Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,569
    pjhawks said:

brianlux said:

There are people who don't believe there is such a thing as voter fraud and voter suppression? I didn't know that?

Another question: Bernie supporters are sore losers? All of us or just those of us with geek stink breath?

Thanks in advance for answers. It's good to know these things.

not all, just those who think, because he lost because of fraud or voter suppression. i mean his thread still gets hits here and he lost.
    But that's not what you said- you made a generalization about Bernie supporters. Not everyone is a sore loser. And just because Bernie lost, I wouldn't assume what he brought to the U.S. political arena is irrelevant.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,870
    edited October 2016
    unsung said:

benjs said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

benjs said:
    Yes, please.
    What does it do?
    It allows you to select users whose posts you don't want to see. What's funny is that I think everyone here would have a different list of who they should ignore!
    I wouldn't ignore anyone, and I mean that. Then again I'm not a beta so I can handle disagreement. My feeling won't get hurt.
    There are very, very few people I would ignore. For the most part I really like to see full discussions, and disagreements and conflicts don't phase me in the long run either. But I can think of maybe a couple of people who I'd probably want to ignore because I find their contributions worthless.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    I've been attacked personally, but I honestly don't even know anymore who did it. It's fine.
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    pjhawks said:

Free said:

Please tell me how voter fraud exists. Does some asshole get the big idea to try to vote twice? Definitely. Is it an out of control problem swaying elections? Far from.

This is just plain ignorance. There was upfront and blatant voter fraud during the primaries. If you don't know, do us all a favor, don't post.
    Post the proof. I don't know if you are right or wrong, but post the proof when asked about it versus trying to start an argument. To me your answer says you don't have any proof so you are just going to insult the person.
    he is a Bernie supporter and has no proof. just a lot of conjecture. even Bernie himself has said that any voter suppression didn't make a difference in the outcome and he would have lost anyway. Bernie supporters are sore losers.
    relevant to this conversation
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Op9Bkpeu4s
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,096
    Free said:

benjs said:

Free said:

pjhawks said:

Free said:

Please tell me how voter fraud exists. Does some asshole get the big idea to try to vote twice? Definitely. Is it an out of control problem swaying elections? Far from.

This is just plain ignorance. There was upfront and blatant voter fraud during the primaries. If you don't know, do us all a favor, don't post.
    Post the proof. I don't know if you are right or wrong, but post the proof when asked about it versus trying to start an argument. To me your answer says you don't have any proof so you are just going to insult the person.
    he is a Bernie supporter and has no proof. just a lot of conjecture. even Bernie himself has said that any voter suppression didn't make a difference in the outcome and he would have lost anyway. Bernie supporters are sore losers.
    Ok. :lol: But you're wrong about Bernie.
    If corruption exists in government from every level from internal party politics through to congress, and Sanders was ineffective at circumventing the corruption in the primaries, the only reasonable assumption is that he would have been equally ineffective at circumventing the corruption as President. It seems pretty reasonable to say, again, that if you want to purge corruption in government - you need to work from the bottom up.
    But I've asked you how to get rid of gerrymandering and money in politics... from the bottom up. What are your solutions?
    Then maybe this needs to be an holistic mobilization combating corruption on top and bottom levels. On the top, we have just over four years to make change. On the bottom, could efforts to have Congress represent the people again not start immediately?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,398
    benjs said:

Free said:

benjs said:

Free said:

pjhawks said:

Free said:

If corruption exists in government from every level from internal party politics through to congress, and Sanders was ineffective at circumventing the corruption in the primaries, the only reasonable assumption is that he would have been equally ineffective at circumventing the corruption as President. It seems pretty reasonable to say, again, that if you want to purge corruption in government - you need to work from the bottom up.
    But I've asked you how to get rid of gerrymandering and money in politics... from the bottom up. What are your solutions?
    Then maybe this needs to be an holistic mobilization combating corruption on top and bottom levels. On the top, we have just over four years to make change. On the bottom, could efforts to have Congress represent the people again not start immediately?
    We know that the repubs will never support getting rid of gerrymandering. Their ranks keep diminishing so that is their only hope in some cases.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    CM189191 said:

pjhawks said:

Free said:

These videos can be made by either side, but this one was pretty amazing
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,415
    brianlux said:

pjhawks said:

brianlux said:

There are people who don't believe there is such a thing as voter fraud and voter suppression? I didn't know that?

Another question: Bernie supporters are sore losers? All of us or just those of us with geek stink breath?

not all, just those who think, because he lost because of fraud or voter suppression. i mean his thread still gets hits here and he lost.
    But that's not what you said- you made a generalization about Bernie supporters. Not everyone is a sore loser. And just because Bernie lost, I wouldn't assume what he brought to the U.S. political arena is irrelevant.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syV2LkGpQB0
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    brianlux said:

Yes, Brian. We have to go through this again of explaining exactly what happened with Bernie and all the bullshit cheating that went with it.
    CM189191 said:

pjhawks said:

Free said:

Citing Sam Bee? Who's an unabashad Hillary supporter? Not credible at all. I didn't even watch it. Because I've watched her terrible show plenty, because I liked her on Jon Stewart.
    edited October 2016
    benjs said:

Free said:

benjs said:

Free said:

pjhawks said:

Free said:

Great in theory, but not happening, since money, gerrymandering, and the lack of term limits currently rule. That's why Bernie was so awesome and really struck a chord with the People of this country. We do have progressive reps in politics who we have to get elected to swing the table back to the People, but everything is bought and paid for. Thank Hillary for that. She bought and paid Superdelegates. She and DWS repealed Obama's rule to not allow lobbyist money into the pres. elections. Obama tried. Hillary reversed. Who do you support again?
    Post edited by Free on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,870
    edited October 2016
    Free said:

brianlux said:

Yes, Brian. We have to go through this again of explaining exactly what happened with Bernie and all the bullshit cheating that went with it.
    But Brian, it's not a matter of not believing in voter fraud. It's a matter of acknowledging that it isn't a relevant problem given the numbers. I think there is plenty of evidence supporting that view.
    Voter suppression is a whole other story, and I absolutely believe that is a problem.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,398

CM189191 said:

pjhawks said:

Free said:

These videos can be made by either side, but this one was pretty amazing
    Hilarious
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    Free said:

CM189191 said:

pjhawks said:

Free said:

Citing Sam Bee? Who's an unabashad Hillary supporter? Not credible at all. I didn't even watch it. Because I've watched her terrible show plenty, because I liked her on Jon Stewart.
    Parody is not meant to be credible. Well, at least it isn't usually meant to be...
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    tonifig8 said:
    And he's no better for admitting he idolizes Adolf Cheney.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    I would be completely against the plug in. If you don't like what people say, go somewhere else. No safe spaces.
    I concur.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    That WSJ article is for subscribers only. Could you copy and paste the text?
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    edited October 2016
    unsung said:
    This is impossible. Powerful people couldn't possibly do wrong. Especially Hillary R. Clinton.

Hmmmn, worked when I read it the first time, now I'm blocked too.
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    edited October 2016
    benjs said:

THIS

There is one person I would ignore. That one person does drive me away from this forum. I check back in to read and the person is still rude and obnoxious, so I leave again for awhile. Unfortunately that one person's contributions pretty much drive the discussion because everyone chooses to reacts, and that just renders participating in this thread a complete waste of time for me, imo. 175 pages, and everyone is still stuck at "rigged," "polls," and "Bernie."

Speaking of which, did anyone watch last night's episode of "Blackish"? The theme there was basically centered around the same conflict expressed in this thread -- but way more comedic and smartly written -- and the show ended with Michele Obama's convention speech clip about the high stakes in this election. It was a powerful episode. It ended with the show's version of two Bernie Bros walking off saying to each other "Damn, I can't believe you weren't going to vote" with the implication that they are off to vote for Clinton.

Quite honestly, I don't give a damn if people vote out of fear, passion, hope, self interest, ignorance, spite, blind-folded, whatever. The only thing that matters to me is that Clinton wins this election. The stakes are way too high.
    Post edited by what dreams on
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    unsung said:

Hmmmn, worked when I read it the first time, now I'm blocked too.
    Clear your cookies.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    edited October 2016
    Governor Scott in Florida has said that he will not allow the registration deadline to be extended beyond the normal date of next Tuesday.
    What's your take on it? Is it a form of voter suppression since it's believed that last many of the later registrations are normally younger voters who vote Democratic?
    I don't know if I really have an opinion on it. When the storm passes in a couple of days, there's still time to register by Tuesday. Then again, this is an act of God type scenario that can be given some wiggle room.
    Post edited by ledvedderman on

Governor Scott in Florida has said that he will not allow the registration deadline to be extended beyond the normal date of next Tuesday.
    What's your take on it? Is it a form of voter suppression since it's believed that last many of the later registrations are normally younger voters who vote Democratic?
    I don't know if I really have an opinion on it. When the storm passes in a couple of days, there's still time to register by Tuesday. Then again, this is an act of God type scenario that can be given some wiggle room.

I don't know if there is some short timeline between the end of registration and getting the rolls together. There is a chance that many parts of FL won't have power between now and Tuesday, so it seems unfair. I don't know if I'd call it 'suppression' because that is a very strong word. But it would be shitty, at the least.
    edited October 2016
    More BS
    "But agents say Comey tied investigators’ hands by agreeing to unheard-of ground rules and other demands by the lawyers for Clinton and her aides that limited their investigation".
    http://nypost.com/2016/10/06/fbi-agents-are-ready-to-revolt-over-the-cozy-clinton-probe/
    edited October 2016
    tonifig8 said:

More BS

"But agents say Comey tied investigators’ hands by agreeing to unheard-of ground rules and other demands by the lawyers for Clinton and her aides that limited their investigation".
    http://nypost.com/2016/10/06/fbi-agents-are-ready-to-revolt-over-the-cozy-clinton-probe/

Really? Which agents? Only off the record agents that the NY Post opinion writer talked to? Was Sean Hannity also at the meeting? Can we call him for verification?

It's amazing that when we have issues like Syria, Russia, Choice, Obamacare, the Iran deal, gay rights and more, that you are so focused on this issue....still, and to the point of linking to a rag like the NY Post and this super douche. Read some of his other articles. For some reason I thought you were a progressive, but you are doing your best to ensure that the most progressive candidate loses to the most regressive candidate.
    edited October 2016
    mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

More BS

Really? Which agents? Only off the record agents that the NY Post opinion writer talked to? Was Sean Hannity also at the meeting? Can we call him for verification?

It's amazing that when we have issues like Syria, Russia, Choice, Obamacare, the Iran deal, gay rights and more, that you are so focused on this issue....still, and to the point of linking to a rag like the NY Post and this super douche. Read some of his other articles. For some reason I thought you were a progressive, but you are doing your best to ensure that the most progressive candidate loses to the most regressive candidate.

hmmmmm ... I thought it was an interesting read. Gives me some more perspective. I never hear any of this stuff on CNN or MSNBC, so this definitely gives me a broader look at this highly complicated subject. I don't know who the writer is, and sure, I was wondering who those FBI agents were, but then again this is way above my league so I'll take it at face value. Zero harm in that, right? I can't just read things I generally agree with. That just adds to my ego.

It's funny, I also thought you were a progressive!! I guess progressive isn't as easily defined. I'm putting country first, Russ. I strongly feel that we as a nation are at some kind of tipping point. We have an opportunity here to defeat/expose the corruption within our democracy. Millions of Americans don't care about any of this nonsense- they're overworked and focused on their respective life's, which means it is almost impossible to challenge our govt. because who the hell has time for a revolution or change, right? Place a taco truck on my corner and tell me who to vote for. That works for me and should generate loads of votes to keep this black/white system/cycle operating.

We have issues man. Tons of them, without a doubt, but before we can go back to playing politics and the same old same old - we need to finish this fight verse the establishment and see how far we can take it. We have until Nov. 8th to push the limits and to hopefully cause the two top candidates at the top of the ticket to step down. Wishful thinking? Oh hell yeah, but that doesn't mean we give up. We're going to cause some serious damage and make some serious noise before accepting the same old shit. The future of our daughters depend on it man. Well at least that's how I see.

You said you were against shadow blocking, maybe you should reconsider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6B8Hnt-W2Y
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
This discussion has been closed.