Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

LOL, the Somalia statement.

Your system ceases to exist if it were to be voluntary.

Government: Ideas so great they'll force you to pay for them.

what country currently operates under the economic system that you prefer?

You don't really get forced to pay. You can elect to not make anything and they'll pay you. Winning!
    But they'll have their armed goon squads come and kidnap you first and throw you in a cage.

Again, ideas so good you are forced to participate.
    You've committed to an ideology so strongly that you're essentially the same as a religious fundamentalist. It's blinded you from reality, but present reality and what the reality would be if you beliefs turned real.
    So radical that I want people to keep what they earn.

That's what this country has come to.
    What this country has come to...since becoming a country over 200 years ago.
    You should take history or econ 101. Taxes didn't exist anything like today.
    uh...yeah and they didn't have a military worth mentioning, no interstate highways, no nuclear weapons, etc.
    Don't forget sewers, infrastructure, police, fire, etc etc
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited October 2016

It didn't get any coverage, but yesterday or the day before yesterday, Chelsea Clinton was at East Carolina University- She was doing a Q&A in an attempt to court some millennials, apparently they're really making efforts to get their support; Anyhow, Chelsea took a question from a young BernieBro - who went on to question Clinton's trustworthiness, it was a good exchange with a solid question from the young man- Chelsea couldn't give must of an answer to the guy and ended up saying that he should do what Sanders is suggesting they do. If you can't agree with HC then you should just follow Sanders words. It was kind of a cringe moment. And a failed attempt to get a millennial voter. Another thing that occurred during that same trip was Chelsea flying on a private jet to an environment awareness meeting- She was 4hrs away from the location and instead of doing something green she took a private jet. haha...

I know there isn't much substance in this post, but if you take anything positive away from this it's that Clinton is trying to get millennials to support her and she's doing a pretty poor job of it thus far. That's positive, right?

http://heavy.com/news/2016/09/debbie-wasserman-schultz-dws-speaks-spoke-at-hillary-clinton-coral-springs-florida-rally-watch-video-photo-bernie-supporters-react-why/

Yeah, good luck with converting Sanders supporters Hillary!

Good luck with your political temper tantrum!
    tonifig8 said:

DWS at a Clinton rally. Bad move, Clinton. If you're trying to win over millennial voters, this is how you don't win over millennial voters.

It didn't get any coverage, but yesterday or the day before yesterday, Chelsea Clinton was at East Carolina University- She was doing a Q&A in an attempt to court some millennials, apparently they're really making efforts to get their support; Anyhow, Chelsea took a question from a young BernieBro - who went on to question Clinton's trustworthiness, it was a good exchange with a solid question from the young man- Chelsea couldn't give must of an answer to the guy and ended up saying that he should do what Sanders is suggesting they do. If you can't agree with HC then you should just follow Sanders words. It was kind of a cringe moment. And a failed attempt to get a millennial voter. Another thing that occurred during that same trip was Chelsea flying on a private jet to an environment awareness meeting- She was 4hrs away from the location and instead of doing something green she took a private jet. haha...

I know there isn't much substance in this post, but if you take anything positive away from this it's that Clinton is trying to get millennials to support her and she's doing a pretty poor job of it thus far. That's positive, right?

http://heavy.com/news/2016/09/debbie-wasserman-schultz-dws-speaks-spoke-at-hillary-clinton-coral-springs-florida-rally-watch-video-photo-bernie-supporters-react-why/

Interesting, Halifax, that that's all you can say about this story.
    Post edited by Free on
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    unsung said:
    Yeah, can't have too many threads showing the failures of this crook.
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    edited October 2016

"You big, me small"
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
    I didn't.

I guess they want her failures limited to one thread.
    unsung said:

I didn't.

I guess they want her failures limited to one thread.

You try and give the people what they want and then they do this to you.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,569
    I still trying to figure out what merge failed.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

It's not Hillary who has failed, it is the American voting public. We have elected two lousy candidates for president. Our report card for electing candidates reads: "F".
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

unsung said:
    Ohhh, ouch! Not touching that one. :lol:

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,870

unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

You don't really get forced to pay. You can elect to not make anything and they'll pay you. Winning!
    But they'll have their armed goon squads come and kidnap you first and throw you in a cage.

Didn't answer the question asked of you, as usual. Another arrogant deflection.
    Yawn.

Your candidate went from being flat broke when they moved out of the White House to be worth north of $250,000,000. How does someone who has a lifetime of "public service" gain so much wealth in such a short amount or time when their max "public service" salary was $400,000 a year?

I won't hold my breath waiting for an answer.
    All of their tax returns are posted bud....speaking fees, book sales, etc

it's interesting how you suggest some evil explanation while all of their tax returns are available to view.
    Yup, all.ofntheir money was made legitimately. I looked it up a little while ago, and it turns out that Bill and Clinton made $138,000,000 in the last 15 years just with speaking engagements alone. They are on the up and up as far as their personal wealth goes. It sure does pay to be President!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942
    unsung said:
    You just linked a New York Post article? See, I knew you had a sense of humor!
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,404

unsung said:
    You just linked a New York Post article? See, I knew you had a sense of humor!
    yeah my comment got lost in the merge....I was asking if there were any National Enquirer articles that he could post.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942
    unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Yawn.

Your candidate went from being flat broke when they moved out of the White House to be worth north of $250,000,000. How does someone who has a lifetime of "public service" gain so much wealth in such a short amount or time when their max "public service" salary was $400,000 a year?

She did that by billing what the market would pay. Seems like you'd be in to that.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Yawn.

She did that by billing what the market would pay. Seems like you'd be in to that.
    Yeah, and without ethical concerns as well, that's as libertarian as it gets!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?

unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Yawn.

unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Yawn.

Are you referring to the wall st speeches?

Isn't wall st funding her campaign? Shit they must have a lot of money to give away freely. Hmmmmmmm somethings not adding up here.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    tonifig8 said:

unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Yawn.

unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Yawn.

Isn't wall st funding her campaign? Shit they must have a lot of money to give away freely. Hmmmmmmm somethings not adding up here.
    How much do you think Obama took in 2008 and 2012 from Wall Street? And did that affect the passage of Dodd-Frank?
    mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Yawn.

unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Yawn.

How much do you think Obama took in 2008 and 2012 from Wall Street? And did that affect the passage of Dodd-Frank?
    Obama took in a butt load, but the idea was that we would make changes/progress towards getting big money out of influencing our elections/politicians. He set up some rules for the DNC so that they wouldn't accept these funds, but DWS and company turned a blind eye to it. The point would be progress- we're essentially allowing the same to continue because we're afraid of trump, or whatever the excuse is today.

• BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    benjs said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

OnWis97 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

It's pretty telling when people are drilling holes in their new iPhones for headphone jacks based on a video they saw on social media, lol

Oh man, lol. When I saw that story I actually looked it up on Snopes to see if it was true that people were really falling for it. I thought maybe the claim that anyone was actually doing it was fake ..... and found that Snopes only bothered to confirm that getting a headphone jack by drilling a hole in your iPhone was false. SMH.
    (Stupidest thing Apple ever did btw)
    I am not following...what did Apple do here?
    They removed the headphone jack. So you have to use blu tooth headphones or use the adapter that plugs into the charge port. So I suppose you can't charge and listen to your headphones at the same time unless they are wireless.
    This was a business move- Now apple users have to adapt to this product. As someone who uses Apple products, do I like it? Nope. But they are now locking us into this new product. And anyone else who attempts to make new headphones will have to spend money in changing their designs.
    Definitely a business move. It means they can make the product slimmer which means they can release a new I7, which means new revenue, plus the wireless headphones. I hate Apple myself. I don't use their phone, hate Itunes, hate lossy music, hate being locked into a specific user experience. And I think they've developed lame ass products since Jobs died.
    ouch! I agree with you, but still love my iphone and its operating system above all other phones I've used. I was originally a blackberry guy up until a few years ago.

On a side note, since you mentioned music ... a few days back you made a comment about going to see Mumford and Sons (i'm pretty sure it was you). I saw them a week or so ago, which was my 3rd time watching them. What was your take on them? I thought they put on a pretty good show and I think they sound pretty darn good live, which a lot of bands tend to not sound good live.

back to hillary
    One thing that Hillary and I agree on is that we think Mumford was pretty good in concert, but not great. Now this was a few years ago, on the Babel tour. I did not like Wilder very much. I thought Sigh No More was great, because it was so different when it hit. I was wondering what their next move would be musically and I think it's just okay. We'll see what the future brings. But I can say for sure that Hillary will not ban Mumford from future ACL concerts. Trump might.

Edit - and it was at the Patriot Center (NOVA/ suburban DC) which I don't think is a very good venue acoustically.
    I am generally not for bans of any kind but if Trump is for a ban of Mumford And Sons then I am for him. They took great music and turned it into Coldplay. In all seriousness though republican leaders usually result in great protest music. Worldwide Suicide is one of my favourite PJ tunes and dare I say that without Bush we wouldn't have it. I'm also a very big fan of Bushleaguer. I look forward to what kind of fantastic music a Trump administration will generate. His candidacy alone already got me a Prophets of Rage show which may have been the best concert I have been to in my life. Hillary will bring us more electric Mumford...bleh.
    Were we both at the Toronto Prophets of Rage show too!? Seems that's two recent shows we could've met up! Were you in the pit too?
    Yes I was in the pit and it kicked ass. You weren't the guy wearing the PJ I Am Analogue shirt were you?
    I believe I was!!! I was there with a really tall bald guy. So funny. My cousin was the drunk one who threw her bra on stage!
    Dude...if that was you then we met. I came up to you before the show and pointed at your shirt and said hey. I was wearing a PJ south america tour hat.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Yawn.

unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Yawn.

Obama took in a butt load, but the idea was that we would make changes/progress towards getting big money out of influencing our elections/politicians. He set up some rules for the DNC so that they wouldn't accept these funds, but DWS and company turned a blind eye to it. The point would be progress- we're essentially allowing the same to continue because we're afraid of trump, or whatever the excuse is today.

Corporations donate to both candidates. They are hedging. Without an overturning of CU, it would create too big of a disadvantage for the Democrats to compete on a national and local level. I'm not saying it's right, but the net result of the moral high ground could be not only losses at the top of the ticket, but straight on down.
  • rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    edited October 2016
    Not Bubba or Maddow, LMAO
    unsung said:

unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Yawn.

Pay/bribed. Tomato/to(mah)to.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Unsung is the most cynical person I've ever encountered. If someone isn't Ron Paul in civic service, they're bought and bribed already.
    I've been in civic service for 12 years now and I can honestly say the majority of both parties are very respectful citizens.
  • unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Yawn.

Where do you get your information? Got a link to the "north of $250,000,000?"
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Free said:

Yeah, good luck with converting Sanders supporters Hillary!

Good luck with your political temper tantrum!
    tonifig8 said:

DWS at a Clinton rally. Bad move, Clinton. If you're trying to win over millennial voters, this is how you don't win over millennial voters.

Interesting, Halifax, that that's all you can say about this story.

Excuse me? Did I comment on this story? If I did, it must have been during my blackout phase because that's what all the Bernie whining makes me do, black out. Yup, Bernie still lost.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    How does she feel about Sanders supporters?

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-supporters-audio-leak-228997

Clinton gives her take on Sanders supporters in leaked fundraising recording
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    How she feels about Bernie voters, huh? That name should ring a bell, I think. Oh. The guy that lost? Yeah. Bernie lost. If you really believe in him and what he stands for- you'd get over it and follow him in who he is voting for.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Free said:

How does she feel about Sanders supporters?

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-supporters-audio-leak-228997

Clinton gives her take on Sanders supporters in leaked fundraising recording

I for one find this kind of talk refreshing. If she would speak like this about the left more often she could actually convince people like me to support her.

How she feels about Bernie voters, huh? That name should ring a bell, I think. Oh. The guy that lost? Yeah. Bernie lost. If you really believe in him and what he stands for- you'd get over it and follow him in who he is voting for.

I fully admit as having been let down by Bernie because he supports Hillary but who knows why he did that and I don't really care. Bernie laid the best he had on the table and I'm still on board with that. What he's given over to Hillary doesn't matter so much. Maybe he's just like all the others who are more put off by Trump. But that's all moot to me. I like the ideas he brought to the table and I don't see any need to throw them in the dust bin.

This discussion has been closed.