Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,315
    i saw rolling stone endorsed her and bashed bernie. some of the comments ridiculing wenner are pretty good :)
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306

i saw rolling stone endorsed her and bashed bernie. some of the comments ridiculing wenner are pretty good :)

How rock and roll of them.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    Free said:

And I'm not saying this as a Bernie supporter. I'm saying it as an observer to what happened in Arizona yesterday. Massive voter fraud, do not deny it.

Free - FYI, as you know, the county with all the election issues was Maricopa. That's Phoenix and the largest county in the state, but a large margin obviously. The results from the county are posted and Hillary won that county 58-40, completely aligned with the overall vote total. As that county goes, so goes the state. The point is, the long lines and 'disenfranchisement' did not throw the primary to Clinton. In fact, it probably hurt her more. The lines were in the lower income levels and minority neighborhoods, not like the ASU campus where Bernie support would be higher.

Just thought you might like to have some information. http://recorder.maricopa.gov/electionresults/screen2.aspx

DE LA FUENTE, ROQUE ''ROCKY'' 1109 1162 0.53
    STEINBERG, MICHAEL 893 962 0.44
    SANDERS, BERNIE 67059 86942 39.77
    O'MALLEY, MARTIN J. 1678 1758 0.80
    CLINTON, HILLARY* 114186 126988 58.09
    HEWES, HENRY 713 775 0.35
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Judicial Watch announced today that it has obtained State Department documents from February 2009 containing emails that appear to contradict statements by former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton that, “as far as she knew,” all of her government emails were turned over to the State Department and that she did not use her clintonemail.com email system until March 2009. The emails also contain more evidence of the battle between security officials in the State Department, National Security Administration, Clinton and her staff over attempts to obtain secure Blackberrys.

The documents were obtained in response to a court order in an April 28, 2015, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit, (Judicial Watch, Inc. v. U.S. Department of State (No. 1:15-cv-00646), filed after the Department of State failed to comply with a March 10, 2015, FOIA request seeking:

Any and all records of requests by former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton or her staff to the State Department Office Security Technology seeking approval for the use of an iPad or iPhone for official government business; and

Any and all communications within or between the Office of the Secretary of State, the Executive Secretariat, and the Office of the Secretary and the Office of Security Technology concerning, regarding, or related to the use of unauthorized electronic devices for official government business.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,766
    Hmm. I can't say i find that terribly compelling. One month difference? Nothing about what the emails were? "As far as she knew" seems to kind of cover it anyway?
    Meh.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJ_Soul said:

Hmm. I can't say i find that terribly compelling. One month difference? Nothing about what the emails were? "As far as she knew" seems to kind of cover it anyway?
    Meh.

If it ain't crack it ain't corruption!
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Meh.

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Meh.

So says Rob Ford?
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Meh.

I absolutely do not think in the way you are implying, nor did my comment come anywhere near what you are saying. You are just spewing shit now. You clearly have NO clue as to what my views are.
    I said the press release posted isn't compelling.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Meh.

I absolutely do not think in the way you are implying, nor did my comment come anywhere near what you are saying. You are just spewing shit now. You clearly have NO clue as to what my views are.
    I don't get it, to be honest. Can someone explain it? I'm not kidding... and I'm normally not obtuse.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    http://usuncut.com/politics/100k-signatures/

White House Petition to Investigate Arizona Primary Reaches 100,000 Signatures

• Options
    For all the math lovers here.

This Race Far From Over: New Poll Shows Sanders and Clinton Tied Nationally
    Signaling that the primary race is far from over, a new national poll shows Bernie Sanders tied with Hillary Clinton among those who have voted or plan to vote in a Democratic contest this year.

The Bloomberg Politics survey found 49 percent of respondents preferred Sanders, while 48 percent backed Clinton.

Bloomberg reports: "By a more than 2-to-1 ratio, Democratic primary voters say Sanders would fight harder than Clinton for the middle class and do the most to rein in the power of Wall Street. Nearly six in 10 say the Vermont senator cares the most about people like them, and 64 percent see him as the most honest and trustworthy candidate. Just a quarter of voters said that of Clinton."

J. Ann Selzer, whose firm conducted the poll, told Bloomberg, "It comes down to this: Bernie Sanders is the one Democrats see as looking out for them—meaning he will build a stronger middle class at the expense of Wall Street. They trust him to do it. In the end, Hillary Clinton has a trust problem."

To that end, Politico notes, "voters were split on her changing views on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (46 percent bothered to 48 percent unbothered) and a majority said her paid speeches to Wall Street firms were a concern (54 percent to 45 percent)."

However, the poll suggested that "Clinton may...benefit from the shifting focus to foreign policy in the wake of Tuesday's terrorist attacks in Brussels, which killed at least 31 people," Bloomberg wrote. "Asked which candidate can best combat Islamic terrorism, Clinton bests Sanders by a more than 3-to-1 ratio."

Still, Sanders continues to best Clinton in hypothetical general-election match-ups. While both candidates hold leads over billionaire Donald Trump and Sen. Ted Cruz, only Sanders earned more support than Ohio Gov. John Kasich, who led Clinton by four points.

As Bloomberg noted:

The survey also signaled some trouble for Clinton in holding on to Sanders supporters in November. In general-election match-ups, Sanders holds a 24-point edge over Donald Trump, a 12-point lead over Ted Cruz, and a 4-point advantage over John Kasich among likely general-election voters. Clinton, by contrast, trails Kasich by 4 percentage points. She would carry a sizable lead into a contest against Cruz, where she holds a 9-point advantage, and Trump, whom she beats by 18 points.

The national poll of 1,000 adults was conducted March 19-22 by Selzer & Co. of West Des Moines, Iowa. The subgroup of 311 Democratic primary voters had a margin of error of +/- 5.6 percentage points. The subgroup of 815 likely general-election voters had a margin of error of +/- 3.4 percentage points.

Alaska, Hawaii, and Washington state hold closed Democratic primaries on Saturday.

As Sanders told the Los Angeles Times editorial board on Tuesday: "I have a lot of very fervent supporters out there and we're not going to give up until the last vote is counted."
  • Options
    ^Why didn't you cite the other polls from the past week? I don't bother myself because national polls are meaningless this deep into primary season. Only state polls matter.

Bloomberg 3/19 - 3/22 311 LV 5.6 48 49 Sanders +1
    FOX News 3/20 - 3/22 410 LV 5.0 55 42 Clinton +13
    Quinnipiac 3/16 - 3/21 635 RV 3.9 50 38 Clinton +12
    Monmouth 3/17 - 3/20 391 RV 5.0 55 37 Clinton +18
    CBS News/NY Times 3/17 - 3/20 388 LV 6.0 50 45 Clinton +5
    CNN/ORC 3/17 - 3/20 397 RV 5.0 51 44 Clinton +7
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Meh.

I don't get it, to be honest. Can someone explain it? I'm not kidding... and I'm normally not obtuse.
    On the Rob Ford thread PJSoul could not believe how anyone (such as myself) could vote for Rob Ford because of his alleged "corruption". What I am illustrating is that PJSoul isn't really that concerned with corruption...just conservatism.
  • Options
    Ha. So my 'too soon' Rob Ford joke was actually in the ball park...
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Meh.

On the Rob Ford thread PJSoul could not believe how anyone (such as myself) could vote for Rob Ford because of his alleged "corruption". What I am illustrating is that PJSoul isn't really that concerned with corruption...just conservatism.
    Which is, of course, total bullshit.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,198
    http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/03/doug-sosnik-memo-2016-is-over-213753?cmpid=sf#ixzz442Z1ddgn
    In a prior Politico article, I laid out the primary factors that have shaped the outcome of presidential election in eight of the last nine presidential elections: the state of the economy, the incumbent president’s job approval and how and when the nomination fight is settled. Right now, none of these factors is working in the Republicans’ favor.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Reasons I will not vote for Hillary Clinton:
    • She is Pro Death Penalty.
    • She voted for the Iraq War.
    • She promoted Fracking around the world.
    • The Goldman Sach’s Speeches we are NOT allowed to read.
    • The high fee speeches to charitable organizations like the Boys & Girls club where she kept the fee instead of donating it back.
    • Her enthusiastic embrace of Corporate America running the government because that's where the money is.
    • She helped write and promoted the TPP, and now is against it as a campaign talking point. #whichhillary
    • She supported NAFTA.
    • Big Banks and Big Pharma are both big contributors to her Campaign coffers. What are they getting in return? Wait.. I know...
    • She does not support single payer because the insurance companies would lose money while being unable to make money from cancer and diabetes… Same with Big Pharma.
    • She treated the primary process like a coronation and didn’t believe the American people would be able to ask any questions.
    • Debbie Wassermann Schultz!!!
    • She lies about Bernie and claims victim status for a smear campaign that does not exist.
    • She does not support a living wage for all Americans.
    • She does not believe universal college is possible for all Americans even though it’s established and common in other countries.
    • She opposes the reinstatement of the Glass Steagall Act and the regulation of the derivatives markets.
    • She is supported by the private for-profit prison industry.
    • She helped establish the laws that led to mass incarceration.
    • She received $21+ million in speaking fees since 2013, while saying that she hadn't yet decided to run for President. She hadn't announced, but she decided in 2008.
    • Her campaign is pressuring people to accept that she deserves to be President because she's a woman.
    • Her campaign is pressuring people to believe she should be President because it’s "her turn" like this is about children being polite on a playground.
    • She campaigned for Goldwater!! Goldwater wanted to do away with the Civil Rights Act and racially re-segregate the nation. I know Hillary now says she eventually "saw the light" and turned into a "liberal" democrat, but dude, c'mon. I'm not OK with anyone who EVER supported racism leading my country.
    • Monsanto!
    • Walmart!

do I need to keep going...?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Free said:

• The high fee speeches to charitable organizations like the Boys & Girls club where she kept the fee instead of donating it back.
    • Her enthusiastic embrace of Corporate America running the government because that's where the money is.
    • She helped write and promoted the TPP, and now is against it as a campaign talking point. #whichhillary
    • She supported NAFTA.
    • Big Banks and Big Pharma are both big contributors to her Campaign coffers. What are they getting in return? Wait.. I know...
    • She does not support single payer because the insurance companies would lose money while being unable to make money from cancer and diabetes… Same with Big Pharma.
    • She treated the primary process like a coronation and didn’t believe the American people would be able to ask any questions.
    • She lies about Bernie and claims victim status for a smear campaign that does not exist.
    • She does not believe universal college is possible for all Americans even though it’s established and common in other countries.
    • She opposes the reinstatement of the Glass Steagall Act and the regulation of the derivatives markets.
    • She received $21+ million in speaking fees since 2013, while saying that she hadn't yet decided to run for President. She hadn't announced, but she decided in 2008.
    • Her campaign is pressuring people to accept that she deserves to be President because she's a woman.
    • Her campaign is pressuring people to believe she should be President because it’s "her turn" like this is about children being polite on a playground.
    • She campaigned for Goldwater!! Goldwater wanted to do away with the Civil Rights Act and racially re-segregate the nation. I know Hillary now says she eventually "saw the light" and turned into a "liberal" democrat, but dude, c'mon. I'm not OK with anyone who EVER supported racism leading my country.
    • Monsanto!
    • Walmart!

So you are voting for Trump then, right? Sad as it is, that's the reality. You cast a vote for the Democratic nominee or the Republican nominee one way or the other, any other narrative is just a pipe dream.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    ^ Hey Free! Are these your original thoughts or did you copy and paste them from somewhere??
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

^ Hey Free! Are these your original thoughts or did you copy and paste them from somewhere??

It's going around Facebook, my cousin's wife posted it.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    rgambs said:

Free said:

• She supported NAFTA.
    • Monsanto!
    • Walmart!

So you are voting for Trump then, right? Sad as it is, that's the reality. You cast a vote for the Democratic nominee or the Republican nominee one way or the other, any other narrative is just a pipe dream.
    Duh, no. I won't vote for Hillary even if she wins the nomination.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

It's going around Facebook, my cousin's wife posted it.
    It's a great post, and I agree fully with it.
  • Options
    Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

• She supported NAFTA.
    • Monsanto!
    • Walmart!

Ok, your choice, a vote for Trump it is then!
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

• She supported NAFTA.
    • Monsanto!
    • Walmart!

Ok, your choice, a vote for Trump it is then!
    It's amazing how many of these items are borderline delusional.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    How is this not on the list?

• She is under investigation by the FBI.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Free said:

• She supported NAFTA.
    • Monsanto!
    • Walmart!

If Sanders put this down in an add would it be called a negative one?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Loving how I can post real evidence about hillary and why I, and so many other Americans, will not vote for her, and you fools only want to think Bernie has no chance. All I will say here is...

We will watch and see, now, won't we.

:smiley:
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

• She supported NAFTA.
    • Monsanto!
    • Walmart!

YEAY then Cruz adds minister to Supreme Court. Get another non dancing Ashcroft as lawman and we'll all be saying Lord's Prayer before we gets our entitlements. But you stood your ground.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
This discussion has been closed.