mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

OnWis97 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

It's pretty telling when people are drilling holes in their new iPhones for headphone jacks based on a video they saw on social media, lol

Oh man, lol. When I saw that story I actually looked it up on Snopes to see if it was true that people were really falling for it. I thought maybe the claim that anyone was actually doing it was fake ..... and found that Snopes only bothered to confirm that getting a headphone jack by drilling a hole in your iPhone was false. SMH.
    (Stupidest thing Apple ever did btw)
    I am not following...what did Apple do here?
    They removed the headphone jack. So you have to use blu tooth headphones or use the adapter that plugs into the charge port. So I suppose you can't charge and listen to your headphones at the same time unless they are wireless.
    This was a business move- Now apple users have to adapt to this product. As someone who uses Apple products, do I like it? Nope. But they are now locking us into this new product. And anyone else who attempts to make new headphones will have to spend money in changing their designs.
    Definitely a business move. It means they can make the product slimmer which means they can release a new I7, which means new revenue, plus the wireless headphones. I hate Apple myself. I don't use their phone, hate Itunes, hate lossy music, hate being locked into a specific user experience. And I think they've developed lame ass products since Jobs died.
    ouch! I agree with you, but still love my iphone and its operating system above all other phones I've used. I was originally a blackberry guy up until a few years ago.

On a side note, since you mentioned music ... a few days back you made a comment about going to see Mumford and Sons (i'm pretty sure it was you). I saw them a week or so ago, which was my 3rd time watching them. What was your take on them? I thought they put on a pretty good show and I think they sound pretty darn good live, which a lot of bands tend to not sound good live.

back to hillary
    One thing that Hillary and I agree on is that we think Mumford was pretty good in concert, but not great. Now this was a few years ago, on the Babel tour. I did not like Wilder very much. I thought Sigh No More was great, because it was so different when it hit. I was wondering what their next move would be musically and I think it's just okay. We'll see what the future brings. But I can say for sure that Hillary will not ban Mumford from future ACL concerts. Trump might.

Edit - and it was at the Patriot Center (NOVA/ suburban DC) which I don't think is a very good venue acoustically.
    I am generally not for bans of any kind but if Trump is for a ban of Mumford And Sons then I am for him. They took great music and turned it into Coldplay. In all seriousness though republican leaders usually result in great protest music. Worldwide Suicide is one of my favourite PJ tunes and dare I say that without Bush we wouldn't have it. I'm also a very big fan of Bushleaguer. I look forward to what kind of fantastic music a Trump administration will generate. His candidacy alone already got me a Prophets of Rage show which may have been the best concert I have been to in my life. Hillary will bring us more electric Mumford...bleh.
    Hahaha!! On a serious note- I'm sure many of these artist, such as PJ, would give back those songs/profits in a heartbeat if it meant no Bush, and I'm not talking about Bush the band.

Prophets of rage were that good? I've seen some of their performances online, they don't sound all that great, the original music they're covering is great but they don't sound all that good. I saw rage against the machine a few times, now that was one of the best shows I've ever witnessed.

Mumford and sons are having a "No Code"
    Type of moment- where they went off into an unfamiliar relm for many of their fans. Personally I liked "no code" and the transition PJ made. I can't say I like the change with Mumford. They're new stuff sounded pretty good live.

Never Trump! Never Hillary!

Hang the F on for one gosh darn second! Are you comparing the new Mumford Album to No Code?! Because if you are I will fucking flag you right now!

...and yes Prophets of Rage was insanely good.
    hahaha... no .. I was comparing the release/affect No Code had on many PJ fans, where many of fans were critical of the band because they thought they went away from their original style. Mumford sort of got that treatment from some of its fans.

They did, but do you think Wilder Mind is a good album? I'm really just not a fan. And I liked NC and I like when bands change. I just thought it was trite.
    And so did Hillary.
    haha... I agree with you that the album wasn't so great, at least not to my expectations. No Code was completely different, however it made me fall in love with PJ all over again. I think Hillary had issues with No Code, due to poor reviews and a weak single. She later released a statement stating she was still a fan. I'm guessing it was to keep support from those that turned away and those that were still fans. hahaha..

I will say that some of their new songs sounded pretty good live, and I know this will make zero sense, but all their new songs sounded exactly the same. :anguished:
    There was one moment during the concert where Mr. Mumford ran off the stage and into the theater. He literally ran around every section of the theater with his mic. That was pretty cool.
    She definitely flip flopped on No Code. One thing that I always forget about the early 90's was my disgust with Tipper Gore. She was the LEADING advocate of musical censorship, mostly because of 2 Live Crew. But I remember hating her and then they compromised with the rating system and I didn't care anymore.
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

LOL, the Somalia statement.

Your system ceases to exist if it were to be voluntary.

Government: Ideas so great they'll force you to pay for them.

what country currently operates under the economic system that you prefer?

You don't really get forced to pay. You can elect to not make anything and they'll pay you. Winning!
    But they'll have their armed goon squads come and kidnap you first and throw you in a cage.

Again, ideas so good you are forced to participate.
    You've committed to an ideology so strongly that you're essentially the same as a religious fundamentalist. It's blinded you from reality, but present reality and what the reality would be if you beliefs turned real.
    So radical that I want people to keep what they earn.

That's what this country has come to.
    What this country has come to...since becoming a country over 200 years ago.
    You should take history or econ 101. Taxes didn't exist anything like today.
    But hey, the current unsustainable policies are going to crash, people will die. But that's ok cause you'll get the criminal in to try to raise them for another one of her wars or a bailout for her bank buddies.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,569
    edited September 2016
    unsung said:

But hey, the current unsustainable policies are going to crash, people will die. But that's ok cause you'll get the criminal in to try to raise them for another one of her wars or a bailout for her bank buddies.

Mostly agree with this, unsung, but to my way of thinking it's a bit cart-before-the-horse. More unsustainable than our policies is our relationship to resources. Neither of the two leading candidates shows any interest in addressing that inconvenient little situation. Policies can be manipulated, adjusted and shored up. Resources come from dying stars and so far, we have no access to any of them*.

Yes, I suppose a little bit of hyperbole there but it's Friday and I'm feeling a bit hyperbolic! So sorry!
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• DWS at a Clinton rally. Bad move, Clinton. If you're trying to win over millennial voters, this is how you don't win over millennial voters.

It didn't get any coverage, but yesterday or the day before yesterday, Chelsea Clinton was at East Carolina University- She was doing a Q&A in an attempt to court some millennials, apparently they're really making efforts to get their support; Anyhow, Chelsea took a question from a young BernieBro - who went on to question Clinton's trustworthiness, it was a good exchange with a solid question from the young man- Chelsea couldn't give must of an answer to the guy and ended up saying that he should do what Sanders is suggesting they do. If you can't agree with HC then you should just follow Sanders words. It was kind of a cringe moment. And a failed attempt to get a millennial voter. Another thing that occurred during that same trip was Chelsea flying on a private jet to an environment awareness meeting- She was 4hrs away from the location and instead of doing something green she took a private jet. haha...

I know there isn't much substance in this post, but if you take anything positive away from this it's that Clinton is trying to get millennials to support her and she's doing a pretty poor job of it thus far. That's positive, right?

http://heavy.com/news/2016/09/debbie-wasserman-schultz-dws-speaks-spoke-at-hillary-clinton-coral-springs-florida-rally-watch-video-photo-bernie-supporters-react-why/
    Chelsea makes what $900k a year?

Hillary wears $12,000 gaudy pantsuits.

Common folk.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    unsung said:

Common folk.

Straw man, anyone?
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    Democrats are hosting voter registration events in TX where they are offering free tacos from taco trucks. Dang. That's one way to get Hispanics out. Offer them free tacos.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,569
    tonifig8 said:

Democrats are hosting voter registration events in TX where they are offering free tacos from taco trucks. Dang. That's one way to get Hispanics out. Offer them free tacos.

Only if they're made by Mexicans. We frequent this little hole in the wall taqueria in Placerville where mostly Spanish speaking Mexicans make THE best tacos around.

No, Hispanics are not going to settle for no honky piece of shit taco handed to them by the DNC. No freakin' way.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942
    mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

Common folk.

Straw man, anyone?
    So much straw these last couple of pages.
    brianlux said:

tonifig8 said:

Only if they're made by Mexicans. We frequent this little hole in the wall taqueria in Placerville where mostly Spanish speaking Mexicans make THE best tacos around.

No, Hispanics are not going to settle for no honky piece of shit taco handed to them by the DNC. No freakin' way.

Hahaha...
    Those Hispanics they're targeting are a mixed of lower income, uninformed, and any they can convience that a Clinton presidency will be full of free tacos (handouts/welfare/govt.assistence/etc)

As a Hispanic I find this a bit insulting, and I assume will only support the negative stigma that Hispanics are coming here for free handouts. Which I refuse to accept.

But it is what it is.
    brianlux said:

tonifig8 said:

I was thinking free tacos sure would get a boatload of white people to show up.

brianlux said:

tonifig8 said:

Yeah right. They'd be freaked out by these low income Hispanics. I didn't see any footage from the event, but I would imagine these are poor citizens they're targeting. Hoping they'll turn out and vote for Clinton since millennials aren't coming around so easily. Hahaha
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    tonifig8 said:

Isn't this a tongue in cheek knock on the Trump camp's taco truck remarks?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659

brianlux said:

tonifig8 said:

I had some really good fish tacos the other day in Laguna Beach. Not free but still good.

Winning :hang_loose:

brianlux said:

tonifig8 said:

I had some really good fish tacos the other day in Laguna Beach. Not free but still good.

Laguna Beach, CA? If so, I find that hard to believe. I'm going to need a source.
    tonifig8 said:

brianlux said:

tonifig8 said:

Laguna Beach, CA? If so, I find that hard to believe. I'm going to need a source.
    Google ratings give Wahoo's, Taco Loco, and Papa's Tacos the highest rating. I love fish tacos. It's interesting that you don't see the english equivalent to loco very often. Crazy Chicken! Crazy Hamburgers! Crazy Wraps!
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    tonifig8 said:

DWS at a Clinton rally. Bad move, Clinton. If you're trying to win over millennial voters, this is how you don't win over millennial voters.

It didn't get any coverage, but yesterday or the day before yesterday, Chelsea Clinton was at East Carolina University- She was doing a Q&A in an attempt to court some millennials, apparently they're really making efforts to get their support; Anyhow, Chelsea took a question from a young BernieBro - who went on to question Clinton's trustworthiness, it was a good exchange with a solid question from the young man- Chelsea couldn't give must of an answer to the guy and ended up saying that he should do what Sanders is suggesting they do. If you can't agree with HC then you should just follow Sanders words. It was kind of a cringe moment. And a failed attempt to get a millennial voter. Another thing that occurred during that same trip was Chelsea flying on a private jet to an environment awareness meeting- She was 4hrs away from the location and instead of doing something green she took a private jet. haha...

I know there isn't much substance in this post, but if you take anything positive away from this it's that Clinton is trying to get millennials to support her and she's doing a pretty poor job of it thus far. That's positive, right?

http://heavy.com/news/2016/09/debbie-wasserman-schultz-dws-speaks-spoke-at-hillary-clinton-coral-springs-florida-rally-watch-video-photo-bernie-supporters-react-why/

Yeah, good luck with converting Sanders supporters Hillary!
  • Batten down the fuckin hatches, the storms comin'!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

You don't really get forced to pay. You can elect to not make anything and they'll pay you. Winning!
    But they'll have their armed goon squads come and kidnap you first and throw you in a cage.

Didn't answer the question asked of you, as usual. Another arrogant deflection.
    Yawn.

Your candidate went from being flat broke when they moved out of the White House to be worth north of $250,000,000. How does someone who has a lifetime of "public service" gain so much wealth in such a short amount or time when their max "public service" salary was $400,000 a year?

I won't hold my breath waiting for an answer.
    From the NY Post, Failure as Secretary of State.
    She/they sold influence.

That wasn't hard to answer, we both knew the answer just like we both know you can't provide a single example from the real world, current or past, where the style of government you advocate has existed, let alone succeeded. The closest you can come is to point out periods of massive unrest and human rights violations within countries that allowed their richest citizens and businesses to run rough shod over the populace.
    If you could admit that, you wouldn't come off so arrogant and aloof, but then you might have to face the fact that your Mises Institute baloney is as purely theoretical as total communism.
    unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Yawn.

Your candidate went from being flat broke when they moved out of the White House to be worth north of $250,000,000. How does someone who has a lifetime of "public service" gain so much wealth in such a short amount or time when their max "public service" salary was $400,000 a year?

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,404
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

You've committed to an ideology so strongly that you're essentially the same as a religious fundamentalist. It's blinded you from reality, but present reality and what the reality would be if you beliefs turned real.
    So radical that I want people to keep what they earn.

That's what this country has come to.
    What this country has come to...since becoming a country over 200 years ago.
    You should take history or econ 101. Taxes didn't exist anything like today.
    uh...yeah and they didn't have a military worth mentioning, no interstate highways, no nuclear weapons, etc.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    edited October 2016
    unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Yawn.

All of their tax returns are posted bud....speaking fees, book sales, etc

it's interesting how you suggest some evil explanation while all of their tax returns are available to view.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Free said:

tonifig8 said:

DWS at a Clinton rally. Bad move, Clinton. If you're trying to win over millennial voters, this is how you don't win over millennial voters.

Yeah, good luck with converting Sanders supporters Hillary!
    Good luck with your political temper tantrum!

That's her opinion I guess. Do you have anything from the National Enquirer?

• FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    rgambs said:

She/they sold influence.

Hardly on the up and up. Political influence is never noble.
    Free said:

rgambs said:

She/they sold influence.

Hardly on the up and up. Political influence is never noble.
    Yeah, true... And fair is the place you go to get cotton candy.
This discussion has been closed.