Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,857
    edited November 2016
    brianlux said:

CM189191 said:

brianlux said:

CM189191 said:

brianlux said:

I'm still fascinated by the support being thrown to Hillary- by people who previously were against her- who either are voting for "lesser of two evils" or now somehow are convinced that all the things they didn't like about Hillary are "not so bad after all"- I believe this is what is known as cognitive dissonance.

We get it, she's not perfect. Yes, she has some flaws. And in spite of the constant fishing expeditions, some people think she's not so bad after all very qualified for the position. In fact, every time there's a new accusation, I learn something more about Hillary that makes me like her more.
    Fact is, if Jesus Christ himself were running, the Right would smear him for running around with hookers and open an investigation into Temple-gate.
    It's not cognitive dissonance. It's using critical thinking to see past the political theater.
    I'm guessing you have been a Hillary supporter from the get go- that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about people who prior to the convention where strongly critical of HRC and now are saying, "oh, she isn't so bad after all" and even strongly defending her. Please don't alter the content of what I'm asking here.
    What's the point of running a campaign, if not to change people's minds? Hillary made her case, people listened, and decided to get behind her. Wasn't that the point of travelling around the country glad-handing for the last few months?
    I'm not sure it was Hillary who changed the minds of the people I'm referring to. I think it was fear of not being able to change that which you have no control over (which has created a lot of cognitive dissonance) and a passionate dislike of Trump. Suddenly, for these people (not you), she is "not so bad".
    Those are some pretty presumptuous conclusions there Brian. I think many people really have considered facts and really had their minds changed by reality. Many are realizing that the email "scandal" that upset them so isn't actually as big a scandal as they were lead to believe. The FBI thing hurt Clinton's campaign short term, but I think it may have also had a positive impact on the campaign overall, because it really got people examining just what the fuck Hillary did that was so wrong they're supposed to hate her to their core.... and they are finding that the whole thing more seems like an overwrought witch hunt. They are realizing that Clinton isn't as bad as so many people have been duped into believing for so long.
    That said, strategic voting is also a perfectly valid thing to do, and it doesn't deserve these negative labels that you and Free and couple others like to put on it. To vote for someone to prevent someone much worse from winning is just smart and practical and truly what they consider the right thing to do, not cowardly, as some are trying to make it seem.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

CM189191 said:

brianlux said:

CM189191 said:

brianlux said:

I'm still fascinated by the support being thrown to Hillary- by people who previously were against her- who either are voting for "lesser of two evils" or now somehow are convinced that all the things they didn't like about Hillary are "not so bad after all"- I believe this is what is known as cognitive dissonance.

We get it, she's not perfect. Yes, she has some flaws. And in spite of the constant fishing expeditions, some people think she's not so bad after all very qualified for the position. In fact, every time there's a new accusation, I learn something more about Hillary that makes me like her more.
    Fact is, if Jesus Christ himself were running, the Right would smear him for running around with hookers and open an investigation into Temple-gate.
    It's not cognitive dissonance. It's using critical thinking to see past the political theater.
    I'm guessing you have been a Hillary supporter from the get go- that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about people who prior to the convention where strongly critical of HRC and now are saying, "oh, she isn't so bad after all" and even strongly defending her. Please don't alter the content of what I'm asking here.
    What's the point of running a campaign, if not to change people's minds? Hillary made her case, people listened, and decided to get behind her. Wasn't that the point of travelling around the country glad-handing for the last few months?
    I'm not sure it was Hillary who changed the minds of the people I'm referring to. I think it was fear of not being able to change that which you have no control over (which has created a lot of cognitive dissonance) and a passionate dislike of Trump. Suddenly, for these people (not you), she is "not so bad".
    Those are some pretty presumptuous conclusions there Brian. I think many people really have considered facts and really had their minds changed by reality. Many are realizing that the email "scandal" that upset them so isn't actually as big a scandal as they were lead to believe. The FBI thing hurt Clinton's campaign short term, but I think it may have also had a positive impact on the campaign overall, because it really got people examining just what the fuck Hillary did that was so wrong they're supposed to hate her to their core.... and they are finding that the whole thing more seems like an overwrought witch hunt. They are realizing that Clinton isn't as bad as so many people have been duped into believing for so long.
    That said, strategic voting is also a perfectly valid thing to do, and it doesn't deserve these negative labels that you and Free and couple others like to put on it. To vote for someone to prevent someone much worse from winning is just smart and practical and truly what they consider the right thing to do, not cowardly, as some are trying to make it seem.
    Where is your source? Where did you read or hear about people feeling duped?
    Sounds like a nice pro-clinton speech.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    tonifig8 said:

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

CM189191 said:

brianlux said:

CM189191 said:

brianlux said:

Where is your source? Where did you read or hear about people feeling duped?
    Sounds like a nice pro-clinton speech.
    agreed....
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Peter Kadzik (the current assistant attorney general of DoJ) was attorney to Mark Rich! He lobbied Podesta (then white house chief of staff) for the pardon that Bill Clinton eventually granted. He also was attorney to Podesta in the Lewinsky affair. Podesta recommended Kadzik to the Obama administration for his current job. Podesta assisted Kadzik's son in finding a job in the current Clinton campaign. Kadzik has also donated to (earlier?) Hillary Clinton campaigns.

Date: Tuesday, May 19, 2015
    Subject: Heads up
    To: John Podesta

There is a HJC oversight hearing today where the head of our Civil Division will testify. Likely to get questions on State Department emails.
    layers and layers and layers of corruption or simply coincedences?

Current FBI Director James Comey sat on the board of banking giant HSBC.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/outrageous-hsbc-settlement-proves-the-drug-war-is-a-joke-20121213
    The same Banking Giant that launders drug cartel money. And has been caught, charged and fined for doing so.
    https://investments.hsbc.co.uk/news/company/24989264/glencore-gallops-higher-as-liberum-bullish-on-china-s-coal-policy
    HSBC is also responsible for many of Glencore's investments. Again, Glencore was founded by the criminal Marc Rich, who paid for a pardon by former President Bill Clinton. A pardon which was investigated by James Comey, who sat on the board of HSBC, which laundered drug cartel money, and did business with a company that worked intimately with drug traffickers. Comey found "No evidence of criminal activity."
    Why are the Saudi's, Qatar, and the Democrats interested in Glencore?
    http://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Glencore-Seeks-To-Offset-Weak-Year-With-Iran-Libya-Oil-Trading.html
    https://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/apr/21/glencore-trade-iran-supplier-nuclear
    http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/tag/glencore/
    http://time.com/4055466/glencore/
    http://m.4-traders.com/GLENCORE-PLC-8017494/news/Glencore-Yemen-crude-exports-resume-at-a-trickle-from-Ash-Shihr-Oil-Terminal-22861238/
    Glencore is a trading company. They trade lots of things.
    Once Gadaffi fell in 2011, they began trading Libyan oil again.
    They trade Yemen's oil
    They trade Iraqi oil.
    Once the Iran deal was hitched, they began trading Iranian copper.
    In 2012 and 2013, they were caught trading aluminum to Iran's nuclear program(which was against international law at the time).
    And as Time reads, government policy since 2008 has made it so Glencore could sit back and make "EASY MONEY"

Wikileaks has shown us Saudi Arabia and Qatar, Glencore investors TIED to Joule Unlimited and John Podesta, and thus in multiple directions James Comey,
    Qatar Gave Bill Clinton $1 million for a 5 minute meeting in 2011
    $1 million for a five minute meeting in 2011, Gadaffis fall in 2011, Saudi Arabia invests $400 million into Glencore in 2011, Glencore begin trading Libyan Oil in 2011.
    Hilliary Clinton has said repeatedly, I made a mistake lets move on... Comey based on new evidence (that contradicts statements made by Hilliarys camp) reopens the case, lets wait before we move on.
    Hilliary Clinton has said repeatedly, Trump has ties to Russia Russia Russia... FBI investigates and concludes Trump has no ties to Russia

If at any point evidence presents itself that Trump is tied to Russia Russia Russia, then the FBI can reopen the investigation and announce it publicly.

Furthermore, Hilliary has said Russia Russia Russia has hacked the US per 17 intelligence agencies/sources without a drop of proof pudding.
    So far the FBI has opened the vault and has/have released files relating to Hillary Clinton's emails, The William J Clinton Foundation and Vince Foster.

https://vault.fbi.gov/hillary-r.-clinton

https://vault.fbi.gov/william-j.-clinton-foundation

https://vault.fbi.gov/vincent-foster
    Clinton received a congressional subpoena on March 4, 2015
    Emails from March 2nd and 3rd...but we are going to have to dump all those emails so better to do so sooner than later..
    https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/41841

“Did you have any idea of the depth of this story?” Podesta asked campaign manager Robby Mook late on March 2, 2015, the day the New York Times revealed that Clinton had exclusively used a private account as secretary.

“Nope,” Mook replied early the next day. “We brought up the existence of emails in [research] this summer but were told that everything was taken care of.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/fbi-to-conduct-new-investigation-of-emails-from-clintons-private-server/2016/10/28/0b1e9468-9d31-11e6-9980-50913d68eacb_story.html
    https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/2098

Need to read attachments... How to get around election law to raise big $ thru super pac
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,927
    tonifig8 said:

So far the FBI has opened the vault and has/have released files relating to Hillary Clinton's emails, The William J Clinton Foundation and Vince Foster.

https://vault.fbi.gov/hillary-r.-clinton

https://vault.fbi.gov/william-j.-clinton-foundation

https://vault.fbi.gov/vincent-foster

Yes, in response to FOIA requests filed ages ago. FBIs timing is a little curious though....
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,538
    edited November 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

CM189191 said:

brianlux said:

CM189191 said:

brianlux said:

Not really, PJ_S, I'm talking about people I know well or at least fairly well.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/5616

Re: Happy New Year

From:john.podesta@gmail.com To: donna@brazileassociates.com Date: 2016-01-03 19:33 Subject: Re: Happy New Year

Thanks Donna. Holed up in the bunker and miss seeing you. On Sunday, January 3, 2016, Donna Brazile wrote: > As soon as the nomination is wrapped up, I will be your biggest surrogate.
    Through internal discussions, we concluded that it was in our interest to: 1) limit the number of debates (and the number in each state); 2) start the debates as late as possible; 3) keep debates out of the busy window between February 1 and February 27, 2016 (Iowa to South Carolina); 4) create a schedule that would allow the later debates to be cancelled if the race is for practical purposes over; 5) encourage an emphasis on local issues and local media participants in the debate formats; and 6) ensure a format that provides equal time for all candidates and does not give the moderator any discretion to focus on one candidate.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/5688#efmASYAcT

Just run of the mill democracy stuff!
    No intent! Isn't honesty the best policy?

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/5711

Sorry to miss the 10. Was on with HRC. I'm very nervous about doing the screw up line by paper. That has to come from her.

Attaching here two versions of this statement, one for delivery and one for paper. I'd also like to focus our attention on the key lines about the server, which may need work: "Right now, different government agencies are debating what might possibly now be declared classified, and what’s appropriate to release to the public. Different federal bureaucracies handle these questions differently. So it’s no surprise that many Americans find this all pretty confusing. I hope the State Department and other relevant authorities will sort it out as quickly as possible and release as many emails as possible, as unredacted as possible. *In the meantime, I want to set to rest any questions about the current security of these files. So I’m handing over my email server and a thumb drive with copies of all the emails already provided to the State Department..." * On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 9:05 AM, Dan Schwerin wrote: > Circling back to this. John, you said you might have ideas on how to edit > the server sentence? Brian just floated whether we should say "I messed up" > instead of "this was a screw-up." What do folks think about that? Other > edits we should make? And then what are next steps here?
    Can't make this up.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/2488

Folks -- a terrific addition to the HHS team would be Dr. Susan J. Blumenthal. She's the wife of Rep. Ed Markey, a crucial Hill ally. She retired from the HHS Public Health Service as a Rear Admiral. I pulled the bio below from the Center for the Study of the Presidency. She'd obviously be especially terrific looking at the PHS, NIH, Women's Health. She knows a lot about where bodies are buried. Pretty important to include her somehow. OK? Please let me know. I'm having dinner with Markey on Monday.
    What's not to trust about wikileaks?

EMAILID 5469 Huma reveals there is a "Friend of Hillary" list which is available for rental. Seems like some shady shit because even Human wants to discuss off email: "We should be thoughtful about any group that wants to rent Friend of Hillary list now because there is interest. This is also probably best discussed off email." https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/5469
    EMAILID 5512 Email chain about Hillary being extremely weak on the topic of standing up to Wall Street. Not even her own campaign staff believes she is credible on Wall Street. Even though she told Wall St. to cut it out. "I believe we started out the campaign about 20 points behind Sanders in Iowa on the question of who would best stand up to Wall Street and that was when we were about 40 points ahead. If you want to make the question of the campaign, who will best stand up to Wall Street, Sanders is the answer and he'll give you $35 million reasons why." https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/5512
    Email 43758: DeBlasio As A Surrogate On Clinton Wall Street Speeches - "I'm Trying, Brother, But This One Is Hard To Defend."

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/43758
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    "This investigation will continue whether she wins or not, but assuming she wins and the investigation goes forward, and it looks like an indictment is pending, at that point of time in the Constitution, the House of Representatives would engage in an impeachment trial," McCaul said referring to a House investigation into Clinton's e-mails. "It would go to the Senate, and impeachment proceedings and removal would take place."

McCaul then went on to compare Clinton to Richard Nixon who resigned from the White House rather than face impeachment.

"I would hate to see this country be thrown into a constitutional crisis because of Hillary Clinton's behavior," McCaul said.
    where does the cheating end? cheated primary voters, cheated on debates

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/thornton-law-firm-straw-donor-scheme-bonuses-boston-globe-spotlight/
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    rgambs said:

unsung said:

Probably better than the EPA that destroys rivers in Colorado.

Hahaha that one MAJOR screw-up must be getting tired from propping up your entire anti-EPA argument all the time.
    I remember offering you 100$ dollars to swim in Bubbly Creek when you denied the need and usefulness of the EPA, I am glad you didn't take me up on that, the health risk isn't worth 1000$ (in gold, even lol), let alone 100$
    And nobody was prosecuted over that event.
    edited November 2016
    Edward Snowden: 'I'm willing to make a lot of sacrifices for my country'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6tkThnjnfY
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Authorities now believe there is about a 99 percent chance that up to five foreign intelligence agencies may have accessed and taken emails from Hillary Clinton’s private server, two separate sources with intimate knowledge of the FBI investigations told Fox News.

The revelation led House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Michael McCaul to describe Clinton’s handling of her email system during her tenure as secretary of state as “treason.”

“She exposed [information] to our enemies,” McCaul said on “Fox & Friends” Thursday morning. “Our adversaries have this very sensitive information. … In my opinion, quite frankly, it’s treason.”

McCaul, R-Texas, said that FBI Director James Comey told him previously that foreign adversaries likely had gotten into her server. When Comey publicly discussed the Clinton email case back in July, he also said that while there was no evidence hostile actors breached the server, it was “possible” they had gained access.

Clinton herself later pushed back, saying the director was merely “speculating.”

But sources told Fox News that Comey should have said at the time there is an “almost certainty” that several foreign intelligence agencies hacked into the server.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/03/sources-99-percent-chance-foreign-intel-agencies-breached-clinton-server.html

maybe she will be arrested.....LOL !!

Godfather.
    Updates in the ongoing FBI investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private server 11-3-16

DOJ tried to force FBI to destroy laptops

The Clinton Foundation has been under investigation for possible pay-to-play for over a year

Any immunity deals are void if the person lied to the FBI

New emails have been found on Huma Abedin's computer

FBI Now 99% Certain at Least 5 Foreign Agencies Hacked Into Hillary’s Server

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/11/breaking-fbi-now-99-certain-least-5-foreign-services-hacked-hillarys-server/

The FBI never asked Hillary Clinton's top aides to turn over all the computers and smartphones they used while Clinton was Secretary of State https://www.reddit.com/r/WayOfTheBern/comments/5avl3l/updates_in_the_ongoing_fbi_investigation_of/ http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/fbi-hillary-clinton-devices-230592

Bret Baier: FBI Sources Believe Clinton Foundation Case Moving Towards "Likely an Indictment"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/11/02/fbi_sources_tell_fox_news_indictment_likely_in_clinton_foundation_case.html

President Obama has interfered with the FBI investigation of Hillary Clinton by criticizing James Comey, his own FBI director, in an interview that appears to have been given specifically for spin and propaganda purposes to protect Hillary Clinton

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/11/02/barack-obama-smacks-down-his-own-fbi-chief-james-comey.html

Eric Holder was the Deputy Attorney General advising Bill Clinton about pardons when the Marc Rich pardon was granted by Pesident Clinton

"As deputy AG, Holder was in charge of advising the president on the merits of various petitions for pardon. Jack Quinn, a lawyer for Rich, approached Holder about clemency for his client. Quinn was a confidant of (Vice-President) Al Gore..."

"U.S. Pardon Attorney, Roger Adams, testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee on 2/14/01 that with respect to Rich and Green, 'none of the regular procedures were followed.'

Former Deputy Attorney General Eric Holder previously testified that he was the only person at DOJ notified of the pardon sought by Rich. Holder was contacted directly by Jack Quinn, Marc Rich's attorney, and former White House Counsel."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/2013/07/02/marc_rich_presidential_pardon_how_eric_holder_facilitated_the_most_unjust.html

More about Marc Rich:

Rich donated $450,000 to Clinton’s presidential library and made large donations to the DNC

Rich was indicted 1983, for tax evasion, wire fraud, racketeering, trading with the enemy (Iran, Libya, Cuba, and apartheid South Africa). At the time of his pardon in 2001 Rich was a fugitive from justice living in Switzerland

From /u/robspear: Here is an old article recounting some of the history, and making the argument that Holder's role in the pardon disqualified him as a candidate to be AJ under Obama.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/01/AR2008120102403.html

Context: Eric Holder was Attorney General under President Obama. He was replaced by Loretta Lynch. Holder was the DOJ selection on the list of appointees Citigroup's recommended to President Obama.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/8190

See: http://wallstreetonparade.com/2016/10/wikileaks-citigroup-exec-gave-obama-recommendation-of-hillary-for-state-eric-holder-for-doj/

Hillary Clinton was a Corporate Lawyer for 15 years - the longest she was at any job

http://www.wsj.com/articles/hillary-clintons-forgotten-career-corporate-lawyer-1477674562

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2008/03/14/hillary-clinton-corporate-lawyer/

There's chatter about Hillary Clinton and child trafficking in Haiti

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Life_Children's_Refuge_case

Here's a link a discussion about Laura Sibley Director of New Life Laura Silsby, former director of The New Life Children's Refuge in Haiti. She and others were charged with criminal association and kidnapping for trying to smuggle 33 children out of Haiti. Most of the children were not orphans.

https://np.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/5aupnh/breaking_i_believe_i_have_connected_a_convicted/

Site with the most damaging emails from the Wikileaks Podesta email leak:

http://www.mostdamagingwikileaks.com

Context for the FBI investigation into Clinton's use of a private server she secretly stashed in the basement of her home

Here's the letter FBI Director James Comey sent to Congress: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cv3su4-UAAQ3LIu.jpg

Hillary Clinton FBI email probe press conference 10-28-16 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xd5Fgo9KZA&feature=youtu.be

Hillary Clinton's March 10,2015 statement about having a private server secretly stashed in her basement http://time.com/3739541/transcript-hillary-clinton-email-press-conference/

Summary of facts from the FBI investigation about Hillary Clinton's private server http://np.reddit.com/r/WayOfTheBern/comments/51b6hn/shocking_summary_of_facts_from_the_fbi/

Hillary Clinton had 3 servers stashed in her basement http://np.reddit.com/r/WayOfTheBern/comments/50uuy0/clinton_had_two_email_server_systems_according_to/

Hillary Clinton knew using her Blackberry was a national security risk http://np.reddit.com/r/WayOfTheBern/comments/56gbj6/wikileaks_emails_show_clinton_knew_of_security/

Prior updates about the renewed FBI investigation of Hillary Clinton:

11-2-16 https://np.reddit.com/r/WayOfTheBern/comments/5apqpb/updates_in_the_ongoing_fbi_investigation_into/

11-1-16 https://np.reddit.com/r/WayOfTheBern/comments/5ai0m9/updates_in_the_ongoing_fbi_investigation_into/

10-31-16 https://np.reddit.com/r/WayOfTheBern/comments/5ab5oa/ongoing_updates_about_the_fbi_investigation_of/

10-30-16 https://np.reddit.com/r/WayOfTheBern/comments/59zv8z/fbi_investigation_megathread_update/
This discussion has been closed.