mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

OnWis97 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

It's pretty telling when people are drilling holes in their new iPhones for headphone jacks based on a video they saw on social media, lol

Oh man, lol. When I saw that story I actually looked it up on Snopes to see if it was true that people were really falling for it. I thought maybe the claim that anyone was actually doing it was fake ..... and found that Snopes only bothered to confirm that getting a headphone jack by drilling a hole in your iPhone was false. SMH.
    (Stupidest thing Apple ever did btw)
    I am not following...what did Apple do here?
    They removed the headphone jack. So you have to use blu tooth headphones or use the adapter that plugs into the charge port. So I suppose you can't charge and listen to your headphones at the same time unless they are wireless.
    This was a business move- Now apple users have to adapt to this product. As someone who uses Apple products, do I like it? Nope. But they are now locking us into this new product. And anyone else who attempts to make new headphones will have to spend money in changing their designs.
    I'm getting tired of Apple's business moves. when I bought my new ipod touch, I brought it home, "ah fuck, the input is different, now I have to spend $30 on an adapter so I can connect to my dock".

that company sucks.

this whole wireless headphone shit is just a money grab. people are going to lose one ear piece constantly and have to buy a whole new pair.

anyway, back to drumpf.
    Haha... They can't keep the same layout forever man. They have to change things up to keep everyone on their toes. Remember Google came out with that shitty phone a few years ago? They were probably the worst phones ever created in the modern era. Haha... Benjs posted a solid message, with the exception of "Hillary for prez".

My vote goes to neither Trump or Clinton, so I can't end my post with a cool cheer like the rest of you.

America takes one step back, maybe two.
    Money making tactics. That's it. I work in a high tech office, and we are allowed to choose Apple products or Windows product, depending on our personal preferences. I can't tell you how much more money we've spent on buying fucking adpaters and all kinds of special software to get the Apple products to work with our other systems and do what we need to do. It's totally ridiculous. (Of course some work is better for Macs, particularly the design stuff and audio editing. But for the most part... I'm surprised people put up with it).

So how exactly would a president increase the practice of corporate profit sharing, as Hillary suggested she'd do?
    Mac users are so annoying in a corp environment. I had two marketing people that just....could....not....do their job without a mac. So we bought them macs, and Final Cut (no better than Sony Vegas) and all sorts of other software and they were still bad at their job. They're gone now and we have a bunch of mac crap.

A POTUS couldn't do anything individually but I guess in concept you could provide tax incentives that make it worthwhile to do profit sharing. In turn, you would see a reduction in attrition which is always great. When I worked for a large corporation, we would get stock grants that would vest like 10% in year 1, 25% in year 2 and 50% in year 5. So you really had to think hard about leaving because you were always going to leave multiple years of the grants on the table. It's actually really good business I think.

Edit - yes I know my math doesn't work, but you get the picture. It was back loaded.
    Golden handcuffs. It is definitely a good business practice for employee retention.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,709
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

OnWis97 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

It's pretty telling when people are drilling holes in their new iPhones for headphone jacks based on a video they saw on social media, lol

Oh man, lol. When I saw that story I actually looked it up on Snopes to see if it was true that people were really falling for it. I thought maybe the claim that anyone was actually doing it was fake ..... and found that Snopes only bothered to confirm that getting a headphone jack by drilling a hole in your iPhone was false. SMH.
    They removed the headphone jack. So you have to use blu tooth headphones or use the adapter that plugs into the charge port. So I suppose you can't charge and listen to your headphones at the same time unless they are wireless.
    This was a business move- Now apple users have to adapt to this product. As someone who uses Apple products, do I like it? Nope. But they are now locking us into this new product. And anyone else who attempts to make new headphones will have to spend money in changing their designs.
    Definitely a business move. It means they can make the product slimmer which means they can release a new I7, which means new revenue, plus the wireless headphones. I hate Apple myself. I don't use their phone, hate Itunes, hate lossy music, hate being locked into a specific user experience. And I think they've developed lame ass products since Jobs died.
    ouch! I agree with you, but still love my iphone and its operating system above all other phones I've used. I was originally a blackberry guy up until a few years ago.

On a side note, since you mentioned music ... a few days back you made a comment about going to see Mumford and Sons (i'm pretty sure it was you). I saw them a week or so ago, which was my 3rd time watching them. What was your take on them? I thought they put on a pretty good show and I think they sound pretty darn good live, which a lot of bands tend to not sound good live.

back to hillary
    One thing that Hillary and I agree on is that we think Mumford was pretty good in concert, but not great. Now this was a few years ago, on the Babel tour. I did not like Wilder very much. I thought Sigh No More was great, because it was so different when it hit. I was wondering what their next move would be musically and I think it's just okay. We'll see what the future brings. But I can say for sure that Hillary will not ban Mumford from future ACL concerts. Trump might.

Edit - and it was at the Patriot Center (NOVA/ suburban DC) which I don't think is a very good venue acoustically.
    I am generally not for bans of any kind but if Trump is for a ban of Mumford And Sons then I am for him. They took great music and turned it into Coldplay. In all seriousness though republican leaders usually result in great protest music. Worldwide Suicide is one of my favourite PJ tunes and dare I say that without Bush we wouldn't have it. I'm also a very big fan of Bushleaguer. I look forward to what kind of fantastic music a Trump administration will generate. His candidacy alone already got me a Prophets of Rage show which may have been the best concert I have been to in my life. Hillary will bring us more electric Mumford...bleh.
    Well, in fairness, I appreciated the musical genius brought upon by the Iraq War, as manifested in the classic "Shockin' Ya'll" by Toby Keith.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Government shouldn't get anything, no matter how much the value. It's theft, nothing more.

When are taxes ever considered not theft by you?
    What did government do to deserve a cut of a potential estate tax?
    Protect your ass from foreign invasion?
    Do you think taxes are some new fangled Democratic invention? I'm pretty sure the concept of gov't levying taxes has been around for at least 20 years now.
    LOL. Keep trying for $15/hr, that'll solve it.
    Non-sequitur
    Your entire economic plan revolves around being a leech.
    Leeches don't provide any benefit and every sane and intelligent person recognizes the benefits government provides.
    Your entire economic plan revolves around everybody being an island unto themselves and operating on the honor system.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

OnWis97 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

Definitely a business move. It means they can make the product slimmer which means they can release a new I7, which means new revenue, plus the wireless headphones. I hate Apple myself. I don't use their phone, hate Itunes, hate lossy music, hate being locked into a specific user experience. And I think they've developed lame ass products since Jobs died.
    ouch! I agree with you, but still love my iphone and its operating system above all other phones I've used. I was originally a blackberry guy up until a few years ago.

On a side note, since you mentioned music ... a few days back you made a comment about going to see Mumford and Sons (i'm pretty sure it was you). I saw them a week or so ago, which was my 3rd time watching them. What was your take on them? I thought they put on a pretty good show and I think they sound pretty darn good live, which a lot of bands tend to not sound good live.

back to hillary
    One thing that Hillary and I agree on is that we think Mumford was pretty good in concert, but not great. Now this was a few years ago, on the Babel tour. I did not like Wilder very much. I thought Sigh No More was great, because it was so different when it hit. I was wondering what their next move would be musically and I think it's just okay. We'll see what the future brings. But I can say for sure that Hillary will not ban Mumford from future ACL concerts. Trump might.

Edit - and it was at the Patriot Center (NOVA/ suburban DC) which I don't think is a very good venue acoustically.
    I am generally not for bans of any kind but if Trump is for a ban of Mumford And Sons then I am for him. They took great music and turned it into Coldplay. In all seriousness though republican leaders usually result in great protest music. Worldwide Suicide is one of my favourite PJ tunes and dare I say that without Bush we wouldn't have it. I'm also a very big fan of Bushleaguer. I look forward to what kind of fantastic music a Trump administration will generate. His candidacy alone already got me a Prophets of Rage show which may have been the best concert I have been to in my life. Hillary will bring us more electric Mumford...bleh.
    Hahaha!! On a serious note- I'm sure many of these artist, such as PJ, would give back those songs/profits in a heartbeat if it meant no Bush, and I'm not talking about Bush the band.

Prophets of rage were that good? I've seen some of their performances online, they don't sound all that great, the original music they're covering is great but they don't sound all that good. I saw rage against the machine a few times, now that was one of the best shows I've ever witnessed.

Mumford and sons are having a "No Code"
    Type of moment- where they went off into an unfamiliar relm for many of their fans. Personally I liked "no code" and the transition PJ made. I can't say I like the change with Mumford. They're new stuff sounded pretty good live.

Never Trump! Never Hillary!

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    PJ_Soul said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

OnWis97 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

I'm getting tired of Apple's business moves. when I bought my new ipod touch, I brought it home, "ah fuck, the input is different, now I have to spend $30 on an adapter so I can connect to my dock".

that company sucks.

this whole wireless headphone shit is just a money grab. people are going to lose one ear piece constantly and have to buy a whole new pair.

anyway, back to drumpf.
    Haha... They can't keep the same layout forever man. They have to change things up to keep everyone on their toes. Remember Google came out with that shitty phone a few years ago? They were probably the worst phones ever created in the modern era. Haha... Benjs posted a solid message, with the exception of "Hillary for prez".

My vote goes to neither Trump or Clinton, so I can't end my post with a cool cheer like the rest of you.

Money making tactics. That's it. I work in a high tech office, and we are allowed to choose Apple products or Windows product, depending on our personal preferences. I can't tell you how much more money we've spent on buying fucking adpaters and all kinds of special software to get the Apple products to work with our other systems and do what we need to do. It's totally ridiculous. (Of course some work is better for Macs, particularly the design stuff and audio editing. But for the most part... I'm surprised people put up with it).

So how exactly would a president increase the practice of corporate profit sharing, as Hillary suggested she'd do?
    FYI - Apple's including a Lightning port to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter free of charge in with the iPhone 7. Not sure how that's a money-making tactic.

I'm with PJ_Soul though - I don't understand how Clinton would mandate corporate profit sharing... I just can't see "pretty please" and optional adherence getting businesses to change how they disseminate profits throughout the corporation.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    rgambs said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Government shouldn't get anything, no matter how much the value. It's theft, nothing more.

Do you think taxes are some new fangled Democratic invention? I'm pretty sure the concept of gov't levying taxes has been around for at least 20 years now.
    Non-sequitur
    Leeches don't provide any benefit and every sane and intelligent person recognizes the benefits government provides.
    Your entire economic plan revolves around everybody being an island unto themselves and operating on the honor system.
    Better than theft.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

OnWis97 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

back to hillary

Were we both at the Toronto Prophets of Rage show too!? Seems that's two recent shows we could've met up! Were you in the pit too?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Non-sequitur
    Better than theft.
    North america as we know it was based on theft but now since it you who thinks people are stealing that you have a problem
  • Options
    unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Non-sequitur
    Better than theft.
    Yeah, except that it isn't theft. Again.
  • Options
    Better than theft lol

Yeah, I suppose it might be, if it were tethered to practical considerations of reality, which it isn't lol

I guess you always have the option of moving to Somalia where you are free to keep whatever you earn, provided you can protect it from the roving death squads and rape militias.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    LOL, the Somalia statement.

Your system ceases to exist if it were to be voluntary.

Government: Ideas so great they'll force you to pay for them.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,008
    edited September 2016
    unsung said:

what country currently operates under the economic system that you prefer?

You don't really get forced to pay. You can elect to not make anything and they'll pay you. Winning!
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,680
    edited September 2016
    benjs said:

PJ_Soul said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

OnWis97 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

that company sucks.

anyway, back to drumpf.

Money making tactics. That's it. I work in a high tech office, and we are allowed to choose Apple products or Windows product, depending on our personal preferences. I can't tell you how much more money we've spent on buying fucking adpaters and all kinds of special software to get the Apple products to work with our other systems and do what we need to do. It's totally ridiculous. (Of course some work is better for Macs, particularly the design stuff and audio editing. But for the most part... I'm surprised people put up with it.

FYI - Apple's including a Lightning port to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter free of charge in with the iPhone 7. Not sure how that's a money-making tactic.

I'm with PJ_Soul though - I don't understand how Clinton would mandate corporate profit sharing... I just can't see "pretty please" and optional adherence getting businesses to change how they disseminate profits throughout the corporation.
    Well have a look at all the wireless headphones and speakers that they suddenly have to offer, starting at $250. ;) Not to mention that the difference in proce between the earbuds and the "air pods" are about $185. That's crazy! So Apple is suddenly making the much more each time someone loses or wears out their standard headphones. Their entire plan is based on strongarming the market into reaccessorizing. They love to take advantage of the market like that. They will build their ads to make people believe that they won't be getting the most out of their very expensive phone unless they buy the new shit to go with it. Plus, the adapter is a pain in the ass. It's this block sticking out of the phone. Very inconvenient and awkward, and it gets in the way of just holding the phone properly. It's a good trick to allow the option, but make the option uncomfortable and impractical.

Oh, I wasn't actually making a point about it either way. I was seriously asking because I didn't know. The theory is one I like, but I wasn't sure how she intended to tru and make that happen. mrussel1 answered adequately - thanks! Tax incentives. Not sure how well that will work, but it's a clear cut idea at least.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

unsung said:

Ruby Ridge...
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,008
    mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

Ruby Ridge...
    I still think AynRandistan has a nice ring to it.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

Ruby Ridge...
    I still think AynRandistan has a nice ring to it.
    I believe that is depicted in "The Purge"
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    benjs said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

OnWis97 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

back to hillary

Were we both at the Toronto Prophets of Rage show too!? Seems that's two recent shows we could've met up! Were you in the pit too?
    Yes I was in the pit and it kicked ass. You weren't the guy wearing the PJ I Am Analogue shirt were you?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

OnWis97 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

back to hillary

Yes I was in the pit and it kicked ass. You weren't the guy wearing the PJ I Am Analogue shirt were you?
    I believe I was!!! I was there with a really tall bald guy. So funny. My cousin was the drunk one who threw her bra on stage!

EV
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    tonifig8 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

OnWis97 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

back to hillary

Hahaha!! On a serious note- I'm sure many of these artist, such as PJ, would give back those songs/profits in a heartbeat if it meant no Bush, and I'm not talking about Bush the band.

Prophets of rage were that good? I've seen some of their performances online, they don't sound all that great, the original music they're covering is great but they don't sound all that good. I saw rage against the machine a few times, now that was one of the best shows I've ever witnessed.

Type of moment- where they went off into an unfamiliar relm for many of their fans. Personally I liked "no code" and the transition PJ made. I can't say I like the change with Mumford. They're new stuff sounded pretty good live.

Hang the F on for one gosh darn second! Are you comparing the new Mumford Album to No Code?! Because if you are I will fucking flag you right now!

...and yes Prophets of Rage was insanely good.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Not often but just did, Alicia Machado's, lol. she thick to death son!
    mrussel1 said:

rssesq said:

a heavy set teenage intern for the most powerful man in the world is as close to statutory R as u can get. lmao

She was 22 at the outset. Is that stat to you? Ever watch any porn? Your law degree does not serve you well.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

tonifig8 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

OnWis97 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

back to hillary

Hang the F on for one gosh darn second! Are you comparing the new Mumford Album to No Code?! Because if you are I will fucking flag you right now!

Just in terms of an effort to re-invent themselves, I'd agree about the comparison. And agreed on Prophets of Rage, though I still think I'd take a solo Zack de la Rocha show over it.

EV
  • Options

unsung said:

You don't really get forced to pay. You can elect to not make anything and they'll pay you. Winning!
    But they'll have their armed goon squads come and kidnap you first and throw you in a cage.

Again, ideas so good you are forced to participate.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

tonifig8 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

OnWis97 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

back to hillary

hahaha... no .. I was comparing the release/affect No Code had on many PJ fans, where many of fans were critical of the band because they thought they went away from their original style. Mumford sort of got that treatment from some of its fans.

• Options
    tonifig8 said:

BS44325 said:

tonifig8 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

OnWis97 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

back to hillary

hahaha... no .. I was comparing the release/affect No Code had on many PJ fans, where many of fans were critical of the band because they thought they went away from their original style. Mumford sort of got that treatment from some of its fans.

They did, but do you think Wilder Mind is a good album? I'm really just not a fan. And I liked NC and I like when bands change. I just thought it was trite.
    And so did Hillary.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,706
    edited September 2016
    unsung said:

unsung said:

But they'll have their armed goon squads come and kidnap you first and throw you in a cage.

You've committed to an ideology so strongly that you're essentially the same as a religious fundamentalist. It's blinded you from reality, but present reality and what the reality would be if you beliefs turned real.
  • Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

Didn't answer the question asked of you, as usual. Another arrogant deflection.
  • Options

unsung said:

unsung said:

You've committed to an ideology so strongly that you're essentially the same as a religious fundamentalist. It's blinded you from reality, but present reality and what the reality would be if you beliefs turned real.
    So radical that I want people to keep what they earn.

That's what this country has come to.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

BS44325 said:

tonifig8 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

OnWis97 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

back to hillary

They did, but do you think Wilder Mind is a good album? I'm really just not a fan. And I liked NC and I like when bands change. I just thought it was trite.
    And so did Hillary.
    haha... I agree with you that the album wasn't so great, at least not to my expectations. No Code was completely different, however it made me fall in love with PJ all over again. I think Hillary had issues with No Code, due to poor reviews and a weak single. She later released a statement stating she was still a fan. I'm guessing it was to keep support from those that turned away and those that were still fans. hahaha..

I will say that some of their new songs sounded pretty good live, and I know this will make zero sense, but all their new songs sounded exactly the same. :anguished:
    There was one moment during the concert where Mr. Mumford ran off the stage and into the theater. He literally ran around every section of the theater with his mic. That was pretty cool.
  • Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

So radical that I want people to keep what they earn.

That's what this country has come to.
    What this country has come to...since becoming a country over 200 years ago.
This discussion has been closed.