Options

The Echoes Of Ahmed's Clock In Muslim History

Comments

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

Just read over this bit of the thread from earlier and I honestly can't understand why the concern is being raised about the family, if that's all the dirt they can dig up after several days. So the father ran for president of his country - so what? We've got several threads on the AMT about people running for president; we don't necessarily think too highly of some of them, but that doesn't mean we immediately think they're terrorists. So the father defended the Qur'an, his holy book, when some Christian pastor "put it on trial" - so what? That doesn't seem much different than how you, GF, would defend your bible if it were put on trial. So the owner of some sports team called him and his sister helped him out on the phone - so what? I don't think I would have done a great job at 14 talking to a whole bunch of strangers I'd never met who were quizzing me about what I'd done to get suspended from school.

No, it doesn't "make a little more sense". It makes no sense as far as I can see to try to make a case out of such flimsy evidence.
    glad you likes it and your opinion has been duly noted.

Godfather.

• Options
    I just read an article saying police told the family to pick up the clock a week age but so far a no show to pick it up.

Godfather.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

I didn't think a new thread was needed but I saw this story on the news tonight.Id be interested to hear what you all think.
    In NJ the Muslim community at this school district wants a Muslim holiday with 6 days notice.Things get heated and it hits the news.The line the news is playing is "We will be the Majority soon".
    Im assuming it will bother some and others will support the issue.
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/09/video-muslims-taunt-nj-school-officials-were-going-to-be-the-majority-soon/
    Anyone from that area have any insight?

I watched something on this last night. The school board said that they could not feasibly close the school with a 6 day notice and make parents of other students scramble for care. There was also an argument that Jewish Students do not get Yom Kippur or Rosh Hashanah (spelling) off either. They did tell the parents the children could have an excused day but will not close the school. I do not see a problem with that. There was a lady that said they will be the majority soon.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    screw em in the neck ! this is the kind of crap I'm talking about when opening our boarders, yes it pisses me off.

Godfather.
  • Options
    I am going to bite on the clock story too. I worked with a military Org for almost 3 years called the Joint Improvised Explosive Devise Defeat Organization (JIEDDO) they recently changed their name to something else. You are all correct that the one thing missing from this being a bomb is the explosives. However, what is to say that he had them somewhere else? I do not think so, but if I was that teacher I would have sided with caution. When I was in Afghanistan I learned that the IED has stages and sometimes the emplacer put the IED out in stages. I think the teen knew what he was doing to be a wise ass, just like all teens.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,667

I am going to bite on the clock story too. I worked with a military Org for almost 3 years called the Joint Improvised Explosive Devise Defeat Organization (JIEDDO) they recently changed their name to something else. You are all correct that the one thing missing from this being a bomb is the explosives. However, what is to say that he had them somewhere else? I do not think so, but if I was that teacher I would have sided with caution. When I was in Afghanistan I learned that the IED has stages and sometimes the emplacer put the IED out in stages. I think the teen knew what he was doing to be a wise ass, just like all teens.

So should a teen being a wise ass be handcuffed and detained? Although this would lower classroom sizes.
  • Options
    yes he should and his parents should be penalized as well, but you know what, this little stunt put his whole family on the home land security watch list.

Godfather.
  • Options

yes he should and his parents should be penalized as well, but you know what, this little stunt put his whole family on the home land security watch list.

Godfather.

A true patriot that kid.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Godfather.

A true patriot that kid.
    HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH.....yup !

Godfather.

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited September 2015
    rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

The line the news is playing is "We will be the Majority soon".

It is not a line the news is playing.
    It happened.
    You are spinning.
    Yeah PJFan,WTF are you talking about.I didn't offer an opinion let alone spin anything.Its the caption on the video.
    This was on my local CBS affiliate news here in FL.Its A NJ story.So it must have legs.Not sure your angle here?
    I guess after participating too often on AMT one starts to wonder if anyone believes the news anymore. I took what you said as the news is "playing", as in eyeroll, here we go again.
    Make sense?
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options

So should a teen being a wise ass be handcuffed and detained? Although this would lower classroom sizes.
    If they refuse to answer the police questions which I read he did refuse. From what I read the police got a call that perhaps there was something that looked like a bomb. When they showed up he would not answer question. Well he got detained. It is not like they tackled him an put him in shackles. Once the police had more evidence they release him that is how it happens. If the police do not question and this kid is an asshat and does detonate a explosive then the police are criticized for not questioning him more.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

It happened.
    You are spinning.
    Yeah PJFan,WTF are you talking about.I didn't offer an opinion let alone spin anything.Its the caption on the video.
    This was on my local CBS affiliate news here in FL.Its A NJ story.So it must have legs.Not sure your angle here?
    I guess after participating too often on AMT one starts to wonder if anyone believes the news anymore. I took what you said as the news is "playing", as in eyeroll, here we go again.
    Make sense?
    Yeah I get it,but don't be so jaded.lol

I try to take each response or story/link providedand weigh it on its own merit,look at source(is it a lib story or a Fox News story,etc).
    Posters on this site are all very biased in their beliefs which I get ,but so many stories have so many angles we gotta take each one and give it its own review or we can't comment objectively.I believe Many of us fall on both sides of the fence just depends on the issue.So it's tough to assume who thinks what and when.I know I don't fit neatly into any way of thought.

If you watched clip a lady actually tells the board that "they will be the majority soon".That kinda statement will make some here take pause and others it won't bother.But it wasn't media hype.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,892
    I'd be curious to know why the tv news was at a school board hearing. And I'd be interested to see the raw footage prior to edit for air.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,626
    rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

It happened.
    You are spinning.
    Make sense?

I try to take each response or story/link providedand weigh it on its own merit,look at source(is it a lib story or a Fox News story,etc).
    Posters on this site are all very biased in their beliefs which I get ,but so many stories have so many angles we gotta take each one and give it its own review or we can't comment objectively.I believe Many of us fall on both sides of the fence just depends on the issue.So it's tough to assume who thinks what and when.I know I don't fit neatly into any way of thought.

If you watched clip a lady actually tells the board that "they will be the majority soon".That kinda statement will make some here take pause and others it won't bother.But it wasn't media hype.
    PJfan isn't jaded, he just has no faith in your use of punctuation. :lol:;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

It happened.
    You are spinning.
    Make sense?

PJfan isn't jaded, he just has no faith in your use of punctuation. :lol:;)
    PSoul,I'm sooo glad the Grammer police is alive and well.lol
    I believe I'm actually getting worse each year.Maybe I should actually put some effort in one of these days.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • Options
    Sentence structure was never my strong point.
  • Options
    So to get back to topic.
    The history of this guys clock will never be part of muslim religious history.
    The muslim history of clocks is pretty cool though.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125

So to get back to topic.

Who ever said it was?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    edited December 2015
    g under p said:

So to get back to topic.

Who ever said it was?

Peace
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,667

If they refuse to answer the police questions which I read he did refuse. From what I read the police got a call that perhaps there was something that looked like a bomb. When they showed up he would not answer question. Well he got detained. It is not like they tackled him an put him in shackles. Once the police had more evidence they release him that is how it happens. If the police do not question and this kid is an asshat and does detonate a explosive then the police are criticized for not questioning him more.
    I guess I'm not willing to forfeit constitutional rights for what could happen. The cops knew at school that it wasn't a bomb. The FIVE cops should've left at that point.
  • Options
    I've been reading more on this story.....seems the questioning was met with very evasive answer's from the kid and his parents as well during the questioning according to police and school officials.

Godfather.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,892
    edited September 2015

I've been reading more on this story.....seems the questioning was met with very evasive answer's from the kid and his parents as well during the questioning according to police and school officials.

Godfather.

Like to see both the questions asked and the answers given
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,845
    mickeyrat said:

Godfather.

Like to see both the questions asked and the answers given
    absolutely. initially it just said "he kept saying it was a clock, without elaborating". what needs elaboration, and how is that evasive? it's a fucking clock. end of story.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    edited September 2015

screw em in the neck ! this is the kind of crap I'm talking about when opening our boarders, yes it pisses me off.

Godfather.

Smart kids building and inventing things. This is the problem this country has. Thanks, man.

I am pretty sure this kid is going to be 432587349853480990 times more successful than you have ever imagined and will do so much more positive for this country than your narrow bigoted mind could even imagine.

And this is coming from who has no problem with how the school reacted.
  • Options

Godfather.

so then that applies to you as well. go back to where your relatives came from. from what I gather, you aren't aboriginal, so screw you in the neck. :grin:

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Godfather.

Smart kids building and inventing things. This is the problem this country has. Thanks, man.

I am pretty sure this kid is going to be 432587349853480990 times more successful than you have ever imagined and will do so much more positive for this country than your narrow bigoted mind could even imagine.

my narrow bigoted mind ? and much more positive contributions ? sounds like you're putting the cart before the horse...as usual, I'm glad that just a simple post from me can make you so excited
    cliffy, it makes having some fun on this forum a lot easier knowing there are nice folks like you
    who think so much of them self's.

Godfather.

• Options

Godfather.

my narrow bigoted mind ? and much more positive contributions ? sounds like you're putting the cart before the horse...as usual, I'm glad that just a simple post from me can make you so excited
    cliffy, it makes having some fun on this forum a lot easier knowing there are nice folks like you
    who think so much of them self's.

Godfather.

putting the cart before the horse? that expression makes no sense in this context.

it's not just one post, GF. it's a pattern.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Godfather.

so then that applies to you as well. go back to where your relatives came from. from what I gather, you aren't aboriginal, so screw you in the neck. :grin:

LOL !!!!! did that get your short and curly's in a bunch ? or am I just that sexy LOL !!!!!!

Godfather.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,626
    edited September 2015
    What are your thoughts about the fact that the America you love is a country built by immigrants GF? As a decedent of immigrants and supporter of a nation whose entire history is all about immigrants (and Natives, from whom your ancestors stole America), how do you reconcile the contradiction between that fact and your anti-immigrant stance? Genuinely curious.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    ^^^I'm not sure if an anti-immigrant stance is his.
    A descendant of immigrants does not imply that you carry all the same traits.
    Some yes but not all.
    Like growing up with a racist parent (or both) when you become a parent you strike that life lesson from the agenda for them. Much the same way as all people have descended from a common ancestor.

edit - relevance to the thread?....this clock guys story will not be descended in muslim history