Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Yeah. What would I know about voter fraud. Election law only pays the mortgage for ledvedderman and ledvedderboy. Fuck me, right?

Voters being required to show an ID that costs money to obtain is a poll tax. Flat and easy.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    Free said:

Please tell me how voter fraud exists. Does some asshole get the big idea to try to vote twice? Definitely. Is it an out of control problem swaying elections? Far from.

This is just plain ignorance. There was upfront and blatant voter fraud during the primaries. If you don't know, do us all a favor, don't post.
    Post the proof. I don't know if you are right or wrong, but post the proof when asked about it versus trying to start an argument. To me your answer says you don't have any proof so you are just going to insult the person.
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    My bad, getting voter suppression and voter fraud mixed up.

http://billmoyers.com/story/voter-fraud-explained/
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    mrussel1 said:

JimmyV said:

There is an alternate reality where Benghazi and the Clinton Foundation are the two greatest threats facing the Republic. The ironic thing is that if it were true we would actually be better off.

That's a great point! There's also a whole contingent that believes that no only was Obama not born here, but he hasn't produced a certificate yet. CNN interviewed a couple of them. It was comical.
    That's the same contingent that believes that....
    President Obama is Muslim
    That Homosexuality is a choice.
    That President Obama is going to send U.N. troops to take their guns.
    That the Jews control the world's financial systems.
    That man didn't walk on the moon
    That 9/11 was a U.S. govt. conspiracy
    That President Obama was behind the Newtown massacre.
    And on and on and on

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    edited October 2016
    Free said:

Pardon my election ignorance yet again, buuuut how are you proving anything with this link? It explains the various types of fraud well and good but you're rambling about "rampant" voter fraud/suppression in the 2016 primaries is addressed in the first lines of the article.

"Voter fraud is not rampant. In fact, voter fraud is so rare as to be effectively nonexistent. But the claim that voter fraud threatens the integrity of American elections is widespread, and is itself a deception"

If you're just posting the link for informative reasons on the various types of fraud with no connection to your earlier claim of fraud in the primaries...my apologies.
    Post edited by ledvedderman on
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Awesome thread.
    Free said:

Wait - didn't you tell someone to quit posting in one breath, then said you made a mistake on your end? (via "my bad").

And then somewhere else (sorry, so many places this occurs), judged while crying over being judged?

This thread among others, fascinating reads. The infighting sucks, bigtime.

Hope the next month or so are less painful on these forums than the last couple.

(but who am I kidding)

I suppose I'm just, probably fruitlessly, hoping for some tiny bit of meeting of minds.

Realistic side of me says, yeah right.

Welcome to the jungle!
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,096
    Please Kat, I'm begging you!

https://vanillaforums.org/addon/ignore-plugin
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1

Free said:

Pardon my election ignorance yet again, buuuut how are you proving anything with this link? It explains the various types of fraud well and good but you're rambling about "rampant" voter fraud/suppression in the 2016 primaries is addressed in the first lines of the article.

"Voter fraud is not rampant. In fact, voter fraud is so rare as to be effectively nonexistent. But the claim that voter fraud threatens the integrity of American elections is widespread, and is itself a deception"

If you're just posting the link for informative reasons on the various types of fraud with no connection to your earlier claim of fraud in the primaries...my apologies.
    I posted the informative article because there has been rampant voter suppression during the primaries.

There are many articles about it where it happened in AZ, NY, and CA for starters. I don't have the time right now but I'll post them later. But you're right, voter fraud is nearly nonexistent after doing some research on it.
    benjs said:
    Yes, please.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    Free said:

benjs said:
    Yes, please.
    What does it do?
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

benjs said:
    Yes, please.
    What does it do?
    It allows you to select users whose posts you don't want to see. What's funny is that I think everyone here would have a different list of who they should ignore!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125
    benjs said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

benjs said:
    Yes, please.
    What does it do?
    It allows you to select users whose posts you don't want to see. What's funny is that I think everyone here would have a different list of who they should ignore!
    Yeah but I think only talking for myself o don't want to ignore anyone unless they start insulting me personally , I have to admit I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer so I find everyone's post to inform me either way ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,415

Free said:

Please tell me how voter fraud exists. Does some asshole get the big idea to try to vote twice? Definitely. Is it an out of control problem swaying elections? Far from.

This is just plain ignorance. There was upfront and blatant voter fraud during the primaries. If you don't know, do us all a favor, don't post.
    Post the proof. I don't know if you are right or wrong, but post the proof when asked about it versus trying to start an argument. To me your answer says you don't have any proof so you are just going to insult the person.
    he is a Bernie supporter and has no proof. just a lot of conjecture. even Bernie himself has said that any voter suppression didn't make a difference in the outcome and he would have lost anyway. Bernie supporters are sore losers.
    pjhawks said:

Free said:

he is a Bernie supporter and has no proof. just a lot of conjecture. even Bernie himself has said that any voter suppression didn't make a difference in the outcome and he would have lost anyway. Bernie supporters are sore losers.
    Ok. :lol: But you're wrong about Bernie.
    Free said:

pjhawks said:

Free said:

no i'm not. get over it he lost.
    pjhawks said:

Free said:

pjhawks said:

Free said:

no i'm not. get over it he lost.
    :lol: His movement lives on.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,115
    The Bernie Bros busting up that Trump rally in Chicago five days before the Illinois primary is what did his campaign in, IMO. It was an ugly glimpse at what the revolution would look like and caused me to reconsider my support of his candidacy. He had great momentum coming out of Michigan. After Illinois he had none.

But I digress. This thread is about Hillary.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Free said:

pjhawks said:

Free said:

If corruption exists in government from every level from internal party politics through to congress, and Sanders was ineffective at circumventing the corruption in the primaries, the only reasonable assumption is that he would have been equally ineffective at circumventing the corruption as President. It seems pretty reasonable to say, again, that if you want to purge corruption in government - you need to work from the bottom up.

EV
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125
    At this point people we are left with these two ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    benjs said:

Free said:

pjhawks said:

Free said:

If corruption exists in government from every level from internal party politics through to congress, and Sanders was ineffective at circumventing the corruption in the primaries, the only reasonable assumption is that he would have been equally ineffective at circumventing the corruption as President. It seems pretty reasonable to say, again, that if you want to purge corruption in government - you need to work from the bottom up.
    But I've asked you how to get rid of gerrymandering and money in politics... from the bottom up. What are your solutions?
    JimmyV said:

The Bernie Bros busting up that Trump rally in Chicago five days before the Illinois primary is what did his campaign in, IMO. It was an ugly glimpse at what the revolution would look like and caused me to reconsider my support of his candidacy. He had great momentum coming out of Michigan. After Illinois he had none.

This is ridiculous. Judging an entire movement on one event by a few people considered bad apples? Sounds like you're just looking for a reason to bash The entire movement. Take a look at his rally photos and then tell us how his momentum died after Illinois. Because it certainly didn't.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,115
    Free said:

JimmyV said:

This is ridiculous. Judging an entire movement on one event by a few people considered bad apples? Sounds like you're just looking for a reason to bash The entire movement. Take a look at his rally photos and then tell us how his momentum died after Illinois. Because it certainly didn't.
    Rallies don't win elections. Votes do. Bernie didn't get nearly enough. Certainly not in Illinois, and certainly not in enough other places afterwards to matter. My belief is that without that incident things might have been different. You of course are free to disagree.

I'm looking for a reason to bash an entire movement? Please.

Maybe calm down? Just a thought.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited October 2016
    anyone who denies that there is voter fraud and or suppression is blind...there is an investigation going on in Colorado right now...it happen in local all the way to presidential elections

http://www.snopes.com/2016/10/02/19-dead-people-registered/

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/dead-people-voting-in-colorado/article/2602775

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/23/colorado-voter-fraud-revealed-slew-of-ballots-cast/

Edit:

Los Angeles from earlier this year

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2016/05/25/cbs-uncovers-voter-fraud-in-la-n2168330
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    benjs said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

benjs said:
    Yes, please.
    What does it do?
    Actually, I like reading the posts from those who appear to be full of shit, from those who don't, and from those in-between.

If a member chooses to be an asshole a dick to others a big meanie! they should be prepared to be called on it.

Should someone get his panties ruffled in the process, either address it or scroll on by and down, and move on.

(surely we don't need a button to ignore!)
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    edited October 2016
    hedonist said:

benjs said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

benjs said:
    Yes, please.
    What does it do?
    Actually, I like reading the posts from those who appear to be full of shit, from those who don't, and from those in-between.

If a member chooses to be an asshole a dick to others a big meanie! they should be prepared to be called on it.

Should someone get his panties ruffled in the process, either address it or scroll on by and down, and move on.

(surely we don't need a button to ignore!)
    Exactly. How about putting on your big boy pants and simply ignoring certain post/comments. As if that's so hard to do. Or better yet, why not just form a little private group where all the clintonites can get together and praise your mighty queen. I bet that will work! You guys can argue about what she's wearing rather then any of the crazy shit being said around here.

Post edited by Boxes&Books on
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,569
    There are people who don't believe there is such a thing as voter fraud and voter suppression? I didn't know that?

Another question: Bernie supporters are sore losers? All of us or just those of us with geek stink breath?

Thanks in advance for answers. It's good to know these things.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    tonifig8 said:

I bet that will work! You guys can argue about what she's wearing rather then any of the crazy shit being said around here.

I'm pretty sure Clinton supporters try to stay away from that topic as well. It is tough to make a case for Hillary being the peoples' candidate or "one of us" when she's wearing ugly $12,000 Armani jackets and pant suits.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    edited October 2016
    brianlux said:

There are people who don't believe there is such a thing as voter fraud and voter suppression? I didn't know that?

Another question: Bernie supporters are sore losers? All of us or just those of us with geek stink breath?

Thanks in advance for answers. It's good to know these things.

not all, just those who think, because he lost because of fraud or voter suppression. i mean his thread still gets hits here and he lost.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,870
    edited October 2016
    benjs said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

benjs said:
    Yes, please.
    What does it do?
    Yeah... doesn't work all that well, since if anyone you don't ignore quotes someone you put on ignore, you will still see the ignored person's posts (I think - someone correct me if Vanilla managed to avoid that). Still, better than nothing.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    benjs said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

benjs said:
    Yes, please.
    What does it do?
    I wouldn't ignore anyone, and I mean that. Then again I'm not a beta so I can handle disagreement. My feeling won't get hurt.
This discussion has been closed.