Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672

I can respect that, but do we have to get post every time someone gets bent out of shape over an e-mail? There was a thread for that but they couldn't stay on point and it got locked.

It was locked up because pro-Clinton people started going off topic and posting funny meme's and things like that. Also, the moderator said something about it being Clinton related so it should all be under one umbrella. This thread has been locked up and cleaned up several times.

It's just the way things are. I was in support of those threads too. No victims. Just deal with it.

• KatKat Posts: 4,831

Kat said:

can I change my user name to Ban Hammer?

No, no no, I love your name. You can put it in your sig tho. :)
    you know who Hugh Dillon is?
    I do now, thanks. Your middle name is what makes it great.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,115

JimmyV said:

Kat said:

you know who Hugh Dillon is?
    I just realized I've always assumed he was an actor but really don't know if that is true or not.
    tha'ts how most non-canadians, or canadians my parents age, know him. he started out in the punk band the Headstones in the late 80's. He acted sporadically (Hard Core Logo) during that time, but when the band broke up in 2002, he became a full time actor. Durham County, Flashpoint, etc. Now he pulls double duty.

anyway, sorry for the derailment.
    Cool.

I'm always game for an interesting derailment. This qualified.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    edited November 2016
    CM189191 said:

Shouldn't a Hillary for President thread contain posts that are pro-Hillary/Anti-Trump, and not Pro-Trump/Anti-Hillary? Isn't that what the pro Trump thread is for?

You would think so, but it seems most people have moved from Pro-Trump/Anti-Hillary to just Anti-Hillary now. So at least we've moved past denial in the 5 stages of grief. But there's a lot of people still clinging to their anger. Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance are scheduled for sometime after 11/8.

Anger is a necessary stage of the healing process. Be willing to feel your anger, even though it may seem endless. The more you truly feel it, the more it will begin to dissipate and the more you will heal. There are many other emotions under the anger and you will get to them in time, but anger is the emotion we are most used to managing. The truth is that anger has no limits. Underneath anger is pain, your pain. It is natural to feel deserted and abandoned, but we live in a society that fears anger. Anger is strength and it can be an anchor, giving temporary structure to the nothingness of loss. At first grief feels like being lost at sea: no connection to anything. Then you get angry at someone. Suddenly you have a structure – – your anger toward them. The anger becomes a bridge over the open sea, a connection from you to them. It is something to hold onto; and a connection made from the strength of anger feels better than nothing. We usually know more about suppressing anger than feeling it. The anger is just another indication of the intensity of your love.

All we're really doing is posting their emails. Some of the stuff, such as giving candidates questions to debates in advance is disturbing to our democracy. So we're sort of speaking out against that.
    Maybe you're evaluation would be better served on the trump thread, although I don't think I've ever visited it so I can't claim to know what goes on there, but perhaps there there exist some depression...

CM189191 said:

Shouldn't a Hillary for President thread contain posts that are pro-Hillary/Anti-Trump, and not Pro-Trump/Anti-Hillary? Isn't that what the pro Trump thread is for?

You would think so, but it seems most people have moved from Pro-Trump/Anti-Hillary to just Anti-Hillary now. So at least we've moved past denial in the 5 stages of grief. But there's a lot of people still clinging to their anger. Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance are scheduled for sometime after 11/8.

Anger is a necessary stage of the healing process. Be willing to feel your anger, even though it may seem endless. The more you truly feel it, the more it will begin to dissipate and the more you will heal. There are many other emotions under the anger and you will get to them in time, but anger is the emotion we are most used to managing. The truth is that anger has no limits. Underneath anger is pain, your pain. It is natural to feel deserted and abandoned, but we live in a society that fears anger. Anger is strength and it can be an anchor, giving temporary structure to the nothingness of loss. At first grief feels like being lost at sea: no connection to anything. Then you get angry at someone. Suddenly you have a structure – – your anger toward them. The anger becomes a bridge over the open sea, a connection from you to them. It is something to hold onto; and a connection made from the strength of anger feels better than nothing. We usually know more about suppressing anger than feeling it. The anger is just another indication of the intensity of your love.

I can't speak for anyone else but while I've long been anti-Hillary I've also been anti-Trump. I focus much more of my attention on Clinton however because she and not he is going to be elected POTUS on Tuesday. That is not and has not ever been in doubt to me. So her flaws and warts and scandals matter much more to me because she is who we are going to be dealing with for the next four years. Trump meanwhile is going to slunk back to whatever greasy corner of this country he has previously inhabited.

• dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

It is a solid name you've got HFD. I wish I'd thought of a good name. I just pulled mine out of my butt at maybe 2AM one morning when I suddenly decided to register for the forum so I could comment on something, lol. It never occurred to me at the time that I'd be stuck with it for life (and it did not occur to me that P.J. Soles was that actress in Carrie until later either :lol: ). Oh well... I guess it's apt enough, if not cool. :glasses:

To stay on topic, I still just don't understand what anyone is seeing that's wrong about these Podesta emails. I've read a bunch of them and I have literally not seen a single thing untoward... but people keep acting like there is something untoward about them, but no one has managed to really explain why (without using fake info). :confused:
    Why don't you change your name? I've changed mine a few times.
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    JimmyV said:

CM189191 said:

I can't speak for anyone else but while I've long been anti-Hillary I've also been anti-Trump. I focus much more of my attention on Clinton however because she and not he is going to be elected POTUS on Tuesday. That is not and has not ever been in doubt to me. So her flaws and warts and scandals matter much more to me because she is who we are going to be dealing with for the next four years. Trump meanwhile is going to slunk back to whatever greasy corner of this country he has previously inhabited.
    Let's hope so, but it sounds like Trump TV is more likely. Or one of his spawn will run for House in 2018.
    Fwd: Africa Trip/NYT Story
    https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/47421

John -

Here is the info I sent to Gene for the same story. I will renew my apology for the large file size.

MM

Begin forwarded message:

Date: August 4, 2012 15:46:36 PDT
    To: Gene Sperling
    Subject: Africa Trip/NYT Story

I'm sorry for the large file size. This is the briefing we gave to the delegation for the trip.

Amy's story, as I think I told you, is about the Foundation as a family business.

I would encourage you not to make any news on HRC coming back to the Foundation, running for President, etc. etc., but you already knew that.

As much as you can talk about all three of them having a lifelong commitment to public service and that something you've seen first hand for 20 years, etc., I think you'll be in a good place.

Please let me know how you'd like me to handle connecting you with Amy.

And thank you for doing this, as always.

MM
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,476
    dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

It is a solid name you've got HFD. I wish I'd thought of a good name. I just pulled mine out of my butt at maybe 2AM one morning when I suddenly decided to register for the forum so I could comment on something, lol. It never occurred to me at the time that I'd be stuck with it for life (and it did not occur to me that P.J. Soles was that actress in Carrie until later either :lol: ). Oh well... I guess it's apt enough, if not cool. :glasses:

To stay on topic, I still just don't understand what anyone is seeing that's wrong about these Podesta emails. I've read a bunch of them and I have literally not seen a single thing untoward... but people keep acting like there is something untoward about them, but no one has managed to really explain why (without using fake info). :confused:
    yeah, i've had a few too. this is the one that stuck though.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• tonifig8 said:

John -

Here is the info I sent to Gene for the same story. I will renew my apology for the large file size.

MM

Begin forwarded message:

I'm sorry for the large file size. This is the briefing we gave to the delegation for the trip.

Amy's story, as I think I told you, is about the Foundation as a family business.

I would encourage you not to make any news on HRC coming back to the Foundation, running for President, etc. etc., but you already knew that.

As much as you can talk about all three of them having a lifelong commitment to public service and that something you've seen first hand for 20 years, etc., I think you'll be in a good place.

MM

So, tell me, what's so devilish here? Some context would be nice. It seems like a fairly typical public relations strategy message.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,869
    edited November 2016
    dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

Because it's how people know me now. Too late to change IMO. When people do that, nobody knows who they are, old friends can't find them, etc. I'll just stick with the name I was given (by myself). I'm like a Hilda or a Gertrude. I just have to accept it, haha.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

yeah, i've had a few too. this is the one that stuck though.
    To stay completely off topic, because I think it's important to get a break from this circus every once and awhile.

Kat is right, it's a great name.

Nobody knows what my name is in reference to, a character from one of my favorite movies.

I will give a cookie to anyone that knows what movie.

tonifig8 said:

John -

MM

Begin forwarded message:

MM

So, tell me, what's so devilish here? Some context would be nice. It seems like a fairly typical public relations strategy message.
    pffftfftt
    Only the MSM and critical thinkers care about context.
    Just give me my scandals in soundbites from anonymous sources. And videos that have been edited & spliced.
    edited November 2016
    Algeria and the Clinton Foundation
    How do you get removed from the terror list?
    By Donating straight to Haiti? Or go through the Clinton Foundation and pay a little extra to be removed?

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/46785

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/46353
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
    tonifig8 said:

By Donating straight to Haiti? Or go through the Clinton Foundation and pay a little extra to be removed?

probably by sending them new white house-like furniture.

www.headstonesband.com

She went to China and said, "Human rights are women's rights, and women's rights are human rights.”

She went to New Hampshire and said, "I have been a fan and I remain a fan of the Yankees."

Both took political courage. One has been undone in recent days by the Chicago Cubs. :wink:

tonifig8 said:

You want to talk about corruption? There's a reason why nobody donates directly to the Haitian government. Nearly all the aid there is coordinated by NGOs.
    And why wouldn't donating to Haiti would be a good way to get your country off the terror list? Like someone on probation doing community service.
    "Steve, with the occupation of Ninewah by ISIS, and of greater Kirkuk by the KRG, we have an interesting possibility. It is my understanding that the pipelines that brought Kurdish crude to Kirkuk to be shipped via the Kirkuk Ceyhan pipeline can be reversed. If this is so this provides an opportunity for the Northern Oil Company--part of the central government, to ship out up to 200,000 b/d (I think the pipeline would take that much, but would have to check. But clearly close to that as the Kurds on good days were sending up to 175,000 b/d to Kirkuk. See attachment for layout (slightly obsolete) of pipelines. Pipeline running between Kirkuk (hidden by white legend ballon) and the Kurdish net is in black running northwest-southeast.)

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/48234#efmAFOAQ7
    the mods did the same with the trump threads months ago that they are doing with the clinton threads now. do you really have to play the kindergarten blame game with that too?

www.headstonesband.com

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,869
    :lol: Oh, you guys are too much. :get_outta_here:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    unsung said:

tonifig8 said:

I can respect that, but do we have to get post every time someone gets bent out of shape over an e-mail? There was a thread for that but they couldn't stay on point and it got locked.

It was locked up because pro-Clinton people started going off topic and posting funny meme's and things like that. Also, the moderator said something about it being Clinton related so it should all be under one umbrella. This thread has been locked up and cleaned up several times.

It's just the way things are. I was in support of those threads too. No victims. Just deal with it.

The second was on topic and was locked too.

I'm guessing they are just trying to keep these details under wraps.
    Yeah, if we can keep a lid on the emails here they won't get out. Haha.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125
    dignin said:

unsung said:

tonifig8 said:

Yes we are all conspiring to get her elected lol
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    edited November 2016
    https://imgur.com/jlFCx4A

Hillary hangs out with Huma and Marina.
    Post edited by unsung on
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited November 2016
    even CNN is admitting Clinton is slipping and key states are leaning Trump, uh oh

Maine has gone Blue last 6 elections and now is leaning Trump...yikes

New Hampshirs Blue 5 of the last 6 has become a battleground

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/04/politics/road-to-270-electoral-college-map-november-4-duplicate/index.html
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
    dignin said:

unsung said:

tonifig8 said:

hahaha, you beat me to it.

www.headstonesband.com

• The political path to 270 electoral votes for Hillary Clinton runs through a sub board on a message board of a band that's been around 25 years...so obviously Kat has a motive for closing those threads.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125
    pjalive21 said:

even CNN is admitting Clinton is slipping and key states are leaning Trump, uh oh

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/04/politics/road-to-270-electoral-college-map-november-4-duplicate/index.html

Good news for you correct Trump will be president and all will be great in this country, specially after the last 8 yrs of Obama I can't stand it that my 403 has now doubled since he took office and it does suck to see economy not doing so well yeah Trump will be a huge improvement lol ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited November 2016

pjalive21 said:

Good news for you correct Trump will be president and all will be great in this country, specially after the last 8 yrs of Obama I can't stand it that my 403 has now doubled since he took office and it does suck to see economy not doing so well yeah Trump will be a huge improvement lol ...
    Does the world revolve around you?

edit:
    lol
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited November 2016
    IT Manager for State Dept. who worked directly with Huma and Hillary to correct an issue with her private server was never contacted by FBI about Hillary investigation.
    IT was instructed back in 2010 to never discuss this again, this being Hillary private server.
    Post edited by JC29856 on
This discussion has been closed.