Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited October 2016
    mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

by all rights she should be bared from the presidential race just over the Email issues.

Godfather.

lose any sort of security clearance for sure which would bar her from the presidential race...that is at a minimum

I don't recall seeing that in the Constitution.
    How could you be president without a security clearance? What does that have to do with the constitution

if you know something i dont please enlighten me

There are clear qualifications in the Con. regarding what are the qualifiers and disqualifiers for POTUS. Security clearance isn't in there. There is also no law to my knowledge that articulates it, or that had been through judicial review.
    I stand corrected from an USA Today Article from July 5th...

As a former secretary of State — and before that, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee — she had a top-secret security clearance, and almost certainly maintains it. "I'm sure she does hold a clearance, and she should," Rep. Adam Schiff, the ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, told Bloomberg News in February.

But Clinton doesn't need one to have access to intelligence briefings given to major presidential nominees. And if she's elected president, the laws governing security clearances won't apply to her.

Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,088

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,085
    I'll take my chances on a Clinton presidency never Trump I hope after November he can just crawl back into someone's ass preferably Pence's and just die !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,934
    JimmyV said:
    You would like a candidates low blow political attacks to be better timed?

JimmyV said:
    I'd prefer a candidate who would avoid unleashing low blow political attacks against an opponent like Bernie Sanders.

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited October 2016
    The Art and Strategy to Subverting Democracy and the will of the People

July 2015
    https://t.co/ClwZzR3u7f
  • Did you know that both the majority and minority parties in Congress have official position of Whips? Do you know what their jobs and responsibilities are?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,927
    JC29856 said:

img src="https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvErvZsUAAAPftD.jpg"

July 2015

idk - still just looks like an internal memo from a campaign to me. Pretty boring stuff there. I would be more surprised if emails like this were not floating around. This campaign is clearly a well-oiled machine.
    JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:
    I'd prefer a candidate who would avoid unleashing low blow political attacks against an opponent like Bernie Sanders.
    I'd prefer that those tactics not be effective, and since they are, that's our responsibility. if Sanders would've gone ugly early and often, he might be a nominee.
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

by all rights she should be bared from the presidential race just over the Email issues.

Godfather.

lose any sort of security clearance for sure which would bar her from the presidential race...that is at a minimum

I don't recall seeing that in the Constitution.
    How could you be president without a security clearance? What does that have to do with the constitution

if you know something i dont please enlighten me

There are clear qualifications in the Con. regarding what are the qualifiers and disqualifiers for POTUS. Security clearance isn't in there. There is also no law to my knowledge that articulates it, or that had been through judicial review.
    I know you have an abundant fondness for Latin, so how bout this one, RES IPSA LOQUITER. Please explain that to the layman.

JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:
    I'd prefer that those tactics not be effective, and since they are, that's our responsibility. if Sanders would've gone ugly early and often, he might be a nominee.
    Not mine. I didn't vote for her. And this isn't just about low blow political attacks so much as it is about poorly conceived and unnecessary low blow political attacks. In this case even her staff was frustrated by it. That's the point.

• Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    edited October 2016
    CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

July 2015

idk - still just looks like an internal memo from a campaign to me. Pretty boring stuff there. I would be more surprised if emails like this were not floating around. This campaign is clearly a well-oiled machine.
    Yeah going through an FBI investigation, having internal documents leaked, avoiding the press for 9 months straight, rigging the primaries, being exposed for having a private policy and a public policy, and the many more fuck ups, yup that sure does sound like a well oiled machine. You need to get your head out of her rear end and snap back into reality. If this was a republican you would have been having a field day.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Indianapolis Posts: 19,318
    tonifig8 said:

CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

July 2015

Yeah going through an FBI investigation, having internal documents leaked, avoiding the press for 9 months straight, rigging the primaries, being exposed for having a private policy and a public policy, and the many more fuck ups, yup that sure does sound like a well oiled machine. You need to get your head out of her rear end and snap back into reality. If this was a republican you would have been having a field day.
    http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=2016-forecast#now
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562

tonifig8 said:

CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

July 2015

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=2016-forecast#now
    You really are obsessed with nothing more than being on the winning team. Nothing else, that's all that matters to you, isn't it?

JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:
    Not mine. I didn't vote for her. And this isn't just about low blow political attacks so much as it is about poorly conceived and unnecessary low blow political attacks. In this case even her staff was frustrated by it. That's the point.
    Her paranoia regarding political opponents is one of the more ligit critiques of her and probably concerns me the most.
    Free said:

tonifig8 said:

CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

July 2015

You really are obsessed with nothing more than being on the winning team. Nothing else, that's all that matters to you, isn't it?

Nah he's just a former BernieBro gone #1 Clinton fanboy. His love for a politician is like that devotion people have for their kings/queens. It's a beautiful thing.
    tonifig8 said:

CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

July 2015

We're already having a hell of a field day with the Republican candidate.

going through an FBI investigation
    a mudslinging partisan investigation that resulting in nothing

having internal documents leaked
    how is this Hillary's fault? are you suggesting she leaked them herself?

avoiding the press for 9 months straight
    Don't see where this happened, but so what if she did? She seems like a busy woman. You would prefer she were using Twitter at 3am?

rigging the primaries
    you misspelled 'winning'

being exposed for having a private policy and a public policy
    Get my grasping pearls and fainting couch! Oh wait, this actually sounds Presidential. Like someone with a knowledge of history and political inner workings in order to get things accomplished.

"You just have to sort of figure out how to -- getting back to that word, "balance" -- how to balance the public and the private efforts that are necessary to be successful, politically, and that's not just a comment about today. That, I think, has probably been true for all of our history, and if you saw the Spielberg movie, Lincoln, and how he was maneuvering and working to get the 13th Amendment passed, and he called one of my favorite predecessors, Secretary Seward, who had been the governor and senator from New York, ran against Lincoln for president, and he told Seward, I need your help to get this done. And Seward called some of his lobbyist friends who knew how to make a deal, and they just kept going at it. I mean, politics is like sausage being made. It is unsavory, and it always has been that way, but we usually end up where we need to be. But if everybody's watching, you know, all of the back room discussions and the deals, you know, then people get a little nervous, to say the least. So, you need both a public and a private position. And finally, I think -- I believe in evidence-based decision making. I want to know what the facts are. I mean, it's like when you guys go into some kind of a deal, you know, are you going to do that development or not, are you going to do that renovation or not, you know, you look at the numbers. You try to figure out what's going to work and what's not going to work." [Clinton Speech For National Multi-Housing Council, 4/24/13]
    edited October 2016
    CM189191 said:

tonifig8 said:

CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

July 2015

Don't see where this happened, but so what if she did? She seems like a busy woman. You would prefer she were using Twitter at 3am?

rigging the primaries
    you misspelled 'winning'

Get my grasping pearls and fainting couch! Oh wait, this actually sounds Presidential. Like someone with a knowledge of history and political inner workings in order to get things accomplished.

"You just have to sort of figure out how to -- getting back to that word, "balance" -- how to balance the public and the private efforts that are necessary to be successful, politically, and that's not just a comment about today. That, I think, has probably been true for all of our history, and if you saw the Spielberg movie, Lincoln, and how he was maneuvering and working to get the 13th Amendment passed, and he called one of my favorite predecessors, Secretary Seward, who had been the governor and senator from New York, ran against Lincoln for president, and he told Seward, I need your help to get this done. And Seward called some of his lobbyist friends who knew how to make a deal, and they just kept going at it. I mean, politics is like sausage being made. It is unsavory, and it always has been that way, but we usually end up where we need to be. But if everybody's watching, you know, all of the back room discussions and the deals, you know, then people get a little nervous, to say the least. So, you need both a public and a private position. And finally, I think -- I believe in evidence-based decision making. I want to know what the facts are. I mean, it's like when you guys go into some kind of a deal, you know, are you going to do that development or not, are you going to do that renovation or not, you know, you look at the numbers. You try to figure out what's going to work and what's not going to work." [Clinton Speech For National Multi-Housing Council, 4/24/13]
    What do the republicans have to do with this? I'm asking you about Clinton. We were talking about her well oiled machine.

*Going through an FBI investigation because she fucking had a server in her home and she was careless. She deleted government property. That's not a well oiled machine. that's being a fuck up.
    *Her documents got leaked because she was careless. Not because she leaked them. If you use a password like home123 - you're a fucking moron, which is basically what Podesta used. Which is not a well oiled machine.
    *Avoiding the press is good? Are you fucking kidding me? Is he fucking Hitler or Kim jung um um dung? Are you delusional? You're suppose to hold politicians accountable - or does that not apply to her? Is there a reason why she has been continuously polling so high when it comes to untrustworthiness?
    *Yeah rigged- Wasn't DWS her co-chair back in 2008? Didn't she resign from the DNC because of her actions? Am I missing something?

Use some common sense. My apologies, but I didn't read the rest of your post because it's probably about trump or some other lame ass excuse. You made a statement and I replied back directly to your statement. You can go back to praising the queen.

Post edited by Boxes&Books on
    tonifig8 said:

CM189191 said:

tonifig8 said:

CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

July 2015

rigging the primaries
    you misspelled 'winning'

What do the republicans have to do with this? I'm asking you about Clinton. We were talking about her well oiled machine.

*Going through an FBI investigation because she fucking had a server in her home and she was careless. She deleted government property. That's not a well oiled machine. that's being a fuck up.
    *Her documents got leaked because she was careless. Not because she leaked them. If you use a password like home123 - you're a fucking moron, which is basically what Podesta used. Which is not a well oiled machine.
    *Avoiding the press is good? Are you fucking kidding me? Is he fucking Hitler or Kim jung um um dung? Are you delusional? You're suppose to hold politicians accountable - or does that not apply to her? Is there a reason why she has been continuously polling so high when it comes to untrustworthiness?
    *Yeah rigged- Wasn't DWS her co-chair back in 2008? Didn't she resign from the DNC because of her actions? Am I missing something?

Use some common sense. My apologies, but I didn't read the rest of your post because it's probably about trump or some other lame ass excuse. You made a statement and I replied back directly to your statement. You can go back to praising the queen.

Sorry, I'll try to keep my posts short and my sentences shorter so you are able to digest it all.

Here's what's particularly insulting about your 'common sense'. The majority of Americans can see through all this nonsense. We've been barraged with this narrative of corrupt crooked Hillary for 30 years now. And not. one. thing. has. stuck. The only thing that has stuck is the Republican narrative you continue to regurgitate.

Any reasonable person might look at that and say to themselves: "wow, she's had a pretty successful political career in spite of all this mudslinging". And I'd say that's a pretty good conclusion.

We've seen the facts. Read the emails. Listened to the hearings. Followed the news. She's proven to be smart, calculating, organized, experienced, and connected. These are not bad traits. Hillary is by far and away the most qualified candidate running for President. But for some reason, you keep reverting back to this 'drink the kool-aid and praise the queen' hyperbole. It's growing tired, and dismisses people who actually used their critical thinking skills to come to reasonable conclusion.

For your benefit, I'll repost the Hillary quote you couldn't be bothered to read. Be forewarned though, there are some complex-compound sentences in there:
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited October 2016
    All aboard the 'Lolita Express': Flight logs reveal the many trips Bill Clinton and Alan Dershowitz took on pedophile Jeffrey Epstein's private jet with anonymous women

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2922773/Newly-released-flight-logs-reveal-time-trips-Bill-Clinton-Harvard-law-professor-Alan-Dershowitz-took-pedophile-Jeffrey-Epstein-s-Lolita-Express-private-jet-anonymous-women.html
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    It's hopefully only a matter of time. The FBI needs to reopen an investigation.
    unsung said:
    I posted the video over in the trumpets thread, little reaction from team Hilliary bots except playbook play "shoot the messenger"
    Hillary makes Nixon look like Archie Bunker
    what a mensch. lmao. His bubbe must be proud.
    if you find a trout in your bottle of milk, somebody fudged up.
    JC29856 said:
    where have the hrc fanboys been? getting the talking points from Huma Danger
This discussion has been closed.