Comments

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,934
    unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

igotid88 said:
    If you vote for Hillary you're a grown up.
    If you vote for Trump you're a sucker.
    If you don't vote for anyone you're an asshole.
    - Louis CK

I'd say that pretty well sums it up.
    I guess I am an asshole.

Oh, and a racist too. Can't forget to let the libs call me that because I don't agree with 98% of their policies. Gotta let them have that talking point because they can't logically argue their policies.
    I figured you were called racist because you were concerned about the white race being watered down due to intermingling.
    If you're going to make a statement about me at least get your fucking facts right.
    My facts are right.
    Yeah, they are. Unsung said that the white race was being threatened by non-white people, and that the white race should be protected from them. It is a statement embraced by white supremacist groups.
    That is not what I said.
    Here's what you said:
    **"The jobs are outsourced and your shit party is subsidizing an invasion of third world countries.
    You get what you want, the end of the white race, endless dem votes, and your "diversity". You won't have to worry about rigging elections anymore.
    Unfortunately it also imports a real rape culture, unlike the imagined one in the states, a real war on women, and imports people that throw gays off of building roofs.

Congrats!"**

Included with the xenophobic stuff, you're under the impression that the left wants to end the white race, thus your concern about the ending of the white race. Regardless that it's an odd statement, why would you state this without it being a concern?
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    edited November 2016
    CM189191 said:

tonifig8 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Let me just repeat what I said to Unsung: "You said that the left is working towards the destruction of the white race by importing immigrants (who will procreate with white people), and that immigrants will develop a rape culture in America, and that you disapprove of this. This is a statement embraced by white supremacist groups."

It's hard to deny what you said when it's in black and white on the internet.

kat is this what you meant about focusing on policy and the candidates?
    the forum is rigged
    Hope you saw my message. It was a genuine post.
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    CM189191 said:

tonifig8 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Let me just repeat what I said to Unsung: "You said that the left is working towards the destruction of the white race by importing immigrants (who will procreate with white people), and that immigrants will develop a rape culture in America, and that you disapprove of this. This is a statement embraced by white supremacist groups."

It's hard to deny what you said when it's in black and white on the internet.

kat is this what you meant about focusing on policy and the candidates?
    the forum is rigged
    I think although clearly politically biased the mods, well the one that I have seen, have been pretty fair. I'll debate with anyone, but the personal attacks get tiresome, even though I don't cry to mods about it. I can handle myself, even amongst those that I vehemently disagree with.

As the saying goes I'd buy the first round for most of ya.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,857
    edited November 2016

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

igotid88 said:
    If you vote for Hillary you're a grown up.
    If you vote for Trump you're a sucker.
    If you don't vote for anyone you're an asshole.
    - Louis CK

I'd say that pretty well sums it up.
    I guess I am an asshole.

Oh, and a racist too. Can't forget to let the libs call me that because I don't agree with 98% of their policies. Gotta let them have that talking point because they can't logically argue their policies.
    I figured you were called racist because you were concerned about the white race being watered down due to intermingling.
    If you're going to make a statement about me at least get your fucking facts right.
    My facts are right.
    Yeah, they are. Unsung said that the white race was being threatened by non-white people, and that the white race should be protected from them. It is a statement embraced by white supremacist groups.
    That is not what I said.
    Here's what you said:
    **"The jobs are outsourced and your shit party is subsidizing an invasion of third world countries.
    You get what you want, the end of the white race, endless dem votes, and your "diversity". You won't have to worry about rigging elections anymore.
    Unfortunately it also imports a real rape culture, unlike the imagined one in the states, a real war on women, and imports people that throw gays off of building roofs.

Congrats!"**

Included with the xenophobic stuff, you're under the impression that the left wants to end the white race, thus your concern about the ending of the white race. Regardless that it's an odd statement, why would you state this without it being a concern?
    And then he said, to paraphrase himself:

"the left wants to see the end of the white race.
    I stand by that. That is not racist, well not on my part anyway.
    I also said your desire for diversity will import a real rape culture, and judging by the events that took place in Germany and other parts of Europe it is a factually accurate statement."
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Podesta sounds like Mayer Lansky. We need a complete dump of all dem records
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    albeit Meyer was much better lookin.
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,827
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-history_us_5818da8ce4b0390e69d2d8fc

(snipped)

After she turned in her ballot, Wilkinson said she was struck with emotion.

“It hit me how important this was,” she said. “I’m 60 years old and this is the first time in my life, and anybody’s life here, that we’ve actually had a viable woman candidate for president of the United States. And she has a good shot at winning!”

“To think about how far we’ve come,” Wilkinson added. “The fight and struggle just to vote for an intelligent, qualified, viable woman ― it was just sort of overwhelming to me on that morning. And I was thanking God that I was able to do this.”

Falling down,...not staying down
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited November 2016
    Kat said:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-history_us_5818da8ce4b0390e69d2d8fc

(snipped)

“It hit me how important this was,” she said. “I’m 60 years old and this is the first time in my life, and anybody’s life here, that we’ve actually had a viable woman candidate for president of the United States. And she has a good shot at winning!”

“To think about how far we’ve come,” Wilkinson added. “The fight and struggle just to vote for an intelligent, qualified, viable woman ― it was just sort of overwhelming to me on that morning. And I was thanking God that I was able to do this.”

Voting to make history can blind people from looking at the character and policies that one holds

if that lady voted only because she was a woman, just like people only voted for Obama because he was first black president then you miss the whole reason to vote...just saying

I would have asked her why not Jill Stein?
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,927
    Kat said:

(snipped)

Sounds like some of that good ole' fashioned 'Hope & Change'
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,934
    pjalive21 said:

Kat said:

(snipped)

Voting to make history can blind people from looking at the character and policies that one holds

if that lady voted only because she was a woman, just like people only voted for Obama because he was first black president then you miss the whole reason to vote...just saying

She answered that by saying intelligent, qualified and viable.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

pjalive21 said:

Kat said:

(snipped)

that part is debatable
    edited November 2016
    CM189191 said:

Kat said:

(snipped)

No it doesn't. She voted for a corrupt politician who is all establishment and currently on her second investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
    That doesn't sound like hope and change.
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
    tonifig8 said:

CM189191 said:

Kat said:

(snipped)

No it doesn't. She voted for a corrupt politician who is all establishment and currently on her second investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
    That doesn't sound like hope and change.
    You keep saying second investigation. If you're referring to the emails that aren't hers in Weiner's device, there isn't a second investigation for that. They simply reopened an investigation because they think maybe they might have found some non-Hillary emails related to it. Just FYI.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,291
    This thread is a total shit show. I'll see y'all after the election. I'm sure 20% of the people will go underground.

If anyone is going to TOTD this Friday in Philly, let me know. Let's get a beer.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,451
    mrussel1 said:

This thread is a total shit show. I'll see y'all after the election. I'm sure 20% of the people will go underground.

If anyone is going to TOTD this Friday in Philly, let me know. Let's get a beer.

+1
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,291

mrussel1 said:

+1
    I've got three people filming the show, plus me.
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Kat said:

(snipped)

Did I miss the part where she mentioned good character and trustworthiness?
    pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

Kat said:

(snipped)

that part is debatable
    All three are.
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562

benjs said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

LOL, people that are ready for this actually have places away from cities. Yep, people are going to die. This system is unsustainable.

And no, I don't live in Chicago, I'm not a freaking idiot.

Now I have a better understanding about your beliefs about racial purity.
    You know nothing John Snow.
    The segregation around that area breeds cultural ignorance unless the person really makes an effort to overcome it. When they don't do that, the ignorance really fuels fear.
    Let's keep the convo on important matters, right Kat
    Like how we are all just clintonite sheep? Bah.

That reminds me...I got another raise after the fundraising boost due to the FBI investigation. Apparently it really fired up the donors.

Oh I could careless, but it appears you aren't paying attention. She said the thread would be closed if we kept it up.. So in good faith, and in hopes of letting real info spread, I'm doing my part and no longer referring to the clintonite army as such. you guys are now the pro-Clinton team.

I don't see what the issue was with clintonites- just like berniebros ... Not a big deal or offensive. Anyhow. Just trying to keep this from shutting down
    I don't think it was the Clintonites comment at all - Kat was pretty clear about the fact that calling each other "full of shit" and the like on a regular basis are unacceptable. Not suggesting that you've said anything like this, but others have.
    and I have no regrets.
    benjs said:

benjs said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

LOL, people that are ready for this actually have places away from cities. Yep, people are going to die. This system is unsustainable.

The segregation around that area breeds cultural ignorance unless the person really makes an effort to overcome it. When they don't do that, the ignorance really fuels fear.

That reminds me...I got another raise after the fundraising boost due to the FBI investigation. Apparently it really fired up the donors.

Oh I could careless, but it appears you aren't paying attention. She said the thread would be closed if we kept it up.. So in good faith, and in hopes of letting real info spread, I'm doing my part and no longer referring to the clintonite army as such. you guys are now the pro-Clinton team.

I don't see what the issue was with clintonites- just like berniebros ... Not a big deal or offensive. Anyhow. Just trying to keep this from shutting down
    I don't think it was the Clintonites comment at all - Kat was pretty clear about the fact that calling each other "full of shit" and the like on a regular basis are unacceptable. Not suggesting that you've said anything like this, but others have.
    and I have no regrets.
    I'm not judging, just hoping we can all manage to stick around, we need diverse voices here!
    I see. Well, we'll see what Kat thinks next time you tell me or anyone else we're "full of shit". :bring_it:
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,927
    pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

Kat said:

(snipped)

that part is debatable
    Most. Qualified. Candidate. Ever.
    Don't make me post her accomplishments again.
    Free said:

benjs said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

and I have no regrets.
    benjs said:

benjs said:

tonifig8 said:

dignin said:

tonifig8 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

and I have no regrets.
    I'm not judging, just hoping we can all manage to stick around, we need diverse voices here!
    I see. Well, we'll see what Kat thinks next time you tell me or anyone else we're "full of shit". :bring_it:
    Ahaha, always nice to see that high road being taken, lol.

I would also like to not lose anyone else, and would be thrilled if more people would join in... I wonder how many lurkers there are on the AMT? If any of you are reading this, speak up, we need some people to shake up our AMT bubble of aggression and low blows. :lol:

• FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    tonifig8 said:

benjs said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

You don't think racism is an important issue? It's been an underlying theme for awhile now, since we've heard from politicians that we need to "take our country back", and that Trump had said blatantly racist things and also draws a high level of support from white supremacists.
    I absolutely do. I'm Hispanic and a diehard progressive, so you could understand why I might care about it just a little more.
    Personally I just don't think one member's opinion on here is more important then this election.
    Trump might be supported by racist, but they aren't enough to defeat us. Also, if said member wants to preserve a race of people, that's fine with me, if said member wants to protect the law and boarders that's also fine with me.

But I get where you're coming from and I remember the exchange that occurred. It was heated and I do find myself on your side, but we're about to elect a crook. We're about to really fuck up our society(and I don't mean the end of the world), why? Because the majority of people truly dislike these candidates and there's going to be some serious outrage once one of these crooks is elected. This is more then right vs left...our whole system has been exposed and we're disgusted with what we're witnessing. A majority of us have lost complete faith in our system and we're now pissed about it!
    Look at the shit JC is posting and tell me with an honest heart that you are proud of your candidate.
    A lot of the outrage! and crook stuff is manufactured hype. People are outraged every four years, and Hillary hasn't done anything new that politicians and elected presidents haven't done before. Hillary will get elected, and if there isn't a crisis event in the next 6 to 10 months, we'll be okay, and more people will start to see that we'll be okay. The Trump supporters will go back to their world of fear, where they've been all the years before this.
    Manufactured hype? let's just end the convo there.

Maybe some of us are done with the whole "this is nothing new". I'm not accepting that and I'm voting for trump, which makes me sick to my very core; But the good thing is that I can still say that i've never voted for a republican.
    Yeah, I guess the majority of people will go back to their holes.
    I'm confused. If you vote for Trump, you've still never voted for a Republican? Isn't he the Republican nominee?

Also, you complain about a duopoly which doesn't represent the progressive ideals of the people, yet possess pride about never voting for a Republican candidate. How does a party pivot towards progressive idealism if the progressive idealists are proud to be diametrically opposed to a party? This lack of empathy is not a one-way street, and I personally feel that the odds of change are better when they occur within the system (aided by third-party organizations designed to mandate proper representation), rather than without the system (i.e. a third party with no precedence of having the ability to seize power in a system that promotes them not gaining it).
    excellent post. But shouldn't we be talking about Clinton?

Real republicans don't consider trump to be a real republican. Which is sarcasm on my end. The establishment doesn't like him, the hardliners don't like him, and most traditional republicans don't like him. He's more of an outsider using the GOP platform. Kind of like Sanders did. Germ loves to mention that Bush Senior might vote for Clinton and points out that other republicans are turning their back on him. Anyhow, that's where my sarcasm comes from. My vote is a genuine protest vote. It will actually count.

I don't talk much about a two party system, in the sense that someone like Free does (he's consistently talking about challenging the system- that's great). I'm not satisfied with it and I certainly have my issues with it. I feel it's something that must be challenged and changed, but that hasn't been my primary focus. My focus is Clinton/Trump then we'll get back to fighting for progressive causes or making the necessary changes.

If Clinton is elected she'll work with certain third party organizations, but as we've witnessing w/ all this info being dropped and exposed - you can bet she'll be working to better her interest and those of who she's connected to. All of this power they've obtained will only become more powerful and will become even more difficult to challenge. The leaks have served a great purpose. They have exposed her and her network. They have given us a front row seat to the realities of campaigns. Many of the pro-clinton people would call us conspiracy nuts, but it turns out we weren't so crazy.
    Ultimately I'm promoting justice, not a politician or a political party that will ultimately continue to piggy back off of average citizens.
    Great post, as well as Benjs post before it. Finally, substance.
    :whistle:
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    you all over....
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,538
    Question: Do we want a woman president because she is a woman or because she would make a good president? I would love to see both but I don't think Stein has much of a chance.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

Question: Do we want a woman president because she is a woman or because she would make a good president? I would love to see both but I don't think Stein has much of a chance.

I don't know any women who would vote for a woman just because she's a woman. I guess there are women stupid enough to do that out there somewhere, but to suggest that this might be a common thing is actually an insult to female intelligence.
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

I don't know any women who would vote for a woman just because she's a woman. I guess there are women stupid enough to do that out there somewhere, but to suggest that this might be a common thing is actually an insult to female intelligence.
    Really?

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

^^^ Sorry PJ_S. I know you say what you mean, I'm just surprised you know of none who would do that.

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

Really?

It's all over the place. All you have to do is step outside. And I've heard many women say it proudly. Just because she is a woman.
    PJ_Soul doesn't live in America - it's kind of hard to get a clear understanding of things that are happening on the ground.

I would love to have an honest, ethical, and strong Female President. That would be a great moment. Just like in 2008 with Obama.
    brianlux said:

Well after this one any woman can only be better.

Casey Anthony 2020!!!
This discussion has been closed.