Comments

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

Free said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Kat said:

Seriously.
    And thanks for that brain image above. That's just sad...but funny too. :)
    Have a great week, everyone.
    Why Don't we talk about how the DNC helped rig the primaries? And as soon as the DWS resigned HRC hired her on. Why don't we talk about how Clinton received debate questions in advance of the debate?

Awwwwww
    Why talk about things that are unpleasant to her supporters?
    what I keep finding amusing is that one side claims the other side is so much worse and underhanded than the other. give me a break. THEY ARE ALL POLITICIANS. if you think one side is better than the other, you are a fool. it comes down to nothing more than voting for whomever you think won't nuke the planet.

so you think liars lean right? I can't say I agree with that.

Not necessarily...I'm saying that the right has to lie/deceive in order to pull people to their team.

Why else would a working class family vote republican? The republicans are the ones that want to privatize social security, get rid of the ACA, cut taxes for the wealthy, etc. on the backs of the middle class. They convince the middle class voters by frightening them with big government, terrorism, welfare state, immigrants, etc. (I should also add..."taking away your guns", "war against christianity")
    To tell you this but the Dems are just as bad. You got to candidates and both of them are the 1% and they represent the 1%. You're not fooling anyone.
    Excuse me....when you are a 1%er that takes positions that makes the 1%ers pay MORE in taxes, etc. that is far more honest than the 1%er that wants to cut his own taxes.

Wake up
    the 1% will never pay more in taxes...and someway, somehow if that every happened if you think they wont line their pockets back up by making us pay for the difference then i don't know what to tell you
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,198
    edited October 2016
    pjalive21 said:

Free said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Kat said:

Seriously.
    Why Don't we talk about how the DNC helped rig the primaries? And as soon as the DWS resigned HRC hired her on. Why don't we talk about how Clinton received debate questions in advance of the debate?

Awwwwww
    what I keep finding amusing is that one side claims the other side is so much worse and underhanded than the other. give me a break. THEY ARE ALL POLITICIANS. if you think one side is better than the other, you are a fool. it comes down to nothing more than voting for whomever you think won't nuke the planet.

Not necessarily...I'm saying that the right has to lie/deceive in order to pull people to their team.

Why else would a working class family vote republican? The republicans are the ones that want to privatize social security, get rid of the ACA, cut taxes for the wealthy, etc. on the backs of the middle class. They convince the middle class voters by frightening them with big government, terrorism, welfare state, immigrants, etc. (I should also add..."taking away your guns", "war against christianity")
    To tell you this but the Dems are just as bad. You got to candidates and both of them are the 1% and they represent the 1%. You're not fooling anyone.
    Excuse me....when you are a 1%er that takes positions that makes the 1%ers pay MORE in taxes, etc. that is far more honest than the 1%er that wants to cut his own taxes.

Wake up
    the 1% will never pay more in taxes...and someway, somehow if that every happened if you think they wont line their pockets back up by making us pay for the difference then i don't know what to tell you
    What in gods name are you talking about? The 1% pay more now than they did when Obama took office. They will pay more in 2016 and 2017 as well.

Do you need me to give you links to the fucking tax brackets that are available for anyone with google to see?

Clinton has discussed raising taxes and also lifting the social security wage cap....inform yourself please
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited October 2016

Free said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Kat said:

Seriously.

Awwwwww

Wake up
    Apparently I am more wide-awake than you are. You apologize for Hillary. You have never had one critical word for her. She is a 1%er Who changed rule so she could take big money for her campaign. She screwed another candidate out of winning. She cheated by paying superdelegates.

So wake up yourself.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Kat said:

Seriously.

Awwwwww

Wake up
    Apparently I am more wide-awake than you are. You apologize for Hillary. I have never had one critical word for her. She is a 1%er Who changed rule so she could take big money for her campaign. She screwed another candidate out of winning. She cheated by paying superdelegates.

So wake up yourself.
    Is my statement correct or not? Don't avoid it....we both know you're wrong.

And actually you have had many critical words for her.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    … And yet another person needs to remind you that she's being investigated by the FBI I not once but twice weeks before the election. Yeah she's looking really good.
  • Options
    Free said:

… And yet another person needs to remind you that she's being investigated by the FBI I not once but twice weeks before the election. Yeah she's looking really good.

Prompted by whom? It wouldn't have anything to do with the GOP would it?

Are you putting as much effort in the Trump thread over his legal issues? Do you know what those issues are?

• Options
    It's obvious you make yourself feel better by looking at the other bad guy and swearing that he's worse. When really It's all sweet delusion.
  • Options
    Free said:

It's obvious you make yourself feel better by looking at the other bad guy and swearing that he's worse. When really It's all sweet delusion.

And it is obvious that you are so blinded by your hatred that you can't think straight. You're babbling.

• Options

Free said:

And it is obvious that you are so blinded by your hatred that you can't think straight. You're babbling.
    That's all you've got. We know already. :weary:
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,875
    Isn't push polling illegal now? Take a look at this Gravis survey for PA. The questions are laughable. It still has Clinton up by a couple but what they do is read the questions in different orders to bias the sample. It's clever but it really walks a fine line in that activity.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/docs/2016/Gravis_PA_October_31st_2016.pdf
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,043
    Why did the dems vote in Hillary in the first place? Did they really believe the emails issues would just sort of, you know, go away? I still think she will win this election but this re-investigation by the FBI could do possibly do her in. The Guardian seems to think this is still a possibility. I don't think Trump will win but if he does I think some of the blame HAS to be placed on dems making POOR CHOICES!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/30/hillary-clinton-lose-election-fbi-email-investigation
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,747
    Free said:

I think Trump is worse than Clinton, and that's not a delusion.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Free said:

People will realize shortly after the election that Trump was in it for nothing more than selfish reasons, not because he ever wanted to lead this country.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

Free said:

the delusion is to think that one of these is better than the other :lol:

seriously listen to everyone...we are trying to convince one another that our bad guy is less bad than the other
  • Options

Free said:

Agreed....I don't see how a rational person could think otherwise.

• Options
    brianlux said:

Why did the dems vote in Hillary in the first place? Did they really believe the emails issues would just sort of, you know, go away? I still think she will win this election but this re-investigation by the FBI could do possibly do her in. The Guardian seems to think this is still a possibility. I don't think Trump will win but if he does I think some of the blame HAS to be placed on dems making POOR CHOICES!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/30/hillary-clinton-lose-election-fbi-email-investigation

Well....there were only two other people that wanted to challenge her in the primaries.

One could argue that the email issue was a bust. I could be wrong...maybe they'll find a bombshell but something tells me they won't.

• Options

Free said:

pjalive21 said:

Free said:

seriously listen to everyone...we are trying to convince one another that our bad guy is less bad than the other
  • Options

Free said:

Trump may be worse, I will give you that, but like I said earlier, it's like saying I'd rather be beaten to death by a ball peen hammer than a sledge hammer. Worse than bad is still bad. Both are poor choices. Really not sure why that isn't more broadly acknowledged in this election.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,765
    edited October 2016

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Kat said:

Seriously.

Awwwwww
    No, even if both are bad, one is always going to be better or worse than the other. It is a mathematical truth. And in this case, one is WAY better than the other, and in your own view, one is WAY better than the other because she is much less likely to nuke the planet.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

Free said:

It is literally impossible for one to not be better than the other.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

Free said:

Not when one was only playing the game for narcissistic reasons and had everybody fooled that he really want to lead the country.
  • Options
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

Free said:

Not when one was only playing the game for narcissistic reasons and had everybody fooled that he really want to lead the country.
    What do you mean? If anything, that is one more point for "worse". He is trying to win you know, whether he really wants to or not.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,747
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

Free said:

Not really everybody. He had about 30% of the vote in the primaries.
  • Options
    I really do appreciate that Hillary supports sincerely believe she is the best choice (even if only because you loath Trump) but here's an idea that will frost some, no doubt. Maybe we need Trump. Follow my logic for a minute:

Years ago I had a close friend who was literally drinking herself to death. I knew her counselor and I met with him to discuss what could be done to save her life. I felt desperate. He told me that enabling her would help her in the short term but that it just might be that the only thing left that could save her was for her to hit rock bottom. By rock bottom he meant homelessness, near starvation, and extreme ill health. I was angry at him for even suggesting that. But he explained that the route she was on with the enabling she was receiving from friends like me would definitely lead to her demise. He said rock bottom for her could very possibly kill her but could also lead her to take extreme measure to climb back out of her bottomless pit. She eventually moved back in with people who enabled her and she went on to drink herself to death.

Democracy is in bad shape. America is in terrible shape. Nominating two incompetent, undesirable candidates in of itself is proof of that. Maybe, just maybe, we need Trump and rock bottom in order to start seeing the light and stop doing ourselves in. Believe me, I don't say any of this lightly.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,168
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Kat said:

Seriously.

Awwwwww
    No, even if both are bad, one is always going to be better or worse than the other. It is a mathematical truth. And in this case, one is WAY better than the other, and in your own view, one is WAY better than the other because she is much less likely to nuke the planet.
    I meant GOP vs DEMS, not hillary vs trump. I keep seeing "the left will now say this" or "the right are all racists" or "the left are all sheep". Obviously in my mind Trump is significantly worse than Hillary. I was talking parties and people voting for them.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,168
    Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Kat said:

Seriously.

Awwwwww

Wake up
    Apparently I am more wide-awake than you are. You apologize for Hillary. You have never had one critical word for her. She is a 1%er Who changed rule so she could take big money for her campaign. She screwed another candidate out of winning. She cheated by paying superdelegates.

So wake up yourself.
    you can't prove she cheated. maybe she did, maybe she didn't. but there's no proof she did anything that is against the rules as they stand today, as much as those rules suck, she didn't go outside of them.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,662
    brianlux said:

I really do appreciate that Hillary supports sincerely believe she is the best choice (even if only because you loath Trump) but here's an idea that will frost some, no doubt. Maybe we need Trump. Follow my logic for a minute:

Years ago I had a close friend who was literally drinking herself to death. I knew her counselor and I met with him to discuss what could be done to save her life. I felt desperate. He told me that enabling her would help her in the short term but that it just might be that the only thing left that could save her was for her to hit rock bottom. By rock bottom he meant homelessness, near starvation, and extreme ill health. I was angry at him for even suggesting that. But he explained that the route she was on with the enabling she was receiving from friends like me would definitely lead to her demise. He said rock bottom for her could very possibly kill her but could also lead her to take extreme measure to climb back out of her bottomless pit. She eventually moved back in with people who enabled her and she went on to drink herself to death.

Democracy is in bad shape. America is in terrible shape. Nominating two incompetent, undesirable candidates in of itself is proof of that. Maybe, just maybe, we need Trump and rock bottom in order to start seeing the light and stop doing ourselves in. Believe me, I don't say any of this lightly.

For one, I don't agree that America is in terrible shape. And for an environmentalist, isn't 4 years of deregulation that could take decades to reverse pretty much a death sentence for the planet?

Setting the country back decades socially is not a rock bottom I am willing to see.

I don't want the economy to reverse all the positive growth of the past 8, for people to lose their jobs and for my investments to tank because banks are scared to death of the uncertainty of what Trump will do.

That is a terrible metaphor. So basically Obama is an alcoholic who is destroying the country?
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,310
    brianlux said:

america is far from in terrible shape. that's just sensationalizing and bs rhetoric. you're better than that.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    pjhawks said:

brianlux said:

america is far from in terrible shape. that's just sensationalizing and bs rhetoric. you're better than that.
    Agreed.... in certain contexts. But I think the state of the government and the people's attitude about the government in America is in terrible shape. America is pretty fucked up on a social level right now. It seems to actually be devolving.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
This discussion has been closed.