Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/heritage-foundation-raises-cash-to-help-gop-senators-block-supreme-court-nominees_us_58190747e4b0f96eba968e4c

For one branch of government to plot to bring the other two branches to its knees defines treason to me. If they continue in their plotting and treachery, I'd like to see the Justice Dept bring them all up on charges of treason. The trials would be a great lesson in government too.

Wow. What you just argued for is basically facism. The US has a system of check and balances. The branches are separate but equal and if one branch wants to check another branch it is completely acceptable wether you like it or not. Suggesting a congress elected by voters should be charged with treason is the height of political extremism. It is the kind of thing that happens in Maduro's Venezuela, Erdogan's Turkey, or dare I say it...Putin's Russia. People worry about Trump being a dictator but it is Clinton's base that is pushing for dictatorial actions.
    BS44325 said:

Kat said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/heritage-foundation-raises-cash-to-help-gop-senators-block-supreme-court-nominees_us_58190747e4b0f96eba968e4c

For one branch of government to plot to bring the other two branches to its knees defines treason to me. If they continue in their plotting and treachery, I'd like to see the Justice Dept bring them all up on charges of treason. The trials would be a great lesson in government too.

Wow. What you just argued for is basically facism. The US has a system of check and balances. The branches are separate but equal and if one branch wants to check another branch it is completely acceptable wether you like it or not. Suggesting a congress elected by voters should be charged with treason is the height of political extremism. It is the kind of thing that happens in Maduro's Venezuela, Erdogan's Turkey, or dare I say it...Putin's Russia. People worry about Trump being a dictator but it is Clinton's base that is pushing for dictatorial actions.
    That's some twist you're putting on what I said. Read it carefully. I clearly said one branch is acting in a treasonous manner (and it's also unAmerican) to try and shut down the other two branches of government. I love my country and I'm sick of obstructionism. No more.
    You said that you want to see the justice department bring them up on charges for treason. There is no twist in that. You want to criminalize elected representatives for failing to vote in a manner you see fit. Just think about that for a bit.
    No, I think she is saying their continuous refusal to put a vote is treason. Not how they vote.

Someone mentioned the voters elected these people, well, elections matter. They voted people in to vote on bills. Not be sore losers.
    No. Those people were voted in to exercise the will of those who sent them there. That will sometimes includes blocking votes when possible. It is not treason and to demand charges be brought against those who block votes within the rules is facism. This is a very dangerous game people are playing as you are advocating for actions that you wouldn't want a President Trump to take.
    Where is the proof that the "will of those who sent them there" is to prevent SCOTUS nominations?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    When the election results are posted online a week early...

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    unsung said:

?????
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

^^^ Sorry PJ_S. I know you say what you mean, I'm just surprised you know of none who would do that.

I'm surprised you do.
    My own sister has been berating my other sisters into voting for Hillary Clinton just because "they are women". The guilt trip doesn't work.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,409
    BS44325 said:

Kat said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

That's some twist you're putting on what I said. Read it carefully. I clearly said one branch is acting in a treasonous manner (and it's also unAmerican) to try and shut down the other two branches of government. I love my country and I'm sick of obstructionism. No more.
    You said that you want to see the justice department bring them up on charges for treason. There is no twist in that. You want to criminalize elected representatives for failing to vote in a manner you see fit. Just think about that for a bit.
    it's not that they aren't voting a certain way but they aren't voting at all. because they know they will lose if they bring it up to vote. it might not be treason but they are failing to do the job they were elected to do. yea i don't think they should be tried for treason but they sure as hell should be called out for it. they are stalling the very democracy they were elected to govern under.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    JC29856 said:

unsung said:

?????
    JC you of all people haven't seen this? they got busted posting election results just under a week early
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,451
    Free said:

benjs said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

LOL, people that are ready for this actually have places away from cities. Yep, people are going to die. This system is unsustainable.

And no, I don't live in Chicago, I'm not a freaking idiot.

Now I have a better understanding about your beliefs about racial purity.
    You know nothing John Snow.
    The segregation around that area breeds cultural ignorance unless the person really makes an effort to overcome it. When they don't do that, the ignorance really fuels fear.
    Let's keep the convo on important matters, right Kat
    Like how we are all just clintonite sheep? Bah.

That reminds me...I got another raise after the fundraising boost due to the FBI investigation. Apparently it really fired up the donors.

Oh I could careless, but it appears you aren't paying attention. She said the thread would be closed if we kept it up.. So in good faith, and in hopes of letting real info spread, I'm doing my part and no longer referring to the clintonite army as such. you guys are now the pro-Clinton team.

I don't see what the issue was with clintonites- just like berniebros ... Not a big deal or offensive. Anyhow. Just trying to keep this from shutting down
    I don't think it was the Clintonites comment at all - Kat was pretty clear about the fact that calling each other "full of shit" and the like on a regular basis are unacceptable. Not suggesting that you've said anything like this, but others have.
    and I have no regrets.
    benjs said:

benjs said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

LOL, people that are ready for this actually have places away from cities. Yep, people are going to die. This system is unsustainable.

The segregation around that area breeds cultural ignorance unless the person really makes an effort to overcome it. When they don't do that, the ignorance really fuels fear.

That reminds me...I got another raise after the fundraising boost due to the FBI investigation. Apparently it really fired up the donors.

Oh I could careless, but it appears you aren't paying attention. She said the thread would be closed if we kept it up.. So in good faith, and in hopes of letting real info spread, I'm doing my part and no longer referring to the clintonite army as such. you guys are now the pro-Clinton team.

I don't see what the issue was with clintonites- just like berniebros ... Not a big deal or offensive. Anyhow. Just trying to keep this from shutting down
    I don't think it was the Clintonites comment at all - Kat was pretty clear about the fact that calling each other "full of shit" and the like on a regular basis are unacceptable. Not suggesting that you've said anything like this, but others have.
    and I have no regrets.
    I'm not judging, just hoping we can all manage to stick around, we need diverse voices here!
    I see. Well, we'll see what Kat thinks next time you tell me or anyone else we're "full of shit". :bring_it:
    yes, we'll see the next time you try to bait someone. :bring_it:

OH THE DRAMA!!!
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

edited November 2016

I'll take the bait on that.

Quick summary: longtime lurker, first time responder; mid-30s, socially liberal, Red Catholic upbringing, moderately conservative network of friends/co-workers. I try to vote third party simply based on principle of believing we need more voices in the arena, I've never been particularly swayed by any presidential candidate in my life (kinda doubt that's possible, honestly), but voting Democratic this year mostly against Trump, but also somewhat in support of Hillary. I don't feel great voting for her, though I don't mind her, yet I also don't think Armageddon is on the horizon if Trump wins. I think a lot of people that bash Trump (which they may have a valid points for) vastly misinterpret his supporters. The majority of people I know voting for Trump are not stupid, they aren't hateful; they're good people and they work hard and care. Most of them don't necessarily care about big political issues (or, perhaps, the things that put his haters into a rage don't register with them, so they seem clueless?). They are apathetic to the system. Trump has somehow invigorated them into caring (obviously in different degrees), and I've seen some people get swept up in the euphoria of caring. I think anti-Trump people have so much emotion towards him as a person that they have a mental block when it comes to people that don't back away from supporting him. They see him as a person that will change a system that seems fucked up every presidential election, and honestly I respect that mentality and desire. But I think there could be someone smarter and better fit to fuck up the system.

Hope this hasn't angered anyone, not trying to get into one-on-one debates with you all at all. I enjoy reading these threads because I get exposed to lots of voices and idea and sources of information I wouldn't find otherwise, which makes me somewhat wiser, so thank you all for that. I also like the random moments I see one of AMT peeps make a Pearl Jam comment or two. Okay, rant over; America!

Your last paragraph is the reason I initially came here; to learn. I don't watch the news for the most part, as I find it too depressing, and also quite partisan, so I came here in hopes of truth. Sometimes you get it, sometimes it's just as partisan as the news. there can be lots to filter through, and you learn who to avoid and who to pay attention to. I would say most people on AMT are more knowledgeable than me when it comes to world affairs, but I hope to bring a fresh perspective based on common sense and a genuine caring I have for the globe.

Sometimes I wished I'd never started posting at all, though. LOL.

Interesting comment on Trump supporters. Given all his hateful rhetoric, I would have thought the same as the raging stereotype, but I believe you are correct, in that they are just tired of the same old same old, and they truly believe he will turn Washington upside down. Are there some bad apples in the bunch? Absolutely, but there are people I respect that I've come to know are Trump supporters (Canadian ones, but I digress). that's been a bit of an eye opener, for sure.
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on

www.headstonesband.com

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Indianapolis Posts: 19,318
    pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

unsung said:

?????
    JC you of all people haven't seen this? they got busted posting election results just under a week early
    Gee....I wonder if there is a rational explanation for this.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,088

pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

unsung said:

?????
    Gee....I wonder if there is a rational explanation for this.
    If there was a vast conspiracy to rig the election, one so intricate that vote counts are already known, doesn't it seem unlikely that both Johnson and Stein would achieve the 5% benchmark needed to legitimize their parties? Color me skeptical on this image.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,096
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

No, I think she is saying their continuous refusal to put a vote is treason. Not how they vote.

Someone mentioned the voters elected these people, well, elections matter. They voted people in to vote on bills. Not be sore losers.
    No. Those people were voted in to exercise the will of those who sent them there. That will sometimes includes blocking votes when possible. It is not treason and to demand charges be brought against those who block votes within the rules is facism. This is a very dangerous game people are playing as you are advocating for actions that you wouldn't want a President Trump to take.
    I think the problem is that Congress are voting their colours, instead of their consciences. Not that I blame Congress for this - I blame the structure of the system. Is morality or the level of humanism the number one yardstick of a politician's action? If the answer is 'no', then a politician is subject to being driven predominantly by something else, which introduces a conflict of interest. Until this is somehow mandated (and again, even watchdog groups are subject to corruption), politicians will gravitate towards self-serving action, simply because they can.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

unsung said:

?????
    No, I haven't seen it...weird thou. Any back story?
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,927
    pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

unsung said:

?????
    Or maybe they were just testing their on-air graphics with the results from their latest polls to make sure they worked properly on election night....
    ....I guess when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    edited November 2016
    CM189191 said:

pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

unsung said:

?????
    Or maybe they were just testing their on-air graphics with the results from their latest polls to make sure they worked properly on election night....
    this is exactly the explanation I was about to give. this shit happens all the time and people freak out.

www.headstonesband.com

CM189191 said:

pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

unsung said:

?????
    this is exactly the explanation I was about to give. this shit happens all the time and people freak out.
    The graphic even shows "Wayback Machine" on it...

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

CM189191 said:

pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

unsung said:

?????
    but, gern, RIGGED!!!!

www.headstonesband.com

CM189191 said:

pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

unsung said:

?????
    but, gern, RIGGED!!!!
    As if the Secretary of State would let WRCB dictate the election? I don't get the line of thinking there....but I don't get the line of thinking on most of the crap posted.

CM189191 said:

pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

unsung said:

?????
    but, gern, RIGGED!!!!
    Your so passive agressive. One moment your talking about how neutral you are and how you're not excited about Clinton, but then lash out with all kinds of crazy comments.

RIIGGED!!!!!

We're posting facts. Not acting like conspiracy nuts.
    tonifig8 said:

CM189191 said:

pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

unsung said:

?????
    but, gern, RIGGED!!!!
    Your so passive agressive. One moment your talking about how neutral you are and how you're not excited about Clinton, but then lash out with all kinds of crazy comments.

RIIGGED!!!!!

So it's a fact that the graphic shown resulted in someone getting "busted"?

Seriously?

tonifig8 said:

CM189191 said:

pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

unsung said:

?????
    but, gern, RIGGED!!!!

RIIGGED!!!!!

Seriously?
    I'm not sure which graphic you're referring too. I was responding to the other member with their continued "RIGGED" post.

Come on. The media called the 2000 election early, the media called Clinton the nominee the day before *5* states voted, so attempting to excuse the media as a factual and honest medium is mind-blowing. I have to look back and see what this is in reference to, but of course! The media will attempt to call the results (in fact, it is a running competition who will be the first channel to call it, and that goes for every election) early as soon as they think they can get away with it. AP was the one to call Clinton the nominee back in June before those 5 states voted. They got blasted by the voters yet to vote and the observant public for it.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    tonifig8 said:

CM189191 said:

pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

unsung said:

?????
    but, gern, RIGGED!!!!

RIIGGED!!!!!

Posting facts, sure, but you are making conclusions on those facts that are approaching conspiracy nuttery.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited November 2016

Free said:

benjs said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

and I have no regrets.
    benjs said:

benjs said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

and I have no regrets.
    I'm not judging, just hoping we can all manage to stick around, we need diverse voices here!
    I see. Well, we'll see what Kat thinks next time you tell me or anyone else we're "full of shit". :bring_it:
    yes, we'll see the next time you try to bait someone. :bring_it:

OH THE DRAMA!!!
    I don't have a problem with you. :neutral:

Hellz yeah, oh the drama!
    Post edited by Free on
    Laura Silsby, former director of The New Life Children's Refuge. She was caught trying to steal 33 children from the country, most of whom were not even orphans and had families.
    Hillary has a LONG history of interest in Ms. Silsby. Wikileak emails dating back till at least 2001 have been found in her archives discussing Laura's NGO. Laura had claimed she planned to build an orphanage in the Dominican Republic, but authorities in the country said she never submitted an application for this purpose. They instead located to Haiti.
    Sources:
    https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/10BUENOSAIRES166_a.html
    https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/3465
    Huma Abedin was constantly forwarding Hillary articles on this woman's organization:
    https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/2772
    One of the first things Hillary did when she took over the scene in Haiti was to get Laura off the hook:
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread541416/pg6
    http://harvardhrj.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/King.pdf
    And the attorney who represented Laura Silsby? A man who was himself convicted as a sex trafficker:
    https://wikileaks.org/gifiles/docs/32/323249_-os-haiti-us-legal-adviser-to-u-s-haiti-missionaries.html
    Wikileaks where they are literally pricing how much it costs to transport children:
    https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/3741
    Haitian Authorities trying to Traffic kids.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Life_Children's_Refuge_case
    They're in the Clinton Emails;
    https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/3741
    Pitch for funding
    https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/3465
    This looks like Mills & co are drafting statements following extradition.
    https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/2772
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited November 2016

tonifig8 said:

CM189191 said:

pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

unsung said:

?????
    but, gern, RIGGED!!!!

RIIGGED!!!!!

Seriously?
    clinging to my guns while wearing my tin foil hat! BUSTED!

cmon let me have some fun around here...im not longer going to be serious or you guys are going to be talking about me in the COMA thread

im sure its a test spread sheet...nothing to see here

4 days till the election...we have all been wound up
    tonifig8 said:

CM189191 said:

pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

unsung said:

?????
    but, gern, RIGGED!!!!

RIIGGED!!!!!

no I'm not. I just think all this rigged talk is funny. that's all.

I'm only neutral in the sense I think both parties suck. BUT I don't want Trump to win. But I am not affiliated with any particular party (in Canada I have voted across the board) if that's what you mean.

with all the nonsense with this election, sometimes you just need to have some fun. nothing more than that.

www.headstonesband.com

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

CM189191 said:

pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

unsung said:

?????
    but, gern, RIGGED!!!!

RIIGGED!!!!!

Seriously?
    I'm not sure which graphic you're referring too. I was responding to the other member with their continued "RIGGED" post.

I've only said "rigged" a few times, and directly to gern. it's only because Trump is constantly saying it in his tweets, and I find it funny, in addition to another poster actually believing the election has been rigged from the start.

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.