Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Indianapolis Posts: 19,318
    Free said:

Kat said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

I just want to share how I got a big grin on my face this morning while listening to the political discussion on TV. One of the analysts used the term "her presidency" while talking about the possible future. :grin: It brought up some great emotions...looking forward to the reality of it.

Have a great week everyone and don't forget to be loving and lovable (she said while ducking). :)

No matter who the specific nominee is, and no matter how much you may hate her (that's for you Unsung and Free ;) ), yes, absolutely, the first woman to be POTUS is a truly monumental thing for America and women. It's just as big a deal as it was when the first black man became President... bigger, actually. A very important step in American politics.
    Thanks, Soul. It's very progressive and will make a big difference to all little girls and women in the future. She'll need as much support as we can give her so she won't be boxed into the "weak president" box some would have her in. She's tough so I have high hopes that she can get things done. When she wasn't running for office, there were so many in the GOP that gave her high praise. It'll be good to have that sentiment return. I know she'll work hard to be a president for all of us.
    :rofl: She'll be a good president for only the 1% and all of big money that just happen to be her donors.
    Have you seen her tax plan? Much harder on the 1% than your boy Donald.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,857
    edited October 2016
    Free said:

Kat said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

I just want to share how I got a big grin on my face this morning while listening to the political discussion on TV. One of the analysts used the term "her presidency" while talking about the possible future. :grin: It brought up some great emotions...looking forward to the reality of it.

Have a great week everyone and don't forget to be loving and lovable (she said while ducking). :)

No matter who the specific nominee is, and no matter how much you may hate her (that's for you Unsung and Free ;) ), yes, absolutely, the first woman to be POTUS is a truly monumental thing for America and women. It's just as big a deal as it was when the first black man became President... bigger, actually. A very important step in American politics.
    Thanks, Soul. It's very progressive and will make a big difference to all little girls and women in the future. She'll need as much support as we can give her so she won't be boxed into the "weak president" box some would have her in. She's tough so I have high hopes that she can get things done. When she wasn't running for office, there were so many in the GOP that gave her high praise. It'll be good to have that sentiment return. I know she'll work hard to be a president for all of us.
    :rofl: She'll be a good president for only the 1% and all of big money that just happen to be her donors.
    Interesting, since she will be raising taxes for the 1% and lowering them for the middle-class.
    Look, I understand that you can't stand her, but at least be factual instead of reactionary. You're kind of just throwing out catchphrases from the right now. They aren't accurate or meaningful.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited October 2016
    tonifig8 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

At what point does Hillary disown the violence amongst her supporters?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article108627627.html

Haha. You didn't read your own article.

Democrats condemned the bombing. “The attack on the Orange County HQ @NCGOP office is horrific and unacceptable, Hillary Clinton’s campaign tweeted. “Very grateful that everyone is safe.”

N.C. Democratic Party Chair Patsy Keever called the bombing “outrageous.”

“The North Carolina Democratic Party strongly condemns this attack,” she said. “Violence has no place in our political system … Our deepest sympathies are with everyone at the North Carolina Republican Party.”

Democratic Attorney General Ry Cooper tweeted, “Violence has no place in our democracy and can not be tolerated. The culprits must be caught and brought to justice.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article108627627.html#storylink=cpy
    That statement isn't strong enough considering all their earlier rhetoric.
    You're kidding right? What more do you want? If you missed the apology in your first read, no worries. But that's a good condemnation.
    I read the apology. It is not enough. The democratic party is encouraging it's supporters to commit violence. They need to do more.
    Give me an appropriate set of actions or statements in your mind, that meets your standard, please.
    Every democratic candidate running for office must be asked if they condone this violence and if not what they can do about their own rhetoric to stop encouraging said violence. It is not enough to put out a concerning tweet followed by "let's go back to calling the republican candidate and his supporters racist, nazi, white supremacists". If this was a democratic field office that was firebombed we would never hear the end of it. You could be sure that the media wouldn't accept a tweet as a response.
    where has any nominee besides trump incited any violence at all? sorry but i haven't seen it.
    "i'm going to say this very clearly... this isn't pointed at anyone on here... just speaking is general terms... if you actually think Donald Trump should be president of the United States of America you are a fucking moron. period. full stop."

Dignified
    I 100% stand by that statement... and I will repeat it...

Cast a protest vote... ok... don't like HRC... ok... blindly vote republican every year, fine by me... people vote for all kinds of whacky reasons...

but anybody over the age of 12 that actually thinks Donald Trump should be President of the United States of America, and that it would be a good thing, is an absolute moron. Period. Full stop.

He is a joke... Wake up and smell the beauty pageant
    Just curious are you 14?
    No I am not 14 years old... I am 38 years old... A grown adult... That is why I am not supporting the ignorant candidate who has made a campaign out of putting down or making fun of or belittling disabled people, Hispanic people, black people, veterans, pows, women, veterans who have lost their lives and their families, Muslims, and pretty much everybody else under the sun that isn't a white male... He has been rude, he has been ignorant, and he has been downright mean throughout his campaign.... he is the jerry springer of american political history... So I stand by my earlier statement that if you actually think Donald Trump should be president you are a f****** moron... And to me, that makes me the adult in the conversation
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

Kat said:

A big grin for the fact that this election has been rigged; bought and paid for by yours truly. You must be proud.
    I still fail to see how exactly this election has been rigged. I am beginning to think people don't really understand what the word 'rigged' means.
    I forget, those who choose to forget about paid superdelegates, A rigged and disastrous DNC convention showing Dems all in their glory working against Bernie and his legal rights of being in this election and repealing Obama's progress on getting money out of politics by allowing big money, special interest lobbyists to contribute to political campaigns? You can read it all again in the Podesta email thread. And that's just three things.

Because to many conveniently forget or choose not to believe. It's all rigged and has been even before Sanders got into the race. I suggest reading the Podesta thread from The beginning.
    I forget, those who fail to realize that Bernie lost. He's a loser but he's endorsed a winner.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Super delegates have nothing g to do with losing by almost 4 million votes and 12%
    edited October 2016

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

Kat said:

A big grin for the fact that this election has been rigged; bought and paid for by yours truly. You must be proud.
    I still fail to see how exactly this election has been rigged. I am beginning to think people don't really understand what the word 'rigged' means.
    I forget, those who choose to forget about paid superdelegates, A rigged and disastrous DNC convention showing Dems all in their glory working against Bernie and his legal rights of being in this election and repealing Obama's progress on getting money out of politics by allowing big money, special interest lobbyists to contribute to political campaigns? You can read it all again in the Podesta email thread. And that's just three things.

Because to many conveniently forget or choose not to believe. It's all rigged and has been even before Sanders got into the race. I suggest reading the Podesta thread from The beginning.
    I forget, those who fail to realize that Bernie lost. He's a loser but he's endorsed a winner.
    I have also been wondering about the use of the word "rigged" in Trump's campaign now. Trump is now saying the election is rigged because the media is against him. Ummm, that is not what a rigged election is at all, and he knows it. He is actively and purposefully using this word over and over again right now and putting it into an inaccurate context to confuse his base. He knows how easy it is to confuse them, so he's doing it just to make them more angry. It all seems extremely reckless.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,827
    In all my life I've never seen a candidate work so hard to undermine our Democracy, destabilize our system of government.
    Falling down,...not staying down
    Kat said:

In all my life I've never seen a candidate work so hard to undermine our Democracy, destabilize our system of government.

Yeah, I'm not sure he's really considered the potential consequences fully.... he's probably too wrapped up in his extended temper tantrum to really think about such things (and may be incapable of understanding the kinds of things that one would need to understand why his tactics could be dangerous in the long run. It takes more nuance and layers than Trump is probably able to grasp).
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,088
    Kat said:

In our lives we've never seen a candidate so overmatched by the campaign process. We've never seen one so unqualified nominated by a major party. The guy has no idea what to do or how to carry himself.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

It's a feature, not a bug. It's not rigged, it's a very intentionally designed political system. Specifically, it is designed to win elections for Democrats, which it appears to be doing quite successfully.

Party before the people!
    Party before the people!
    Party before the people!
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

unsung said:

When your private position becomes public...

The funny thing is that every private statement that comes out makes me like her more. If I had confidence in her private positions I would whole heartedly endorse her.
    I understand this with regards to foreign affairs, but I'm surprised that a private positive attitude towards fracking would be seen as a good thing in your eyes. Do you mind my asking about your position on climate change?
    Read the whole message/speech Benjs. Pick up the whole context
    Fracking is a great thing both in terms of lowering energy costs, improving local economies related to the industry, and in terms of reducing overall carbon emissions when compared to the emissions generated through production and use of an equal amount of oil. It's a win win. Now as far as my position on climate change it has been outlined quite a bit in the climate change thread. I believe that the climate is changing, that man contributes to this change, but the degree to which man contributes is both unknown and may possibly be negligible when compared to other natural sources and/or earth's own biofeedback mechanisms that are able to regulate temperature.
    It's not often I see praise for fracking.
    Certainly not around these parts.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Kat said:

Since Palin of course, and before that W, and before that Reagan, and before that Nixon and on it goes.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,659
    PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

Yeah, I'm not sure he's really considered the potential consequences fully.... he's probably too wrapped up in his extended temper tantrum to really think about such things (and may be incapable of understanding the kinds of things that one would need to understand why his tactics could be dangerous in the long run. It takes more nuance and layers than Trump is probably able to grasp).
    He doesn't understand due to being a textbook narcissist.
    edited October 2016
    Free said:

Kat said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

What about the topic at hand? How do you feel about a female being President? Surely you can separate your hatred for Clinton and the concept of a woman being POTUS for a second? Don't you think it's a real step forward in terms of gender equality? Can you acknowledge that a female president is a meaningful thing in and of itself? Do you know why it is so meaningful?
  • Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    Nothing to see here folks:

http://wtop.com/elections/2016/10/state-aide-sought-to-change-classification-of-clinton-email/

WASHINGTON (AP) — A senior State Department official asked the FBI to help last year in reducing the classification of an email from Hillary Clinton’s private server, according to FBI investigative files made public Monday. It was to be part of a bargain that would have allowed the FBI to deploy more agents in foreign countries, according to the files.

It was not immediately clear whether the State Department official or someone at the FBI first raised the prospect of a bargain over the email’s classification.

The bureau records, citing an FBI official whose name was censored, said Undersecretary for Management Patrick F. Kennedy sought assistance in exchange for a “quid pro quo.” But the FBI’s separate statement Monday said it was the now-retired FBI official who first asked Kennedy about deploying more agents overseas.

The FBI ultimately rejected the idea, which would have allowed the State Department to archive a message related to the 2012 attacks on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, in the basement of its Washington headquarters “never to be seen again,” according to the FBI files.

The email described reports in November 2012 that Libyan police were arresting suspects in the attack. It had been forwarded to Clinton’s private email address by Jake Sullivan, one of her top aides and the department’s director of policy planning, who was using his government email account.

Republicans quickly seized on the report as collusion within the Obama administration to protect Clinton, now the Democratic presidential nominee.

“CORRUPTION CONFIRMED: FBI confirms State Dept. offered ‘quid pro quo’ to cover up classified emails,” read a tweet from Team Trump, retweeted by the candidate.

Clinton campaign manager Brian Fallon said the campaign was not part of the discussions about email classifications.

Kennedy was a close aide to Clinton during her tenure as the nation’s top diplomat between 2009 and early 2013. He had served in his position since November 2007 under President George W. Bush.

In the FBI records, a bureau official said Kennedy “asked his assistance in altering the email’s classification in exchange for a ‘quid pro quo,'” and that in exchange, “State would reciprocate by allowing the FBI to place more agents in countries where they are presently forbidden.”

The FBI said Monday the now-retired FBI official had fielded Kennedy’s request to change the email classification and had said it would be considered if Kennedy “would address a pending, unaddressed FBI request for space for additional FBI employees assigned abroad.” The bureau said the FBI subsequently investigated the proposed arrangement but did not describe the outcome of that review.

“Although there was never a quid pro quo, these allegations were nonetheless referred to the appropriate officials for review,” the FBI said in a statement.

The State Department said Kennedy had been trying to understand the FBI’s classification decisions.

“This allegation is inaccurate and does not align with the facts,” department spokesman Mark Toner said. He added that there was never an increase in the number of FBI agents assigned to Iraq as a result of the conversations.

The disclosure was included in 100 pages the FBI released from its now-closed investigation into whether the former secretary of state and her aides mishandled sensitive government information that flowed through the private mail server located in her New York home.

According to the FBI’s account, Kennedy proposed using an obscure provision under the U.S. Freedom of Information Act to keep the existence of the secret document from becoming public, the FBI files said.

The provision cited in the FBI files, known as “B9,” is intended to protect geological and geophysical information and data, including maps, concerning wells and is the most rarely used FOIA exemption.

“Kennedy told (redacted) that the FBI’s classification of the email in question caused problems for Kennedy and Kennedy wanted to classify the document as ‘B9,'” The FBI report says. “Kennedy further stated that the ‘B9′ classification would allow him to archive the document in the basement of DoS (Department of State) never to be seen again.”

The FBI official said that after learning later that the information in question concerned the Benghazi attacks, he contacted Kennedy and told him there was “no way he could assist” with declassifying the material found in the email.

Toner suggested that Kennedy may not have raised the “B9″ exemption at all, but rather “B7″ — a separate exemption protecting confidential communications with law enforcement. Toner said that exemption could have still allowed parts of the document to be released.

Toner also denied there was any proposed deal, saying the FBI agent first raised the numbers of bureau personnel approved to be in Iraq at the end of the phone call as a separate issue.

“I can’t speak to what this person’s intent, whether they misunderstood the atmosphere of that conversation, I have no idea,” he said. “All I can say is that there was no quid pro quo.”

The Associated Press reported the existence of the secret Benghazi-related email in May 2015, though the classified content of the document has never been made public.

At the time, administration officials acknowledged interagency disagreements about whether certain information in the emails was classified, disagreements that the State Department said were contributing to the slow processing of their public release under the Freedom of Information Act.

House Republicans said Monday that the reports of Kennedy’s behind-the scenes maneuvering with the FBI were “extremely disturbing.”

“Those who receive classified intelligence should not barter in it — that is reckless behavior with our nation’s secrets,” said House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, and House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., in a joint statement.

Chaffetz first disclosed the alleged quid pro quo in an interview with Fox News on Saturday.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II

http://wtop.com/elections/2016/10/state-aide-sought-to-change-classification-of-clinton-email/

WASHINGTON (AP) — A senior State Department official asked the FBI to help last year in reducing the classification of an email from Hillary Clinton’s private server, according to FBI investigative files made public Monday. It was to be part of a bargain that would have allowed the FBI to deploy more agents in foreign countries, according to the files.

It was not immediately clear whether the State Department official or someone at the FBI first raised the prospect of a bargain over the email’s classification.

The bureau records, citing an FBI official whose name was censored, said Undersecretary for Management Patrick F. Kennedy sought assistance in exchange for a “quid pro quo.” But the FBI’s separate statement Monday said it was the now-retired FBI official who first asked Kennedy about deploying more agents overseas.

The FBI ultimately rejected the idea, which would have allowed the State Department to archive a message related to the 2012 attacks on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, in the basement of its Washington headquarters “never to be seen again,” according to the FBI files.

The email described reports in November 2012 that Libyan police were arresting suspects in the attack. It had been forwarded to Clinton’s private email address by Jake Sullivan, one of her top aides and the department’s director of policy planning, who was using his government email account.

Republicans quickly seized on the report as collusion within the Obama administration to protect Clinton, now the Democratic presidential nominee.

“CORRUPTION CONFIRMED: FBI confirms State Dept. offered ‘quid pro quo’ to cover up classified emails,” read a tweet from Team Trump, retweeted by the candidate.

Clinton campaign manager Brian Fallon said the campaign was not part of the discussions about email classifications.

Kennedy was a close aide to Clinton during her tenure as the nation’s top diplomat between 2009 and early 2013. He had served in his position since November 2007 under President George W. Bush.

In the FBI records, a bureau official said Kennedy “asked his assistance in altering the email’s classification in exchange for a ‘quid pro quo,'” and that in exchange, “State would reciprocate by allowing the FBI to place more agents in countries where they are presently forbidden.”

The FBI said Monday the now-retired FBI official had fielded Kennedy’s request to change the email classification and had said it would be considered if Kennedy “would address a pending, unaddressed FBI request for space for additional FBI employees assigned abroad.” The bureau said the FBI subsequently investigated the proposed arrangement but did not describe the outcome of that review.

“Although there was never a quid pro quo, these allegations were nonetheless referred to the appropriate officials for review,” the FBI said in a statement.

The State Department said Kennedy had been trying to understand the FBI’s classification decisions.

“This allegation is inaccurate and does not align with the facts,” department spokesman Mark Toner said. He added that there was never an increase in the number of FBI agents assigned to Iraq as a result of the conversations.

The disclosure was included in 100 pages the FBI released from its now-closed investigation into whether the former secretary of state and her aides mishandled sensitive government information that flowed through the private mail server located in her New York home.

According to the FBI’s account, Kennedy proposed using an obscure provision under the U.S. Freedom of Information Act to keep the existence of the secret document from becoming public, the FBI files said.

The provision cited in the FBI files, known as “B9,” is intended to protect geological and geophysical information and data, including maps, concerning wells and is the most rarely used FOIA exemption.

“Kennedy told (redacted) that the FBI’s classification of the email in question caused problems for Kennedy and Kennedy wanted to classify the document as ‘B9,'” The FBI report says. “Kennedy further stated that the ‘B9′ classification would allow him to archive the document in the basement of DoS (Department of State) never to be seen again.”

The FBI official said that after learning later that the information in question concerned the Benghazi attacks, he contacted Kennedy and told him there was “no way he could assist” with declassifying the material found in the email.

Toner suggested that Kennedy may not have raised the “B9″ exemption at all, but rather “B7″ — a separate exemption protecting confidential communications with law enforcement. Toner said that exemption could have still allowed parts of the document to be released.

Toner also denied there was any proposed deal, saying the FBI agent first raised the numbers of bureau personnel approved to be in Iraq at the end of the phone call as a separate issue.

“I can’t speak to what this person’s intent, whether they misunderstood the atmosphere of that conversation, I have no idea,” he said. “All I can say is that there was no quid pro quo.”

The Associated Press reported the existence of the secret Benghazi-related email in May 2015, though the classified content of the document has never been made public.

At the time, administration officials acknowledged interagency disagreements about whether certain information in the emails was classified, disagreements that the State Department said were contributing to the slow processing of their public release under the Freedom of Information Act.

House Republicans said Monday that the reports of Kennedy’s behind-the scenes maneuvering with the FBI were “extremely disturbing.”

“Those who receive classified intelligence should not barter in it — that is reckless behavior with our nation’s secrets,” said House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, and House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., in a joint statement.

Chaffetz first disclosed the alleged quid pro quo in an interview with Fox News on Saturday.

Yeah....discussed already. Horse is still dead.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    ^^^^ We've already discussed this. FYI.
    He's probably been waiting all day to post that

no I just was able to read it. Sorry I did not sift through the entire 200 pages.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II

no I just was able to read it. Sorry I did not sift through the entire 200 pages.

No sweat, I just mentioned in case you wondered why it didn't get many responses. ;)
    PJ_Soul said:

No sweat, I just mentioned in case you wondered why it didn't get many responses. ;)
    where did you discuss? Just curious
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,088
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

Kat said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

What about the topic at hand? How do you feel about a female being President? Surely you can separate your hatred for Clinton and the concept of a woman being POTUS for a second? Don't you think it's a real step forward in terms of gender equality? Can you acknowledge that a female president is a meaningful thing in and of itself? Do you know why it is so meaningful?
    Can't it be disappointing to some that the first woman POTUS is going to be this woman? I struggle with that. For women and girls it is a great thing to see. I understand that. For parents too. For anyone who truly believes in equality. I'm on board with that. But at the same time it is disappointing to know the first woman will be this career politician who I just don't believe in. If we were talking about Liz Warren it would be a different story. Hillary though...I find it hard to be inspired.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,927

Yeah....discussed already. Horse is still dead.
    arrrg....manufactured outrage!!!
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

Free said:

Kat said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

Much harder on me too.
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited October 2016

Free said:

Kat said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

:lol: You clearly don't know me too well if you think I support Donald.
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

Kat said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

Interesting, since she will be raising taxes for the 1% and lowering them for the middle-class.
    Look, I understand that you can't stand her, but at least be factual instead of reactionary. You're kind of just throwing out catchphrases from the right now. They aren't accurate or meaningful.
    Believing what she says, huh? You don't even live in this country so you won't be affected by her lies and her flip-flopping. What came out in those emails and more. <She supports big money. She is not about the people, she's about big money and she has made that clear, through her ACTIONS not her words.
    Post edited by Free on
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

Kat said:

What happened to the Primary? What did DWS resign as party chair?
    As I understand it, Hillary received the most delegates and was chosen as the Presidential Candidate. DWS resigned for doing her job as near as I can tell.
    Ok, lol. Doing her job fixing the primaries.
  • 09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    JimmyV said:

Kat said:

In our lives we've never seen a candidate so overmatched by the campaign process. We've never seen one so unqualified nominated by a major party. The guy has no idea what to do or how to carry himself.
    And still, if true, she should be polling 30 points higher than him. But she isnt.
    Kat said:

I thought you supported HRC?
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    JimmyV said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

Kat said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

Can't it be disappointing to some that the first woman POTUS is going to be this woman? I struggle with that. For women and girls it is a great thing to see. I understand that. For parents too. For anyone who truly believes in equality. I'm on board with that. But at the same time it is disappointing to know the first woman will be this career politician who I just don't believe in. If we were talking about Liz Warren it would be a different story. Hillary though...I find it hard to be inspired.
    My business partner is female she described Hilliary being the first POTUS like this "it's like when women are so proud of their implants, but come on they were bought, they're fake".
This discussion has been closed.