Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

I can't believe...or I guess I can...that Hillary used a child actor to ask her a question in Pennsylvania. What the hell is wrong with her and her campaign? Shit like this is just so unnecessary.

Source? Let me guess....infowars? zerohedge? Drudge?
    Multiple sources...linked you a page below that has them all linked as you go through it. You can deny this if you want but then you become someone who is just running cover Hillary always and all the time. I criticize Trump plenty so it shouldn't be hard to look at this and the Steve Harvey interview and say...."I like Hillary but why does her campaign have to do shit like this all the time".

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/10/07/sure-looks-like-girls-townhall-question-hillary-staged/
    http://www.snopes.com/clinton-hired-child-actor/

Unproven
    Ha. What a joke. The guy who questions sources links to Snopes. Of course it isn't "proven" that she was "hired" but for you to hang your hat on that just shows how deep in the tank for Hillary. There is no doubt in my mind that money was not exchanged and I bet there is no paper trail to show she was planted but the bulk of the evidence sure as hell points away from this being a coincidence. Try being at least remotely honest.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,397
    from Snopes...
    she is the daughter of Pennsylvania state senator Daylin Leach, and she appears to have been the only audience member called upon who read her question from a piece of paper.

While these three facts were presented as "evidence" that Clinton was "caught" using a child actress to ask a pre-arranged question, that conclusion was based on nothing more than speculation

It's certainly likely that young Brennan Leach's political views have been informed by her parents, it's possible she received a prominent seat at the town hall event (making her more visible and more likely to be chosen for a question) because of her father's political prominence in the state, and it's not unreasonable to assume that her father talked to her before the event (and possibly even suggested a question for her to ask).

But if the Clinton campaign had truly cast about for a "child actor" to ask a pre-arranged anti-Trump question, they likely would have hired one with a stronger résumé than a single bit part in a short film, selected an actor who could recite a question without having to read it from a "script," and coached their choice not to offer her real full name (thereby subjecting the whole plot to exposure by anyone familiar with the Internet Movie Database).

In short, the only aspect of this claim that suggests a conspiracy is the counterintuitive assertion that it was so easy to uncover.
    keep cackling you hens....
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    BS44325 said:

I can't believe...or I guess I can...that Hillary used a child actor to ask her a question in Pennsylvania. What the hell is wrong with her and her campaign? Shit like this is just so unnecessary.

Must....destroy....teenage.....girl......

First off, I have no idea if it's true or not. But let's pretend her dad is a politician. Who cares if they set it up. That's how politics works on the campaign trail. It's not like this would be the undoing of the Republic and no other campaign in US history has ever done anything like this. I wouldn't care if Trump did the same. I mean look at the stupid town hall he had yesterday. Those people and questions were plants across the board. Who cares. The goal of an election is to win.
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    To many of you to reply too. Let me get this straight you guys are afraid that a psycho path candidate is going to beat your queen because he has a bunch of deplorable supporters backing him? Am I getting that right? All this fear and pissing your pants because there are a few hundred former berniebros out there who are not voting for Clinton? All this fear because some rapist hiding in an embassy is leaking information about the DNC? Remember Clinton won by more then 4 million votes! You got this in the bag fellas.
    C'mon guys- you have nothing to fear and are only wasting your time responding to my post. Just hit the shadow block button and bam! Presto!! Your panties will remain clean for the rest of the day. Works like magic :)

tonifig8 said:

To many of you to reply too. Let me get this straight you guys are afraid that a psycho path candidate is going to beat your queen because he has a bunch of deplorable supporters backing him? Am I getting that right? All this fear and pissing your pants because there are a few hundred former berniebros out there who are not voting for Clinton? All this fear because some rapist hiding in an embassy is leaking information about the DNC? Remember Clinton won by more then 4 million votes! You got this in the bag fellas.
    C'mon guys- you have nothing to fear and are only wasting your time responding to my post. Just hit the shadow block button and bam! Presto!! Your panties will remain clean for the rest of the day. Works like magic :)

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/#now

nah....not worried. Vote for Johnson....who gives a shit?

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    edited October 2016
    mrussel1 said:

I can't imagine anything worse for America's future than a Trump victory and Republicans maintaining control of Congress, which is likely to happen regardless of the presidential outcome. With Republicans holding two branches of govt, the Supreme Court will collapse in four years of retirements or deaths. We'll see how proud the revolutionaries are when they lose the Supreme Court. The meaning of freedom will never be the same, for at least 50 years. Nothing they want will ever happen in their lifetime, and goodness help the grandkids.

I take the long view. It's not about now. It's not about Clinton. There is no way the Democratic status quo is worse than what the right wing will do to this country. This year really does decide everything, and the religious right is exactly where they want to be. That's why the zealots in the bunch -- Cruz, Christie, Pence, Rubio, Ryan, Guiliani, Gingrich, et. al -- support Trump. He is their ticket to absolute power. This is more dangerous than anything I've ever seen in government.

It is funny that we are all bickering about Dems vs. Reps but the people we should be fearing that are impacting our future, privacy, job availability, etc... even more significantly are unelected megalomaniacs (Bezos, Schmidt, Zuckerberg, Musk, etc....).
    The future of jobs, particularly those with college educations looks fantastic. For those males without degrees that relied on manufacturing, it is more bleak. That's what I think the failure of NAFTA was, not preparing the workforce for the changes it would bring. I hope $ is set aside if/when TPP happens to continue preparing the blue collar force for white collar jobs.

Agree with your statement on privacy.
    Good blue color jobs are disappearing and pretty soon good white color jobs will be disappearing too or more outsourced (accounting, law, finance). I don't believe there will be enough software programming jobs to keep people employed. I also don't think everyone is cut out for college (white, black, brown, etc...). That is what the trades were for but the trades jobs are disappearing. I'm not smart enough or creative enough to be a great software engineer, and I think I'm in the majority in that respect. I have zero percent belief that the world will be a better place in 200 years with the rapid growth of technology. There won't be cab drivers, construction workers, waiters, flight attendants, entry level accountants and attorneys, secretaries, etc... It will be great for the elites but not for the average person (unless the average person has no money to buy what the elites are selling).
    edited October 2016
    CM189191 said:

Governor Scott in Florida has said that he will not allow the registration deadline to be extended beyond the normal date of next Tuesday.
    What's your take on it? Is it a form of voter suppression since it's believed that last many of the later registrations are normally younger voters who vote Democratic?
    I don't know if I really have an opinion on it. When the storm passes in a couple of days, there's still time to register by Tuesday. Then again, this is an act of God type scenario that can be given some wiggle room.

Governor Scott is an asshole. That's my take on it.
    There was plenty of time to register. Why extend something 5 days when people have had probably 2 years to register?
    tonifig8 said:

No, I'm more afraid of people voting for Johnson, pulling votes from Clinton and sending Trump to the WH. It's pretty clear that Johnson voters are coming more from HRC than Trump at this point. Now as I've said several times, I think that will dissipate as we get closer to election day, but it's still a concern. Trump seems to have a 43/44% ceiling on support. Those are the deplorables + the good party people.
    I hate to tell you this, but the chances of both candidates dropping out in the next 30 days is ~.0000001%. So you're welcome to keep praying for that, but I'm not banking on it myself.

Toniflig got one thing right: the "revolutionaries" (hahaha) will do some serious damage if or when Trump wins the election. That is no love of country. It's just more of the narcissistic, grandiose millenial playbook. "Look at our generation save the country! We're so amazing!"

Then Toniflig provides examples of this grand revolutionary change:
    1. Trump -- yeah, there's an anti-corruption candidate for you.
    2. Congressional candidates losing their districts -- yeah, to be replaced by religious right wing zealots. Love that.
    3. "Look at Bernie" says Tonifig. Well, I would look if Bernie were anywhere to be found. But he ain't. Haven't seen hide nor hair of the man since the convention. That's a real leader for you. Loses his primary, and does what Americans do in this great democracy of ours. Accepts defeat gracefully and goes back to his day job.

So all that taken together -- the rise of Trump, right wing zealots controlling Congress, and zero leadership among leftist revolutuonaries other than the creepy Julian Assange who isn't even American -- I'll take a pass on the "revolution." I'm happy to hold the center through one more election cycle. Thank God for the center.

Hmmmmmm you probably haven't been paying much attention. Sanders is hosting Taco trucks all over the country doing everything he can to get those few hundred former Bernie bros who have gone rogue back on the Clinton train. Just click on the Internet. There's but loads of examples of Bernie begging us to get back on board
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    This video was picked up by several web sites known for promulgating conspiracy theories, such as Info Wars and Zero Hedge:

SHOCKING!!! :joy:
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927

tonifig8 said:

don't get complacent now

CM189191 said:

Governor Scott in Florida has said that he will not allow the registration deadline to be extended beyond the normal date of next Tuesday.
    What's your take on it? Is it a form of voter suppression since it's believed that last many of the later registrations are normally younger voters who vote Democratic?
    I don't know if I really have an opinion on it. When the storm passes in a couple of days, there's still time to register by Tuesday. Then again, this is an act of God type scenario that can be given some wiggle room.

There was plenty of time to register. Why extend something 5 days when people have had probably 2 years to register?
    idunno maybe because there is a hurricane?

Toniflig got one thing right: the "revolutionaries" (hahaha) will do some serious damage if or when Trump wins the election. That is no love of country. It's just more of the narcissistic, grandiose millenial playbook. "Look at our generation save the country! We're so amazing!"

Then Toniflig provides examples of this grand revolutionary change:
    1. Trump -- yeah, there's an anti-corruption candidate for you.
    2. Congressional candidates losing their districts -- yeah, to be replaced by religious right wing zealots. Love that.
    3. "Look at Bernie" says Tonifig. Well, I would look if Bernie were anywhere to be found. But he ain't. Haven't seen hide nor hair of the man since the convention. That's a real leader for you. Loses his primary, and does what Americans do in this great democracy of ours. Accepts defeat gracefully and goes back to his day job.

So all that taken together -- the rise of Trump, right wing zealots controlling Congress, and zero leadership among leftist revolutuonaries other than the creepy Julian Assange who isn't even American -- I'll take a pass on the "revolution." I'm happy to hold the center through one more election cycle. Thank God for the center.

Ummmmm Cruz, Rubio, etc got their asses handed to them on a silver platter. Don't you remember? The Republican Party is in some form of trouble. They have teabaggers on their ass and they have this new group of deplorables on their asses. It might not end the party, but it is certainly changing shit up and a lot of their career politicians are losing their post because of all these shifts.
    This revolution isn't conventional. We're doing crazy shit like posting on PJ forums! You can't stop us! Hahaha...

CM189191 said:

tonifig8 said:

don't get complacent now

CM189191 said:

So? Was this hurricane around for the last 2 years or something?

CM189191 said:

tonifig8 said:

don't get complacent now

CM189191 said:

There was a set deadline to register. People wait.

What about the people that just moved to those areas? Think man

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

No, I'm more afraid of people voting for Johnson, pulling votes from Clinton and sending Trump to the WH. It's pretty clear that Johnson voters are coming more from HRC than Trump at this point. Now as I've said several times, I think that will dissipate as we get closer to election day, but it's still a concern. Trump seems to have a 43/44% ceiling on support. Those are the deplorables + the good party people.
    I hate to tell you this, but the chances of both candidates dropping out in the next 30 days is ~.0000001%. So you're welcome to keep praying for that, but I'm not banking on it myself.
    I don't pray brother, but maybe I should try that- seems to work for many of you guys.

Johnson will probably drop out and help you guys secure the "w".
    Crazy how the faith of such an honorable candidate like Clinton depends on some dude who can't even name a foreign leader... That's pretty fucked up.
    I still believe the American people are the real losers here.

CM189191 said:

tonifig8 said:

don't get complacent now

CM189191 said:

This is real simple, Scott couldn't have taken the opportunity to extend the registration due to an emergency. He decided to take the opposite approach, which made it more difficult for people to register, and subsequently vote. If Scott were truly concerned about encouraging citizens to exercise their right to vote, Florida would allow Same Day Registration on Election Day.
  • rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    is the aipac lobby out in full force in this Hillary thread again? how much they payin ya?

CM189191 said:

tonifig8 said:

don't get complacent now

CM189191 said:

you're depending on the few people who just moved there? Ouch, your problems might be a little bigger then originally thought. You better get that taco truck out there ASAP!!! No wait, there aren't many Mexicans out there. What do those minorities like? Find out quick and get them some food!!

CM189191 said:

tonifig8 said:

don't get complacent now

CM189191 said:

I did think about that. Stuff happens. The percentage of people who didn't have months to register is likely very tiny.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rssesq said:

is the aipac lobby out in full force in this Hillary thread again? how much they payin ya?

The Rothschilds pay me directly, they show up at my door with gold coins from the lost treasure of the Knights Templar each time I post about Clinton.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited October 2016
    tonifig8 said:

CM189191 said:

tonifig8 said:

don't get complacent now

CM189191 said:

you're depending on the few people who just moved there? Ouch, your problems might be a little bigger then originally thought. You better get that taco truck out there ASAP!!! No wait, there aren't many Mexicans out there. What do those minorities like? Find out quick and get them some food!!
    Number of people who move to Florida each day — 1,000
    The deadline to register to vote is 29 days before any election.
    So you're talking about 29,000 people who would be unable to register to vote in Florida.
    The final official Florida count gave the victory to Bush by 537 votes
    Every vote counts, including minority votes.
    Guac the Vote!
    Post edited by CM189191 on
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761

CM189191 said:

tonifig8 said:

don't get complacent now

CM189191 said:

I did think about that. Stuff happens. The percentage of people who didn't have months to register is likely very tiny.
    I would think that the highest percentage of those registering now are college students who moved back in August and registering to vote took a back seat to getting wasted and laid.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    rgambs said:

rssesq said:

The Rothschilds pay me directly, they show up at my door with gold coins from the lost treasure of the Knights Templar each time I post about Clinton.
    WHAT??!!
    You get paid by the Rothschilds??!!
    I get paid by the Federal Reserve Board
    Or is it Netanyahu?

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,415
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Multiple sources...linked you a page below that has them all linked as you go through it. You can deny this if you want but then you become someone who is just running cover Hillary always and all the time. I criticize Trump plenty so it shouldn't be hard to look at this and the Steve Harvey interview and say...."I like Hillary but why does her campaign have to do shit like this all the time".

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/10/07/sure-looks-like-girls-townhall-question-hillary-staged/
    wait what? most of the people at these events are invited by the parties. it's a rally for a particular candidate not a free for all. are we really surprised a local politician and his family where there? i know there is a lot of dislike for hillary but wtf? really, this is the best shit people can come up with this week? fuck i guess she would have been better off calling the girl a ms piggy :confounded:
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    pjhawks said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

wait what? most of the people at these events are invited by the parties. it's a rally for a particular candidate not a free for all. are we really surprised a local politician and his family where there? i know there is a lot of dislike for hillary but wtf? really, this is the best shit people can come up with this week? fuck i guess she would have been better off calling the girl a ms piggy :confounded:
    That was my first thought when I heard it on Hannity yesterday.
    Really? This is an issue?

I think it's an issue for conservatives because they know it was a damn good question that will really resonate with young mothers and bigger women.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

I don't pray brother, but maybe I should try that- seems to work for many of you guys.

Johnson will probably drop out and help you guys secure the "w".
    Crazy how the faith of such an honorable candidate like Clinton depends on some dude who can't even name a foreign leader... That's pretty fucked up.
    I still believe the American people are the real losers here.
    Johnson's support is plummeting since his last two gaffes. I don't know if it's the natural consolidation or a real abandonment due to the gaffes. Either way, Democrats are coming home and that's good for the country, IMO. Then you get to rail for a third party without suffering the consequences of a Trump presidency. Win Win!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,115
    I wish we could just vote already. Saw a flyer for early voting this morning which is a first for Massachusetts. Begins on 10/24 I believe. Really thinking about walking in right at 8am that day and getting it over with.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:

I wish we could just vote already. Saw a flyer for early voting this morning which is a first for Massachusetts. Begins on 10/24 I believe. Really thinking about walking in right at 8am that day and getting it over with.

I did that in 2008....it was really nice

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,858
    JimmyV said:

I already have my absentee ballot. Sending it out Monday.
    JimmyV said:

I voted yesterday. Walked in at 4:20, registered with no ID, done voting and walked out before they closed at 4:30 pm. Easy, breezy, beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.