mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Shocking that the washington establishment is voting for the washington establishment.
    Yeah four star general, sec of state, etc. What a piece of shit.
    Not a piece of shit just a man who wants to maintain the status quo. That's the choice. Keep it going or burn it down.
    Burn it down? Give me some examples in the 300 years where they burned it down and something better came behind it.

France 1789? Russia 1917? Germany 33? Spain? How about China and the Cultural Revolution. No thanks. Burn down your own fucking country, leave ours alone.
    Now who's being melodramatic? Nobody's talking about a revolution but just a mass restructuring of government agencies at the federal level. Washington is broken. You are either voting to take a stab at fixing it or voting for more of the same.
    Words matter, Mr. Trump. Use the proper ones. It why we are in this shit election today.
    You are in this shit election today because the professional politicians from either party have been bystandards to horrible governance for the longest time. Washington is broken and people are now willing to throw in their lot with a charlatan. Is the cure worse then the disease? Is the cure even a cure at all? Who knows but it is time for alternative forms of treatment because the disease cannot go on.
    Washington is broken because the GOP is controlled by radicals and their media arm who inhibit the smallest bit of a progress. These radicals are upset because their world is changing. Gays, minorities and those educated at the liberal universities are growing in the share of the electorate, to the point where these radicals can no longer win general elections. The times they are a changing.
    Oh right...the deplorables
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Shocking that the washington establishment is voting for the washington establishment.
    Not a piece of shit just a man who wants to maintain the status quo. That's the choice. Keep it going or burn it down.
    Burn it down? Give me some examples in the 300 years where they burned it down and something better came behind it.

France 1789? Russia 1917? Germany 33? Spain? How about China and the Cultural Revolution. No thanks. Burn down your own fucking country, leave ours alone.
    Now who's being melodramatic? Nobody's talking about a revolution but just a mass restructuring of government agencies at the federal level. Washington is broken. You are either voting to take a stab at fixing it or voting for more of the same.
    Words matter, Mr. Trump. Use the proper ones. It why we are in this shit election today.
    You are in this shit election today because the professional politicians from either party have been bystandards to horrible governance for the longest time. Washington is broken and people are now willing to throw in their lot with a charlatan. Is the cure worse then the disease? Is the cure even a cure at all? Who knows but it is time for alternative forms of treatment because the disease cannot go on.
    People want change, and they also don't want change. Check and see how many incumbents stay in congress for your evidence.
    Right and this year there is a presidential candidate running against all of them including the incumbents of his own party.
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Washington is broken because the GOP is controlled by radicals and their media arm who inhibit the smallest bit of a progress. These radicals are upset because their world is changing. Gays, minorities and those educated at the liberal universities are growing in the share of the electorate, to the point where these radicals can no longer win general elections. The times they are a changing.
    There's a whole lot of truth to this, and amen,, but they're also upset because of the Federal govt over reaching. They're really upset because states are being squashed by the federal govt.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,830
    tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

rssesq said:

msnbc is where most dems go for mainlinemedia

I must admit that use to be me. I haven't watched MSNBC in almost two years. Gave it up completely, been sober for almost two years...

I use to be a big fan of Rachel M. and was probably one of maybe 10 people in the country who would actually watch lawrence o'donnell
    Do you disagree with my post?

Btw, I like O'Donnell as a guest but he isn't good enough to have his own show. He's not that interesting. Rachel is. So is Megan Kelly, btw. I think they are the two strongest political personalities today.
    Matt's buzzing!!!! hahaha

I must also admit, getting buzzed and hitting AMT is a lot of fun! Especially when you have a lot of users on board.
    Nah, still on a plane. But I have the Disco Biscuits Thursday and Phish Friday, so I believe I will be plenty.
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

rssesq said:

I must admit that use to be me. I haven't watched MSNBC in almost two years. Gave it up completely, been sober for almost two years...

I use to be a big fan of Rachel M. and was probably one of maybe 10 people in the country who would actually watch lawrence o'donnell

Btw, I like O'Donnell as a guest but he isn't good enough to have his own show. He's not that interesting. Rachel is. So is Megan Kelly, btw. I think they are the two strongest political personalities today.

I must also admit, getting buzzed and hitting AMT is a lot of fun! Especially when you have a lot of users on board.
    Nah, still on a plane. But I have the Disco Biscuits Thursday and Phish Friday, so I believe I will be plenty.
    hahaha... damn... you flying in from China, wtf?!?! You've been on a plane for like 12hrs.. haha..

cheers!
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,591
    Listen to Bernie....

https://youtu.be/On06GkDznOg
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

rssesq said:

hahaha... damn... you flying in from China, wtf?!?! You've been on a plane for like 12hrs.. haha..

cheers!
    Hardy fucking hard.
    What a thread to be flying on.
    A human being that was given to fly!
    Hillary for POTUS!
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,739
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

People want change, and they also don't want change. Check and see how many incumbents stay in congress for your evidence.
    Right and this year there is a presidential candidate running against all of them including the incumbents of his own party.
    So how do you think Trump unintentionally torpedo'ing the GOP is going to do?
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

What makes you think it's unintentional?
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

What makes you think it's unintentional?
    Because he's a self-serving egomaniac that doesn't give a shit about anything but his own interests. Those interest don't include improving society.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,137
    http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/secret-service-agent-says-good/

Hillary's treatment of her Secret Service appears to be not so good.

"Good morning, ma'am," a member of the uniformed Secret Service once greeted Hillary Clinton. "F*** off," she replied.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited October 2016
    g under p said:

"Good morning, ma'am," a member of the uniformed Secret Service once greeted Hillary Clinton. "F*** off," she replied.

Peace

Shame on you.
    Facts are left for the right.

edit - and to be fair this seems like a shit disturbing comment from a peace
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    g under p said:

Peace

Yeah, I have heard this stuff before. Unfortunately the Secret Service's reputation is pretty tarnished lately so their credibility is in question.
    Personally, I don't give any additional credibility to an individuals claims because of the clothes they wear to work, but I am certainly in the minority there. People tend to think anyone who wears a somewhat military style uniform (they wear suits, but you get the point) should be taken at their word for some reason, as if cops and soldiers are not fallible people who are often wrong or lying.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    g under p said:

Peace

:fearful:
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,649
    rgambs said:

g under p said:

Peace

Yeah, I have heard this stuff before. Unfortunately the Secret Service's reputation is pretty tarnished lately so their credibility is in question.
    Personally, I don't give any additional credibility to an individuals claims because of the clothes they wear to work, but I am certainly in the minority there. People tend to think anyone who wears a somewhat military style uniform (they wear suits, but you get the point) should be taken at their word for some reason, as if cops and soldiers are not fallible people who are often wrong or lying.
    Everyone is lying except Hillary right? All benefit of the doubt is provided to Hillary I guess. She can do no wrong.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,847
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Agreed there are areas of the federal government that need work but how many supporters of Trump are actually voting for him for this reason? All I hear is 'He speaks the truth' or 'Hillary is a liar' from his supporters. Where are the people supporting Trump who want to uproot the government? I'm sure there are but they are in the minority of his supporters, I would go as low as 5%. Look at his rallies. He's inciting the crowd to turn on the press and the followers are following his lead. These are not the type of people who are there because they are in tune with the workings (good or bad) of the federal government. I think you are giving way too much credit to his supporters.

• Options

rgambs said:

g under p said:

Peace

Everyone is lying except Hillary right? All benefit of the doubt is provided to Hillary I guess. She can do no wrong.
    She is a proven liar and she has serious judgement issues, the email issue is proof of that. She does much wrong and is far from my first choice for POTUS.
    I can feel and believe all of that to my core and still not give a shit what some Secret Service guy says about her telling him to fuck off. Does he not have the same possible incentives and motives to lie as anybody else, Clinton included? Of course he does, but because he "serves" his word is taken as truth.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

g under p said:

Peace

She is a proven liar and she has serious judgement issues, the email issue is proof of that. She does much wrong and is far from my first choice for POTUS.
    I can feel and believe all of that to my core and still not give a shit what some Secret Service guy says about her telling him to fuck off. Does he not have the same possible incentives and motives to lie as anybody else, Clinton included? Of course he does, but because he "serves" his word is taken as truth.
    Hear, hear :clap:
    Hillary for POTUS!
  • Options
    eddiec said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Agreed there are areas of the federal government that need work but how many supporters of Trump are actually voting for him for this reason? All I hear is 'He speaks the truth' or 'Hillary is a liar' from his supporters. Where are the people supporting Trump who want to uproot the government? I'm sure there are but they are in the minority of his supporters, I would go as low as 5%. Look at his rallies. He's inciting the crowd to turn on the press and the followers are following his lead. These are not the type of people who are there because they are in tune with the workings (good or bad) of the federal government. I think you are giving way too much credit to his supporters.

I think it is the exact opposite. You accept the narrative and caricature of "the deplorables" and hence do not give his supporters enough credit. It is why I linked to that Michael Moore video before. He is no right winger and is certainly not a Trump supporter but understands that he is speaking to a massive segment of the population that just want to "throw the bums out". These people are not racists and are not idiots and they might not even like Trump but what they want to do is give the establishment a giant middle finger and Trump is the vehicle to do that. Washington is broken and the choice is something different or more of the same. That is it. The election is about nothing else.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

eddiec said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

I think it is the exact opposite. You accept the narrative and caricature of "the deplorables" and hence do not give his supporters enough credit. It is why I linked to that Michael Moore video before. He is no right winger and is certainly not a Trump supporter but understands that he is speaking to a massive segment of the population that just want to "throw the bums out". These people are not racists and are not idiots and they might not even like Trump but what they want to do is give the establishment a giant middle finger and Trump is the vehicle to do that. Washington is broken and the choice is something different or more of the same. That is it. The election is about nothing else.
    That's all fine and dandy as a narrative to make you feel better about conservatism, but it doesn't square with what we here in America are seeing and hearing on a daily basis.
    The "blow it up" people who aren't idiots or deplorables are mostly going 3rd party or abstaining. Sure, some non-deplorables are supporting him, the half dumbasses who know nothing about politics at all. The fact is, people with critical thinking skills know that he is not going to blow anything up or change the status quo. I don't really believe that you believe he will do so, you know as well as the rest of us it will be politics and corruption as usual, just with a more conservative flavor.

The fact of the matter is that the majority of Trump's support is coming from the aptly named deplorables. Trump signs go hand in hand with Confederate flags, every white racist in the country who votes for POTUS will vote for Trump, believe it. One of my neighbors has a sign that says "Trump that B**ch"
    Classy.
    His campaign exploded on the premise that Mexico sends their rapists to America, that is pretty telling. His demographic support is telling. His white supremacist support is telling. Everything points to the "blow it up" people being the fringe among his support base.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

eddiec said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

That's all fine and dandy as a narrative to make you feel better about conservatism, but it doesn't square with what we here in America are seeing and hearing on a daily basis.
    The "blow it up" people who aren't idiots or deplorables are mostly going 3rd party or abstaining. Sure, some non-deplorables are supporting him, the half dumbasses who know nothing about politics at all. The fact is, people with critical thinking skills know that he is not going to blow anything up or change the status quo. I don't really believe that you believe he will do so, you know as well as the rest of us it will be politics and corruption as usual, just with a more conservative flavor.

The fact of the matter is that the majority of Trump's support is coming from the aptly named deplorables. Trump signs go hand in hand with Confederate flags, every white racist in the country who votes for POTUS will vote for Trump, believe it. One of my neighbors has a sign that says "Trump that B**ch"
    Classy.
    His campaign exploded on the premise that Mexico sends their rapists to America, that is pretty telling. His demographic support is telling. His white supremacist support is telling. Everything points to the "blow it up" people being the fringe among his support base.
    This has nothing to do with conservatism because I don't believe he is a conservative and most republicans don't believe he is a conservative. Most conservatives including myself don't actually like trump but recognize the protest vote he is now becoming. I'm sorry but his "base" is made up of far more rational "throw the bums out" voters then the racists you describe. At some point democrats win or lose will have to come to terms with segment of the electorate that are not racist but that are just disgusted with the whole system. They are real people with real concerns and brushing them of as racist is just a way for you to avoid dealing with their troubles. Washington is broken and the choice is between change or more of the same. Nobody knows what Trump's change will bring but what they do know is that for the first time ever there is a candidate who doesn't owe anything to his own party or any big money donors. It is the system's hate for Trump that would actually allow him to affect the most change. I get that it's scary but in some ways it's refreshing.

Finally as an aside...

In this day in Presidential history polls had Jimmy Carter up 9 points over Ronald Reagan.

Trump is behind but in swing states he is still close enough to make a move. Those states will either all break away from him or all break for him. People want change and they just have to decide whether they want to take a plunge on a massive question mark.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

eddiec said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Classy.
    This has nothing to do with conservatism because I don't believe he is a conservative and most republicans don't believe he is a conservative. Most conservatives including myself don't actually like trump but recognize the protest vote he is now becoming. I'm sorry but his "base" is made up of far more rational "throw the bums out" voters then the racists you describe. At some point democrats win or lose will have to come to terms with segment of the electorate that are not racist but that are just disgusted with the whole system. They are real people with real concerns and brushing them of as racist is just a way for you to avoid dealing with their troubles. Washington is broken and the choice is between change or more of the same. Nobody knows what Trump's change will bring but what they do know is that for the first time ever there is a candidate who doesn't owe anything to his own party or any big money donors. It is the system's hate for Trump that would actually allow him to affect the most change. I get that it's scary but in some ways it's refreshing.

Finally as an aside...

In this day in Presidential history polls had Jimmy Carter up 9 points over Ronald Reagan.

Trump is behind but in swing states he is still close enough to make a move. Those states will either all break away from him or all break for him. People want change and they just have to decide whether they want to take a plunge on a massive question mark.
    In 1980, the debate happened right before the election. I would bet it was after that poll you just cited. This was the infamous 'malaise' debate that sank Carter.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,164
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

eddiec said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Classy.

Finally as an aside...

In 1980, the debate happened right before the election. I would bet it was after that poll you just cited. This was the infamous 'malaise' debate that sank Carter.
    And we didn't have the internet feeding people bullshit information...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

eddiec said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Classy.

Finally as an aside...

Nor was there constant polling so you could see the trends.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited October 2016
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

eddiec said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Classy.

White supremacist support? fringe? and criminals do come from Mexico (not all) and he has stated that.... i think that part of the statement was more a reflection of people like you and fellow HRC supporters and how you perceive those that have a different opinion than you

lets label everyone racist and xenophobes and see if it sticks....

i have come across plenty of Trump supporters who are doctors, teachers, management...all levels of upper education and not the typical backwoods redneck that HRC supporters try to portray Trump supporters

almost every HRC supporter i have come across on this board or in real life are some of the least tolerant, most angry, and least open minded people i have ever encountered
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

eddiec said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Classy.

Finally as an aside...

I don't understand how you are in a position to make those claims. How many people do you know who are voting for Trump? How can you say that it has nothing to do with conservatism with the right-wing media giving him unconditional support?
    I know actual, real world Trump supporters in the flesh and they are not what you so desperately want to believe they are.
    You are contradicting the many conservative voices like George Will who are disgusted with what conservatism has become since they let the Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage, crowd take over their movement.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,117

rgambs said:

g under p said:

Peace

what rgambs said.

I find it very interesting how most everyone who hates hillary takes every anti-hillary claim as gospel. come on. you know better.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjalive21 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

eddiec said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Classy.

White supremacist support? fringe? and criminals do come from Mexico (not all) and he has stated that.... i think that part of the statement was more a reflection of people like you and fellow HRC supporters and how you perceive those that have a different opinion than you

i have come across plenty of Trump supporters who are doctors, teachers, management...all levels of upper education and not the typical backwoods redneck that HRC supporters try to portray Trump supporters
    I haven't. Had dinner last night here in Vegas with 11 people. All professionals executive level or senior management. About half are Republicans by nature. Every one of them hates Trump. Half don't like HRC at all, but they all think Trump is a disgrace.

I literally know one person who actually liked Trump and that is my conspiracy nut brother in law.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,164
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

eddiec said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Classy.

Finally as an aside...

Nor was there constant polling so you could see the trends.
    Yeah and they get released without much commentary. Just "TRUMP LEADS CLINTON IN FL" but no commentary on other polls or the track record of the poll they are announcing.

Then 30 minutes later "CLINTON LEADS TRUMP IN FL"....
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

eddiec said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Classy.

almost every HRC supporter i have come across on this board or in real life are some of the least tolerant, most angry, and least open minded people i have ever encountered
    So what's his white supremacist support tell you? Why does he appeal more to less educated people?
This discussion has been closed.