Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

I've been on many campaigns over the years and I think I'll let my son decide what is ethical to him if he ever chooses to follow in his old man's footsteps and be in politics.
    People saying scary things like parents will be burying their children...I will tell him that person is full of crap.

Are they? Every time some US service man/woman is killed overseas because America in nosing around/war mongering some family somewhere is burying their child/family member/friend/member of the community valuable citizen that we'll never find out what their contribution to society could have been. Then not to mention that many upon thousands and thousands of non us citizens die at the hands of a 550 billion dollar a year military machine.
    A fair point but it's not as if Trump is going to change that. In fact he regularly talks about increasing military spending.
    That might be his public position, his private position may be different.
    That's a good point, again no fan of Trump but he hasn't voted directly to send troops to war...current POTUS and future POTUS have...and I don't count his vote in the general election, he likely voted either democrat or republican like the rest of the indoctrinated brainwashed...of course who knows, maybe he has never voted or independant...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    The $353,400 individual donation explained.

Voter donation limits to individual campaigns are $2,700

Limit Donation to a state Democratic Party is: $10,000 per state

Max donation to the DNC is: $33,400 to the dollar.

32 states have a "stake" in her victory fund, meaning they are looking for a return on their investment.

What Hillary is doing currently is having people donating $10,000 to each state through this victory fund, and $33,400 to the DNC. But the issue is, that most of the money is going into this fund for her campaign, but she promises these states and the DNC a senate majority. That is why superdelegates pledged so early on. This is where the problem is. It is laundering money through this fund into her campaign.

Let's calculate this: $10,000 x 32 states = $320,000

$320,000 + $33,400 max donation to the DNC = $353,400.

Given that the Hillary Clinton Victory Fund has specifically disclosed that approximately 28.27% of the funds went to Hillary Clinton (9.5/33.6m) while only 16.37% went down ticket (5.5/33.6m)....

353,400 * 0.2827 = 99,906.18 directly to Hillary Clinton.

$3,330.21 for SOME of the state parties. Not individual candidates, "the party".

Now, the individual campaign contributions limit is $2,700.

$99,906.18 / $2,700 = 37.002288...

Thirty seven times the individual contributions amount. GENIUS!

Hillary Victory Fund is spread out between Hillary's campaign, the DNC and then state parties. The state parties simply send the money back to the DNC (legal loop hole) where it can be used to help Hillary. The down ticket Democrats, the individuals think they are getting help from Hilliary and the DNC. It's a beautiful thing.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    JC29856 said:

Asked whether she was warned that using a private email account conflicted with federal record-keeping rules, Clinton responded that “she does not recall being advised, cautioned, or warned, she does not recall that it was ever suggested to her, and she does not recall participating in any communication, conversation, or meeting in which it was discussed.”

Versus

Mrs. Clinton said in the emails she was suffering from “blackberry blues” because she was told not to use her phone because it wasn't secure:

“David – Sorry to be so tardy in responding. I’ve had blackberry blues. I can’t use mine all day long since my whole office is a SCIF [Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility]. I don’t yet have a computer and I had to change my address and lost some of my traffic.”

Where is the memo that stated she has been told not to use her blackberry before this email was sent? It sounds to me like people are assuming they know what blackberry blues means. Could it mean she had a cracked screen and was getting it fixed?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I went camping in West Virginia for a long weekend and there were 275 posts since I last visited.
    Did I miss anything?

Probably not :relieved:
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,875
    rgambs said:

I went camping in West Virginia for a long weekend and there were 275 posts since I last visited.
    Did I miss anything?

Nu River Gorge?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

Did I miss anything?

Nu River Gorge?
    Seneca Rocks! I burned out on the NRG back in the early 2000's when I was on a rappel team that did the Bridge Day drop every year.
    There is much more hiking to do at Seneca Rocks/Spruce Knob area.
    Have you been?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,198
    lukin2006 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

I've been on many campaigns over the years and I think I'll let my son decide what is ethical to him if he ever chooses to follow in his old man's footsteps and be in politics.
    People saying scary things like parents will be burying their children...I will tell him that person is full of crap.

Are they? Every time some US service man/woman is killed overseas because America in nosing around/war mongering some family somewhere is burying their child/family member/friend/member of the community valuable citizen that we'll never find out what their contribution to society could have been. Then not to mention that many upon thousands and thousands of non us citizens die at the hands of a 550 billion dollar a year military machine.
    A fair point but it's not as if Trump is going to change that. In fact he regularly talks about increasing military spending.
    That might be his public position, his private position may be different.
    That's a good point, again no fan of Trump but he hasn't voted directly to send troops to war...current POTUS and future POTUS have...and I don't count his vote in the general election, he likely voted either democrat or republican like the rest of the indoctrinated brainwashed...of course who knows, maybe he has never voted or independant...
    No one is banging the war drum more loudly than Trump.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

Did I miss anything?

Nu River Gorge?
    Seneca Rocks! I burned out on the NRG back in the early 2000's when I was on a rappel team that did the Bridge Day drop every year.
    Have you been?
    No I haven't. I've done the NRG, etc. several times. I live in Richmond so it's a drive but not too bad. I do love it there. Perfect time of year too.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,600
    edited October 2016
    rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

Did I miss anything?

Nu River Gorge?
    Have you been?
    Been to Bridge Day a couple of times. It's a lot of fun to watch. Though I don't understand why people jump off of a perfectly good bridge.

Maybe it's because Hillary pushed them!!
  • Options
    If Hilliary were to build a soundtrack of her political career and it was called "three-fifty-three" what songs would be on it?
  • Options

rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

Did I miss anything?

Nu River Gorge?
    Have you been?
    Been to Bridge Day a couple of times. It's a lot of fun to watch. Though I don't understand why people jump off of a perfectly good bridge.

Haven't done bridge day itself. I heard that is a wild time.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,168
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

I fear that JC is almost to the breaking point mentally.
    An electoral ass kicking in a couple of weeks might be the nail in the coffin.

BTW - that's an unbelievably cute kid in the picture. How old now?
    Thanks man. He's much, much older now. He just turned 8. Loves Pearl Jam and hates Donald Trump. Smart kid.
    It's so funny you say that. I have an 8 year old daughter and she really dislikes Trump. She says he is mean all the time to people. I wonder if she hears things that I"m talking about or what. But I asked her yesterday...do you guys talk about this in school? In she said yes. She said that most of her class doesn't like Trump but a few kids do. My guess is this is all a direct reflection of the parents. I live in a red district (suburban Richmond) in a blue state. This gives me hope to hear that the kids don't like Trump.
    my 7 year old daughter asked if we could "watch more Donald Trump" this morning before school. I laughed and said no. she was watching some of debate 3 with me. And yeah, she probably hears me talk to my wife about all of his nonsense.

She also begs me to take her to go see PJ and always asks if we can watch another Rousey (UFC) fight.
    What the hell's going on in your house?
    she just enjoys being with me. sometimes it's appropriate, sometimes it's not. if not, I shut it down. I don't let her watch live UFC fights in case it's something nasty (like Anderson Silva's leg). I have UFC Fight Pass so I'll let her watch a bit. it's a combat sport where the combatants (usually) mutually respect each other that's actually more respectable than two assholes fighting in hockey trying to knock each other's teeth out.

anyway, back to Hillary.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

Did I miss anything?

Nu River Gorge?
    Have you been?

Same reason people climb mountains, because they are there! :rock_on:

The Bridge Day Rappels will probably always be the height of my adrenaline rushes, but rafting the Gauley and the Innsbrucker Klettersteig were up there too. Someday I will beat the Bridge though, when Simon is old enough to get vertical.

https://youtu.be/MH40bDs0nXU
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    JC29856 said:

32 states have a "stake" in her victory fund, meaning they are looking for a return on their investment.

What Hillary is doing currently is having people donating $10,000 to each state through this victory fund, and $33,400 to the DNC. But the issue is, that most of the money is going into this fund for her campaign, but she promises these states and the DNC a senate majority. That is why superdelegates pledged so early on. This is where the problem is. It is laundering money through this fund into her campaign.

Given that the Hillary Clinton Victory Fund has specifically disclosed that approximately 28.27% of the funds went to Hillary Clinton (9.5/33.6m) while only 16.37% went down ticket (5.5/33.6m)....

$3,330.21 for SOME of the state parties. Not individual candidates, "the party".

Hillary Victory Fund is spread out between Hillary's campaign, the DNC and then state parties. The state parties simply send the money back to the DNC (legal loop hole) where it can be used to help Hillary. The down ticket Democrats, the individuals think they are getting help from Hilliary and the DNC. It's a beautiful thing.

crickets.
  • Options

JC29856 said:

Asked whether she was warned that using a private email account conflicted with federal record-keeping rules, Clinton responded that “she does not recall being advised, cautioned, or warned, she does not recall that it was ever suggested to her, and she does not recall participating in any communication, conversation, or meeting in which it was discussed.”

Versus

Mrs. Clinton said in the emails she was suffering from “blackberry blues” because she was told not to use her phone because it wasn't secure:

“David – Sorry to be so tardy in responding. I’ve had blackberry blues. I can’t use mine all day long since my whole office is a SCIF [Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility]. I don’t yet have a computer and I had to change my address and lost some of my traffic.”

Where is the memo that stated she has been told not to use her blackberry before this email was sent? It sounds to me like people are assuming they know what blackberry blues means. Could it mean she had a cracked screen and was getting it fixed?
    Ah yes.... the missing memo that shows the guidelines of what she can and cannot do. Can someone find the leak that shows the rules?
    Without that these leaks become pointless.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,310
    tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

crickets.
    so it's all legal...what's the issue?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,168
    tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

crickets.
    Trump.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

crickets.
    Trump.
    Honestly, what does Trump have to do with this?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

Did I miss anything?

Nu River Gorge?
    Have you been?
    No I haven't. I've done the NRG, etc. several times. I live in Richmond so it's a drive but not too bad. I do love it there. Perfect time of year too.
    The color is underwhelming this year. There is still an astounding amount of green for this time of year, but still beautiful.
    Seneca is probably a bit closer to you, it is a very beautiful area. Spruce Knob (state highpoint) is nearby and if you like adventure you have to check out Nelson Rocks Preserve. They have ziplines, a treetop ropes course, and the main attraction, the Via Ferrata.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nrocks.com/&ved=0ahUKEwiSuInwj_bPAhWH1IMKHaFSD7MQFgguMAA&usg=AFQjCNH3dfbFIQ_7uXSDxDC2VJ-AjjUT8A

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/14670823_2137376626488094_7989848305401371212_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=c3e9991046026e27c1182523918559b0&oe=5899A6B8
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

crickets.
    Yeah...I suspect that hurt going in!
  • Options
    Hilliary's 353 soundtrack

https://youtu.be/OWUZwkSa4eQ
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

crickets.
    Yeah...I suspect that hurt going in!
    I'm just tired of fact checking you. Your posts are almost always misleading or leaving out key facts or context. The longer your post, the less likely I'll bother.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,600
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

Did I miss anything?

Nu River Gorge?
    Have you been?

The Bridge Day Rappels will probably always be the height of my adrenaline rushes, but rafting the Gauley and the Innsbrucker Klettersteig were up there too. Someday I will beat the Bridge though, when Simon is old enough to get vertical.

Well I do climb mountains so I guess I understand.
    Though I don't jump off of perfectly good mountains either :hang_loose:
  • Options

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

Did I miss anything?

Nu River Gorge?
    Have you been?

Well I do climb mountains so I guess I understand.
    Though I don't jump off of perfectly good mountains either :hang_loose:
    Never too late to start!
    :bring_it:
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

crickets.
    Trump.
    :lol:
  • Options
    Hilliary's 353 soundtrack

https://youtu.be/WBupia9oidU
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Sending you $353,400 from JK. Happy holidays. Let’s talk Clooney event when convenient.
    *Andy Spahn*
    *President*
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

crickets.
    It looks like your math checks out. Good job showing your work. What do you want, a gold star?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
This discussion has been closed.