Comments

• CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,927
    unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

Kat said:

I just want to share how I got a big grin on my face this morning while listening to the political discussion on TV. One of the analysts used the term "her presidency" while talking about the possible future. :grin: It brought up some great emotions...looking forward to the reality of it.

Have a great week everyone and don't forget to be loving and lovable (she said while ducking). :)

A big grin for the fact that this election has been rigged; bought and paid for by yours truly. You must be proud.
    I still fail to see how exactly this election has been rigged. I am beginning to think people don't really understand what the word 'rigged' means.
    What happened to the Primary? What did DWS resign as party chair?
    As I understand it, Hillary received the most delegates and was chosen as the Presidential Candidate. DWS resigned for doing her job as near as I can tell.
    Ok, lol. Doing her job fixing the primaries.
    That wasn't her job? Pretty sure it was.
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited October 2016
    my2hands said:

Super delegates have nothing g to do with losing by almost 4 million votes and 12%

Superdelegates have everything to do with buying an election, including delegates which ARE votes.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Since the email release Hillary's numbers have increased:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,088
    tonifig8 said:

Kat said:

Free said:

Kat said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

I just want to share how I got a big grin on my face this morning while listening to the political discussion on TV. One of the analysts used the term "her presidency" while talking about the possible future. :grin: It brought up some great emotions...looking forward to the reality of it.

Have a great week everyone and don't forget to be loving and lovable (she said while ducking). :)

No matter who the specific nominee is, and no matter how much you may hate her (that's for you Unsung and Free ;) ), yes, absolutely, the first woman to be POTUS is a truly monumental thing for America and women. It's just as big a deal as it was when the first black man became President... bigger, actually. A very important step in American politics.
    Thanks, Soul. It's very progressive and will make a big difference to all little girls and women in the future. She'll need as much support as we can give her so she won't be boxed into the "weak president" box some would have her in. She's tough so I have high hopes that she can get things done. When she wasn't running for office, there were so many in the GOP that gave her high praise. It'll be good to have that sentiment return. I know she'll work hard to be a president for all of us.
    :rofl:
    If you find my hopes and dreams for my country to be hilarious, you could find a more polite way to express it. You do that emoji to a lot of people and it's very rude. I still have to moderate you...see Posting Guidelines #1. Thank you.
    Are you going to moderate everyone else with their continuous rude comments? Or does this only apply to Free and those of who you don't agree with?
    It does feel a bit like a baseball umpire deciding to take an at bat before going back to calling balls and strikes.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

Kat said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

No matter who the specific nominee is, and no matter how much you may hate her (that's for you Unsung and Free ;) ), yes, absolutely, the first woman to be POTUS is a truly monumental thing for America and women. It's just as big a deal as it was when the first black man became President... bigger, actually. A very important step in American politics.
    Thanks, Soul. It's very progressive and will make a big difference to all little girls and women in the future. She'll need as much support as we can give her so she won't be boxed into the "weak president" box some would have her in. She's tough so I have high hopes that she can get things done. When she wasn't running for office, there were so many in the GOP that gave her high praise. It'll be good to have that sentiment return. I know she'll work hard to be a president for all of us.
    :rofl: She'll be a good president for only the 1% and all of big money that just happen to be her donors.
    What about the topic at hand? How do you feel about a female being President? Surely you can separate your hatred for Clinton and the concept of a woman being POTUS for a second? Don't you think it's a real step forward in terms of gender equality? Can you acknowledge that a female president is a meaningful thing in and of itself? Do you know why it is so meaningful?
    A different and non-criminal such as Jill Stein or Elizabeth Warren would do this country good. One is Green, the other, The biggest badass against Wall Street they've ever seen.
    Free said:

my2hands said:

Super delegates have nothing g to do with losing by almost 4 million votes and 12%

Superdelegates have everything to do with buying an election.
    How was the election bought by super-delegates? I am failing to see the connection here.
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

Kat said:

A big grin for the fact that this election has been rigged; bought and paid for by yours truly. You must be proud.
    I still fail to see how exactly this election has been rigged. I am beginning to think people don't really understand what the word 'rigged' means.
    As I understand it, Hillary received the most delegates and was chosen as the Presidential Candidate. DWS resigned for doing her job as near as I can tell.
    Job for who? The Democrat Party or her employer Hillary Clinton?

You do realize she resigned for a reason other than honor, correct?
    unsung said:

JimmyV said:

Kat said:

In all my life I've never seen a candidate work so hard to undermine our Democracy, destabilize our system of government.

In our lives we've never seen a candidate so overmatched by the campaign process. We've never seen one so unqualified nominated by a major party. The guy has no idea what to do or how to carry himself.
    And still, if true, she should be polling 30 points higher than him. But she isnt.
    She isn't a good candidate. She may make a good President and I'm willing to give her a chance before passing judgment, but through two cycles now we have learned that she is not a good candidate.

CM189191 said:

Free said:

my2hands said:

How was the election bought by super-delegates? I am failing to see the connection here.
    Not falling for the bait. Perhaps you should look it up on the Internet if you really don't know what SDs are and how they buy elections, skew results, go against the popular vote of a state. Go ask Howard Dean.
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    I dont believe that she is a good person. I also don't believe Trump is a good person.

We could do better, but we are divided.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    unsung said:

I dont believe that she is a good person. I also don't believe Trump is a good person.

Divided by design
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,857

PJ_Soul said:

no I just was able to read it. Sorry I did not sift through the entire 200 pages.

No sweat, I just mentioned in case you wondered why it didn't get many responses. ;)
    where did you discuss? Just curious
    Just today somewhere. It didn't get very far at all. Just barely touched on the issue of what was classified and when, and then someone probably got pissy, but I'm not sure, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    unsung said:

Delusional folks out there. People putting a politician above our nation. The excuses are endless. First we were conspiracy nuts for questioning the queen then the leaks confirm much of what we were saying and now they have the excuses that others do it as well. It's an endless trove of excuses after another endless series of excuses. It's incredible. How about we just let her speak for herself? Anyone notice when Donald trump called her out during the last debate, yet she didn't say a word? Shit there are a whole lot of clintonites around here who could have given trump, and the millions watching, a million excuses.
    This next debate will be full of attacks and more facts- let's she if CNN helps her get out of jams and let's see if she can even answer to the American people. My guess is that she'll just move on, and that this place will be full of more excuses.
    JimmyV said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

Kat said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

:rofl: She'll be a good president for only the 1% and all of big money that just happen to be her donors.
    What about the topic at hand? How do you feel about a female being President? Surely you can separate your hatred for Clinton and the concept of a woman being POTUS for a second? Don't you think it's a real step forward in terms of gender equality? Can you acknowledge that a female president is a meaningful thing in and of itself? Do you know why it is so meaningful?
    Can't it be disappointing to some that the first woman POTUS is going to be this woman? I struggle with that. For women and girls it is a great thing to see. I understand that. For parents too. For anyone who truly believes in equality. I'm on board with that. But at the same time it is disappointing to know the first woman will be this career politician who I just don't believe in. If we were talking about Liz Warren it would be a different story. Hillary though...I find it hard to be inspired.
    I think it is pretty easy to separate the two things. Ideal? No. But one can still certainly appreciate the breakthrough. I figure if someone can't, it's because they don't want to, not because the specific candidate is getting in the way of the concept.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited October 2016
    JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

Kat said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

Can't it be disappointing to some that the first woman POTUS is going to be this woman? I struggle with that. For women and girls it is a great thing to see. I understand that. For parents too. For anyone who truly believes in equality. I'm on board with that. But at the same time it is disappointing to know the first woman will be this career politician who I just don't believe in. If we were talking about Liz Warren it would be a different story. Hillary though...I find it hard to be inspired.
    My business partner is female she described Hilliary being the first POTUS like this "it's like when women are so proud of their implants, but come on they were bought, they're fake".
    That's fucking ridiculous. She should be ashamed of that analogy. She obviously hasn't thought very deeply or critically about the issue.
    edited October 2016
    Free said:

Free said:

Kat said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

Have you seen her tax plan? Much harder on the 1% than your boy Donald.
    :lol: You clearly don't know me too well if you think I support Donald.
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

Kat said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

Interesting, since she will be raising taxes for the 1% and lowering them for the middle-class.
    Look, I understand that you can't stand her, but at least be factual instead of reactionary. You're kind of just throwing out catchphrases from the right now. They aren't accurate or meaningful.
    Believing what she says, huh? You don't even live in this country so you won't be affected by her lies and her flip-flopping. What came out in those emails and more.
    I and Canada and our economy absolutely are affected by your politics. A lot. I can't believe you don't think so. Shows how much you know about some of the issues.
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    JC29856 said:

unsung said:

Divided by design
    WORD to pharaoh!

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

Kat said:

Job for who? The Democrat Party or her employer Hillary Clinton?

You do realize she resigned for a reason other than honor, correct?
    What's the difference? And what does it matter? The DNC put the better candidate forward. That's their job and they succeeded.
    PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

Kat said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

I think it is pretty easy to separate the two things. Ideal? No. But one can still certainly appreciate the breakthrough. I figure if someone can't, it's because they don't want to, not because the specific candidate is getting in the way of the concept.
    The specific candidate is absolutely getting in the way of the concept. It's great to see a female president. It's not great to see Hillary Clinton as President. Eight years ago it was great to see an African-American president AND have it be Barack Obama. That feeling just isn't there this time. This time I'm left appreciating the breakthrough while being disappointed by who is breaking through.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,451
    It continues to boggle the mind how some americans seem to forget that they are not an island. Their potus, and by extension, policy, affects many of us. Same with britain, russia, the Mid East, etc. Stop being so self centred.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    unsung said:

rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

When your private position becomes public...

It almost sounds like she considers environmentalists to be a basket of deplorables.
    I wouldn't make too big a deal over it, just politics. She prob just saying that to get elected, once elected she will do the right thing.
    Now that's funny! Anything to justify her lying to get elected... Wonder what other issues she would "do the right thing on" if elected? She has flip flopped on gay marriage, does anyone really know her stance or what she considers "the right thing" on anything?
    JC is being sarcastic.

The gay marriage example is silly. Just about every Democratic politician has changed their view on this issue over the past 20 years (including Sanders and Obama). And many Republicans have, in moderate districts.

But broadly, I think it's a very strange world where politicians are criticized for changing positions. I want a politician that can learn, change and represent the majority will, presuming it does not infringe on the rights of others.
    I too want a politician that can learn and change, but I don't want a politician who just sticks their finger in the air to determine which way the wind is blowing. I do remain concerned that Hillary Clinton is just that.

Isn't that pretty much what what politicians are elected to do? They are elected to serve the will of the people they represent, not their own will.
    This.

They should be doing what the people want, not their own interests. Their interests can be purchased.

That said, if a majority of the people wanted to ban something but it infringed on the Rights of the few then they need to protect the few. Doesn't matter what it is applied to.
    We agree?
    Naw, can't be lol
    Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

Kat said:

I forget, those who choose to forget about paid superdelegates, A rigged and disastrous DNC convention showing Dems all in their glory working against Bernie and his legal rights of being in this election and repealing Obama's progress on getting money out of politics by allowing big money, special interest lobbyists to contribute to political campaigns? You can read it all again in the Podesta email thread. And that's just three things.

Because to many conveniently forget or choose not to believe. It's all rigged and has been even before Sanders got into the race. I suggest reading the Podesta thread from The beginning.
    Even IF the primary were rigged, which is a stretch, that doesn't have much to do with the general.
    Clinton got millions more votes than Sanders, doesn't that make the very minor amount of collusion pretty irrelevant?
    It's time to hitch your britches and move on.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

It continues to boggle the mind how some americans seem to forget that they are not an island. Their potus, and by extension, policy, affects many of us. Same with britain, russia, the Mid East, etc. Stop being so self centred.

USA isn't the center of the universe?
    edited October 2016
    JimmyV said:

PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

Kat said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

The specific candidate is absolutely getting in the way of the concept. It's great to see a female president. It's not great to see Hillary Clinton as President. Eight years ago it was great to see an African-American president AND have it be Barack Obama. That feeling just isn't there this time. This time I'm left appreciating the breakthrough while being disappointed by who is breaking through.
    That's all I meant. The breakthrough still is something to be celebrated. In your case you won't get goosebumps during the acceptance speech I assume, lol, but I'm sure we can all agree that the fact that a woman will be POTUS for the first time ever, given the history of the status of women (and the status in present times in America and around the world), it is still something to celebrate in and of itself. I'm hoping people who hate Hillary do find it in themselves to let that slip through a crack in the anger wall when it actually happens. I bet there were some non-racist Obama haters in 2008 (remember? he was going to destroy the country as well) who managed to let a little glimmer through, so surely some of the non-sexist Hillary haters can muster something too. ;)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

my2hands said:

Not falling for the bait. Perhaps you should look it up on the Internet if you really don't know what SDs are and how they buy elections, skew results, go against the popular vote of a state. Go ask Howard Dean.
    Did Howard Dean lose to Hilary by millions of votes?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    JC29856 said:

unsung said:

Divided by design
    Precisely
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,451
    JC29856 said:

USA isn't the center of the universe?
    No, that's Toronto.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

my2hands said:

Is this what you're referring to:
    In August 2015, at the Democratic Party convention in Minneapolis, 33 democratic state parties made deals with the Hillary Clinton campaign and a joint fundraising entity called The Hillary Victory Fund. The Clinton campaign got the first $2,700, the DNC was to get the next $33,400, and the remainder was to be split among the 33 signatory states. The money went to the State Parties and, eventually, the candidates, including many officeholders who are Superdelegates.

So let me get this straight: Superdelegates supported Hillary. Hillary did fundraising on their states' behalf. And by hitching their name to her, they got campaign money and won elections? That sounds like smart strategy and coordination.
    rgambs said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

my2hands said:

Did Howard Dean lose to Hilary by millions of votes?
    Attempting to deflect?
    edited October 2016
    CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

my2hands said:

Is this what you're referring to:
    In August 2015, at the Democratic Party convention in Minneapolis, 33 democratic state parties made deals with the Hillary Clinton campaign and a joint fundraising entity called The Hillary Victory Fund. The Clinton campaign got the first $2,700, the DNC was to get the next $33,400, and the remainder was to be split among the 33 signatory states. The money went to the State Parties and, eventually, the candidates, including many officeholders who are Superdelegates.

So let me get this straight: Superdelegates supported Hillary. Hillary did fundraising on their states' behalf. And by hitching their name to her, they got campaign money and won elections? That sounds like smart strategy and coordination.
    You don't understand how money is contributing to buying politics and elections do you?

And then there's this: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/one-in-10-dnc-superdelegates-were-registered-lobbyists/article/2598229

Dean. http://m.dailykos.com/story/2016/03/05/1496793/-Superdelegate-and-Former-Vermont-Governor-Howard-Dean-Does-not-make-a-great-case-for-Superdelegates
    Post edited by Free on
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Free said:

Kat said:

If you find my hopes and dreams for my country to be hilarious, you could find a more polite way to express it. You do that emoji to a lot of people and it's very rude. I still have to moderate you...see Posting Guidelines #1. Thank you.

You just sound kind of naïve. We all know who her donors are: The 1% and big banks and industries and lobbyists. She's not looking out for the little guy. But feel free to keep yourself entertained by that notion.

Bernie Sanders, based on small Donations alone, from real people who work hard to make a living, received a record breaking amounts of money. Hillary Clinton did not, she only gets big money from big money donors. She serves big money and always has, she can say one thing but we'll see if she does what she says, won't we!
    SmalI donor here. I gave Hillary Clinton 50 dollars (and some time on top of that treasure). She serves me well enough.

I'm especially looking forward to my 5:00 AM shift at the polls on election day. I signed up to observe poll opening procedures in my precinct to make sure that none of the senior citizens running my polling center rig the election. Then I do a few more hours making myself available to voters who have questions and/or want to file a complaint with the election commission if something goes wrong.

These volunteer opportunities are available to any and all . . . because here in America, we have open, honest, fair elections run by we the people who care enough to build up our world instead of tear it down. Our democracy gives me great pride, and it is an honor for me to participate in it.
This discussion has been closed.