Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• unsungunsung Posts: 9,487

How she feels about Bernie voters, huh? That name should ring a bell, I think. Oh. The guy that lost? Yeah. Bernie lost. If you really believe in him and what he stands for- you'd get over it and follow him in who he is voting for.

Read: You'd sell out like your guy did and understand your place in The game.

Unsung is the most cynical person I've ever encountered. If someone isn't Ron Paul in civic service, they're bought and bribed already.
    I've been in civic service for 12 years now and I can honestly say the majority of both parties are very respectful citizens.

I prefer principled.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    unsung said:

Unsung is the most cynical person I've ever encountered. If someone isn't Ron Paul in civic service, they're bought and bribed already.
    I've been in civic service for 12 years now and I can honestly say the majority of both parties are very respectful citizens.

I prefer principled.
    Still waiting for you to name all the societies and civilizations that existed without governments....
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:

unsung said:

I prefer principled.
    Still waiting for you to name all the societies and civilizations that existed without governments....
    That's funny. Societies wouldn't exist without government. The human race would become extinct.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

I prefer principled.
    That's funny. Societies wouldn't exist without government. The human race would become extinct.
    No human society exists without some sort of government, though the forms vary markedly. Socities don't exist without government; it's integral to what a society is. That doesn't mean that a lack of government would automatically lead to extinction, though it certainly could; it just means that humans would remain in small, probably family-based groups only.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    BS44325 said:

Free said:

How does she feel about Sanders supporters?

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-supporters-audio-leak-228997

Clinton gives her take on Sanders supporters in leaked fundraising recording

I for one find this kind of talk refreshing. If she would speak like this about the left more often she could actually convince people like me to support her.
    You might support her if she put down and labeled more groups of voters? Or because she sounds like she's being honest because she thought no one could hear her?
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-supporters-audio-leak-228997

I for one find this kind of talk refreshing. If she would speak like this about the left more often she could actually convince people like me to support her.
    You might support her if she put down and labeled more groups of voters? Or because she sounds like she's being honest because she thought no one could hear her?
    Because her summation of the left flank of the democratic base is correct. Someone needs to tell those kids in the basement to wake up.
    edited October 2016
    BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

Because her summation of the left flank of the democratic base is correct. Someone needs to tell those kids in the basement to wake up.
    BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

So you think generalizing an entire and large group of voters can be labeled "kids living in their parents basements". Here's some news for you. There are more baby boomers, Independents, and Generation Xers in that group than you can imagine. She has it all wrong, but you can keep believing what she says.
    Post edited by Free on
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

I guess you didn't know that the largest generation represented in the workforce is...you got it, millennials!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

So you think generalizing an entire and large group of voters can be labeled "kids living in their parents basements". Here's some news for you. There are more baby boomers, Independents, and Generation Xers in that group than you can imagine. She has it all wrong, but you can keep believing what she says.
    I am not saying that it is politically smart but is nice to hear a democratic candidate tell their base that there is no such thing as a free lunch. You can't just have free education or free healthcare. Everything comes at a cost and millenials need to know that. Bernie was only selling a bunch of nonsense and it's refreshing to hear a grown up in the democratic party to say it.
    BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

I am not saying that it is politically smart but is nice to hear a democratic candidate tell their base that there is no such thing as a free lunch. You can't just have free education or free healthcare. Everything comes at a cost and millenials need to know that. Bernie was only selling a bunch of nonsense and it's refreshing to hear a grown up in the democratic party to say it.
    BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

You have it all wrong. It doesn't matter. You'll choose to believe fairy tales because you choose to, and then say it's accurate. Whatev.
    Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

You have it all wrong. It doesn't matter. You'll choose to believe fairy tales because you choose to, and then say it's accurate. Whatev.
    "Whatev"...I had more faith in you then that Free.
    BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

"Whatev"...I had more faith in you then that Free.
    Hey, people are free to believe whatever they want.
    mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

LOL, the Somalia statement.

Your system ceases to exist if it were to be voluntary.

Government: Ideas so great they'll force you to pay for them.

what country currently operates under the economic system that you prefer?
    Ruby Ridge...
    Explain.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    unsung said:

unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

You don't really get forced to pay. You can elect to not make anything and they'll pay you. Winning!
    But they'll have their armed goon squads come and kidnap you first and throw you in a cage.

Again, ideas so good you are forced to participate.
    Didn't answer the question asked of you, as usual. Another arrogant deflection.
    Yawn.

Your candidate went from being flat broke when they moved out of the White House to be worth north of $250,000,000. How does someone who has a lifetime of "public service" gain so much wealth in such a short amount or time when their max "public service" salary was $400,000 a year?

I won't hold my breath waiting for an answer.
    She did that by billing what the market would pay. Seems like you'd be in to that.
    Pay/bribed. Tomato/to(mah)to.
    unsung said:

unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

You don't really get forced to pay. You can elect to not make anything and they'll pay you. Winning!
    But they'll have their armed goon squads come and kidnap you first and throw you in a cage.

Again, ideas so good you are forced to participate.
    Didn't answer the question asked of you, as usual. Another arrogant deflection.
    Yawn.

Your candidate went from being flat broke when they moved out of the White House to be worth north of $250,000,000. How does someone who has a lifetime of "public service" gain so much wealth in such a short amount or time when their max "public service" salary was $400,000 a year?

I won't hold my breath waiting for an answer.
    She did that by billing what the market would pay. Seems like you'd be in to that.
    Pay/bribed. Tomato/to(mah)to.
    Last I checked EVERY politician, no matter who they are or what they claim to represent, happily take money from "questionable" sources.

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM DO IT
    So that makes it ok?
    That's why Bernie was fantastic. He was all about getting money out of politics.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    And how'd that work out for him.

Here's something I don't get, people praise Bernie for always staying true to his ideas, but this is a guy who considers himself a Democratic Socialist. He only comes around as a Democrat when he wants the backing that the party can give him. So he's selling out all he stands for so he can get democratic money and resources.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,569

Here's something I don't get, people praise Bernie for always staying true to his ideas, but this is a guy who considers himself a Democratic Socialist. He only comes around as a Democrat when he wants the backing that the party can give him. So he's selling out all he stands for so he can get democratic money and resources.

Bernie ran as a Democrat because he believed that was the only possible why he might get elected and be able to put his ideas into practice, not to "get democratic money and resources". I'm sorry, but that notion is ridiculous and only shows that you really haven't followed what Sanders has been doing. It's OK with me if you want to throw out a notion like that but those noodles are not sticking to the fridge.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

We've only been talking about that and explaining it for about a year now. (Thanks, Brian) Apparently, the answer I gave to you when you said that ALL politicians accept money from questionable sources was not good enough? But it is true. Sanders did not only NOT take money but it was part of his platform to get money out of politics. If you dislike him, fine, but don't state untrue things when you don't know jack about his campaign. (It's obvious) Just saying. Obama got lobbyist money out of DNC campaigning, but DWS w/ Clinton repealed it.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    There are good people in politics. Absolutely. I've met and worked with many over the years. And these are mostly people from Illinois...aka the most corrupt state in the union.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    Hillary kills Stein when it comes to environment, that comes as a welcome surprise to me. And no surprise at the score Trump gets.

Grading the Presidential Candidates on Science
    Scientific American evaluates responses from Clinton, Trump, Johnson and Stein to 20 questions

TOTALS

Clinton: 64
    Trump: 7
    Johnson: 30
    Stein: 44

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/grading-the-presidential-candidates-on-science/?wt.mc=SA_Twitter-Share
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    dignin said:

Hillary kills Stein when it comes to environment, that comes as a welcome surprise to me. And no surprise at the score Trump gets.

Scientific American evaluates responses from Clinton, Trump, Johnson and Stein to 20 questions

TOTALS

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/grading-the-presidential-candidates-on-science/?wt.mc=SA_Twitter-Share

And this sums up why we can't trust Johnson on the environment: "Johnson accepts that "climate change is occurring, and that human activity is contributing to it, including through greenhouse gases." But he plans to rely on the "marketplace" to "facilitate the free exchange of new, efficient, carbon-friendly processes and technologies."
    dignin said:

TOTALS

I would only take this into consideration if I could see the same kind of grading done by the following organizations and compiled to create an average score. If this were done, I can almost guarantee you would see quite different results. One organization alone, especially a for-profit magazine is probably not your best resource for making such comparisons.

Natural Resources Defense Council
    Wildlands Network
    Sea Shepherd Conservation Societ
    Nature Conservancy
    Union of Concerned Scientists
    Greenpeace
    Environmental Defense
    Defenders of Wildlife
    Ocean Futures Society
    Earthjustice

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:

dignin said:

TOTALS

I would only take this into consideration if I could see the same kind of grading done by the following organizations and compiled to create an average score. If this were done, I can almost guarantee you would see quite different results. One organization alone, especially a for-profit magazine is probably not your best resource for making such comparisons.

Wildlands Network
    Nature Conservancy
    Greenpeace
    Environmental Defense
    Defenders of Wildlife
    Ocean Futures Society
    Earthjustice

Then lobby these orgs to do that. Seems silly to disregard the one org that did it.
    mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

dignin said:

TOTALS

Wildlands Network
    Nature Conservancy
    Greenpeace
    Environmental Defense
    Defenders of Wildlife
    Ocean Futures Society
    Earthjustice

Then lobby these orgs to do that. Seems silly to disregard the one org that did it.
    Not silly at all. Considering this one source only- particularly this kind of source- can only lead to false conclusions. The organizations I listed specifically deal with environment, which is what the grading is supposed to be based on, whereas Scientific American is more focused on science and technology.

How familiar are you with the organizations I listed?

• dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    brianlux said:

dignin said:

TOTALS

Wildlands Network
    Nature Conservancy
    Greenpeace
    Environmental Defense
    Defenders of Wildlife
    Ocean Futures Society
    Earthjustice

Scientific American is no lightweight Brian. I think it is a very good resource. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it.

Scientific American (informally abbreviated SciAm) is an American popular science magazine. Many famous scientists, including Albert Einstein, have contributed articles in the past 170 years. It is the oldest continuously published monthly magazine in the United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_American
    edited October 2016
    dignin said:

brianlux said:

dignin said:

TOTALS

Wildlands Network
    Nature Conservancy
    Greenpeace
    Environmental Defense
    Defenders of Wildlife
    Ocean Futures Society
    Earthjustice

Scientific American is no lightweight Brian. I think it is a very good resource. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it.

Scientific American (informally abbreviated SciAm) is an American popular science magazine. Many famous scientists, including Albert Einstein, have contributed articles in the past 170 years. It is the oldest continuously published monthly magazine in the United States.

I'm not dismissing S.A. What I am saying is this grading alone is not a great way to assess the environmental aspects of the candidates. I mean really, HRC 64, Stein 44? No way. Just to start with, Clinton supports fracking. I could go on but, please, use some common sense. Do some research about what the two actually say about environmental issues.
    Post edited by brianlux on

brianlux said:

dignin said:

brianlux said:

dignin said:

TOTALS

Wildlands Network
    Nature Conservancy
    Greenpeace
    Environmental Defense
    Defenders of Wildlife
    Ocean Futures Society
    Earthjustice

I'm not dismissing S.A. What I am saying is this grading alone is not a great way to assess the environmental aspects of the candidates. I mean really, HRC 64, Stein 44? No way.
    Well they are taking and grading public statements. Perhaps the grading is influenced by Clinton having more fully fleshed answers. Perhaps it's the same situation as we discussed in Bernie and poverty. His supporters may rightfully believe he would do more, but he never really laid out a plan. Maybe that's the case with Stein.

There are good people in politics. Absolutely. I've met and worked with many over the years. And these are mostly people from Illinois...aka the most corrupt state in the union.

LOL, I'm looking at moving to Indiana right now.
This discussion has been closed.