unsung said:

rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

When your private position becomes public...

It almost sounds like she considers environmentalists to be a basket of deplorables.
    I wouldn't make too big a deal over it, just politics. She prob just saying that to get elected, once elected she will do the right thing.
    Now that's funny! Anything to justify her lying to get elected... Wonder what other issues she would "do the right thing on" if elected? She has flip flopped on gay marriage, does anyone really know her stance or what she considers "the right thing" on anything?
    JC is being sarcastic.

The gay marriage example is silly. Just about every Democratic politician has changed their view on this issue over the past 20 years (including Sanders and Obama). And many Republicans have, in moderate districts.

But broadly, I think it's a very strange world where politicians are criticized for changing positions. I want a politician that can learn, change and represent the majority will, presuming it does not infringe on the rights of others.
    I too want a politician that can learn and change, but I don't want a politician who just sticks their finger in the air to determine which way the wind is blowing. I do remain concerned that Hillary Clinton is just that.

Isn't that pretty much what what politicians are elected to do? They are elected to serve the will of the people they represent, not their own will.
    This.

They should be doing what the people want, not their own interests. Their interests can be purchased.

That said, if a majority of the people wanted to ban something but it infringed on the Rights of the few then they need to protect the few. Doesn't matter what it is applied to.
    We agree?
    Naw, can't be lol
    Exactly what I said too. It's a crazy day!
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    rgambs said:

unsung said:

rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

It almost sounds like she considers environmentalists to be a basket of deplorables.
    I wouldn't make too big a deal over it, just politics. She prob just saying that to get elected, once elected she will do the right thing.
    Now that's funny! Anything to justify her lying to get elected... Wonder what other issues she would "do the right thing on" if elected? She has flip flopped on gay marriage, does anyone really know her stance or what she considers "the right thing" on anything?
    JC is being sarcastic.

The gay marriage example is silly. Just about every Democratic politician has changed their view on this issue over the past 20 years (including Sanders and Obama). And many Republicans have, in moderate districts.

But broadly, I think it's a very strange world where politicians are criticized for changing positions. I want a politician that can learn, change and represent the majority will, presuming it does not infringe on the rights of others.
    I too want a politician that can learn and change, but I don't want a politician who just sticks their finger in the air to determine which way the wind is blowing. I do remain concerned that Hillary Clinton is just that.

Isn't that pretty much what what politicians are elected to do? They are elected to serve the will of the people they represent, not their own will.
    This.

They should be doing what the people want, not their own interests. Their interests can be purchased.

That said, if a majority of the people wanted to ban something but it infringed on the Rights of the few then they need to protect the few. Doesn't matter what it is applied to.
    We agree?
    Naw, can't be lol
    My position on this hasn't changed, don't know what to tell ya.
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    I guess, in other words, public feelings shouldn't set policy if one person is suffering from it.
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    RT: NatWest to close Russian channel's UK bank accounts
    Hillary is thirsty for war with Russia. Democrats are war hungry. Need to protect the corruption,

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37677020
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,659
    unsung said:

rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

JC is being sarcastic.

This.

Seems we have some common ground
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,291
    tonifig8 said:

RT: NatWest to close Russian channel's UK bank accounts
    Hillary is thirsty for war with Russia. Democrats are war hungry. Need to protect the corruption,

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37677020

What does this article have to do with HRC?
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    FBI tells State Dept it won't mark email unclassified and won't comment publicly. An hour later Clinton denies publicly having sent classified material .
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,857
    edited October 2016
    JC29856 said:

FBI tells State Dept it won't mark email unclassified and won't comment publicly. An hour later Clinton denies publicly having sent classified material .

It wasn't classified when she emailed it, was it?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

Lol... The important distinction is email vs document.
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,827
    I just want to share how I got a big grin on my face this morning while listening to the political discussion on TV. One of the analysts used the term "her presidency" while talking about the possible future. :grin: It brought up some great emotions...looking forward to the reality of it.

Have a great week everyone and don't forget to be loving and lovable (she said while ducking). :)

Falling down,...not staying down
    edited October 2016
    JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

Lol... The important distinction is email vs document.
    Not sure why you're lol'ing. Anyway, obviously a document would be an attachment if you're talking about documents vs emails, as the case may be. I assumed that would be implied, this day and age.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Kat said:

I just want to share how I got a big grin on my face this morning while listening to the political discussion on TV. One of the analysts used the term "her presidency" while talking about the possible future. :grin: It brought up some great emotions...looking forward to the reality of it.

Have a great week everyone and don't forget to be loving and lovable (she said while ducking). :)

A big grin for the fact that this election has been rigged; bought and paid for by yours truly. You must be proud.
    Kat said:

I feel the same way when they talk of her being in prison. So warm and fuzzy all over!!!
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,927
    Free said:

Kat said:

A big grin for the fact that this election has been rigged; bought and paid for by yours truly. You must be proud.
    I still fail to see how exactly this election has been rigged. I am beginning to think people don't really understand what the word 'rigged' means.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Indianapolis Posts: 19,318
    Free said:

Kat said:

Yeah right. Blame your boy for being an asshat.

I'm actually starting to believe some of the rumors that he is tanking himself on purpose.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    CM189191 said:

Free said:

Kat said:

I still fail to see how exactly this election has been rigged. I am beginning to think people don't really understand what the word 'rigged' means.
    "Rigged" means "I don't like who is winning".
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    CM189191 said:

Free said:

Kat said:

What happened to the Primary? What did DWS resign as party chair?
    edited October 2016
    Kat said:

No matter who the specific nominee is, and no matter how much you may hate her (that's for you Unsung and Free ;) ), yes, absolutely, the first woman to be POTUS is a truly monumental thing for America and women. It's just as big a deal as it was when the first black man became President... bigger, actually. A very important step in American politics.
    I have absolutely zero problems with a woman being president... just don't want this one.
    unsung said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

Kat said:

What happened to the Primary? What did DWS resign as party chair?
    As I understand it, Hillary received the most delegates and was chosen as the Presidential Candidate. DWS resigned for doing her job as near as I can tell.
    edited October 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

No matter who the specific nominee is, and no matter how much you may hate her (that's for you Unsung and Free ;) ), yes, absolutely, the first woman to be POTUS is a truly monumental thing for America and women. It's just as big a deal as it was when the first black man became President... bigger, actually. A very important step in American politics.
    Thanks, Soul. It's very progressive and will make a big difference to all little girls and women in the future. She'll need as much support as we can give her so she won't be boxed into the "weak president" box some would have her in. She's tough so I have high hopes that she can get things done. When she wasn't running for office, there were so many in the GOP that gave her high praise. It'll be good to have that sentiment return. I know she'll work hard to be a president for all of us.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,085
    Kat said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

Thanks, Soul. It's very progressive and will make a big difference to all little girls and women in the future. She'll need as much support as we can give her so she won't be boxed into the "weak president" box some would have her in. She's tough so I have high hopes that she can get things done. When she wasn't running for office, there were so many in the GOP that gave her high praise. It'll be good to have that sentiment return. I know she'll work hard to be a president for all of us.
    Exactly compared to what 4 yrs of Trump would look like ! I'd rather take my chances with her ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited October 2016
    CM189191 said:

Free said:

Kat said:

I forget, those who choose to forget about paid superdelegates, A rigged and disastrous DNC convention showing Dems all in their glory working against Bernie and his legal rights of being in this election and repealing Obama's progress on getting money out of politics by allowing big money, special interest lobbyists to contribute to political campaigns? You can read it all again in the Podesta email thread. And that's just three things.

Because to many conveniently forget or choose not to believe. It's all rigged and has been even before Sanders got into the race. I suggest reading the Podesta thread from The beginning.
    Post edited by Free on
    edited October 2016
    Kat said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

:rofl: She'll be a good president for only the 1% and all of big money that just happen to be her donors.
    Post edited by Free on
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    mrussel1 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

unsung said:

The funny thing is that every private statement that comes out makes me like her more. If I had confidence in her private positions I would whole heartedly endorse her.
    I understand this with regards to foreign affairs, but I'm surprised that a private positive attitude towards fracking would be seen as a good thing in your eyes. Do you mind my asking about your position on climate change?
    Read the whole message/speech Benjs. Pick up the whole context
    Fracking is a great thing both in terms of lowering energy costs, improving local economies related to the industry, and in terms of reducing overall carbon emissions when compared to the emissions generated through production and use of an equal amount of oil. It's a win win. Now as far as my position on climate change it has been outlined quite a bit in the climate change thread. I believe that the climate is changing, that man contributes to this change, but the degree to which man contributes is both unknown and may possibly be negligible when compared to other natural sources and/or earth's own biofeedback mechanisms that are able to regulate temperature.
    edited October 2016
    Free said:

Kat said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

:rofl:
    If you find my hopes and dreams for my country to be hilarious, you could find a more polite way to express it. You do that emoji to a lot of people and it's very rude. I still have to moderate you...see Posting Guidelines #1. Thank you.
    Post edited by Kat on
    edited October 2016
    Kat said:

If you find my hopes and dreams for my country to be hilarious, you could find a more polite way to express it. You do that emoji to a lot of people and it's very rude. I still have to moderate you...see Posting Guidelines #1. Thank you.

You just sound kind of naïve. We all know who her donors are: The 1% and big banks and industries and lobbyists. She's not looking out for the little guy. But feel free to keep yourself entertained by that notion.

Bernie Sanders, based on small Donations alone, from real people who work hard to make a living, received a record breaking amounts of money. Hillary Clinton did not, she only gets big money from big money donors. She serves big money and always has, she can say one thing but we'll see if she does what she says, won't we!
    Post edited by Free on
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,934
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

unsung said:

The funny thing is that every private statement that comes out makes me like her more. If I had confidence in her private positions I would whole heartedly endorse her.
    I understand this with regards to foreign affairs, but I'm surprised that a private positive attitude towards fracking would be seen as a good thing in your eyes. Do you mind my asking about your position on climate change?
    Read the whole message/speech Benjs. Pick up the whole context
    Fracking is a great thing both in terms of lowering energy costs, improving local economies related to the industry, and in terms of reducing overall carbon emissions when compared to the emissions generated through production and use of an equal amount of oil. It's a win win. Now as far as my position on climate change it has been outlined quite a bit in the climate change thread. I believe that the climate is changing, that man contributes to this change, but the degree to which man contributes is both unknown and may possibly be negligible when compared to other natural sources and/or earth's own biofeedback mechanisms that are able to regulate temperature.
    It's not often I see praise for fracking.
    Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

Kat said:

I forget, those who choose to forget about paid superdelegates, A rigged and disastrous DNC convention showing Dems all in their glory working against Bernie and his legal rights of being in this election and repealing Obama's progress on getting money out of politics by allowing big money, special interest lobbyists to contribute to political campaigns? You can read it all again in the Podesta email thread. And that's just three things.

Because to many conveniently forget or choose not to believe. It's all rigged and has been even before Sanders got into the race. I suggest reading the Podesta thread from The beginning.
    It's a feature, not a bug. It's not rigged, it's a very intentionally designed political system. Specifically, it is designed to win elections for Democrats, which it appears to be doing quite successfully.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,659
    Free said:

Kat said:

I'm not exactly the grammar police but you just took responsibility for everything you blame Hillary Clinton for!! :dizzy:

From the interwebs....

Yours truly, a euphemistic alternative to the pronoun 'I' or 'me' – referring to oneself
This discussion has been closed.