that concession speech. Her supporters are very emotional about her historic run at presidency, yet she talks like (what my spouse says) a robot. And she talked like the speech was almost rehearsed, though I wouldn't think it would be. She just lost after very much planning to win. It's very emotional. I expected her to be at the very least - HUMAN.

For god's sake - John Boehner is a man cry-baby. If you want to take emotion to that extreme, well, there you have it. And we've seen Obama tear up. It's called being Human, has nothing to do with feminism.
    Of course she's fairly controlled in her emotional expression. Her decades in politics have shown her many examples of women who were brushed off as being "overwrought" or "too emotional" or, always the favourite, "shrill", for showing anything other than stoicism.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • ^^^
    Really?
    Now you through that card down?
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499

Free said:

Of course she's fairly controlled in her emotional expression. Her decades in politics have shown her many examples of women who were brushed off as being "overwrought" or "too emotional" or, always the favourite, "shrill", for showing anything other than stoicism.
    Or sedatives...
  • You guys want a younger version of Bernie? His name is Gavin Newsome and he's the Lt. Governor of California. Looks like a Ken doll and it wouldn't shock me one bit if he's the democratic nominee in 2020.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761

Free said:

I felt very connected to her during her speech, as I do always when I listen to her. I cried for her courage, to have to stand up there and accept defeat and to encourage at least 1/4 of a pretty hopeless nation to remain hopeful. It was a very human moment for me.

Maybe it wasn't her. Maybe it was you.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Free said:

I felt very connected to her during her speech, as I do always when I listen to her. I cried for her courage, to have to stand up there and accept defeat and to encourage at least 1/4 of a pretty hopeless nation to remain hopeful. It was a very human moment for me.

No maybe to it. It's clear.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    I'm sure it was hard for her to stand up there and admit defeat. I saw genuine emotion from her as she did it. However, I felt very little for her in that moment other than anger. Anger at her, anger at her campaign, anger at the DNC, anger at the entire Democratic Party. This was their failure and it has doomed us to Donald Trump.

I blame Trump voters most of all. Establishment Democrats are running a close second.

edited November 2016

Free said:

Free said:

Or maybe it was your pure devotion to Clinton causing you to see things differently.

I felt disengagement, lack of any real human emotion.
    Post edited by Free on
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/305499-huffpo-dnc-staffer-screams-at-donna-brazile-for-helping-elect

Screaming DNC staffer blames Donna Brazile for Trump win: report
    Brazile was addressing about 150 staffers in their first meeting since Donald Trump's victory in Tuesday's election when a staffer, identified as "Zach," stood up.

“Why should we trust you as chair to lead us through this? You backed a flawed candidate, and your friend [former DNC chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz] plotted through this to support your own gain and yourself,” he said, according to the report.

Zach faced boos and calls to sit down as he continued.

“You are part of the problem. You and your friends will die of old age and I’m going to die from climate change. You and your friends let this happen, which is going to cut 40 years off my life expectancy,” he added.

Brazile declined to tell the Huffington Post more about the incident, saying that “as you can imagine, the individual involved is a member for the staff and I personally do not wish to discuss our internal meetings."

A DNC official told The Hill that despite the exchange, Brazile received overwhelming support from the majority of the staff who applauded her positive message.

The official added that Brazile attempted to have a dialogue with the disgruntled staffer, who abruptly left the room.

Brazile became the interim DNC chairwoman in July, when Wasserman Schultz stepped down after leaked emails posted by WikiLeaks showed DNC officials plotting to help Clinton top Sen. Bernie Sanders in the party's presidential primary.

Brazile has faced controversies of her own, after leak emails appeared to show her leaking debate questions to Clinton in advance. Brazile strongly denied the accusations, saying she had no access to debate materials prior to the contest.
    The entire Clinton regime needs to be swapped out. Much easier said than done, I understand. But without new talent and new ideas at the top we will not see anything different in 2020.

• what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    JimmyV said:

I'm sure it was hard for her to stand up there and admit defeat. I saw genuine emotion from her as she did it. However, I felt very little for her in that moment other than anger. Anger at her, anger at her campaign, anger at the DNC, anger at the entire Democratic Party. This was their failure and it has doomed us to Donald Trump.

I blame Trump voters most of all. Establishment Democrats are running a close second.

I felt anger at the campaign, too. I wanted to spit on Podesta and Huma-whatever-her-name-is, wondering how they could still be sitting there with the crap they were involved in. But then when Kaine spoke to introduce her, so much finally made sense to me. He spoke very eloquently of her deep sense of loyalty, that it was her most precious human quality. To me, it explains why she stood by her philandering husband and why she didn't fire the people who messed up and why people who actually know her like her and trust her. To the rest of the world, her loyalty is seen as a flaw, and it did cost her and us the election, so I don't know how to reconcile the anger with the understanding. I'm working on that. It's like studying a Greek tragedy, I swear.
  • JimmyV said:

I felt anger at the campaign, too. I wanted to spit on Podesta and Huma-whatever-her-name-is, wondering how they could still be sitting there with the crap they were involved in. But then when Kaine spoke to introduce her, so much finally made sense to me. He spoke very eloquently of her deep sense of loyalty, that it was her most precious human quality. To me, it explains why she stood by her philandering husband and why she didn't fire the people who messed up and why people who actually know her like her and trust her. To the rest of the world, her loyalty is seen as a flaw, and it did cost her and us the election, so I don't know how to reconcile the anger with the understanding. I'm working on that. It's like studying a Greek tragedy, I swear.
    Maybe instead of wanting to spit on someone before hearing them out would be some good advice.

JimmyV said:

I hear you. For me Tim Kaine made it worse. I don't think he added anything to the ticket and listening to him talk hammered that home. Was a reminder of all the missteps and mistakes.

This discussion has been closed.