• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited October 2016
    mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:
    This to me just makes Hillary seem a lot smarter than her opponents. I don't think she's the one who should be criticized about this.... If I really wanted to win an election I'd try to get the media on my side too. Brilliant.
    The fucking press needs to be put under a microscope though. Is the journalistic ideal dead in America? That is an issue unrelated to Hillary Clinton or any other politician in particular.
    But then my third thought comes up.... What exactly was the press expected to do in this case? Act as though Trump is perfectly normal, and a reasonable candidate for POTUS???? I feel like Trump himself put the press in an impossible situation if it's total objectivity people are looking for in this election cycle. I mean, if you had a chimp running against Hillary, would the press be expected to take that seriously to? To not just be honest with the clear fact that a chimp is not a legitimate nominee? I honestly think that is a perfectly valid comparison to the Clinton vs Trump situation and how the mainstream press is supposed to handle it.
    FWIW, I think Bernie Sanders got okay treatment from the press, but probably not enough. If we're looking to really evaluate how the press is biased towards Hillary, that would be the case study to look at.
    lol
    I'm joining that LOL... Bernie Sanders got okay treatment?!?! ... WTF... Anyhow.. those types of comments have been posted over and over and over... They're a drain to read and it's incredible how people continue to make excuses... excuse after excuse after excuse...
    First off, the media wasnt tough on Bernie at all. They didnt challenge his policies and didnt explore his past. I'll buy that he didn't get as much TV time as Hillary, but Trump got more than any candidate and the right wing wasn't complaining about it being rigged for that reason.

Second, Huffington Post absolutely fawned over Bernie and savaged Hillary until she won the nomination. And they are not exactly small time. They are in the top 5 media sites in the country. It's where Democrats go for mainstream news and I'm sure you can't argue that point.
    First - No one cared about him or his policies.

Second - That may be where Dems go but it certainly isn't where others go.

Third - This is a Hillary for POTUS thread. Get happy! She is the next POTUS! Positive vibes only here mister.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:
    This to me just makes Hillary seem a lot smarter than her opponents. I don't think she's the one who should be criticized about this.... If I really wanted to win an election I'd try to get the media on my side too. Brilliant.
    The fucking press needs to be put under a microscope though. Is the journalistic ideal dead in America? That is an issue unrelated to Hillary Clinton or any other politician in particular.
    But then my third thought comes up.... What exactly was the press expected to do in this case? Act as though Trump is perfectly normal, and a reasonable candidate for POTUS???? I feel like Trump himself put the press in an impossible situation if it's total objectivity people are looking for in this election cycle. I mean, if you had a chimp running against Hillary, would the press be expected to take that seriously to? To not just be honest with the clear fact that a chimp is not a legitimate nominee? I honestly think that is a perfectly valid comparison to the Clinton vs Trump situation and how the mainstream press is supposed to handle it.
    FWIW, I think Bernie Sanders got okay treatment from the press, but probably not enough. If we're looking to really evaluate how the press is biased towards Hillary, that would be the case study to look at.
    lol
    This is what makes a non-Hillary supporter (doesn't mean a Trump supporter) have a headache.
    Reading opinions like this.
    No coherency whatsoever.
    Of course in no personal way whatsoever as well.

It's perfectly coherent - maybe you don't know what that word means.
    This is just another side.
    That is all. No more no less.
    http://reason.com/archives/2016/07/25/hillary-clintons-dangerously-coherent-fo
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,841
    rssesq said:

msnbc is where most dems go for mainlinemedia

TV yes, but online is definitely Huffington. I don't know if MSNBC was partial to HRC or not. I didn't really watch it. I would have thought Maddow would be pro HRC, but may be wrong.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:
    lol
    I'm joining that LOL... Bernie Sanders got okay treatment?!?! ... WTF... Anyhow.. those types of comments have been posted over and over and over... They're a drain to read and it's incredible how people continue to make excuses... excuse after excuse after excuse...
    First off, the media wasnt tough on Bernie at all. They didnt challenge his policies and didnt explore his past. I'll buy that he didn't get as much TV time as Hillary, but Trump got more than any candidate and the right wing wasn't complaining about it being rigged for that reason.

Second, Huffington Post absolutely fawned over Bernie and savaged Hillary until she won the nomination. And they are not exactly small time. They are in the top 5 media sites in the country. It's where Democrats go for mainstream news and I'm sure you can't argue that point.
    First - No one cared about him or his policies.

Second - That may be where Dems go but it certainly isn't where others go.

Third - This is a Hillary for POTUS thread. Get happy! She is the next POTUS! Positive vibes only here mister.
    Thanks for the contribution.
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    rssesq said:

I must admit that use to be me. I haven't watched MSNBC in almost two years. Gave it up completely, been sober for almost two years...

I use to be a big fan of Rachel M. and was probably one of maybe 10 people in the country who would actually watch lawrence o'donnell
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Shocking that the washington establishment is voting for the washington establishment.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Shocking that the washington establishment is voting for the washington establishment.
    Yeah four star general, sec of state, etc. What a piece of shit.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 - Are you day drunk? You seem bitter and short so early.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:
    lol
    This is what makes a non-Hillary supporter (doesn't mean a Trump supporter) have a headache.
    Reading opinions like this.
    No coherency whatsoever.
    Of course in no personal way whatsoever as well.

It's perfectly coherent - maybe you don't know what that word means.
    This is just another side.
    That is all. No more no less.
    http://reason.com/archives/2016/07/25/hillary-clintons-dangerously-coherent-fo
    I totally agree that Trump is incoherent. He can barely string a real sentence together when he speaks.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

rssesq said:

I must admit that use to be me. I haven't watched MSNBC in almost two years. Gave it up completely, been sober for almost two years...

I use to be a big fan of Rachel M. and was probably one of maybe 10 people in the country who would actually watch lawrence o'donnell
    Do you disagree with my post?

Btw, I like O'Donnell as a guest but he isn't good enough to have his own show. He's not that interesting. Rachel is. So is Megan Kelly, btw. I think they are the two strongest political personalities today.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Not a piece of shit just a man who wants to maintain the status quo. That's the choice. Keep it going or burn it down.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Uh, oh.
    Someone has just voted Hillary.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    tonifig8 said:

rssesq said:

I watch politics nation on the regs. His head is actually larger than his whole midsection.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r48-nnWZQJ4
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Not a piece of shit just a man who wants to maintain the status quo. That's the choice. Keep it going or burn it down.
    Burn it down? Give me some examples in the 300 years where they burned it down and something better came behind it.

France 1789? Russia 1917? Germany 33? Spain? How about China and the Cultural Revolution. No thanks. Burn down your own fucking country, leave ours alone.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Burn it down? Give me some examples in the 300 years where they burned it down and something better came behind it.

Burn down your own fucking country, leave ours alone.
    Is this a reference that Hillary supporters don't know about?
    If it isn't well why are you so upset?

• Options

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Que? What reference?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Que? What reference?
    Nevermind.
    Something strange is going on with your posts lately.
    Everyone goes through something at times.
    A Hillary for POTUS thread may not be the best one to unleash.
    Trust me.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Que? What reference?
    Nevermind.
    Trust me.
    Why did you edit my post in your quote above? You removed the historical references.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

France 1789? Russia 1917? Germany 33? Spain? How about China and the Cultural Revolution. No thanks. Burn down your own fucking country, leave ours alone.
    Now who's being melodramatic? Nobody's talking about a revolution but just a mass restructuring of government agencies at the federal level. Washington is broken. You are either voting to take a stab at fixing it or voting for more of the same.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Que? What reference?
    Nevermind.
    Trust me.
    Why did you edit my post in your quote above? You removed the historical references.
    Sorry.
    It must've been the Huffington Post in me.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Yup. There is nothing wrong with looking ahead and hoping for a better system, but unless people want the entire American civilization to basically collapse, they should be looking at doable ways to improve the existing system rather than having fantasies about something else. I mean, in the scheme of things, Americans still have it pretty good (not to minimize bullshit - I'm not trying to do that), and even the most radical anti-establishment types would probably be well-served to keep that in mind when they think about what they do and don't want in the future. In other words, it's important to keep things in perspective. Only fanatics/extremists/morons have a problem doing that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Now who's being melodramatic? Nobody's talking about a revolution but just a mass restructuring of government agencies at the federal level. Washington is broken. You are either voting to take a stab at fixing it or voting for more of the same.
    Words matter, Mr. Trump. Use the proper ones. It why we are in this shit election today.

Edit- funny that Trump never said anything close to what you described above. He has no agenda except removing two regs for every new one. Oh and he thinks we have too many food regulations in this country. Again, how about you take that mantra to your country... STOP REGULATING OUR FOOD! What a winning platform.
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Yup. There is nothing wrong with looking ahead and hoping for a better system, but unless people want the entire American civilization to basically collapse, they should be looking at doable ways to improve the existing system rather than having fantasies about something else. I mean, in the scheme of things, Americans still have it pretty good (not to minimize bullshit - I'm not trying to do that), and even the most radical anti-establishment types would probably be well-served to keep that in mind when they think about what they do and don't want in the future. In other words, it's important to keep things in perspective. Only fanatics/extremists/morons have a problem doing that.
    1789 is a stretch with thoughts of today.
    However,
    it is a thought.
    Kind of like gems and rhinestones.
    And wtf are we talking about this bleep for?
    Hillary for POTUS!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Words matter, Mr. Trump. Use the proper ones. It It's why we are in this shit election today.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Hear hear and thank you.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,305
    mrussel, looks like you have your own little Troll today. Don't worry, if you don't feed it, it will go away.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Words matter, Mr. Trump. Use the proper ones. It why we are in this shit election today.
    You are in this shit election today because the professional politicians from either party have been bystandards to horrible governance for the longest time. Washington is broken and people are now willing to throw in their lot with a charlatan. Is the cure worse then the disease? Is the cure even a cure at all? Who knows but it is time for alternative forms of treatment because the disease cannot go on.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,742
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

You are in this shit election today because the professional politicians from either party have been bystandards to horrible governance for the longest time. Washington is broken and people are now willing to throw in their lot with a charlatan. Is the cure worse then the disease? Is the cure even a cure at all? Who knows but it is time for alternative forms of treatment because the disease cannot go on.
    People want change, and they also don't want change. Check and see how many incumbents stay in congress for your evidence.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Washington is broken because the GOP is controlled by radicals and their media arm who inhibit the smallest bit of a progress. These radicals are upset because their world is changing. Gays, minorities and those educated at the liberal universities are growing in the share of the electorate, to the point where these radicals can no longer win general elections. The times they are a changing.
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

rssesq said:

Do you disagree with my post?

Btw, I like O'Donnell as a guest but he isn't good enough to have his own show. He's not that interesting. Rachel is. So is Megan Kelly, btw. I think they are the two strongest political personalities today.
    Matt's buzzing!!!! hahaha

I must also admit, getting buzzed and hitting AMT is a lot of fun! Especially when you have a lot of users on board.
This discussion has been closed.