Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    haven't seen a word on this board about what is happening in Honduras....
    Hillary Clinton is the driving force behind corporate sponsored 'regime change' and a total continuation of the hawkish policy that has been fucking the world over for nearly two centuries now...
    You guys can squabble over lesser evils and ideology all you want....meanwhile the world wonders if anyone will ever address changes to foreign policy, gunship/drone diplomacy, and consider the fact that you're consistently sold imperialism as humanitarianism...

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    She is as warlike as Bibi and they are the best of buds.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,848
    edited March 2016

Hillary Clinton is the driving force behind corporate sponsored 'regime change' and a total continuation of the hawkish policy that has been fucking the world over for nearly two centuries now...
    You guys can squabble over lesser evils and ideology all you want....meanwhile the world wonders if anyone will ever address changes to foreign policy, gunship/drone diplomacy, and consider the fact that you're consistently sold imperialism as humanitarianism...

Hillary was the driving force behind regime change? That's one way to spin it I guess. Yet another way was that the leftist ally of Chavez and Castro was proposing to an amendment to their constitution to allow him to stay in office. One of the key amendments that was not allowed to be altered. There was a coup. Zelaya was ousted. The Obama administration and Mexico's president persuaded the rebellion leader to reinstate him for his final three months and then have new elections where neither the rebellion leader or Zelaya was allowed to run.

Is that hawkish to you? Others call it Realpolitik.
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

Ain't no thang! Boom!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:
    Dude. Seriously you have to know that guy is an idiot. Don't denigrate a serious conversation with that bs. You think Hillary is dog whistling racists? Cmon.
    Hilly never dog whistles Israel?
    To quote Fletch: no no never never
  • Options
    Some frequent posters should read this...

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/03/18/80774/
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:
    Dude. Seriously you have to know that guy is an idiot. Don't denigrate a serious conversation with that bs. You think Hillary is dog whistling racists? Cmon.
    To quote Fletch: no no never
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:
    To quote Fletch: no no never never
    Okay wait. She's a racist but she supports the Jews. Good one. Way to keep your arguments in order, rook.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

How about you formulate your own arguments rather than copy and passing the thoughts of others.

I'm really curious how old you are, Free. Are you still in school?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

How about you formulate your own arguments rather than copy and passing the thoughts of others.

I'm really curious how old you are, Free. Are you still in school?
    "10"
  • Options
    I was formulating a thought on my own wondering with all of the strange deaths surrounding the Clintons throughout the years ( Google it so I don't have to pastie it) that maybe just maybe Clintons had something to do with JFKjr plane crash, as he was a cinch lock for the Senate seat Hilly won after his tragic death...then I thought nah. Silly me
  • Options
    As I said previously...attorney fees on taxpayer dime!

The former president did take one sensible precaution: He cleared his speech gigs with State Department ethics lawyers. According to records obtained by the gadfly group Judicial Watch, the lawyers approved every one of the 215 speeches that were proposed.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-oe-0503-mcmanus-clinton-foundation-20150503-column.html
  • Options
    Out of [an] abundance of caution and a desire to avoid even the appearance … of a conflict,” Clinton said, the foundation would agree to strict rules: It would disclose all its donors and clear new contributions from foreign governments with the State Department.

Only that didn't happen. The biggest branch of the Clintons' charitable network, the Clinton Health Access Initiative, never complied with the agreement at all, according to the Boston Globe. It neither disclosed its donors nor cleared new contributions. (A spokesman said they didn't think it was necessary. After media inquiries, the program published a list of donors last month.) The Clinton Foundation also failed to clear a donation of $500,000 from Algeria. (An oversight, the foundation said.) And the foundation's Canadian affiliate collected millions of dollars without disclosing donors' names. (Canadian law guarantees privacy to donors, but the foundation could have asked them to voluntarily disclose their identities; it didn't until last week.)
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    JC29856 said:

I was formulating a thought on my own wondering with all of the strange deaths surrounding the Clintons throughout the years ( Google it so I don't have to pastie it) that maybe just maybe Clintons had something to do with JFKjr plane crash, as he was a cinch lock for the Senate seat Hilly won after his tragic death...then I thought nah. Silly me

Or, an inexperienced pilot who was not instrument trained or IFR rated was flying a plane in conditions in which he was not trained.

You've seriously lost it at this point. You've heard of Obama Derangement Syndrome, well you've got Hillary Derangement Syndrome. Give it a rest or grow up.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    Douchy comment #18. I'll re-engage when you have something thoughtful or adult to say.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    i dont vote bc of good reasons but if i did it wouldnt be trump it would be hillary bc lets face it shes been through enough with her husband lol
    but i dont vote bc Gods kingdom is no part of the worldly rulers and so we are for Gods kingdom which means or says in the bible will wipe out all worldly rulerships in the last days and be given to the lord and thats why in the lords prayer Jesus famous prayer he says ''let your kingdom come let your will take place in earth as in heaven also..
    in all honesty man is imperfect and weak and sin and to let one direct the world in such attributes is just chaos and really there is no peace in the world brought by man bc in reality if governments were to end wars there would still be crimes in the streets of domestic violence amongst strangers or even families and peace would never happen unless there were divine intervention and thats what we need we need harmony true harmony that doesnt exist in the world but is demonstrated in a simple melodious riff or song that just plays beautifully and there is plent of harmonious tunes in music and it all adds to variety not corrupting one another, now why cannot the world be like this in its different cultures ?? no it would not get boring.. certainly you never get bored with a good week in your life you just explore and learn more theres no need for distress bc that is just chaos and hindrance and does not mean either you need it to enjoy a good week better ''nonsense'' you enjoy a good meal everyday and dont need a crap one to know how good tomorrows meal will be..
    thats my 2 bob
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited March 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Hillary was the driving force behind regime change? That's one way to spin it I guess. Yet another way was that the leftist ally of Chavez and Castro was proposing to an amendment to their constitution to allow him to stay in office. One of the key amendments that was not allowed to be altered. There was a coup. Zelaya was ousted. The Obama administration and Mexico's president persuaded the rebellion leader to reinstate him for his final three months and then have new elections where neither the rebellion leader or Zelaya was allowed to run.

It couldn't be further from realpolitik, but you get today's readers digest word power award :wink:

Is speaking of Chavez supposed to convince readers that zelaya was a dangerous commy or something? Or that it's likely the US was behind the coup? Because he was trying to raise the minimum wage, review land claims, and institute social reforms that never go over well with International biz interests. chiquita and dole. Literal banana republic shit we're talking. Not to mention the current infrastructure projects that activists have been getting killed over; situations straight out of a John Perkins book....
    junta installed....trained at the school of Americas, consulted by a couple Clinton lobbyists, one was a personal lawyer of bill's...its so textbook.
    The election you refer to was boycotted by zelaya supporters. 'Humanitarian aid' keeps increasing for the right wing government (the kind both D's and R's favour)..
    Most sources outside the US say zelaya was proposing a constitutional re-write that would not have taken place until after he left office. But if that was the reason for the coup, why no outcry when the Supreme Court was cleaned and stacked prior to a re-election amendment was implemented AFTER the coup?
    meanwhile Honduras has become a trafficking point for up to 80% of US blow. The CIA has no history in that scene, man.
    Honduras is home to a major US military base, something that has become less common in SA.
    So...spinning it that way... realpolitik?

Post edited by Drowned Out on
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    JWPearl said:

i dont vote bc of good reasons but if i did it wouldnt be trump it would be hillary bc lets face it shes been through enough with her husband lol
    but i dont vote bc Gods kingdom is no part of the worldly rulers and so we are for Gods kingdom which means or says in the bible will wipe out all worldly rulerships in the last days and be given to the lord and thats why in the lords prayer Jesus famous prayer he says ''let your kingdom come let your will take place in earth as in heaven also..
    in all honesty man is imperfect and weak and sin and to let one direct the world in such attributes is just chaos and really there is no peace in the world brought by man bc in reality if governments were to end wars there would still be crimes in the streets of domestic violence amongst strangers or even families and peace would never happen unless there were divine intervention and thats what we need we need harmony true harmony that doesnt exist in the world but is demonstrated in a simple melodious riff or song that just plays beautifully and there is plent of harmonious tunes in music and it all adds to variety not corrupting one another, now why cannot the world be like this in its different cultures ?? no it would not get boring.. certainly you never get bored with a good week in your life you just explore and learn more theres no need for distress bc that is just chaos and hindrance and does not mean either you need it to enjoy a good week better ''nonsense'' you enjoy a good meal everyday and dont need a crap one to know how good tomorrows meal will be..
    thats my 2 bob

Render unto Caesar...
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

It couldn't be further from realpolitik, but you get today's readers digest word power award :wink:

Is speaking of Chavez supposed to convince readers that zelaya was a dangerous commy or something? Or that it's likely the US was behind the coup? Because he was trying to raise the minimum wage, review land claims, and institute social reforms that never go over well with International biz interests. chiquita and dole. Literal banana republic shit we're talking. Not to mention the current infrastructure projects that activists have been getting killed over; situations straight out of a John Perkins book....
    junta installed....trained at the school of Americas, consulted by a couple Clinton lobbyists, one was a personal lawyer of bill's...its so textbook.
    The election you refer to was boycotted by zelaya supporters. 'Humanitarian aid' keeps increasing for the right wing government (the kind both D's and R's favour)..
    Most sources outside the US say zelaya was proposing a constitutional re-write that would not have taken place until after he left office. But if that was the reason for the coup, why no outcry when the Supreme Court was cleaned and stacked prior to a re-election amendment was implemented AFTER the coup?
    meanwhile Honduras has become a trafficking point for up to 80% of US blow. The CIA has no history in that scene, man.
    Honduras is home to a major US military base, something that has become less common in SA.
    So...spinning it that way... realpolitik?

My intent was to spin the coup in precisely the opposite way that the previous poster did, to point out how easy it is to paint something one way or the other, using incendiary language. The truth is probably somewhere in between. But here are some things that are interesting to me:

1. If Zelaya was simply a benevolent reformer, why didn't he leave those altruistic projects to his successor? He could not have implemented those reforms by the time he left office and if he didn't want to stay (his argument), why float the referendum? If those projects are what the people wanted, wouldn't a successor have been elected to continue the reforms?

2. Clinton Derangement Syndrome...again. Was Obama a lackey? A rube? A neophyte that was under the spell of the power wielding Clinton? Did I miss the change in the Constitution where the Sec'y of State calls all the shots? Where there are no Joint Chiefs, DOD, Cabinet Meetings.. no POTUS? Clinton bashers tend to lay all the decisions of the OBAMA administration at the feet Clinton, as if she wasn't implemented the policy of the POTUS. I find it interesting that we lay Iraq at the feet of W (not Powell) but everything from 2008-12 is Clinton's call. And Kerry continues the same policies.

And yes, it is Realpolitik. It's precisely that unless you start from the position that the Obama administration orchestrated the coup, which I've never seen from any credible source.

• Options
    What has taken so long for you muricins to be hitchslapped
    History repeats folks, wake up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JCtiDx9pX8
  • Options

What has taken so long for you muricins to be hitchslapped
    History repeats folks, wake up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JCtiDx9pX8

Those are powerful 20 seconds right there. Can't believe it's not a stand alone super PAC ad.
  • Options
    Nevermind90Nevermind90 Posts: 722
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    She opens up the ass kissing spectacle that is the AIPAC convention in about 5 mins.
    SELL OUTS! Say hello to Lloyd Blankfein, the entire Federal Reserve and soon to be 4 of 5 Supreme Court justices. For a 3% population, that aint to shabby. Laugh or you might wanna cry.

http://stopaipacforpeace.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,598
    edited March 2016
    rssesq said:

She opens up the ass kissing spectacle that is the AIPAC convention in about 5 mins.
    SELL OUTS! Say hello Lloyd Blankfein, the entire Federal Reserve and soon to be 4 of 5 Supreme Court justices. For a 3% population, that aint to shabby. Laugh or you might wanna cry.

http://stopaipacforpeace.blogspot.com/

What is your point exactly?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    Hillary Clinton is running to the right of Donald Trump on Israel.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/21/politics/hillary-clinton-aipac-speech-donald-trump/index.html

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/21/politics/hillary-clinton-aipac-speech-donald-trump/index.html

This should surprise no one. Hillary has always taken this position. It will be interesting to see if Trump sticks to that mantra in his speech today. He's said basically nothing of substance on the subject thus far.
  • Options
    "We can't be neutral when rockets rain down on residential neighborhoods, when civilians are stabbed in the street. Some things aren't negotiable, and anyone who doesn't understand that has no business being our president."

Someone remind Hillary that those rockets land in open fields. Ask her what she would do to someone that bulldozed her home. I highly doubt she or Billy would gather kitchen utensils and rocks to defend their land.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    mrussel1 said:

JimmyV said:

This should surprise no one. Hillary has always taken this position. It will be interesting to see if Trump sticks to that mantra in his speech today. He's said basically nothing of substance on the subject thus far.
    It surprised me. The Democratic frontrunner is running to the right of a Republican candidate who is being routinely referred to as a fascist? That is a problem.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    Yuck.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

mrussel1 said:

JimmyV said:

It surprised me. The Democratic frontrunner is running to the right of a Republican candidate who is being routinely referred to as a fascist? That is a problem.

I'm not sure that the 'Trump is a fascist' argument and Hillary being more pro-Israel than Trump are connected in any way. In fact, since fascism is generally connected to ultra-nationalism, there is almost a dichotomy between the two positions.

I've never been particularly comfortable with how close we are with Israel, but much of my discomfort comes from the Likud party and Bibby specifically. If there was another moderate that supported a two state solution, I would absolutely support continued military funding while pulling back on the settlements.
This discussion has been closed.