tonifig8 said:

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

tonifig8 said:

CM189191 said:

tonifig8 said:

CM189191 said:

tonifig8 said:

Julian Assange already said he'd turn himself in if they'd pardon Manning. You guys could have an end to all this email madness if you guys reach out to your candidate:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/05/us/chelsea-manning-tried-committing-suicide-a-second-time-in-october.html?_r=0

we don't negotiate with terrorists
    You better be careful with your comments. Or do you want me to correct you? I don't have the time, but for you I will make an exception.

Assange is not a terrorist and neither is Manning. You should be thanking them for the sacrifices they've made to humanity.
    How so?

18 U.S.C. § 2331
    "International terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:

Involve violent acts or acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
    Appear to be intended
    (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
    (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
    (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
    Occur primarily outside the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S., or transcend national boundaries in terms of the means by which they are accomplished, the persons they appear intended to intimidate or coerce, or the locale in which their perpetrators operate or seek asylum.*

Manning is a traitor, that's different. You will recall: there were charges brought, an arrest, a trial, guilty plea and sentencing. People keep trying to skip right to the end around here.
    exactly.
    moving on.
    No? You don't want to go down that path?

I used to have some semblance of respect for Assange and Wikileaks. Back when it seemed they were truly interested in transparency. But not anymore. How long have they been sitting on these emails? And they dribble them out weeks before the election to cause the most sensationalism. The argument could easily be made that Assange and his organization, actively promote hacking US officials, and trying to persuade an election. That would almost certainly fall under the definition of terrorism.
    I totally agree about Assange. I feel like he used to seem sane and had the public's interests in mind, and now he doesn't. No transparency, and he's just playing games with Americans now. It's bullshit.
    Of course you do.

Assange dumps the emails. You sort them out. That's about it. It's a shit load of emails and they're mostly sensational... Nothing in them really... and most of them occurred earlier this year. That's a lot of work for someone who is working from his mobile, picking up a single from Starbucks.

Clinton receives foreign money, but no that doesn't influence American politics. You're right. Clinton is a terrorist... wait.. we'll you know what I mean.

edit:
    wikileaks doesn't hack. Germany honored Assange, Manning, and Snowden with a statue. We should probably do the same. I'll contribute the first dollar.
    What do you mean "of course you do"? I ak talking about Assange here, not Clinton. I am not against the releasing of info generally (and I used to support Assange). But Assange is clearly playing games for his own weirdo motivations, and isn't being forthright or unbiased at all anymore. He is being manipulative with the information he has. That isn't what wikileaks was supposed to be about. (The fact that all these emails don't say anything is besides the point).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    Hillary destroys everything in her path, creating issues like this server that creates unnecessary problems and puts other people in no win situations like James Comey. Her actions have led to an internal rebellion in the FBI and we want someone like this as president?
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672

Hillary destroys everything in her path, creating issues like this server that creates unnecessary problems and puts other people in no win situations like James Comey. Her actions have led to an internal rebellion in the FBI and we want someone like this as president?

We don't, but trump. These powerful groups make it so that breaking free is almost impossible.
    Now get back in line and back to work. You've been warned.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    This is a great article about where things stand...it's pretty much anti-both candidates.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-clinton-trump-kass-1106-20161104-column.html

Time for everyone to choose their poison.
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    tonifig8 said:

Bill Maher and his guest were begging millennials to turn out for Clinton. Maher even talked down to us millennials, which I found a bit insulting. Seems like liberals are concerned. They even brought out the big guns for this one, Obama.....
    Congrats, Maher on finally getting Obama to appear on your show. That million dollar donation finally paid off.
    Oh, and when that petition came out last year I signed it and had a lot of friends/family sign it as well. Unfortunately Obama rejected the invitation. I'm guessing the situation is much more serious now. it's now due or die and allowed the interview..

Bill Maher has become the "Vote Hillary" Show. Him and his guests can bite me.
    edited November 2016

M

tonifig8 said:

Bill Maher and his guest were begging millennials to turn out for Clinton. Maher even talked down to us millennials, which I found a bit insulting. Seems like liberals are concerned. They even brought out the big guns for this one, Obama.....
    Congrats, Maher on finally getting Obama to appear on your show. That million dollar donation finally paid off.
    Oh, and when that petition came out last year I signed it and had a lot of friends/family sign it as well. Unfortunately Obama rejected the invitation. I'm guessing the situation is much more serious now. it's now due or die and allowed the interview..

You aren't a millennial are you? Quit taking yourself so seriously. Bernie said to put your support for him towards Hillary... If you can't do that then shut up and vote for Trump. Who gives a shit.
    No, he didn't. Kinda throws that defense of yours out of the water and makes me wonder if you actually were a Sanders supporter.
    We are not a movement where I can snap my fingers and say to you or to anybody else what you should do, because you won't listen to me. You shouldn't.
    http://www.snopes.com/bernie-sanders-told-supporters-hed-never-tell-them-how-to-vote/
    Post edited by Free on
    edited November 2016

Not many of us!
    unsung said:

Yeah, no kidding.
    BS44325 said:

This is a great article about where things stand...it's pretty much anti-both candidates.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-clinton-trump-kass-1106-20161104-column.html

Time for everyone to choose their poison.

Say what you wish about Donald Trump — and most everyone has — he's been right about one thing:

It's been rigged for Hillary Clinton. And it's been rigged from the inside, the Chicago Way.
    Yep!!
    Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Maher admitted last night that previous attacks on Bush, McCain and Romney was "crying wolf" but says that now he should be listened to on Trump. It is his fault that the character attacks on Trump aren't working this time around.
  • BS44325 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Maher admitted last night that previous attacks on Bush, McCain and Romney was "crying wolf" but says that now he should be listened to on Trump. It is his fault that the character attacks on Trump aren't working this time around.
    A certain segment of the population can't be reached or reasoned with.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,115
    BS44325 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

This is a problem that has long plagued both parties. Mitt Romney was not a monster. Neither was John Kerry. But around and around we go.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."

BS44325 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Speaking a bit out of context... But you should look in the mirror, in regards to your comment.
  • /\ Don't you have dozens of worthless e-mails to be posting in the other thread to do?

/\ Don't you have dozens of worthless e-mails to be posting in the other thread to do?

Worthless emails? Are you delusional? Honest question.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article112635048.html
  • tonifig8 said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Speaking a bit out of context... But you should look in the mirror, in regards to your comment.
    You mean hold a mirror up to my monitor and read my comment backwards?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • I was referring to the WikiLeaks e-mails you posted like ten in a row of in that thread. Not delusional. Based on that article I fall in the thirty something percent of voters who feel that what she did was unethical but not illegal. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of her.
    BS44325 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

The thing is Maher is a COMEDIAN, not anyone people should take seriously. Even Martin Short had to remind him last night!
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

I tell ya what, I will be a little slower to think the worst of any candidate after this shitshow of an election.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,561
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

I tell ya what, I will be a little slower to think the worst of any candidate after this shitshow of an election.
    I hope we all promote more worthy candidates next time. But how to convince the large number of voters out there to not settle for a Clinton or (admittedly worse) a Trump? I'm perplexed by that. I keep hearing in my head David Byrne with a twist ask: "Well, how did we get here?"
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

I hope we all promote more worthy candidates next time. But how to convince the large number of voters out there to not settle for a Clinton or (admittedly worse) a Trump? I'm perplexed by that. I keep hearing in my head David Byrne with a twist ask: "Well, how did we get here?"
    How is "voting your conscience" so difficult when fear is involved? Even when we know who's going to win this election, people still won't vote their conscience and will cast their vote out of fear.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,561
    Free said:

brianlux said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

How is "voting your conscience" so difficult when fear is involved? Even when we know who's going to win this election, people still won't vote their conscience and will cast their vote out of fear.
    I voted by mail already and for me it was very easy to vote for Stein- both because she most represents how I stand on issues and because California is not a swing state. I wish more people in non-swing states would vote fore her so we could get that 5% in order to receive public funding.

If I lived in some place like Florida, I'm sure voting would have been painful and I would probably have voted for Clinton based on, among other idiot beliefs of his, the fact that Trump thinks global warming is a hoax and because I don't want to see him have the codes that can unleash nuclear weapons. But I would surely not vote for Clinton expecting she will be much help that way. I would be one of those vote then puke people. So to some degree I understand why some people are voting for Hillary as a no vote for Trump. What I don't understand is why some are voting for her because they think she is great- especially those who didn't like her before the conventions.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Part 1.

Hillary Clinton took a donation to the Clinton Foundation from Saudi Arabia and then sent them an arms deal knowing full well that Saudi Arabia was then sending the arms to ISIS.

brianlux said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

I would agree but I have no doubt, as per Maher, that whoever the GOP nominates the other side will paint him or her as the most extreme candidate in the history of elections.
  • BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

I would agree but I have no doubt, as per Maher, that whoever the GOP nominates the other side will paint him or her as the most extreme candidate in the history of elections.
    and that the other side will attack the eventual Democratic nominee as a baby killing elitist out for your guns...
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    This thread and the Podesta emails thread are proof that all the liberals who complain about the influence of the corporations and the wealthy were completely disingenuous. They have no problem with corruption and political pay for play as long as it supports their candidate.

This thread and the Podesta emails thread are proof that all the liberals who complain about the influence of the corporations and the wealthy were completely disingenuous. They have no problem with corruption and political pay for play as long as it supports their candidate.

This x100
    But don't forget the fact that liberals/progressives are all about women's rights! However for the right price we could look the other way.... What a fucking joke.
    IL Gov Rod Blagojevich was sent to prison for attempting to sell the appointment for replacing the Obama Senate seat.

What Hillary is doing with the Clinton Foundation is so much worse.
This discussion has been closed.