• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,179
    benjs said:

tonifig8 said:

benjs said:

tonifig8 said:

News Headline: Clinton Shoots Baby
    Clintonites: Oh it was the guns fault.

Anyone else notice the excuses and blame game happening around here?

Oh, please.

News Content: Presidential Nominee Hilary Clinton was reported to have shot a baby
    Clintonites: Prove it
    Anti-Clintonites: You can't prove anything because Hilary Clinton has paid them all out!
    Clintonites: Then why did that news headline come out?
    Anti-Clintonites: ... IT'S RIGGED
    That's funny, but isn't it interesting how CLinton received debate questions in advance.. Yeah I'm sure they were out to report the truth and it was just the anti-clinton folks stirring shit up.

Why don't you do us all a favor instead and start posting some informative shit on her, such as policy and shit like that, so we can at least have a goddam clue who the hell this crook is.
    It's because I don't particularly care for or admire Clinton. I don't think she's a good candidate. I think she's the less bad candidate, and don't understand why that's so difficult to wrap your head around.

What I posted wasn't meant to defend Hilary Clinton - it was meant to defend fairness and reasonability in accusations by presenting my own observation, in response to yours. I don't feel that your outlandish and embellished interpretation of Clinton supporters and/or tolerators is remotely grounded in reality.
    that's the thing. there's like ONE OR TWO people on here who are openly supporting hillary, and everyone is calling everyone a fucking hillary apologist. HELLO: WE JUST DON'T WANT TRUMP IN OFFICE. THAT IS IT.

"nope, you all love hillary! admit it!!"
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,018
    tonifig8 said:

Kat said:

I was proud to tell the get-out-the-vote phone caller yesterday that I had already voted. The lady couldn't ask me so I let her know that I had voted for Secretary Clinton and wished her luck in her phone calling. It was great. I'm not worried about these new "enthusiasm" polls or any other. It's going to turn out fine. Happy Tuesday...one more week. :)

A vote for a politician that is currently being investigated by The Federal Bureau of Investigation.
    Amazing.
    https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten
    I'm confused. Are you trying to state that Hilary Clinton belongs on that Top Ten Most Wanted list? What am I supposed to get out of that link?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,751

CM189191 said:

tonifig8 said:

Clintonites: Oh it was the guns fault.

Anyone else notice the excuses and blame game happening around here?

I've noticed people are really bad at making analogies
    totally.
    No kidding. This thread has really jumped the shark.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,208
    tonifig8 said:

Kat said:

I was proud to tell the get-out-the-vote phone caller yesterday that I had already voted. The lady couldn't ask me so I let her know that I had voted for Secretary Clinton and wished her luck in her phone calling. It was great. I'm not worried about these new "enthusiasm" polls or any other. It's going to turn out fine. Happy Tuesday...one more week. :)

A vote for a politician that is currently being investigated by The Federal Bureau of Investigation.
    Amazing.
    As opposed to voting for someone who is being accused of fraud and rape
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    How does one predict what a president will do and not do?

For every 1 thing that Obama "insert last 10 presidents" did do what he promised I can name 5 he didn't.
    For every minor difference in W Bush to Obama, I can name at least 5 exactly the same.
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

Huma and Weiner separated a long time ago. I'm not sure what Jason P is getting at...I'm guessing Rush Limbaugh must be floating a conspiracy theory that Clinton is dumping Huma.

She won't.

This guy sounds as if he knows these people on a personal level. It seems anything against Clinton is a conspiracy- just as you would say during the primaries. How did that turn out?
    Really well....she won the primaries
    Weren't you a BernieBro? Shouldn't you be upset that your candidate lost because of foul play?

Right here... this question. .
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

Huma and Weiner separated a long time ago. I'm not sure what Jason P is getting at...I'm guessing Rush Limbaugh must be floating a conspiracy theory that Clinton is dumping Huma.

She won't.

This guy sounds as if he knows these people on a personal level. It seems anything against Clinton is a conspiracy- just as you would say during the primaries. How did that turn out?
    Weren't you a BernieBro? Shouldn't you be upset that your candidate lost because of foul play?

He didn't...there was definitely favoritism but he lost. Ask Bernie....he'll say the same thing.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    He already answered with a "no" and I'll echo it with another "no".
  • Options
    benjs said:

tonifig8 said:

Kat said:

Amazing.
    I'm confused. Are you trying to state that Hilary Clinton belongs on that Top Ten Most Wanted list? What am I supposed to get out of that link?
    My mistake. How did that link get there? Ops.

If Clinton were to be forced to step down do to the investigation, would voters who already voted for her be able to get their votes back? Because they were scammed. Does it work like that?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

She won't.

I will jump in and answer it.
    I am upset that Sanders lost.
    I am upset that he lost because the Democratic party isn't as progressive as I wish it would be. I am upset that millions more Democrats chose Clinton than Sanders, because they didn't agree with his policies or were afraid of the demonized "S" word.

I am not upset about the super delegates because that didn't effect the vote of anybody I know of at all. I am not very upset about Clinton getting debate questions in advance because I don't think the advantage it gave her was very substantial.
    I am not upset that he lost because of foul play, because that is the untrue narrative of a group of sore losers.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,782
    edited November 2016
    Thread is junked up with flame-bait and flaming. Will try to clean it up when there's time after checking to see if someone needs to be read-only.

Re-opening this thread. If a post is missing, it's a big hint. If it's not missing, here's the big hint....stick to the topic and stop talking about and flaming each other. Bring dignity and speak respectfully in your discussions here please.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,782
    This is my issue...the most important issue to me. If people have decent paying jobs, the future looks brighter. I'm still hopeful that the Senate will go blue and if the legislators are paying attention, they should understand the big wake-up call that the Trump supporters are giving. That goes for all politicians. The times they are a'changing.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/jobs/

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat, thank you for all of your hard work here in keeping us fair and respectful!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,064
    Kat said:

This is my issue...the most important issue to me. If people have decent paying jobs, the future looks brighter. I'm still hopeful that the Senate will go blue and if the legislators are paying attention, they should understand the big wake-up call that the Trump supporters are giving. That goes for all politicians. The times they are a'changing.

At a snails pace, Kat. I'm seeing the same issues not nearly resolved that we were actively concerned with in the 60's- continual useless war, division on haves and have nots, racism and (worst of all in my opinion) a degrading environment and stripping of natural resources. I won't be here for another 50 years to see what the rate of progress will have produced compared to the last 50 but I firmly believe the pace is too slow. Maybe I'm lucky because I won't be around to see the end result, but that's not what counts. I have several extended family kids who will be. Hillary is not going to do enough to make their lives livable. I respectfully and strongly disagree with the choice of HRC for president.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    Kat said:

what has going blue done for anyone? how about we come together for a common cause(s) rather than party lines

Dems, much like Repubs haven't done a damn thing to improve things...rinse,wash,repeat...same crap different president every 4-8 years

the disenfranchisement of the status quo is what brought Donald Trump
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    pjalive21 said:

Why didn't they pick someone smart instead?
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

Kat said:

what has going blue done for anyone? how about we come together for a common cause(s) rather than party lines

Dems, much like Repubs haven't done a damn thing to improve things...rinse,wash,repeat...same crap different president every 4-8 years

I could be wrong, but I think Kat meant an alignment between Congress and the President, so that colours stop preventing progress. Sorry if I was incorrect :)

EV
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

Kat said:

At a minimum the dems have kept the GOP from pulling us right.

Do you like to buy beer on Sunday? In Indiana I can't do that....Mike Pence thinks Jesus would get mad.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,179

pjalive21 said:

Kat said:

At a minimum the dems have kept the GOP from pulling us right.

Do you like to buy beer on Sunday? In Indiana I can't do that....Mike Pence thinks Jesus would get mad.
    :rofl:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,751
    pjalive21 said:

Kat said:

No. What got us Trump was lower educated white males with little contact with people different than they are. Now add in 4 or 5 republican clowns in the primary to split the rest of the vote, and there you have it.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

pjalive21 said:

Why didn't they pick someone smart instead?
    That is a great point. People say it is a change election, which is hard to believe as the massively popular sitting President could win this election with his hands (and Biden) tied around his back, and a non-elite outsider should be elected.
    But has the definition of elite changed to meaning educated, expert or something like that?
    Trump has many issues with his personality and all his incredible terribleness, but if he was at least a reasonably smart dude he would have a decent shout at being in this.
  • Options

pjalive21 said:

Kat said:

No. What got us Trump was lower educated white males with little contact with people different than they are. Now add in 4 or 5 republican clowns in the primary to split the rest of the vote, and there you have it.
    Exactly....Trump is not the answer to the disenfranchised. He became their answer because he said he was the answer...plus he threw out a lot of racist jargon that the deplorables latched on to.

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
  • Options
    It's funny how you turned CNN into meaning Clinton News Network. Bravo. Well done.

A Bernie surrogate was just on the news and was talking about how he also had conversations and emails with Donna Brazile and if it were his email hacked, it would look like CNN was colluding with the Sanders campaign and feeding them questions.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,766

It's funny how you turned CNN into meaning Clinton News Network. Bravo. Well done.

A Bernie surrogate was just on the news and was talking about how he also had conversations and emails with Donna Brazile and if it were his email hacked, it would look like CNN was colluding with the Sanders campaign and feeding them questions.

The ability of the public to turn nothing into a scandal is pretty impressive.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited November 2016

great reply. Let's just all move on with our life's now. Clinton is just as rotten as the sanders people according to this guy. Wait I got that backwards
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,766
    tonifig8 said:

great reply. Let's just all move on with our life's now. Clinton is just as rotten as the sanders people according to this guy. Wait I got that backwards
    That isn't even close to what he was suggesting IMO. Doesn't it seem to you that the only one with a problem is Donna Brazile?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Panama papers link Clinton Podesta to Russia months ago

http://observer.com/2016/04/panama-papers-reveal-clintons-kremlin-connection/
This discussion has been closed.