mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

Donald Trump doesn't figure into my process, I do not support him. Besides wouldn't it be preaching to the choir?

I will however continue to point out the character flaws on the Democratic nom.

Sure, makes sense. Only Hillary figures into your calculations. You must be too embarrassed to admit you support Trump because you know he is indefensible. At least GF, PJFAN and the others can are open and honest about it.
    Do you always call people liars or just those on the internet that you don't have to face?
    I didn't call you a liar. That must be your subconscious telling you that. The implication is something different. And I'd be happy to tell you anything to your face too. No problem on that.
    I bet.
    Richmond VA. Are you close?
    No.

What are you implying?
    That we meet and talk about it. I don't mind being upfront. I thought I made that clear. You think I'm unstable? That's pretty funny. I'll rescind my offer then. I don't want you to be frightened.
    The offer is always there for anyone else.
    You don't frighten me. The entire message seems odd to me.
    you initiated the challenge. now the response taking you up on it makes him unstable? just makes you bad at playing chicken.
    Challenge of asking if he calls people liars in person? That's what you consider a challenge? That's odd too.
    it's called an implication. only thing odd here is many if not most of your posts.
    They are only odd to those that believe people can't live their lives without a nanny.
    Which appears to be most of society...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,569
    lukin2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

rgambs said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

Bill uses women. Women get upset. Hillary gets on board to tear apart the women's lives because Bill and Hillary have a political partnership and not a marriage. If you still want to feel sorry for Hillary you can't ignore that she stayed with a predator who uses women and ruins their lives for political reasons when done with them. Great judge of character she is. #willdoanythingtoberichandpresident

And Hillary uses Bill. She would never leave him because it would sabotage her status and political ambitions. I don't imagine they're all that close... but maybe that all works for them. Neither are great roll models.
    Shouldn't a person who aspire's to be the president of the us be a roll model?

You might have to go back a ways in history to find a president that is a roll model...

Isn't Obama a role model??
    How are war mongers, roll models? And yes he's carried on your tradition of meddling and war mongering in the Middle East. How's that working out?
    Role, not roll... It can bee difficult two understand a sentence when won uses the wrong word rather then the write won.
    I apologize for my spelling error, please forgive me, and don't ban me...

Spelling. bah! No big deal. Role with it! :wink:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    lukin2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

rgambs said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

Bill uses women. Women get upset. Hillary gets on board to tear apart the women's lives because Bill and Hillary have a political partnership and not a marriage. If you still want to feel sorry for Hillary you can't ignore that she stayed with a predator who uses women and ruins their lives for political reasons when done with them. Great judge of character she is. #willdoanythingtoberichandpresident

And Hillary uses Bill. She would never leave him because it would sabotage her status and political ambitions. I don't imagine they're all that close... but maybe that all works for them. Neither are great roll models.

You might have to go back a ways in history to find a president that is a roll model...

How are war mongers, roll models? And yes he's carried on your tradition of meddling and war mongering in the Middle East. How's that working out?
    Role, not roll... It can bee difficult two understand a sentence when won uses the wrong word rather then the write won.

Geez, don't be a victim about it.
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

Donald Trump doesn't figure into my process, I do not support him. Besides wouldn't it be preaching to the choir?

Sure, makes sense. Only Hillary figures into your calculations. You must be too embarrassed to admit you support Trump because you know he is indefensible. At least GF, PJFAN and the others can are open and honest about it.
    Do you always call people liars or just those on the internet that you don't have to face?
    I didn't call you a liar. That must be your subconscious telling you that. The implication is something different. And I'd be happy to tell you anything to your face too. No problem on that.
    I bet.
    No.

What are you implying?
    That we meet and talk about it. I don't mind being upfront. I thought I made that clear. You think I'm unstable? That's pretty funny. I'll rescind my offer then. I don't want you to be frightened.
    you initiated the challenge. now the response taking you up on it makes him unstable? just makes you bad at playing chicken.
    Challenge of asking if he calls people liars in person? That's what you consider a challenge? That's odd too.
    it's called an implication. only thing odd here is many if not most of your posts.
    They are only odd to those that believe people can't live their lives without a nanny.
    Yet another non-sequitur statement.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

I bet.
    No.

What are you implying?
    Gets told his posts are odd, replies with an odd post.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

rgambs said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

rgambs said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

I'm not it's called sarcasm. Anyways I know (if I used "know" correctly) that usually when the subject is uncomfortable usually people ignore or change the topic. Sometimes honest mistakes happen, or sometimes grammar and spelling mistakes just happen because people are not great at it....either way the grammar and spelling police.

I'm open to discussing my original post.

But it's pretty hard to deny that whether you elect a republican or democrat they continue their destructive Middle East policies, which include drone strikes and war planes, and likely ground troops at some point...

I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

lukin2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

rgambs said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

rgambs said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

I'm not it's called sarcasm. Anyways I know (if I used "know" correctly) that usually when the subject is uncomfortable usually people ignore or change the topic. Sometimes honest mistakes happen, or sometimes grammar and spelling mistakes just happen because people are not great at it....either way the grammar and spelling police.

But it's pretty hard to deny that whether you elect a republican or democrat they continue their destructive Middle East policies, which include drone strikes and war planes, and likely ground troops at some point...

You're right, it is sarcasm and it cuts both ways. And no one is trying to change the subject, you just made the same mistake twice in a row.

No one is denying that the incursion in the middle east will continue with either D or R candidate. It may even continue with Johnson for all we know. The problem with Johnson is that he knows so little about foreign policy, how can he actually have a coherent vision? If his vision is "I stay out of any foreign entanglement" then that is just straight up naive. Even Wilson, who ran on "He kept us out of the war" eventually lost a 100k troops in the fields of Europe. Having a paleo-conservative foreign policy platform is fine, so long as the candidate actually gave it some thought. There's no indication that Johnson has ever given it any thought whatsoever.
    No one should be surprised that Johnson is dense on foreign policy. If you think something isn't part of your job, why bother learning about it?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,870

No one should be surprised that Johnson is dense on foreign policy. If you think something isn't part of your job, why bother learning about it?

If he thinks that isn't part of his job as a Presidential candidate, let alone as a President, even as a Libertarian, then he's a total moron.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    lukin2006 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

I bet.
    No.

What are you implying?
    Unfortunately. Clearly many on this forum judging that the reply was too much for them.
    edited October 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

If he thinks that isn't part of his job as a Presidential candidate, let alone as a President, even as a Libertarian, then he's a total moron.
    Not necessarily...especially if elected and planned on taking the US foreign policy in a different, non war mongering, we don't meddle in sovereign state affairs, then I would think foreign policy knowledge is irrelevant.

But this is why I doubt someone like him would ever be elected POTUS.

Most American like the power and influence that their country represents...

And most Americans enjoy their countries bully status...

The election results indicate this...

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,870
    lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Not necessarily...especially if elected and planned on taking the US foreign policy in different, non war mongering, we don't meddle in sovereign state affairs, then I would think foreign policy knowledge is irrelevant.

I feel like you're just being a contrarian today, but okay... How do you think Johnson would magically withdraw America from foreign relations without knowing anything about it? What, he just says "We're out!", and that's the end of it???
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    unsung said:

lukin2006 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

I bet.
    No.

What are you implying?
    Unfortunately. Clearly many on this forum judging that the reply was too much for them.
    The reply wasn't too much, it's just off task. If you want a nanny discussion, start another thread.
    mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

rgambs said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

rgambs said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

You're right, it is sarcasm and it cuts both ways. And no one is trying to change the subject, you just made the same mistake twice in a row.

No one is denying that the incursion in the middle east will continue with either D or R candidate. It may even continue with Johnson for all we know. The problem with Johnson is that he knows so little about foreign policy, how can he actually have a coherent vision? If his vision is "I stay out of any foreign entanglement" then that is just straight up naive. Even Wilson, who ran on "He kept us out of the war" eventually lost a 100k troops in the fields of Europe. Having a paleo-conservative foreign policy platform is fine, so long as the candidate actually gave it some thought. There's no indication that Johnson has ever given it any thought whatsoever.
    I honestly don't care if I made the mistake three times. He's not getting elected.

And I agree, he probably won't take US foreign policy in different direction...

No one will.

• pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    PJ_Soul said:

the fact that 8% of the population support this guy is even more stunning and makes me wonder how they would be compared to the average Trump voter

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

the fact that 8% of the population support this guy is even more stunning and makes me wonder how they would be compared to the average Trump voter

I think they are Republicans with a little bit of a conscious. as a Bernie supporter myself, I can't see Bernie supporters voting for this guy despite what the media say.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,477
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

I bet.
    No.

What are you implying?
    that doesn't even make a lick of sense.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

I bet.
    No.

What are you implying?
    It makes perfect sense if you understand where unsung is coming from. He doesn't believe the current political system suits his needs,or at least that's how I understand it. And as Canadians we might not agree? if I was an American and was a taxpayer where some of my federal tax $$$ are used to support military aggression in places througout the world to support a foreign policy agenda that has proven a huge failure makes perfect sense to me...

• FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited October 2016
    mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

rgambs said:

lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

Speaking of spelling errors... This sentence is full of them.
    Post edited by Free on
    lukin2006 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

I bet.
    No.

What are you implying?
    It makes perfect sense if you understand where unsung is coming from. He doesn't believe the current political system suits his needs,or at least that's how I understand it. And as Canadians we might not agree? if I was an American and was a taxpayer where some of my federal tax $$$ are used to support military aggression in places througout the world to support a foreign policy agenda that has proven a huge failure makes perfect sense to me...
    I know where he is coming from. we all do. but the comment made zero sense in the context of responding to my comment.

I don't disagree with his zero-government stance as a Canadian, I disagree with it as a realist.

www.headstonesband.com

lukin2006 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

I bet.
    No.

What are you implying?
    The statement is a non-sequitur. That's the problem. The conclusion does not follow the premise. In fact, it's totally disconnected.
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Not necessarily...especially if elected and planned on taking the US foreign policy in different, non war mongering, we don't meddle in sovereign state affairs, then I would think foreign policy knowledge is irrelevant.

I feel like you're just being a contrarian today, but okay... How do you think Johnson would magically withdraw America from foreign relations without knowing anything about it? What, he just says "We're out!", and that's the end of it???
    I don't think he would. I don't think any POTUS would.

What do you think would happen if the Middle East ran out of oil tomorrow?

And that question, you and I will never know the answer to, we can just guess and assume...

I think you can guess my opinion of what I think would happen.

"Not necessarily...especially if elected and planned on taking the US foreign policy in different, non war mongering, we don't meddle in sovereign state affairs, then I would think foreign policy knowledge is irrelevant."

you can't honestly believe that just not meddling in global issues means that foreign knowledge becomes irrelevant, can you?

www.headstonesband.com

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

I bet.
    No.

What are you implying?
    The statement is a non-sequitur. That's the problem. The conclusion does not follow the premise. In fact, it's totally disconnected.
    After I posted it, I realized I should have left well enough alone.

I was generalizing where I see unsung is coming from in general.

• rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    Somebody heard a new word a few weeks ago and can't get it outta his head and has to use it on a daily basis.
    do a word search for non-sequitur in this forum. lmao
  • rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/clinton-assange-wikileaks-drone/2016/10/04/id/751517/

Why cant we just murk this kid?
    Spoken like a true capo di tutti capi
    rssesq said:

Somebody heard a new word a few weeks ago and can't get it outta his head and has to use it on a daily basis.

alright, mrussell1, from now on, you must write this in its entirety:

: an inference that does not follow from the premises; specifically : a fallacy resulting from a simple conversion of a universal affirmative proposition or from the transposition of a condition and its consequent
    : a statement (as a response) that does not follow logically from or is not clearly related to anything previously said

www.headstonesband.com

rssesq said:

It's the proper term. I didn't just learn it. I can't help it if the arguments fall into the very definition so easily. Perhaps constructing a proper argument would resolve that.
    rssesq said:

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/clinton-assange-wikileaks-drone/2016/10/04/id/751517/

Why cant we just murk this kid?
    Spoken like a true capo di tutti capi

http://www.snopes.com/julian-assange-drone-strike/

It's really a sad day when people claiming to be progressives are getting their information from Newsmax.
    lukin2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

I bet.
    No.

What are you implying?
    After I posted it, I realized I should have left well enough alone.

I was generalizing where I see unsung is coming from in general.
    Fair enough.
This discussion has been closed.